HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [Bluespace]

Resolved.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [Bluespace]

Post by Bluespace » #37307

"Politics isn't only about government. Politics is about the people. - Young Jeezy"

Hi, i'm Bluespace. A lot of you are going to be surprised to see me here. So i'm going to damn well justify why i've taken steps to do so. Let's start with who I am.
I'm Bluespace, british, 20 years of age and greatly interested in the study of the brain and society. Hoping to go to university for it, infact. I found SS13 on another site and eventually came to /tg/station when the promises of decent roleplay won me over, and i've never looked back. My time here has been varied, i've had absolutely wonderful times and other times that big metal deathtrap has caused me a headache.

As many of you will remember, I rose through the ranks and eventually settled as GameAdmin, a position I truly enjoyed and loved filling. I have always had a keen interest in helping people, and in a game where so little can be such a big thing, being able to push a few buttons and make someone's day was brilliant. I remember I would put some relaxing music on, load up both Sybil and Basil, and answer every a-help that came in. It was not uncommon for me to handle 80 players on Sybil, 30 on Basil, by myself. I enjoyed it.

Time progressed, I made mistakes, I will admit, and after a brief flash of drama, I found myself a player again. Put simply, I tried too hard. I tried to please everyone including those who you just can't. It was a bitter lesson I had to learn, but I understood how it'd happened. The past quietly slipped away and I fell under the radar, no longer living up to the hype I used to surround myself in.
So why am I here? Because I care. Why did I spend my nights answering adminhelps? Because I care. Why did I painstakingly craft and maintain unique events, often with prizes? Because I care.
I truly believe when you come here, you shouldn't have to worry about being bwoinked, you shouldn't have to worry about half-hidden policy, you shouldn't have to worry about a greytider spacing all your gear because you wouldn't give him his flash.

I godamn care. Every player, and that includes admins, are here to have a good time, and that's what i'll be focusing on. If you have a problem, you come to me, and I swear upon all that is holy i'm going to try my best to fix that for you. Not because of the position, but because I want to. Not as a chore, but for that fuzzy feeling that we as humans get when we help people. To hear a "thanks, I appreciate it.", knowing i've done a good deed.

It's all well and good saying that, but I think as a whole, you, the voters, will be more interested in what I actually intend to do. I've given this thought, and of course, community feedback would play a large factor in decisions I make, (That is to say, the admins, the forums, and the playerbase that exists solely on the servers), and I'm confident in my ability to provide what I promise. Without further ado...
  • A simplification of policy. Nobody wants to read and absorb 400 lines of policy that covers every single situation. Many admins have made brilliant strides in this already, but I know we can make improvements. We should be able to deliver a bite-sized package of rules and policy to an average player, not an obscure wiki page that will be scanned and discarded.

Admin briefings and reviews. "Who watches the watchers?" We all have a duty to. Admins make mistakes, it's learning from those mistakes that's important. Communication in Adminbus internally will be monitored and greatly improved upon. No more inconsistent admin bannings, no more admins unsure on the right judgement call to make. We sit, we discuss, every week. Fostering an open environment in which it's not intimidating to offer advice to someone is a very high priority to me, and I'm determined to ensure that happens.

Be available. This one's a biggie. Let's face it, headmins have gone AWOL in the past. It's lead to problems that multipled over time. Headmins need to work together to accomplish anything, and if nobody can get ahold of you, that's simply not going to happen. I personally believe headmins have a duty to be there for players, too. If someone takes their time, their effort, to come to you with a problem and say "I need help fixing this.", they should be treated with respect, taken seriously, and in the case of sensitive opinions, they should be handled with discretion and the confidence expected.

Bridge the communication gaps and bring us together as a community.Nearly anybody who visits the forums will be able to tell there's an air of "Us Vs Them" around the playerbase and coderbus. This does nothing but drive a wedge in a community that should be celebrating the unique and enjoyable experience of a game as diverse as SS13. If I told you I have solid plans for this, I wouldn't be being truthful. This will take work, but that's okay, because the end result is worth it. An open community in which people don't feel "oppressed" or discriminated against for being a part of a certain group.
I have many more ideas, but these are a few of my strongest points I wanted to share with you.
"Let's say I vote for you, what can I expect as a player/admin?"

