HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [Stickymayhem]

Resolved.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [Stickymayhem]

Post by Stickymayhem » #37334

[quote="Stickymayhem"]My campaign is over. All money is being refunded to donators. Thanks for the support but I slipped up so I'm no longer eligible.[/quote]

ImageImageImage

VOTE STICKY FOR HEADMIN 2014

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fund ... /x/8914884
Last edited by Stickymayhem on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Re: HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [Stickymayhem]

Post by Kot » #37335

Will you continue to make "fun" events on both Basil and Sybil?

How do you feel about pressing buttons?

Here, take a look at this situation. There is cult round, literally almost everyone is cultist. Now there arrives a single latejoin assistant that has no idea there is cult going on. He finds some napalm grenades in hallway near cargo and takes them. Then the shuttle arrives, cultists get on it and proceed to convert anyone that is still not cult. Assistant throws the grenades before they stun him. Grenades cause whole shuttle to die horribly, even one or two not yet converted people. Guy dies and is met with rage in deathchat, because thanks to him cult failed. Round ends. What do you do?
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #37356

Do you think Heads of Staff positions are generally filled by players too green for the job?

Do you have any plan to increase the numbers of Security Officers players?

What do you think about Asimov? If you want it replaced with another/new lawset, which one?

Choose one out of each pair:

Murderbone is bad - Everything goes

Upload and Secure Tech and EVA (...) should be bolted at roundstart - Bolting powergaming is for faggots who hate fun

Minor to Medium severity crimes should always be dealt IC - Repeatedly breaking the law every round is reason enough to ban

Subverted silicons should not try to find loopholes in One Human type laws - Exploiting loopholes is always acceptable

Assistants should have maintenance access - Assistants should not have maintenance access

Security players should be allowed to use permanent solutions to deal with people who insist on being problematic - BWOINK

Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do - Roboticists only exist to make cyborgs

Heads of Staff should be allowed to demote their underlings always - Heads of Staff cannot demote without a good reason

Forums should have a board for people to discuss bans and ban requests freely - No "stenography"

Rei - Asuka

Sorry if there is anything you feel you've already answered.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #37498

Kot wrote:
Will you continue to make "fun" events on both Basil and Sybil?

Yes. I will be shifting over to Badger more and more often, as Sybil is pretty dense with admins and getting a good playerbase going on Server 1 again would be nice. Unless people ask for madness I stick to events focused on a few people or buildmode projects.

How do you feel about pressing buttons?

If people want buttons, give them buttons. Facerolling them without asking first is terrible so votes are an acceptable means to ensure people actually want to participate in that

Here, take a look at this situation. There is cult round, literally almost everyone is cultist. Now there arrives a single latejoin assistant that has no idea there is cult going on. He finds some napalm grenades in hallway near cargo and takes them. Then the shuttle arrives, cultists get on it and proceed to convert anyone that is still not cult. Assistant throws the grenades before they stun him. Grenades cause whole shuttle to die horribly, even one or two not yet converted people. Guy dies and is met with rage in deathchat, because thanks to him cult failed. Round ends. What do you do?

I'm going to assume you mean like a chemistry plasmafire nade because incendiaries can't do that shit. I'd decide how far gone and obvious the cultists had gone. If cultists have been successful enough to be flaunting that success on the shuttle, then measures shy of a proper bomb or BoH are acceptable in my opinion. This would vary depending on the motivation or how many innocents got killed of course, but if you take a risk and it pays off, in this case killing a bunch of cultists and preventing their victory, I'd say it's similar to using a maxcap on the wizard.
Do you think Heads of Staff positions are generally filled by players too green for the job?

No. I think we have a pool of players who tend toward head roles for whatever reason, and the few times brand new players grab head roles it's usually resolved within that round. I see disagreements between heads and their employees far more than inexperienced heads.

Do you have any plan to increase the numbers of Security Officers players?

Coderbus has already done some excellent work on that. I think once antag selection before job selection is introduced the issue will be resolved for the most part. We definitely saw far more experienced security players as the people who were more aware of the change were more likely to be the more experienced players in general.

Choose one out of each pair:

Murderbone is bad - Everything goes

Upload and Secure Tech and EVA (...) should be bolted at roundstart - Bolting powergaming is for faggots who hate fun

Minor to Medium severity crimes should always be dealt IC - Repeatedly breaking the law every round is reason enough to ban

Minor and Medium crimes are not worth OOC punishments in the vast majority of cases. Something like stealing the Captain's ID or other traitor objectives every round would be enough of a reason for a ban.

Subverted silicons should not try to find loopholes in One Human type laws - Exploiting loopholes is always acceptable

Assistants should have maintenance access - Assistants should not have maintenance access

Security players should be allowed to use permanent solutions to deal with people who insist on being problematic - BWOINK

As always follow the chain of command for executions. I have always been in favour of longer IC sentences for non-antag people just trying to stir up shit. The antags are expected to be bastards, so you may as well treat them nicely.

Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do - Roboticists only exist to make cyborgs

If any authority tells a roboticist what to build then they should be building it. This would be reason enough for IC consequences if they refused. That said, Roboticists don't only exist to make cyborgs and should have fun when they can. Just not at the expense of the station.

Heads of Staff should be allowed to demote their underlings always - Heads of Staff cannot demote without a good reason

Forums should have a board for people to discuss bans and ban requests freely - No "stenography"
Singulo serves this purpose

Rei - Asuka

Sorry if there is anything you feel you've already answered.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #37508

Wow you're awful. No experience, tons of terrible 'road bumps' in your past as an admin (and a player). Another shitter 'appealing to the playerbase' (read: grey tide apologist). I guess you'll get the idiotic joke vote though.

http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=9280#p9280
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Kot

Post by Kot » #37512

He is apparently the only one person that cares about Basil though. Which might mean something.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #37513

Basil isn't a matter of admin or coder support, it needs an active map developer to keep it going and fix bugs. One of the main draws for me at the time of when it was popular is metastation being updated and suggestions being taken for metastation. Also, server 2 started with a niche group of roleplayers that the older admins completely stamped out and replaced with metafriender retards. I don't see how sticky as headmin will change this, unless he can prove me wrong?

Maybe a separate set of more roleplay-friendly policies for server 2 are in order. That really tickles my fancy.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Kot

Post by Kot » #37517

He doesn't change much, but he at least appears here.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #37522

paprika wrote:Basil isn't a matter of admin or coder support, it needs an active map developer to keep it going and fix bugs. One of the main draws for me at the time of when it was popular is metastation being updated and suggestions being taken for metastation. Also, server 2 started with a niche group of roleplayers that the older admins completely stamped out and replaced with metafriender retards. I don't see how sticky as headmin will change this, unless he can prove me wrong?

Maybe a separate set of more roleplay-friendly policies for server 2 are in order. That really tickles my fancy.
I fully intend to bring roleplay back to the second server and I do think differing policies would be a way to go about that. I'm currently writing up these changes in a more presentable way. I had several very good experiences in bringing people back and engaging in the roleplay on that server, and metastation is a great map for that.

I slipped up as trialmin. Almost everyone has made mistakes. I've made plenty, but I learn from them. I don't make the same error twice, and I accept my faults. I will never arrogantly deny my own flaws and there are countless examples of that. If there is one thing I can do, it's be receptive, and that's an important part of being a headmin.

Honestly I think that thread makes a good case for this, given that in my first worrying situation I accepted blame immediately and offered anything I could to try to make the situation better. You may want someone who will fuck up less and that's completely valid, but I want someone who can just admit they fucked up. HBL was amazing at this in my experience.

I find this hilarious though:
paprika wrote:Another shitter 'appealing to the playerbase' (read: grey tide apologist).
Are you seriously saying it's terrible that in a democratic election it makes me a shitter to appeal to the people who will be voting, as well as actually believing in what they believe? That's utter madness. Of course I'm appealing to the PLAYERBASE. Admins are there to benefit the players, everything around the game is there to benefit the players.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #37527

Appealing to the playerbase is in quotes. It's facetious. Read the part in parenthesis. You've broke the rules of the server and even used your admin powers to grief and act vindictive towards people. I'm getting deja vu from when HBL became headmin.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #37543

paprika wrote:Appealing to the playerbase is in quotes. It's facetious. Read the part in parenthesis. You've broke the rules of the server and even used your admin powers to grief and act vindictive towards people. I'm getting deja vu from when HBL became headmin.
When did I use my powers to grief and act vindictively?

Also I don't advocate being a shit just because your grey. But there is a middle ground between LET ASSISTANTS DO ANYTHING and FUCK ANYONE PLAYS ASSISTANT. Your changes were not a reasonable solution to the problem. Letting those disruptive cases be handled by admins is a better middle-ground.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #37545

I didn't know this thread was about my changes, I thought it was about you.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #37559

paprika wrote:Wow you're awful. No experience, tons of terrible 'road bumps' in your past as an admin (and a player). Another shitter 'appealing to the playerbase' (read: grey tide apologist). I guess you'll get the idiotic joke vote though.

http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=9280#p9280

Posting criticism is allowed here, however doing nothing but insulting is not. Sticky is allowed to post his candidacy just as anyone who is in this community can. What I take issue in is you are further proving your lack of character to me simply by what you've said to him. Please try to take some more time to consider what you say in the future to others, and offer actual constructive feedback instead of what you posted here.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #37565

paprika wrote:I didn't know this thread was about my changes, I thought it was about you.
Your view of assistants is tied in with those changes. You called me a greytide apologist for no reason other than I argued with you about your changes. That makes them relevant here.

