HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [Pandarsenic]

Resolved.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [Pandarsenic]

Post by Pandarsenic » #37196

Yeah, hopefully two threads will make this a standard title syntax....

Anyway. Yeah. I am here. Still. Person who codified all the unwritten silicon policies we had floating around. Still haven't vanished or anything.

I guess this will be a general thread for whatever you want to say for/against/about/with/to me.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [Pandarsenic]

Post by paprika » #37201

Based as fuck. Good luck.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
UtterNewbie

Post by UtterNewbie » #37205

Do you think using your departments tools to do your job ingame constitutes powergaming?

What is your opinion on the naming policy?

What do you think of the newest admins and trialmins in relation to their admining and behavior?

How do you feel about singulo.io?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #37251

Communication of policy has always been a major issue in /tg/station. People have been banned for vague and sometimes completely un-noted changes in policy, simply because no one was informed we were doing things that way. What will you do to help remedy the situation?

Metagaming bans have been quite common lately, whereas before they were a once-in-a-while thing. Why do you think this is? Better detection, or a spike in activity? What do you think can be done to curb metagaming?

Thoughts on the name policy? What constitutes an unacceptable name?

Do you believe /tg/station should encourage or even (in some major cases) enforce roleplaying?

Being the person who pretty much codified the silicon policy, do you believe it should go through a revision?

What are your thoughts on validhunting?

Finally, do you believe Asimov should be kept as the default AI laws? Why or why not?

Thanks in advance.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #37301

Do you think Heads of Staff positions are generally filled by players too green for the job?

Do you have any plan to increase the numbers of Security Officers?

Choose one out of each pair:

Murderbone is bad - Everything goes

Upload and Secure Tech and EVA (...) should be bolted at roundstart - Bolting powergaming is for faggots who hate fun

Minor to Medium severity crimes should always be dealt IC - Repeatedly breaking the law every round is reason enough to ban

Subverted silicons should not try to find loopholes in One Human type laws - Exploiting loopholes is always acceptable

Assistants should have maintenance access - Assistants should not have maintenance access

Security players should be allowed to kill people who insist on being problematic - BWOINK

Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do - Roboticists only exist to make cyborgs

Heads of Staff should be allowed to demote their underlings always - Heads of Staff cannot demote without a good reason

Forums should have a board for people to discuss bans and ban requests freely - No "stenography"

Rei - Asuka

Sorry if there is anything you feel you've already answered.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #37305

UtterNewbie wrote:Do you think using your departments tools to do your job ingame constitutes powergaming?

What is your opinion on the naming policy?

What do you think of the newest admins and trialmins in relation to their admining and behavior?

How do you feel about singulo.io?
1) YES BAN IMMEDIATELY
2) YES BAN IMMEDIATELY
3) YES BAN IMMEDIATELY
4) YES BAN IMMEDIATELY

Actual answers:

1) Anything in your department is fair game. Anything you can steal is... probably also fair game as long as you're stealing it from where you find it and not off of a person. Stealing orange oxygen tanks off of engineers is no good; stealing them out of their department in a breakin is all good. Honestly, the way you phrased it makes it sound like a thinly-disguised ban appeal...

2) The new one? I'm pretty okay with it, in all honesty. It doesn't get rid of any names I'm entirely sad to see go.

3) Need to calm their shit on buttoning. There's such a thing as just letting a round play out.

4) I've never seen so few people pretending to be so many. Implementing IDs was the best change ever. Other than that? I think it's a decent enough place to have.
Vekter wrote:Communication of policy has always been a major issue in /tg/station. People have been banned for vague and sometimes completely un-noted changes in policy, simply because no one was informed we were doing things that way. What will you do to help remedy the situation?

Metagaming bans have been quite common lately, whereas before they were a once-in-a-while thing. Why do you think this is? Better detection, or a spike in activity? What do you think can be done to curb metagaming?

Thoughts on the name policy? What constitutes an unacceptable name?

Do you believe /tg/station should encourage or even (in some major cases) enforce roleplaying?

Being the person who pretty much codified the silicon policy, do you believe it should go through a revision?

Finally, do you believe Asimov should be kept as the default AI laws? Why or why not?