As a player... I am the person who fights your corner. I am the person who takes you seriously when you feel like a fool yourself. I am the person who's been in your position, on both sides. When you vote for me, you're voting for someone who'll always be a player at heart, someone who will be there right alongside you. I could be your RD, your medical doctor, your captain or that security officer who doesn't stripsearch you in the hallways. In-game or out, the entire reason i'll be in the position of headmin will be because I value you as a player and a person. Not just as the playerbase, but as a person with a life behind a character, with thoughts, opinions, and the right to a say.

As an admin... You are the volunteer who spends his/her time to sort the wheat from the chaff. You are the person who puts in your free time and expects nothing in return. You are the person with all the buttons and a responsibility. Each and every one of you deserves a voice, an opportunity to be recognised for your hard work, and someone who respects you for what you do and who you are. You bring something to adminbus, maybe you're the admin who captures the imagination and wonder of players with roleplay events, or the admin combing through logs hour after hour to ensure no players are at a disadvantage to another. Maybe you're the admin that needs a little help, a push in the right direction. Maybe you're the admin that has great ideas and no way to broadcast them. You all bring something, it's time you're recognised for what you bring.
Questions. Answers. Statements.

"You just want headmin for the power."
I want headmin because i'm passionate about this community, this amazing game, the amazing people that play it and the amazing situations we find ourselves in each and every day because of it. I will gladly decline any in-game power offered to me because being able to change things where they matter is enough for me.

You've been the subject of controversy, will this affect you during this?
Most definitely, and i'm hoping the good side of it will come to light. I have been on both sides of the "playerbase", I have been both an admin and a player with an admin's perspective, it's a very unique situation I find myself in, and i'll draw any positives from it I can.

More to come pending posts below.
I hope you've enjoyed reading this, I throughly urge you to leave comments and questions below.
I leave you with something I find everyone could benefit from listening to, and some final words.
When the time comes, don't vote for the popular one. Don't vote for your friend. Don't vote for the frontrunner. Vote for the person you believe can make the change to eliminate the problems we face. To lead you into a new age and combat the problems they'll face head-on. To make the judgement calls and accept the consequences with their head held high. Vote for the one who's really there for you.

[youtube]ygH9VcV7IBg[/youtube]
I play Boris Pepper.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [Bluespace]

Post by paprika » #37312

Your track record is far too dodgy for me to put any faith into these pretty words and walls of text. You make some good points but it's stuff the other candidates have said and it's also pretty common knowledge. I'd respect you more if you didn't try a hamfisted appeal to the playerbase saying 'you're on their side' like intigracy did and instead made a concerted effort to instead clean up the adminbus and the policies. Not all players are created equal considering a lot of them are griefer shitlords. You have a history of this too, so how do we know your promise to 'fight along side players' isn't just a promise to make the process of banning idiots more tedious and annoying for admins? I'd really just like for you to recognize that SS13 is a very, VERY grief-happy game with lots of opportunities to shit on other people's rounds as a non-antag and to acknowledge that a lot of this intentional griefing isn't a 'slip up' and much more likely shit that shouldn't be tolerated. Okay, there's jokes, and then there's just being an asshole to make everyone else's round shitty because you can get away with it. This is what I'm afraid of with you, so much 'appealing to the playerbase' and being so far detached from the actual administration that you don't even know right from wrong.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #37315

You got deadminned (I don't know the reason byond you fucked up somehow) and soon after you pulled a magnificent stunt that broke rules that you were aware of and got banned. I don't know how I feel about you becoming an admin again (so soon), let alone a headmin, but I'll give you the same questions I gave the others.

I don't dislike you, by the way.

--

Do you think Heads of Staff positions are generally filled by players too green for the job?

Do you have any plan to increase the numbers of Security Officers?

