[Deleted] Remove Goofball for breaching election rules

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

CPTANT

Byond Username: CPTANT

Remove Goofball for breaching election rules

Postby CPTANT » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:24 am #333450

Blatant breach of election rules in the form of offering coding favours for votes:

GoofCode Suggestions: Take 4:
IF I WIN, and you can verify you voted for me as your #1 vote as of the time of the vote ending, you get:
1 goofcode suggestion, redeemable for the ABILITY TO SUGGEST TO ME a minor feature of your choice, full merge not guaranteed but a testmerge is def. on the table

Not only in this election but also in the previous, with the stated intent of keeping doing it:

Postby iamgoofball » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:46 am #258625
I'm going to do this anyways, because I feel a responsibility to fufill my existing promises to voters. Sorry man, but that's populism.

Stated in response to declaring these things illegal: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9821

The coderbus will just say administration and code are seperated so the chance of actual github sanctions seem almost zero.

The only reasonable action is removing Goof from the election list.

The issue was already brought up a week ago and nobody had enough spine to comment on it.

Who even cares about headmins positions if you are all too spineless to even comment on things like this?
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

oranges
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Remove Goofball for breaching election rules

Postby oranges » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:21 am #333455

I've been holding back on responding to this but I guess you leave me no choice now.

This activity was prohibited by the codebase lead coder and has no relation to eligibility in the election itself, I have avoided making a ruling on this because it's an edge case that only a single candidate brings up, and I feel that most people are not picking goof because of his "suggestion tokens" nonsense, especially given that the codebase will declare them invalid and close them.

Clearly I need to consider this case and deliver a ruling after consulting with MSO, but we can investigate making this action something that makes you ineligible to run.

I've avoided making too many rules and regulations to simplify administration and reduce bias introduced by the actions of the people who have to moderate the election subforum

firecage
Github User

Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Postby firecage » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:21 pm #333463

And Oranges, in the very, very small event that Goofball DOES end up winning, well, someone who offers bribes for votes, and who artificially raises their amount of connections by spam joining in single rounds so they look more active, well...would just be best to get everything out of the way beforehand, since such a person would not be a very reliable, trustworthy, or even competent headmin.

CPTANT

Postby CPTANT » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:06 pm #333472

oranges wrote:I've been holding back on responding to this but I guess you leave me no choice now.

(...) and I feel that most people are not picking goof because of his "suggestion tokens" nonsense, especially given that the codebase will declare them invalid and close them.

(...)

literally impossible to enforce since any PR Goof makes after this can be a suggested feature.

Are you going to close every PR Goof makes the coming months?
Last edited by CPTANT on Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remie Richards

Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe
Byond Username: CrimsonVision

Postby Remie Richards » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:07 pm #333474

oranges wrote:I feel that most people are not picking goof because of his "suggestion tokens" nonsense, especially given that the codebase will declare them invalid and close them.

Fine then.
Give him immunity for this current election (to protected already placed votes that you believe aren't for the tokens (they probably are)), which he still won't win, and then ban it and disqualify if he inevitably tries it again.
私は完璧

DemonFiren

Byond Username: DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:13 pm #333478

Remie Richards wrote:
oranges wrote:I feel that most people are not picking goof because of his "suggestion tokens" nonsense, especially given that the codebase will declare them invalid and close them.

Fine then.
Give him immunity for this current election (to protected already placed votes that you believe aren't for the tokens (they probably are)), which he still won't win, and then ban it and disqualify if he inevitably tries it again.

inb4 he wins
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

Remie Richards

Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Postby Remie Richards » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:14 pm #333479

There is a 0% chance that he will win.
And, if for some reason this is the darkest timeline where he does win, he'll still be overruled by the other 2 headmins.
私は完璧

CPTANT

Postby CPTANT » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:15 pm #333481

Remie Richards wrote:There is a 0% chance that he will win.

No there isn't, you simply can't say things like that before the results are known.

Remie Richards

Postby Remie Richards » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:17 pm #333482

But I do know the results?
He can't win.
私は完璧

Doctor Pork

Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Postby Doctor Pork » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:55 pm #333500

And, if for some reason this is the darkest timeline where he does win, he'll still be overruled by the other 2 headmins.

This is definitely the darkest timeline.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander

Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad

Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle

DemonFiren

Byond Username: DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:04 pm #333503

Doctor Pork wrote:
And, if for some reason this is the dankest timeline where he does win, he'll still be overruled by the other 2 headmins.

This is definitely the dankest timeline.

ftfy
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

Doctor Pork

Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Postby Doctor Pork » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:05 pm #333505

DemonFiren wrote:
Doctor Pork wrote:
And, if for some reason this is the dankest timeline where he does win, he'll still be overruled by the other 2 headmins.

ftfy

This is why I advocate for lizard rights.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander

Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad

Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle

Xhagi

Byond Username: Aliannera

Postby Xhagi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:05 pm #333519

Doctor Pork wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:
Doctor Pork wrote:

ftfy

This is why I advocate for lizard rights.

Yea, I don't know where Remie's been this whole time. We are most definitely in the dankest timeline.
ねこみみーちゃん
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.

iamgoofball
Github User

Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Postby iamgoofball » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:42 pm #333530

as I've said a billion times, if the election folks wanted me to remove it they'd tell me outright

Make /tg/ great again folls

Deitus

Byond Username: Deitus

Postby Deitus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:45 pm #333533

iamgoofball wrote:as I've said a billion times, if the election folks wanted me to remove it they'd tell me outright

Make /tg/ great again folls

oranges wrote:I've been holding back on responding to this but I guess you leave me no choice now.

This activity was prohibited by the codebase lead coder and has no relation to eligibility in the election itself, I have avoided making a ruling on this because it's an edge case that only a single candidate brings up, and I feel that most people are not picking goof because of his "suggestion tokens" nonsense, especially given that the codebase will declare them invalid and close them.

Clearly I need to consider this case and deliver a ruling after consulting with MSO, but we can investigate making this action something that makes you ineligible to run.

I've avoided making too many rules and regulations to simplify administration and reduce bias introduced by the actions of the people who have to moderate the election subforum

ITT we try to teach goof basic learning, reading, and reasoning, but fail miserably as he just spouts memes. again.

oranges
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Postby oranges » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:43 am #333635

can you please stay on topic

Deitus

Byond Username: Deitus

Postby Deitus » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:46 am #333637

oranges wrote:can you please stay on topic

how is that not on topic? we call out goof for something and he skirts the issue with memes, which i point out to him.

edit: assuming you were talking to me

Grazyn

Byond Username: Grazyn

Postby Grazyn » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:50 am #333689

Remie Richards wrote:

Fine then.

^this

Whatever you decide will have to apply to the next election for obvious reasons, unless you really want to show utter and complete disregard for the voters

Grazyn

Byond Username: Grazyn

Postby Grazyn » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:00 am #333690

Also thank you Remie but you don't have to remind us that the player headmin will always be overruled by the other 2 headmins (the latest idea of letting the incumbent headmins pick the guy for the host slot guarantees that this will never change), people already know this and that's exactly why they're protest voting goof en masse.

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:42 am.
Reason: lizardposting
View this post

Remie Richards

Postby Remie Richards » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:26 am #333731

So it seems we are in the Dankest timeline, which is thankfully not also the Darkest.
私は完璧

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:55 pm.
Reason: dankposting
View this post

Qbopper
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Postby Qbopper » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:13 pm #333887

I think there are better reasons to nuke goof than the retard coding favors thing anyways
Limey wrote:its too late.

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:25 am.
Reason: dr pork is now on post approval in this forum
View this post

Return to Archived/Deleted