HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [Hornygranny]

Resolved.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [Hornygranny]

Post by Hornygranny » #37232

If there's anything you want to know, this is your chance.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Re: HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [Hornygranny]

Post by Cipher3 » #37241

How would you describe your attitude toward the playerbase?
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #37246

Communication of policy has always been a major issue in /tg/station. People have been banned for vague and sometimes completely un-noted changes in policy, simply because no one was informed we were doing things that way. What will you do to help remedy the situation?

Metagaming bans have been quite common lately, whereas before they were a once-in-a-while thing. Why do you think this is? Better detection, or a spike in activity? What do you think can be done to curb metagaming?

Thoughts on the name policy? What constitutes an unacceptable name?

Do you believe /tg/station should encourage or even (in some major cases) enforce roleplaying?

Finally, do you believe Asimov should be kept as the default AI laws? Why or why not?

Thanks in advance.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #37253

Cipher3 wrote:How would you describe your attitude toward the playerbase?
There's a small minority of players who like to complain a lot outside the game about the way things are done, and also rarely play the game. I have zero respect for them.
Vekter wrote:Communication of policy has always been a major issue in /tg/station. People have been banned for vague and sometimes completely un-noted changes in policy, simply because no one was informed we were doing things that way. What will you do to help remedy the situation?
I don't think this is true, and would like you to cite your sources.
Metagaming bans have been quite common lately, whereas before they were a once-in-a-while thing. Why do you think this is? Better detection, or a spike in activity? What do you think can be done to curb metagaming?
The playerbase has gotten pretty vigilant at detecting when people are cheating. A lot of bans are started by tipoffs from observing players. We also have a larger active admin staff, which gives us better coverage while observing.
Thoughts on the name policy? What constitutes an unacceptable name?
I think it's fine. Even things like Ayla Mao and Duke Prince King are acceptable under the policy, for something to be disallowed it has to not be a name even in the most generous definition.
Do you believe /tg/station should encourage or even (in some major cases) enforce roleplaying?
Can you be more specific? I'd like to think we already do this.
Finally, do you believe Asimov should be kept as the default AI laws? Why or why not?
Yes. Its flaws are well known at this point, but no other lawset addresses the extreme capability of the AI to validhunt antagonists.
Thanks in advance.[/quote]
UtterNewbie

Post by UtterNewbie » #37258

Do you think using your departments tools to do your job ingame constitutes powergaming?

What do you think of the newest admins and trialmins in relation to their admining and behavior?

How do you feel about singulo.io?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #37263

I don't think this is true, and would like you to cite your sources.
I distinctly recall at least one situation where there have been arguments in FNR threads because multiple admins couldn't agree on whether or not a policy had been changed. I don't have any specific examples at hand right now. I'll try to find one for you.
Can you be more specific? I'd like to think we already do this.
We do to a degree. There's been a good bit of discussion regarding whether or not to hardcore enforce it, like Bay does. I was curious as to your input on the matter.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #37265

UtterNewbie wrote:Do you think using your departments tools to do your job ingame constitutes powergaming?
This question is pointlessly loaded.
UtterNewbie wrote:What do you think of the newest admins and trialmins in relation to their admining and behavior?
They've done a good job.
UtterNewbie wrote:How do you feel about singulo.io?
I get a laugh out of it, especially when I can tell who is whining.
Vekter wrote:We do to a degree. There's been a good bit of discussion regarding whether or not to hardcore enforce it, like Bay does. I was curious as to your input on the matter.
I'm not a fan of enforcing roleplay to the point where people get banned because they shouldn't know how do to something.
UtterNewbie

Post by UtterNewbie » #37267

Why did you lock your own feedback thread when now you're running for community headmin, the very community you locked out of giving you feedback?
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #37273

UtterNewbie wrote:Why did you lock your own feedback thread when now you're running for community headmin, the very community you locked out of giving you feedback?
Because after 4 pages I found the feedback completely useless, and it was mostly regarding things unrelated to the game. I don't consider the forum a good representation of the community, either.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #37278

Hornygranny wrote:I don't consider the forum a good representation of the community, either.
What would you do to rectify this, if you could? If elected, would you retain presence on the forum, despite your lack of faith in its userbase?
Spoiler:

highlow

Post by highlow » #37279

How do you feel about the imageboard?
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #37280

Vekter wrote:What would you do to rectify this, if you could? If elected, would you retain presence on the forum, despite your lack of faith in its userbase?
'
Harsher punishments. Currently people are rarely punished when their posts are deleted.
highlow wrote:How do you feel about the imageboard?
I answered this above.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #37298

Do you think Heads of Staff positions are generally filled by players too green for the job?

Do you have any plan to increase the numbers of Security Officers?