Choose one out of each pair:

Murderbone is bad - Everything goes

Upload and Secure Tech and EVA (...) should be bolted at roundstart - Bolting powergaming is for faggots who hate fun

Minor to Medium severity crimes should always be dealt IC - Repeatedly breaking the law every round is reason enough to ban

Subverted silicons should not try to find loopholes in One Human type laws - Exploiting loopholes is always acceptable

Assistants should have maintenance access - Assistants should not have maintenance access

Security players should be allowed to kill people who insist on being problematic - BWOINK

Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do - Roboticists only exist to make cyborgs

Heads of Staff should be allowed to demote their underlings always - Heads of Staff cannot demote without a good reason

Forums should have a board for people to discuss bans and ban requests freely - No "stenography"

Rei - Asuka
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #37319

paprika wrote:Your track record is far too dodgy for me to put any faith into these pretty words and walls of text. You make some good points but it's stuff the other candidates have said and it's also pretty common knowledge. I'd respect you more if you didn't try a hamfisted appeal to the playerbase saying 'you're on their side' like intigracy did and instead made a concerted effort to instead clean up the adminbus and the policies. Not all players are created equal considering a lot of them are griefer shitlords. You have a history of this too, so how do we know your promise to 'fight along side players' isn't just a promise to make the process of banning idiots more tedious and annoying for admins? I'd really just like for you to recognize that SS13 is a very, VERY grief-happy game with lots of opportunities to shit on other people's rounds as a non-antag and to acknowledge that a lot of this intentional griefing isn't a 'slip up' and much more likely shit that shouldn't be tolerated. Okay, there's jokes, and then there's just being an asshole to make everyone else's round shitty because you can get away with it. This is what I'm afraid of with you, so much 'appealing to the playerbase' and being so far detached from the actual administration that you don't even know right from wrong.
You raise some very valid points yourself.
You're right, my record is dodgy, i'm by no means a perfect player and hopefully I give no illusions I claim to be. I still feel it's incredibly important to present to players what I intend to do for them, rather than simply say "Yeah players are cool and stuff.", as without players, we don't have a /tg/station.
Adminbus will most definitely be looked at. More for it's qualities and the reorganisation that I feel needs to take place. I'd want every admin's opinion on this, myself.
I do want to pick up on you saying "banning idiots". This right here is a problem. We have people in the community who mess with other players simply because they can. But why? Are they bored? Do we not provide enough regulation in certain aspects and they feel they've lost faith? Or are they simply here to exploit the easily griefable nature of the game? Something worth looking into.
I feel a good way to answer this in general is to bring up my point about admin meetings. If names are being circulated, people here to grief aren't going to be here more than a week at the very most, at best, they won't be here for more than a few minutes. No more greytiding slipping under the radar.
I play Boris Pepper.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #37324

Scott wrote:You got deadminned (I don't know the reason byond you fucked up somehow) and soon after you pulled a magnificent stunt that broke rules that you were aware of and got banned. I don't know how I feel about you becoming an admin again (so soon), let alone a headmin, but I'll give you the same questions I gave the others.
I posted an admin vote on Singulo and then lied to HBL about it. It was a silly decision with misinformed intentions.
Do you think Heads of Staff positions are generally filled by players too green for the job?
Short answer - No.
Head of Staff positions provide, in my experience, wonderful opportunities to roleplay. You find yourself interacting with others more and the departments you oversee are more often than not completely competent to run themselves.
An exception would be the head of security. You /do/ need some experience to perform well and co-ordinate your officers as a HoS.
Do you have any plan to increase the numbers of Security Officers?
The HoP is already able to do this via his console, or any ID console.
I think the security officer cap is fine as is right now, they have the tools to negate a disadvantage of numbers.
Murderbone is bad - Everything goes
I believe murderboning IS bad, it's not very fun to be taken out of the round completely, it doesn't make much sense in roleplay and it can be very frustrating to the player.
That said, i'm not one for imposing restrictions on antagonists.
Upload and Secure Tech and EVA (...) should be bolted at roundstart - Bolting powergaming is for faggots who hate fun
The AI has every right to bolt the upload and a few choice areas such as secure tech when the report comes in.
EVA is not a secure area.
Minor to Medium severity crimes should always be dealt IC - Repeatedly breaking the law every round is reason enough to ban
Patterns of law-breaking behavior should be observed.
Someone destroying medbay's windows every round for no reason as a non-antag should be questioned and possibly sanctioned.
Crimes committed should look to have a loose roleplay reason behind them.
Subverted silicons should not try to find loopholes in One Human type laws - Exploiting loopholes is always acceptable
Loopholes can be fun and rewarding. Emergent gameplay ahoy.
Assistants should have maintenance access - Assistants should not have maintenance access
I'm all for creating stealth areas in maint. Also provides more work for the HoP. No maint.
Security players should be allowed to kill people who insist on being problematic - BWOINK
Kill? Not the best way to deal with it.
Gulag forever? Free minerals, free "Forgot about them" camp.
Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do - Roboticists only exist to make cyborgs
First option. Medibots are great.
Heads of Staff should be allowed to demote their underlings always - Heads of Staff cannot demote without a good reason
A backing should be required. "Didn't do exactly what I said." isn't a good backing.
Forums should have a board for people to discuss bans and ban requests freely - No "stenography"
I'd love people to be able to discuss bans, but the amount of positive response you get is limited, and often results in arguments. Better kept to Singulo.
Rei - Asuka
I don't anime, sorry. :(
I play Boris Pepper.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #37357

