HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [ComradeLeo]

Resolved.
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [ComradeLeo]

Post by Comrade Leo » #37456

Ask your questions. If I can answer them I will.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Re: HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [ComradeLeo]

Post by Cipher3 » #37471

Why are you running for headmin?
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #37474

Do you think Heads of Staff positions are generally filled by players too green for the job?

Do you have any plan to increase the numbers of Security Officers players?

What do you think about Asimov? If you want it replaced with another/new lawset, which one?

Choose one out of each pair:

Murderbone is bad - Everything goes

Upload and Secure Tech and EVA (...) should be bolted at roundstart - Bolting powergaming is for faggots who hate fun

Minor to Medium severity crimes should always be dealt IC - Repeatedly breaking the law every round is reason enough to ban

Subverted silicons should not try to find loopholes in One Human type laws - Exploiting loopholes is always acceptable

Assistants should have maintenance access - Assistants should not have maintenance access

Security players should be allowed to use permanent solutions to deal with people who insist on being problematic - BWOINK

Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do - Roboticists only exist to make cyborgs

Heads of Staff should be allowed to demote their underlings always - Heads of Staff cannot demote without a good reason

Forums should have a board for people to discuss bans and ban requests freely - No "stenography"

Rei - Asuka
Comrade Leo

Post by Comrade Leo » #37490

Cipher3 wrote:Why are you running for headmin?
I see stagnancy within the admins, regardless of abilities, and in no way is it a slight on any of them, but it is the same names over and again. People have expressed desire for change, yet, there is no alternatives to what has come before. When no alternatives exist to enact change, then one needs to be created to break the cycle. I am that alternative.
Scott wrote:Do you think Heads of Staff positions are generally filled by players too green for the job?
Yes, all too often I have played rounds where people are learning the job of each department as a Head, making them ineffective in a role designed as a leadership position. Seeing as the command structure is reliant in delegated duties, a captain will find it difficult to run his station when his heads can't do the job let alone lead. Solving this problem is more tricky, as head positions for new accounts are all unlocked after a certain time period, and are not tied to time spent in their relative departments. If there was a way to do this, it would go a long way in dealing with it.
Scott wrote:Do you have any plan to increase the numbers of Security Officers players?
Not currently. People not wanting to play the security positions are mostly tied into thinking it is a thankless task, and thus unfun for them. Another factor is that antag security was removed, meaning more fun was pulled from the role. If you pull the fun from any role in the game, people will not play them. Fixing this issue is complex as numerous factors play on this particular role - anti-shitcurity - greytide stress etc etc, have a detrimental impact on the fun of the role. A proper look at the rules and regulations, rather than from a what is fair/not fair view point, and using a what is fun/not fun viewpoint.
Scott wrote:Choose one out of each pair:
Alot of these are not as black and white as you make them to be. Choices therefore have to be blunt - but I'm going to answer the ones I feel need clarification longer.
Scott wrote:Murderbone is bad - Everything goes
Everything goes, - within the rules of the game. I'm a roleplayer at heart. When I antag, I never murderbone, I don't see the point in going on a murder spree unless the objective specifically calls for it, I stealth antag everytime. Murderbone should be a spiral of consequences of the actions of the antag rather than a right because of being antag. What this means is, if the antags actions towards it's objective is degenerative, spiralling out of control to the point where he gets "5 stars" (to use a GTA analogy), his only option is to murderbone. In contrast a antag who only murderbones because he feels it is his valid right because of antag status is I feel not entering into the spirit of the game.
Scott wrote:Upload and Secure Tech and EVA (...) should be bolted at roundstart - Bolting powergaming is for faggots who hate fun
From a roleplay standpoint, with security being paramount for a high tech research station (and knowing that hostile organisation can and will take advantage initiative) - Upload and Secure Tech and EVA (...) should be bolted at roundstart.
Scott wrote:Minor to Medium severity crimes should always be dealt IC - Repeatedly breaking the law every round is reason enough to ban
Crime is IC and should be dealt with IC unless in conflict with the rules of the game - Minor to Medium severity crimes should always be dealt IC. The second option you present sounds like a thinly veiled greytide question. You asked earlier what about security player numbers, you cannot have a fun and stressless security role if greytide, the anti-role to security is allowed.
Scott wrote:Subverted silicons should not try to find loopholes in One Human type laws - Exploiting loopholes is always acceptable
Silicon policy is always a hotly debated subject. People tend to forget that even though they are AI/Cyborg - they are still governed by computer programmes. Exploiting loopholes is always acceptable - quite simply because "if/then" programmes are strict in their respective parameters.
Scott wrote:Assistants should have maintenance access - Assistants should not have maintenance access
Refer to my earlier statement about fun, and removing fun. Restricting assistant access makes the role less fun. A belligerent HoP refusing access then gives the assistant the assumed license to misbehave and live up to the greytide expectations of being an assistant. Maintenance access has always been a staple of that role, and also makes being an assistant antag even harder, aswell as making other antags with roles that do have respective maintenance access (like engineers, atmos, mime/clown) harder, as any actions done in maintenance will highlight them first. Short answer: Assistants should have maintenance access.
Scott wrote:Security players should be allowed to use permanent solutions to deal with people who insist on being problematic - BWOINK
Chain of command private. From a roleplay standpoint, giving the footsoldiers free reign to summary execute anyone at will, will cause a lot of grief and round ends because players cannot be bothered to do the routine of jailing someone. If this becomes a thing, remove the brig as it is essentially useless. From a rules standpoint it is dickish. The current policy of the HoS and Captain being the only ones to give authority for execution is good enough - so Bwoink.
Scott wrote:Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do - Roboticists only exist to make cyborgs
This is no contest - Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do. RD still has say over them as the superior, but it is ultimately their lab. You would not apply the same to virology, genetics, xenobiology etc etc, so why apply it to robotics. In science, in the field of study, research is usually dictated by experts in that field - don't ask a astrophysicist to dictate the work of a particle physicist as the astrophysicist has absolutely no academic context outside the basics. RD positions in the real world are usually given to those with good organisational skills, rather than 50 phds in all subjects ever (this is not a thing).
Scott wrote:Heads of Staff should be allowed to demote their underlings always - Heads of Staff cannot demote without a good reason
Heads of staff know how their team best operates, their role is delegated from the captain. If a member in the team is inefficient at their job, it is also the Heads of Staff's role to make sure the member is efficient. It is easy just to excise a part of the team sure, but it's better if you teach the person how to do things properly. A head of staff who doesn't go out of his way to fix his team rather than chop it to pieces is not suited for the role. Therefore - Heads of Staff cannot demote without a good reason.
Scott wrote:Forums should have a board for people to discuss bans and ban requests freely - No "stenography"
Freedom of speech has a intended side effect that people tend to not notice. Within free speech, you are allowed however wrong or right you are to express your opinion. Opinions can be both shitty and good. People will say bad things, but this gives you the opportunity to tell them why what they said is bad. Without this, people will continue to think the bad things, either through misguidance or personal observation, without giving them a chance to correct themselves. Free speech is only hated by those who cannot explain why their shitty bad ideas are good ideas, because they are in essence shitty bad ideas. Free speech enables others to call them out on their shitty bad ideas, promoting a conscience shift into good ideas. Free speech makes all the difference in community spirit, and should not be stifled in any shape or form. Therefore - Forums should have a board for people to discuss bans and ban requests freely.
Scott wrote:Rei - Asuka
Rei is mai waifu.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #37697

