[discord] Thunder12345

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

[discord] Thunder12345

Post by oranges » #626047

I made a joke about mothblocks sending me a dm with jake adventures.exe and goof saw it and immediately decided to ping the discord jannies.

Fine, whatever, he got baited.

But thunder then timed me out for 60 seconds for absolutely no reason.

My joke contained no malicious links, it was completely harmless and obvious to anyone with a braincell.

I want this janitor sanctioned and timed out from jannie tools for 60 minutes at least

conversation Image
Last edited by oranges on Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Re: [discord] unknown janitor

Post by oranges » #626048

also I would say which janitor did it, but I can no longer see the audit log
oranges
Code Maintainer

Re: [discord] Thunder12345

Post by oranges » #626050

nevermind they just changed the UI I found it
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #626052

i also recieved a timeout for 60 seconds for making what I believed to be a legitimate report
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #626127

You posted a stupid joke pretending that someone had their account hijacked right in the middle of a spate of such occurrences, which led to someone pinging the discord jannies over it.

For your stupid joke, you got put in timeout for one minute. You made a distasteful joke and got muted for one minute over it.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #626133

right but why was I timed out then?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #626180

Thunder11 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:58 pm You posted a stupid joke pretending that someone had their account hijacked right in the middle of a spate of such occurrences, which led to someone pinging the discord jannies over it.

For your stupid joke, you got put in timeout for one minute. You made a distasteful joke and got muted for one minute over it.
This is not a defence of your actions
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #626188

You made a stupid joke pretending that someone got their account hijacked, when multiple people have actually had that happen to them. That's not funny, that's spreading misinformation and confusing people. You were muted for 60 seconds because of that. That seems like an incredibly reasonable punishment to me.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #626191

iamgoofball wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:18 pm right but why was I timed out then?
okay but why was I timed out then still?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #626247

Thunder11 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:06 pm You made a stupid joke pretending that someone got their account hijacked, when multiple people have actually had that happen to them. That's not funny, that's spreading misinformation and confusing people. You were muted for 60 seconds because of that. That seems like an incredibly reasonable punishment to me.
that's where you're incorrect, because if you're dumb enough to fall for a scam as obvious as this you deserve to be made fun of and my post was incredibly funny.

I think a reasonable punishment for your lack of self control and inability to investigate the issue at hand before passing any judgement would be a 60 day removal of admin privileges and I await the headadmins response as soon as possible.
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #626618

As stated by Thunder, you posted a joke implying that a user had their account compromised while there were multiple ongoing incidents of the same happening to others. Given the severity of this it is understandable that other users would report this do discord janitors. Falsifying incidents of this nature risks discord janitors falsely removing someone's account from the server as well as wasting discord janitor time and as such completely warrants disciplinary action from discord janitors for falsely reporting compromised accounts.

We find that Thunder acted mercifully in an 60 second timeout, where in other incidents of this nature more would be justified. We will not be upholding this complaint.

Headmin Votes:
NamelessFairy: Do not uphold
Dragomagol: Do not uphold
RaveRadbury: Do not uphold
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #626621

iamgoofball wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:01 am i also recieved a timeout for 60 seconds for making what I believed to be a legitimate report
It was not a legitimate report.

Oranges as a headcoder was perfectly capable of informing the admin and discord teams of a breach of one of his maintainers's discord accounts.

They are in 4 limited access channels and had better ability to get our attention then you did.

The only reason for you to be doing that ping was because you thought your name was Randall J. Weems.

I hate people named Randall J. Weems.

-King Bob out
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)