Just to clarify, I meant increase the number of Security players per round, not the job slots.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #37358

What are your thoughts on the current Silicon Policy? Should it stay? Be changed? Dropped?

What is your opinion on the proposal to ban antags who murderboner?
/vg/station Head Admin
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #37389

Before I ask my main question I want to ask you a unique question first.

You would oft bemone how the servers attitudes between antag are crew have fallen a month or so ago (I think you were still a admin), crew powergaming and killing antags were on the top of your list. While I might understand that position, imagine my surprise when one day I find you participating in the very same behaviour you are so overtly condemning, using a stun prod on a antag (as a assistant), beating him to death and then spacing him from arrivals.

You talk the talk, but from what I've seen you don't walk the walk. Why should people vote for someone who says one thing and does the other?

---

My main questions:

1: What is your opinion of how Security is operating at this time, for better or worse.

2: Do you think there is anywhere Security needs to change policy wise, or is the current policy adequate.

3: Finally, in a ideal world how would you want to see Security operate in relation to the crew and antagonists.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #37395

mrpain wrote:What are your thoughts on the current Silicon Policy? Should it stay? Be changed? Dropped?

What is your opinion on the proposal to ban antags who murderboner?
Silicon policy right now has been hashed out fairly well by Panda. In it's current form, it is an alright resource for admins to use.
However, for players, it's neither easy to learn nor easy to refer to. It needs to be broken down and simplified.
I also think Asimov needs to go and we need to put a more practical lawset into play.

As mentioned above, i'm against restricting antags as it leads to a slippery slope in which we begin to wonder what is and isn't allowed as an antagonist.
I play Boris Pepper.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #37397

Steelpoint wrote:Before I ask my main question I want to ask you a unique question first.

You would oft bemone how the servers attitudes between antag are crew have fallen a month or so ago (I think you were still a admin), crew powergaming and killing antags were on the top of your list. While I might understand that position, imagine my surprise when one day I find you participating in the very same behaviour you are so overtly condemning, using a stun prod on a antag (as a assistant), beating him to death and then spacing him from arrivals.
Believe it or not, I think I myself was an antagonist at the time.
Making a stunprod as any sort of non-security member at roundstart is not kosher. There's no roleplay backing for you to start arming yourself and the only explanation is wanting to get yourself ahead in terms of battling antags.
Part of the game is being put in difficult situations where you find yourself outmatched and outgunned, it's how you deal with that as a crew that leads to interesting scenarios.
An assistant stunprodding and cablecuffing all the nuke ops isn't fun for anyone involved.