Please stick to actual issues rather than baseless insults.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #37569

Stickymayhem wrote:You called me a greytide apologist for no reason other than I argued with you about your changes.
Are you retarded or just pretending

You grey tide all the time, continued doing it once you became an admin, and even make jokes about it even though it's literally a bannable offense.

Holy shit, no. I don't give a shit about ass maint and that's not even what's being discussed here. Stop deflecting.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #37575

paprika wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:You called me a greytide apologist for no reason other than I argued with you about your changes.
Are you retarded or just pretending

You grey tide all the time, continued doing it once you became an admin, and even make jokes about it even though it's literally a bannable offense.

Holy shit, no. I don't give a shit about ass maint and that's not even what's being discussed here. Stop deflecting.
Yeah that isn't true. I don't greytide, I haven't greytided for a while and I do not support greytiding. You clearly have an outdated image of me. I make jokes about everything. I don't mean to offend by it but at the same time you can chill out a little.

And again it doesn't take a lot of effort to keep it civil.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #37596

Why do you one-up my poor, innocent MIDIs by playing the OGG version immediately after?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #37600

Are you willing to swallow your pride on bans that you know you dished out wrongfully? Yes, In talking about that one AC and though you did help me commit sudoku when I prayed in OOC on accident, I felt fucked over. HG, Pandarsenic, and I think HBL jumped in almost after I replied to your reply on that thread. They were defending you, and it was clear thatI did nothing wrong but you were going to Rule 0 me because it'd look bad if you didn't.

You knew what was wrong and what that would mean for me as a player, but you scramble for your reputation and save face before doing what's right. And I'm new to this community; I have a very small, insignificant voice. But if is is how you were during admincandidate, trialmin, and full in game admin, pissing on other admins you were cool with in front of HBL to look better, I'd hate to see what you'd be like as Headmin. My voice, my opinions, my poorly/developed character, and more relevant to the topic, my vote, may not mean anything here, but you certainly don't have mine.
Hellafied
Byond Username: The-White-Crayon

Post by Hellafied » #37602

If it makes any consultation, I think sticky would make great headmin, and he is my favorite admin. I think he has great events, and likes to make a round more entertaining (as is an admins job). I think he has good reasoning in being an admin, by what I know, and I would like to see moar of sticky, and his toils in ss13.
Image ImageImage
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #37607

Ricotez wrote:Why do you one-up my poor, innocent MIDIs by playing the OGG version immediately after?
Because I know you secretly want them all converted <3
Fragnostic wrote:Are you willing to swallow your pride on bans that you know you dished out wrongfully? Yes, In talking about that one AC and though you did help me commit sudoku when I prayed in OOC on accident, I felt fucked over. HG, Pandarsenic, and I think HBL jumped in almost after I replied to your reply on that thread. They were defending you, and it was clear thatI did nothing wrong but you were going to Rule 0 me because it'd look bad if you didn't.

You knew what was wrong and what that would mean for me as a player, but you scramble for your reputation and save face before doing what's right. And I'm new to this community; I have a very small, insignificant voice. But if is is how you were during admincandidate, trialmin, and full in game admin, pissing on other admins you were cool with in front of HBL to look better, I'd hate to see what you'd be like as Headmin. My voice, my opinions, my poorly/developed character, and more relevant to the topic, my vote, may not mean anything here, but you certainly don't have mine.
I have never refused to accept blame on matters that I believed I was wrong in. If you look at my history that is the vast majority of dramatic disputes I have been involved in. I am absolutely capable of swallowing my pride. I am not a particularly prideful person and I'm sure most people you ask would confirm that. I don't take myself or anyone else too seriously.

Which admins did I piss on? I'm not sure what this is referring to but I'd like to know and discuss it.

I admitted that I could have brought you to the admin prison instead in the thread, but aside from that the punishment was reasonable in my eyes. I never meant any offence by it, I just argued my case and the other admins agreed it was suitable. I admit the dogpiling in that situation was excessive, and I'd honestly try to work to reduce that, but I'm sorry it affected you this badly. That was never my aim.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #37614

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #37615

Th-this is the world we have made for ourselves.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #37617

Pandarsenic wrote:Th-this is the world we have made for ourselves.
Embrace it.
Gel
Byond Username: TheGel

Post by Gel » #37618

I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me.

http://igg.me/at/thegel/x/8915018
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #37626

Gel wrote:I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me.

Donating 50 dollars tomorrow.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #37630

paprika wrote:
Gel wrote:I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me.

Donating 50 dollars tomorrow.
This is getting good.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #37631

Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #37656

Stickymayhem wrote:I have never refused to accept blame on matters that I believed I was wrong in. If you look at my history that is the vast majority of dramatic disputes I have been involved in. I am absolutely capable of swallowing my pride. I am not a particularly prideful person and I'm sure most people you ask would confirm that. I don't take myself or anyone else too seriously.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #37682

My campaign is over. All money is being refunded to donators. Thanks for the support but I slipped up so I'm no longer eligible.