Thanks in advance.
1) YES BAN EVERYONE. More seriously, the same thing here as I did with the Silicon Policy - make it explicit, as elaborate as needed, and available but not usually necessary to read. Keep a changelog, keep an official reference document.
2) People for a long time were 'afraid' in a sense to ban for metagaming because it was seen as the norm. Honestly, I think it's been a shift in detection and both actual punishment of it.
3) Unacceptable names are things that wouldn't reasonably be printed on a person's ID by Nanotrasen because they don't follow format, aren't 'real names,' or are meant to give you an in-game advantage. (Unknown, Floor Tile, Baby Rapist, Adjective Noun, Mononyms). It doesn't hurt your roleplay experience to not have those names. Do something clever like Ham Barton, not stupid like Rapes Babies or Big Dick or Red Leather.
4) Encourage? Absolutely. Enforce? In some cases. Skillsets or the like? No. Have a real name? Yes. You can choose not to roleplay but you can't choose to infringe on other people's roleplay. I may take a slightly heavier stance as time goes on, but for now, that's my view of it. There are many better games for you to play if you want to "win" at something.
5) I haven't had any major concerns since it was made explicit, and if it's not getting called Hitler in its open discussion thread I call it a good sign. I haven't seen a thread about Silicon policy clarification or changes in ages, but people can do those threads or start discussion of that in the official policy thread any time they want.
6) I think it's a good balance between crew and antagonist, but I'd be okay with seeing a change to corporate, which I'd say is more Nanotrasen-appropriate anyway. I'm just concerned about that making insulated gloves even MORE valuable.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #37323

Do you think Heads of Staff positions are generally filled by players too green for the job? Not generally, but you're guaranteed to notice when they are.

Do you have any plan to increase the numbers of Security Officers? Not offhand. I've seen sec pretty stocked. Should I have a plan for it?

Choose one out of each pair:

Murderbone is bad - Everything goes except recalling to extend your rampage

Upload and Secure Tech and EVA (...) should be bolted at roundstart - Bolting powergaming is for faggots who hate fun If it has to be all or nothing, bolting nothing is fundamentally more in line with the purpose of the AI

Minor to Medium severity crimes should always be dealt IC - Repeatedly breaking the law every round is reason enough to ban If it's literally every round and it happens enough to get noticed you're doing something wrong

Subverted silicons should not try to find loopholes in One Human type laws - Exploiting loopholes is always acceptable

Assistants should have maintenance access - Assistants should not have maintenance access

Security players should be allowed to kill people who insist on being problematic - BWOINK

Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do - Roboticists only exist to make cyborgs If you're not going to fulfill cyborgization requests, you shouldn't

Heads of Staff should be allowed to demote their underlings always - Heads of Staff cannot demote without a good reason

Forums should have a board for people to discuss bans and ban requests freely - No "stenography" Singulo is our board if you want to do that.

Rei - Asuka TANPOPO.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #37374

Ikkarus wrote:Not exactly what everyone pictures roleplaying to be, but I am a huge proponent of keeping IC and OOC as separate as possible. For example, I don't like people using OOC justifications to kill people IC.
Stealing this. He said the thing that bothers me... probably the most in /tg/station13 roleplaying... in one sentence.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #37379

You are an admin trainer. What do you find unacceptable behaviour in a trialmin. Do you think any admins may need to be brought back in line with these standards during your potential term?
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #37383

By and large, I don't see a lot of bad behavior from candidates, actually. I rarely see the trialmins or candidates do things that are bad. Why? Because they ask for guidance when I'm around, so their decisions are colored by mine. The one I've been bothered by seeing is http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1722

I haven't dove logs because I can't alter the ban, but
1) The HoS being otherwise punished shouldn't mean he got out of this, where he ruined the guy's round on purpose
2) The sec officer was being obviously nonhelpful, especially if he ever saw the changeling transfer with his armblade out.
3) These people are all going "Let's ruin a nonantag's round for kicks as nonantags

Like what????
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #37507

Can you stop shitting up other people's threads even as an unfunny joke sticky?

http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=4068#p4068

I encourage everyone who even considers taking sticky's post seriously to read this.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #37519

paprika wrote:Can you stop shitting up other people's threads even as an unfunny joke sticky?

http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=4068#p4068

I encourage everyone who even considers taking sticky's post seriously to read this.
I don't see the relevance of this at all. I was unbanned, the borg admitted it was a misunderstanding and it was a very long time ago anyway. Please post this kind of thing in my thread and not other's.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #37539

Stickymayhem wrote:hugepropagandaimage
Stickymayhem wrote:Please post this kind of thing in my thread and not other's.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #37593

Why do you think that other admins (an0n3) view the silicon policy as cluttered and stupid where as yourself and different admins support it?
That might be a hard to understand problem so it boils down to "How come some admins support the silicon policy and others think it's shit? If there haven't been any silicon problems lately and the policy has proven effective, what do you say to those admins who still think it's shit?
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #37595

What is your opinion on the Asimov lawset? Are the roleplaying scenarios it causes for the better or worse?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #37640

NikNakFlak wrote:Why do you think that other admins (an0n3) view the silicon policy as cluttered and stupid where as yourself and different admins support it?
That might be a hard to understand problem so it boils down to "How come some admins support the silicon policy and others think it's shit? If there haven't been any silicon problems lately and the policy has proven effective, what do you say to those admins who still think it's shit?
I'm pretty sure he hasn't actually read the codification of it. I maintain that it's 95% making explicit the common sense conclusions that almost every player reached. The ones who think it's shit haven't read it. It's that simple. None of them go "I take issue with this clause."