Still, I will lend some credit to your words, as Boris Pepper i've most definitely powergamed at points. The persona I built for Boris is a space asshole who will do anything to get his way and is happy to step on the little people to get to where he wants to get. I feel quite a few people mistook my IC persona for my OOC attitude, and as such, Boris was removed along with all his reputation, in the hopes of people seeing this isn't the case.
1: What is your opinion of how Security is operating at this time, for better or worse.
Honestly, i've seen a lot of really good security officers as of late, and I really think they should be rewarded for their fair treatment and good judgement when dealing with stressful situations. Perhaps we could allow proven trusted security officers to sign up as Elite Officers or something of the sort. It's something I want to take a look at, rewarding good security.
2: Do you think there is anywhere Security needs to change policy wise, or is the current policy adequate.
I feel right now we have a decent base on security policy, there's always room for improvement, especially when it comes to dealing with people who quite frankly aren't going to be missed if you chuck them in perma, but as for can officers go about their day to day business according to policy? I'll say we're okay for now.
3: Finally, in a ideal world how would you want to see Security operate in relation to the crew and antagonists
Security are there to ensure you work. They're there not as your friend, but as hired mercs on a dodgy corporate spacestation with incredibly short life expectancy. Officers should roleplay with antagonists if possible, a crooked deal with a traitor provides a great scenario. The crew should be aided with most things, as overall security's interaction with the crew should be to encourage more work. Officers should not be there primarily to hunt antagonists as effectively as possible.
I play Boris Pepper.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #37445

As a headmin your primary responsibility is to communicate with the admin team on matters related to the game rules etc.

How comfortable would you be going back into #adminbus again? How comfortable would you be leading people that for the most part lost their trust for you.
Most importantly, how do we know that someone so much like HBL wont have the same flaws as he did in his adminning.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #37448

Antonkr wrote:As a headmin your primary responsibility is to communicate with the admin team on matters related to the game rules etc.

How comfortable would you be going back into #adminbus again? How comfortable would you be leading people that for the most part lost their trust for you.
Most importantly, how do we know that someone so much like HBL wont have the same flaws as he did in his adminning.
Quite comfortable really. I'm confident other admins with negative views will change their minds quickly once they see i'm serious and not just "running for a joke."
There might be one or two issues people have with me that i'd be happy to talk over, but for the most part, if i'm elected, i'm there to help everyone.

Even if HBL had some flaws, he still stuck around and tried, he's still here and he made decisions that were tough to make. I respect that, but in all honesty, we're simply two different people, no matter how similar we may seem.
I play Boris Pepper.
Deirun
Byond Username: Deirun

Post by Deirun » #37460

Bluespace wrote: I also think Asimov needs to go and we need to put a more practical lawset into play.
Can you specify? What should be the silicon´s role under the default lawset?
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #37482

Deirun wrote:
Bluespace wrote: I also think Asimov needs to go and we need to put a more practical lawset into play.
Can you specify? What should be the silicon´s role under the default lawset?
I'd want to change the default lawset altogether, to one that defines the AI as a helpful station tool, not a validhunt anti-harm machine.
I play Boris Pepper.
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #37551

Bluespace wrote:I'd want to change the default lawset altogether, to one that defines the AI as a helpful station tool, not a validhunt anti-harm machine.
What do you think the most fun part of playing silicons should be?
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #37553

Arete wrote:
Bluespace wrote:I'd want to change the default lawset altogether, to one that defines the AI as a helpful station tool, not a validhunt anti-harm machine.
What do you think the most fun part of playing silicons should be?
Creating your own unique AI persona and interacting with the crew in your own special way.
I play Boris Pepper.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #37556

Why do you think you should be headmin over the other candidates?
After being deadminned for lying, why should people put their trust in you? Especially in a position such as headmin?
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #37564

NikNakFlak wrote:Why do you think you should be headmin over the other candidates?
After being deadminned for lying, why should people put their trust in you? Especially in a position such as headmin?
Very good questions.
Also in response to what I said, how do you hope to rebuild the trust you have lost with adminbus?
Last edited by Antonkr on Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #37594

One time you ran an event where you made the skins of every crewmember on the station dark, gave them black hair, modified the AI's lawset to turn it into a slave master, and instructed everyone to go to Hydroponics to obtain watermelons.