Choose one out of each pair:

Murderbone is bad - Everything goes

Upload and Secure Tech and EVA (...) should be bolted at roundstart - Bolting powergaming is for faggots who hate fun

Minor to Medium severity crimes should always be dealt IC - Repeatedly breaking the law every round is reason enough to ban

Subverted silicons should not try to find loopholes in One Human type laws - Exploiting loopholes is always acceptable

Assistants should have maintenance access - Assistants should not have maintenance access

Security players should be allowed to kill people who insist on being problematic - BWOINK

Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do - Roboticists only exist to make cyborgs

Heads of Staff should be allowed to demote their underlings always - Heads of Staff cannot demote without a good reason

Forums should have a board for people to discuss bans and ban requests freely - No "stenography"

Rei - Asuka

Sorry if there is anything you feel you've already answered.
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #37306

Scott wrote:Do you think Heads of Staff positions are generally filled by players too green for the job?
I think Captain, HoP and HoS are generally avoided more by experienced players because they can be very tedious.
Scott wrote:Do you have any plan to increase the numbers of Security Officers?
I hope to increase the number of all jobs in my time as project lead.
Scott wrote:Choose one out of each pair:

Murderbone is bad - Everything goes
I'm not in favor of any restrictions on behavior by antagonists. Dealing with what is an isn't an IC issue is enough work for us, we don't need to try and figure out if every traitor kill was logical.
Scott wrote:Upload and Secure Tech and EVA (...) should be bolted at roundstart - Bolting powergaming is for faggots who hate fun
There's no reason to bolt EVA. Secure tech storage and the AI upload are another story.
Scott wrote:Minor to Medium severity crimes should always be dealt IC - Repeatedly breaking the law every round is reason enough to ban
Crimes that are a detriment to the round of another player are not always going to be IC.
Scott wrote:Subverted silicons should not try to find loopholes in One Human type laws - Exploiting loopholes is always acceptable
The latter. Uploader beware.
Scott wrote:Assistants should have maintenance access - Assistants should not have maintenance access
No assistant maint.
Scott wrote:Security players should be allowed to kill people who insist on being problematic - BWOINK
Problematic is a vague term. I think the rules in place are fine.
Scott wrote:Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do - Roboticists only exist to make cyborgs
The former.
Scott wrote:Heads of Staff should be allowed to demote their underlings always - Heads of Staff cannot demote without a good reason
The latter.
Scott wrote:Forums should have a board for people to discuss bans and ban requests freely - No "stenography"
The latter.
Scott wrote:Rei - Asuka
reidick.jpg
Perakp
Byond Username: Perakp

Post by Perakp » #37376

Can you imagine a situation where being both Project lead and Headmin would be too much responsibility for one person to handle or simply too time consuming? In such a situation, what would you do (eg. which role to drop first)?

If you were to have one pet project, secret agenda or an achievement to unlock, what would it be? Why do you want to be a headmin?
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #37382

I am unsure this election is even relevant to progress on your forums or image board based policies. You are already a forums administrator and this election isn't for command authority over the forum as a whole or singulo.
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #37496

Perakp wrote:Can you imagine a situation where being both Project lead and Headmin would be too much responsibility for one person to handle or simply too time consuming? In such a situation, what would you do (eg. which role to drop first)?

If you were to have one pet project, secret agenda or an achievement to unlock, what would it be? Why do you want to be a headmin?
I can't claim to know how much work being a headmin is, but from my position it doesn't appear to be a huge demand on time. If it did turn out to be an impossible situation, I would bow out as headmin, having more recently been elected.

If there was one thing I could try no matter the reaction, it would be putting random ghosts in cloned bodies rather than the original player, and making borgs lose their memory when created (the MMI would wake up when removed). Death is not scary enough.
Incomptinence wrote:I am unsure this election is even relevant to progress on your forums or image board based policies. You are already a forums administrator and this election isn't for command authority over the forum as a whole or singulo.
Right you are.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #37510

I will likely be voting for HG as headmin to see what such responsibility over the codebase and the adminbus will do to a man.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #37530

Implying Coderbus won't elect HG anyways.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #37612

Cipher3 wrote:Implying Coderbus won't elect HG anyways.
^Why give the codebase two admin choices?

For that matter, are maintainers or whoever is in the coder vote barred from voting in the player vote as admins presumably are?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #37691

Pandarsenic wrote:For that matter, are maintainers or whoever is in the coder vote barred from voting in the player vote as admins presumably are?
This question has been answered elsewhere. In a nutshell: No one is barred from player vote, it's up to the admins and coders who they allow to vote in their votes.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #37693

How would you handle legitimate admin complaints? As in where an admin has actually screwed up.

How confident are you in the current admin team?