I will admit -- there are a very small number of unintuitive things that only make sense if you have a lot of experience with the English language and a fair amount of formal logic training, but I've done my best to enumerate those for the sake of people without those studies. You shouldn't all need to be able to write papers on the relation between Syntatic and Semantic truths and the Completeness theorem and that shit.
Ricotez wrote:What is your opinion on the Asimov lawset? Are the roleplaying scenarios it causes for the better or worse?
For the better or worse than what? No lawset? Corporate? Paladin? No AI?

It's a lawset that has flaws built in for a reason, but those flaws are meant to be our advantages. It's able to be abused, it SHOULD be even-handed between antags and nonantags, and so on. But people play it, or expect it to be played like, something other than what it is, thus the problems. Is Asimov perfect?
[laughing_everyone.gif]

No but seriously at least it isn't brokenly unusable. It just needs supporting policies because otherwise a small number of people will grief or play to win as much as possible with it because it's technically lawful of them. Corporate would need as many, I don't doubt. The famous cases are things like Engineers being arrested or killed for wiring solars (The wire is expensive to replace) or the AI/borgs going full murder mode because walking on the floors wears down the tiles.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #38264

I've got a question:

If you were not running this election, who would you vote for and why?
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Deirun
Byond Username: Deirun

Post by Deirun » #38320

I will steal the question peoplearestrange has asked other candidates:
Why do you want to be a headadmin?
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #38383

Votes:
Ikarrus: For representing what I want better than I do fairly often.
Hornygranny: For being chronically right about things, in general.

Deirun: Because someone has to be a Headmin and enforce, to some degree, the accountability of admins to the same rules they nominally enforce. Because I want someone I trust to enforce the rules that people should all, admin or player, answer to, and SubtleGraces, Neerti, and Antonkr all dropped out.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #38425

If someone was being a shit and going out their way to antagonise a department; be that tabling off security, making a slip trap outside medbay, fucking with the powernet; and someone from that department jammed a screwdriver in their eye sockets and tossed them into space - what would you do?

Venison or Lobster?

What's your opinion on the segregation of admins, coders, players?

Would you bring back the players voice, aka the peanut gallery. Would this be the old unrestricted format, or would you have a caveat that people who only jump in to defend their friends, or spout memeisms, or just generally post unconstructive antagonistic for the sake of being antagonistic - would have their fnr privs revoked?

What's your honest opinion of how tg station has changed from 2011 to today

How old are you in real life?
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #38502

1) Depends on if they were ahelped. If they were, probably get their story, ask the dude who got dunked what he was thinking, and if he can't provide any good IC reason for what he did I'd very strongly consider banning the guy who goes "HURR HURR LET'S ACT LIKE AN ANTAG WITHOUT ANTAG STATUS." If they weren't ahelped, I'll probably ignore it as such.

2) Real food

3) OH WHOOPS INTI POINTED OUT I MISSED THIS ONE. The problem is coders and admins sometimes forget what it's like to play, non-coders don't know how the code and BYOND work, and non-admins don't know what adminning can be like, what investigation entails, etc. In all honesty, people just need to communicate more openly and clearly without becoming hostile or aggressive.

4) It exists in singulo.io anyway.

5) I can only say for since 2012ish? Despite the massive strides in amount of content, quality of content, quality of code, adminning, amount of logging, and even, I would say, quality of playing in many ways as well as quality of our config options (removal or traitor sec), the general playerbase is less ambitious and creative about their antagonizing. Even with more ways to do things, more options, and so on than ever before, antags rarely do anything that really blows me away with how creative and clever it is. Even with the day of parapen-C4 behind us, people just seem hesitant to go for really out-there kinds of unexpected awesomeness. Other than that? I'm pretty amazed by how much work the game has had put into it and how much it shows it. Like, 90-person Sibyl with no lag? Holy shit.

6) 23
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #38508

Good luck chocolate waifu