Headmin Election - PLAYER DISCUSSION

Resolved.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Headmin Election - PLAYER DISCUSSION

Post by QuartzCrystal » #37423

This thread will serve to generate discussion among players during the election period so that values and opinions can be hashed out, and new questions can be posed to the candidates.

CANDIDATES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST IN THIS THREAD.

Helpful link: http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic. ... 26&p=18799, this thread has many links to old threads that got down and dirty in the policy talk. Please consult these threads for both opinions from candidates who are running again this time, but also for ideas as to what you want to ask the candidates now.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Re: Headmin Election - PLAYER DISCUSSION

Post by Antonkr » #37432

Just as a reminder to the players. Please dont vote for someone just because you like their events. Take into account their admining, their activity, their overall answers to your questions.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #37473

Just as a reminder to the candidates. Please dont throw shit at other candidates while not answering questions in your respective thread, it's not the way to go.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #37495

Violaceus wrote:A question.

Everyone is asking candidates what do they think about various policies, ranging from AI bolting to stealing IDs.

Do head admins really have the right and/or power to change policies as they want?
In general, yes, though stuff typically needs to be cleared by scaredy.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #37511

Sticky shitposting with epic meme pics in other people's threads is pretty autistic tbqh
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #37535

paprika wrote:Sticky shitposting with epic meme pics in other people's threads is pretty autistic tbqh
I'll be hiding said threads.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #37664

I think that the answers to rather specific policy questions are actually the most interesting, because they give the best idea of what kind of approach a potential Headmin has in mind for their job.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #37687

Ricotez wrote:I think that the answers to rather specific policy questions are actually the most interesting, because they give the best idea of what kind of approach a potential Headmin has in mind for their job.
Yeah, big thanks to the players typing up questions and posing them to all the candidates evenly.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #39892

I'm very proud of everyone

you've done well