What do you think of singulo.io
Comrade Leo

Post by Comrade Leo » #37700

oranges wrote:What do you think of singulo.io
It is a by product of the stifling of player's opinions. It serves it's purpose as a underground anonymous free speech platform, which is needed while the current stifling continues. It also allows people to vent without reprisal and so fulfils the role of stress 'relief'. If things like open uncensored admin complaints and stenography were a thing it would see less use. Either way don't shut it down.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #38269

I've got a question:

If you were not running this election, who would you vote for and why?
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #38458

If someone was being a shit and going out their way to antagonise a department; be that tabling off security, making a slip trap outside medbay, fucking with the powernet; and someone from that department jammed a screwdriver in their eye sockets and tossed them into space - what would you do?

Venison or Lobster?

What's your opinion on the segregation of admins, coders, players?

Would you bring back the players voice, aka the peanut gallery. Would this be the old unrestricted format, or would you have a caveat that people who only jump in to defend their friends, or spout memeisms, or just generally post unconstructive antagonistic for the sake of being antagonistic - would have their fnr privs revoked?

What's your honest opinion of how tg station has changed from 2011 to today

How old are you in real life?
Comrade Leo

Post by Comrade Leo » #38854

Ikarrus wrote:I've got a question:

If you were not running this election, who would you vote for and why?
I'm not in the business of shittalking or praising others accomplishments, I would however chose someone who is more in-line with the average opinion of the playerbase they are representing, in this case Anon-kun. However I do have concerns about his activity.
Malkevin wrote:If someone was being a shit and going out their way to antagonise a department; be that tabling off security, making a slip trap outside medbay, fucking with the powernet; and someone from that department jammed a screwdriver in their eye sockets and tossed them into space - what would you do?
The original antagonist got what he deserved for being a massive dick. I have been in this situation before, If you are going to dick with someone IC then you are gonna get treated like you would in IC. However it would have to be within reason, proper escalation. Wasting a mime for just walking into medbay isn't escalation.
Malkevin wrote:Venison or Lobster?
I have had neither so I cannot pass judgement.
Malkevin wrote:What's your opinion on the segregation of admins, coders, players?
All aspects of the playerbase need representation, this includes the admins, coders, and players. Giving each an equal voice is the essence of democracy.
Malkevin wrote:Would you bring back the players voice, aka the peanut gallery. Would this be the old unrestricted format, or would you have a caveat that people who only jump in to defend their friends, or spout memeisms, or just generally post unconstructive antagonistic for the sake of being antagonistic - would have their fnr privs revoked?
Yes, and free speech has to be unmoderated for it to be truly free. People who shitpost purely to cause others grief only further reinforce the image that they are complete dicks, if they want to hang themselves let them.
Malkevin wrote:What's your honest opinion of how tg station has changed from 2011 to today
I think I joined mid/late 2012. I've watched several servers die, I've watched the community tear chunks out of each other but continue to survive despite this, and I've seen attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. What has changed? Admins have become more draconian and uncaring. I've seen the fun sucked out of the game by lessening numbers on my 'favourite' server, with no care in bringing back the numbers. People being banned for petty shit and petty grudges being the real reason.
Malkevin wrote:How old are you in real life?
Old. Probably one of the oldest in the community. Age means nothing.