A lot of people accused you of rampant racism. A lot of people thought it was hilarious. How do you feel about this event now, a month (or two, I can't remember exactly) later?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #37672

NikNakFlak wrote:Why do you think you should be headmin over the other candidates?
Put simply, I have the passion and drive to see it through. Headmin is tough, you're subject to scrutiny and you have to justify every action even when it's impossible to make both parties happy. Having the determination and conviction to ensure you consistently perform at a high level of professionalism is important.
I'll answer the one below with Anton's as one.
I play Boris Pepper.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #37673

Antonkr wrote:
Very good questions.
Also in response to what I said, how do you hope to rebuild the trust you have lost with adminbus?
The issue of the lost trust with adminbus is a big issue I intend to resolve. First of, I think a chat with most admins is needed, one to one, to first introduce myself as headmin and then to take their views and opinions on board as of that date. Once people start seeing things they had problems with being resolved, I think the trust will be a non-issue. It's simply a matter of showing it.
I play Boris Pepper.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #37675

Ricotez wrote:One time you ran an event where you made the skins of every crewmember on the station dark, gave them black hair, modified the AI's lawset to turn it into a slave master, and instructed everyone to go to Hydroponics to obtain watermelons.

A lot of people accused you of rampant racism. A lot of people thought it was hilarious. How do you feel about this event now, a month (or two, I can't remember exactly) later?
I'd like to publicly state that -
1)I never edited the skin nor features of any player at any time. I didn't actually know how until later.
2)The AI's laws were never touched, I posted a law in asay but it was never put in.
3)My involvement was a globalnarrate telling people they had a craving for watermelon.

Still, looking back, the whole thing kinda sucked, and it shouldn't have happened. Player's characters shouldn't be messed with in-round.
I play Boris Pepper.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #37714

If you become headmin, would you encourage other admins to answer prayers more often in interesting or funny ways?

Do you believe it is unfair to exploit the loopholes in asimov despite asimov himself creating the lawset to have loopholes?

Do you support breaking and entering as a non-antag?

Do you support minor stealing as a non-antag?

Should non-antags that were perma'd be valid for killing security in order to escape if they have the opportunity to?

Are you in favor of making the coders make straightjackets possible to remove?

If straightjackets are not nerfed, will you punish sec for putting them on characters that are not insane?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #37768

Maybe we should have people make their own opinions on the matter: http://privatepaste.com/40012669ab
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #37788

NikNakFlak wrote:Maybe we should have people make their own opinions on the matter: http://privatepaste.com/40012669ab
Disappointing to find the logs have cut to show my bad side. I have faith the voting public will still put their belief in me, however. :)
If you become headmin, would you encourage other admins to answer prayers more often in interesting or funny ways?

Do you believe it is unfair to exploit the loopholes in asimov despite asimov himself creating the lawset to have loopholes?

Do you support breaking and entering as a non-antag?

Do you support minor stealing as a non-antag?

Should non-antags that were perma'd be valid for killing security in order to escape if they have the opportunity to?

Are you in favor of making the coders make straightjackets possible to remove?

If straightjackets are not nerfed, will you punish sec for putting them on characters that are not insane?
Definitely, but i'd also try and introduce blowing people's legs off for horrible effort put into prayers.

I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean abuse of law 2 to open secure areas etc?

Breaking and entering as a non-antag has a time and place. Doing it to be a dick isn't one of them.

Define "minor stealing." Does taking the hand teleporter count as minor? Does breaking into engineering for gloves? Sounds like an IC issue to me.

This really depends on how they were treated by security, and even then, i'd probably err on the side of security shouldn't be killed if you've been enough of a dick to get perma'd.

I sure am. Perma-restraints aren't fun.

Situational. If someone is in perma, they don't need a straightjacket on.
I play Boris Pepper.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #38265

I've got a question:

If you were not running this election, who would you vote for and why?
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #38274

Either between HG or An0n3.
An0n3 is just down to earth, understands it's a game, and is all round a good person to take advice from, I think that'd translate well to a headmin.
HG has crazy smarts and makes really good judgement calls, they can be a bit... i'm not sure of the word, maybe unapproachable? At times.
I play Boris Pepper.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #38459

If someone was being a shit and going out their way to antagonise a department; be that tabling off security, making a slip trap outside medbay, fucking with the powernet; and someone from that department jammed a screwdriver in their eye sockets and tossed them into space - what would you do?

Venison or Lobster?

What's your opinion on the segregation of admins, coders, players?

Would you bring back the players voice, aka the peanut gallery. Would this be the old unrestricted format, or would you have a caveat that people who only jump in to defend their friends, or spout memeisms, or just generally post unconstructive antagonistic for the sake of being antagonistic - would have their fnr privs revoked?