What is your stance on server 2?
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #37698

Antonkr wrote:How would you handle legitimate admin complaints? As in where an admin has actually screwed up.
It depends on the incident. I think repeat offenses in this category make it pretty clear someone might not be cut from the right cloth to be an admin. Malicious acts like making yourself a changeling to murderbone are also bad enough for instant demotion, permanent or not.
Antonkr wrote:How confident are you in the current admin team?
I think in the last year we've mostly done a good job, especially given the nasty splits that have gone down.
Antonkr wrote:What is your stance on server 2?
There needs to be a reason for a second server to exist beyond a different map, whether that's population caps on the first or something else entirely.
Rockdtben
Site Admin
Byond Username: Rockdtben
Github Username: Rockdtben

Post by Rockdtben » #37705

Who would make a better admin? Hilter, Stalin, Obama. Why?
Custom Software Solutions, Mentorship, and game development ----> Main Site
Game Master: 03/24/2022 - Now || Domain Holder: 04/15/2014 - 03/24/2022 || Code Project Lead: 02/01/2014 - 10/07/2014 || G-Admin: 12/29/2013 - 04/04/2015 || T-Admin: 3/29/2013 - 12/29/2013 || Codermin: ? - 3/29/2013 || Started Playing: 6/13/2006 || "Took no shit from shitters" - MrStonedOne
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #37706

Rockdtben wrote:Who would make a better admin? Hilter, Stalin, Obama. Why?
Hitler or Stalin. They are dead so they would maintain status quo. Obama is alive and I don't trust him to learn about spacemans without fucking it up somehow.
Rockdtben
Site Admin

Post by Rockdtben » #37707

Should admins be able to ERP?
Game Master: 03/24/2022 - Now || Domain Holder: 04/15/2014 - 03/24/2022 || Code Project Lead: 02/01/2014 - 10/07/2014 || G-Admin: 12/29/2013 - 04/04/2015 || T-Admin: 3/29/2013 - 12/29/2013 || Codermin: ? - 3/29/2013 || Started Playing: 6/13/2006 || "Took no shit from shitters" - MrStonedOne
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #37708

Rockdtben wrote:Should admins be able to ERP?
No.
Rockdtben
Site Admin

Post by Rockdtben » #37709

Do you prefer to have your admins correct each other when an issue happens or do you prefer having someone report an issue to you anonymously?
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #37717

Rockdtben wrote:Do you prefer to have your admins correct each other when an issue happens or do you prefer having someone report an issue to you anonymously?
I'm fine with admins correcting each other as long as they don't try to do some John Wayne banning on each other.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #37901

1) How do you see yourself balancing your commitments to the coding project, as headcoder and to the server as a head administrator.

2) Do you feel your unique position will be a benefit in healing the rift between player and coder?

3) Do you feel your dual role would be an accretion of too much power within a single persons grasp, if no, how do you intend to ensure that it remains that way?
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #37923

oranges wrote:1) How do you see yourself balancing your commitments to the coding project, as headcoder and to the server as a head administrator.
The admin team does a phenomenal job of minimizing the workload of the current headmin. Situations in which I'd actually be required to do something would most certainly be rare enough not to overburden me.
oranges wrote:2) Do you feel your unique position will be a benefit in healing the rift between player and coder?
I don't think it would hurt, since a lot of my contributions are gameplay-oriented. I think for some people disliking the coders is a matter of ideology and nothing else.
oranges wrote:3) Do you feel your dual role would be an accretion of too much power within a single persons grasp, if no, how do you intend to ensure that it remains that way?
No. As a project lead I don't operate in a vacuum, I work with Cheridan and the maintainers. The same would be true of the new Triumvirate and the rest of the admin team.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #37924

What is your opinion on community meetings on ts3 or other methods? Useful? Waste of time?
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #37927

Antonkr wrote:What is your opinion on community meetings on ts3 or other methods? Useful? Waste of time?
I think it's misleading to call them community meetings. The community is very large, and forum posters are a small part of that group. It's a good way to understand the feelings of those present, but that doesn't represent anything beyond the attendees.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #38181

What's your take on security/shitcurity, incompetence may not be a ban worthy offense but do you believe security should be exempt from this.
Instead of listening to what the "guilty party" has to say, bed cuffing no timer while a small bit later then add the timer, multiple crew members during the round IC complains about a single individual officer. Examples like this.
Spoiler:
would you wait for a Admin Help or be proactive and warn the lil bastard, speaking of which how much attention do you even pay towards security?
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #38200

srifenbyxp wrote:What's your take on security/shitcurity, incompetence may not be a ban worthy offense but do you believe security should be exempt from this.
Instead of listening to what the "guilty party" has to say, bed cuffing no timer while a small bit later then add the timer, multiple crew members during the round IC complains about a single individual officer. Examples like this.
Spoiler:
would you wait for a Admin Help or be proactive and warn the lil bastard, speaking of which how much attention do you even pay towards security?
They are exempt (as are silicons) if they end up violating the policy dedicated to their job. If they don't do that, then it's a rule 1 issue. We generally don't babysit any area of the station unless we notice something egregious ourselves, or someone complains in adminhelp/deadchat.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #38201