What's your honest opinion of how tg station has changed from 2011 to today

How old are you in real life?
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #39001

If someone was being a shit and going out their way to antagonise a department; be that tabling off security, making a slip trap outside medbay, fucking with the powernet; and someone from that department jammed a screwdriver in their eye sockets and tossed them into space - what would you do?
Into the trash, if you're intentionally being shit you don't deserve to be in the round.
Venison or Lobster?
Venison.
What's your opinion on the segregation of admins, coders, players?
I highly dislike it. We need to work together as a community to push through meaningful, fun changes. I think admins need to be recognised more for the hard work they're doing and the same goes for players, less negativity, more, "Damn son, you're doing a good job and i'm impressed."
Would you bring back the players voice, aka the peanut gallery. Would this be the old unrestricted format, or would you have a caveat that people who only jump in to defend their friends, or spout memeisms, or just generally post unconstructive antagonistic for the sake of being antagonistic - would have their fnr privs revoked?
I don't see what can be gained from discussion of bans. It can promote policy change sure but in the end it's usually just toxicity towards the banning admin. I think singulo serves the peanut gallery purpose well.
What's your honest opinion of how tg station has changed from 2011 to today.
Haven't been around since 2011, but in my own experience I think there's more negativity around, however, admins are doing a better job than they were before about catching serious rulebreakers. The community has largely stayed the same but individual pieces have changed rapidly, as people have come and gone.
How old are you in real life?
20 and an almost half.
I play Boris Pepper.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #39054

If elected are you anticipating recieving full admin powers again? Will you use them if you receive them?

How familiar are you with banning/unbanning players, enforcing rules on a playerbase, mediating conflict between parties, etc?

If elected, will you be confident leading a group of people in an activity who have more experience in that field than you? Why or why not?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #39055

If elected are you anticipating recieving full admin powers again? Will you use them if you receive them?
I'm assuming i'd get the rank of Headmin in-game, but quite honestly it's the least of my worries, if I didn't get any in-game power i'd be completely fine and dandy with that.
If I do get powers, it'd mainly be to resolve issues, I won't be running events and stuff, other gamemins already do that.
How familiar are you with banning/unbanning players, enforcing rules on a playerbase, mediating conflict between parties, etc?
As a former admin, super familiar. I'm also a first point of contact outside of the game for conflict resolution in another organisation.
If elected, will you be confident leading a group of people in an activity who have more experience in that field than you? Why or why not?
Absolutely. I'm always looking to pick up on new knowledge and being able to accept the feedback of others is a skill I look forward to demonstrating.
I play Boris Pepper.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #39535

During your period as an admin you pretty much showed nothing but a headache inducing level of incompetence and almost no understanding of the rules or server policies. How have you changed since then and do you really think it's a good idea to go straight from deadminned player to headmin?
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #39539

Jacough wrote:During your period as an admin you pretty much showed nothing but a headache inducing level of incompetence and almost no understanding of the rules or server policies. How have you changed since then and do you really think it's a good idea to go straight from deadminned player to headmin?
I'd disagree with that, I did a LOT of good work as admin, along with the mistakes I did make.
I used to be very centered on attention and would attract it at every turn, since then i've really changed that whole facet of my persona.

It's a unique position so yes, I do, i'm familiar with both sides of the divide, so to speak.
I play Boris Pepper.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #39543

SoS has threatened adminbus with the removal of +FUN and +SOUND because we've been running too many events. How would you handle this, and how will it affect your style of administration?
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #39551

Ikarrus wrote:SoS has threatened adminbus with the removal of +FUN and +SOUND because we've been running too many events. How would you handle this, and how will it affect your style of administration?
GameMins definitely love to run events and I think they should be free too, but too many events and you de-value them and cause annoyance.
Events should be regulated and have a plan to them, even if the solution means just writing down in a Google doc that you've done one, so other admins can look and see 7 events have happened that day already.
As for my personal style of administration, I don't really believe running events is a headmin's priority.
I play Boris Pepper.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #39740

Do you still subscribe to your belief of the actions in http://pastebin.com/iu1DNrJM as being something administration should be allowed to do? After everything, you still never cleared that up, just acted more sorry that you were talked to by SoS for it.