Incomptinence wrote:I am unsure this election is even relevant to progress on your forums or image board based policies. You are already a forums administrator and this election isn't for command authority over the forum as a whole or singulo.
This election is for the community-appointed headmin, correct? If HG really feels that the playerbase is shit then why should the playerbase vote for him? Someone with such little faith in the playerbase has no business being part of the community's headmin elections.

I do not agree with his methods when it comes to running a forum. Making him a headmin would just give HG more freedom to enforce stricter rules. Other than that he is a kewl dude, i guess.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #38262

I've got a question:

If you were not running this election, who would you vote for and why?
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #38280

1: What is your opinion of how Security is operating at this time, for better or worse.

2: Do you think there is anywhere Security needs to change policy wise, or is the current policy adequate.

3: Finally, in a ideal world how would you want to see Security operate in relation to the crew and antagonists.

Personal question: Even though I feel at times Hornygranny can act detached from people, and may not always be approachable, however HG does seem to make good calls most of the time.

However, my biggest concern however is not his administration style, its HG's coderbus ties. While not a problem by itself it does lend a concern that coderbus could possibly get two headmins representatives depending on how the vote goes. What is your opinion, if any, on this HG?
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #38296

Ikarrus wrote:If you were not running this election, who would you vote for and why?
You or Pandarsenic.
Steelpoint wrote:1: What is your opinion of how Security is operating at this time, for better or worse.
Security is eternally understaffed, but I think their conduct is pretty good in general.
Steelpoint wrote:2: Do you think there is anywhere Security needs to change policy wise, or is the current policy adequate.
I'd be willing to try letting them kill active murderboners (not regular antagonists) for a week and see how it goes. A lot of people feel stifled by the requirement to bring people in alive unless it's just not possible.
Steelpoint wrote:3: Finally, in a ideal world how would you want to see Security operate in relation to the crew and antagonists.
I think they do a good job with the crew now. See above for antagonists.
Steelpoint wrote:However, my biggest concern however is not his administration style, its HG's coderbus ties. While not a problem by itself it does lend a concern that coderbus could possibly get two headmins representatives depending on how the vote goes. What is your opinion, if any, on this HG?
I don't think it's any reason to be concerned. I'd like to think we've made the game better this year, and there's no secret plan to change all the rules.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #38427

If someone was being a shit and going out their way to antagonise a department; be that tabling off security, making a slip trap outside medbay, fucking with the powernet; and someone from that department jammed a screwdriver in their eye sockets and tossed them into space - what would you do?

Venison or Lobster?

What's your opinion on the segregation of admins, coders, players?

Would you bring back the players voice, aka the peanut gallery. Would this be the old unrestricted format, or would you have a caveat that people who only jump in to defend their friends, or spout memeisms, or just generally post unconstructive antagonistic for the sake of being antagonistic - would have their fnr privs revoked?

What's your honest opinion of how tg station has changed from 2011 to today

How old are you in real life?
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #38467

Malkevin wrote:If someone was being a shit and going out their way to antagonise a department; be that tabling off security, making a slip trap outside medbay, fucking with the powernet; and someone from that department jammed a screwdriver in their eye sockets and tossed them into space - what would you do?
It depends on the department and the severity of their misbehavior. Security isn't allowed to just kill and space people, for example.
Malkevin wrote:Venison or Lobster?
Lobster. Venison is too gamey.
Malkevin wrote:What's your opinion on the segregation of admins, coders, players?
The tgstation13 project existing as a separate entity from the server is good for the purity of development. I think the segregation of admins and players is somewhat imagined, we are very approachable on the server.
Malkevin wrote:Would you bring back the players voice, aka the peanut gallery. Would this be the old unrestricted format, or would you have a caveat that people who only jump in to defend their friends, or spout memeisms, or just generally post unconstructive antagonistic for the sake of being antagonistic - would have their fnr privs revoked?
No. We discussed this in #adminbus and we unable to find a single instance in which somebody provided some kind of insight the admins had overlooked.
Malkevin wrote:What's your honest opinion of how tg station has changed from 2011 to today
I've been playing here since 2010. The standards for code, admin conduct, and player conduct have all reached very high levels. I certainly won't deny that there was fun in the mindless DMing common in the past, but what we've created is a much more sustainable game with longevity beyond ROBUST COMBAT.
Malkevin wrote:How old are you in real life?