Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Mickyan
Github User

Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Config Changes

Postby Mickyan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:42 pm #435084

How do you plan to handle config changes that modify/remove gameplay features?
What kind of criteria need to be met to make a change, or consider requests to make a change?

In other words, do you reserve the right to change and disable features at your own discretion?
I play as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.

Be nice to each other.

jcll
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Jcll
Github Username: jcll

Re: Config Changes

Postby jcll » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:49 pm #435090

Never at my own discretion. Config changes are something that needs to be discussed with the admin team. Coders that help us build awesome things. And in the case of major changes the playerbase as whole.

Some changes I'd like to keep an eye on are gamemode probability. And if balanced right perhaps some more thematic roundstart races.

BeeSting12
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Postby BeeSting12 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:58 pm #435092

Config changes aren't up to myself only, it's up to the full headmin team, and I'd like to get admin/player opinions before making any big changes. I'm going to log them in the auditorium thread MSO made.

I don't plan on enabling any more roundstart races, but I don't plan on disabling any either.
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

Shezza

Byond Username: Wilchen

Postby Shezza » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:12 pm #435100

This is a really vague question, so i can't really answer non-vaguely.

If its a gamemode, it will be a subject to a playervote and internal adminvote.
If its a race, it will be a subject to a playervote.
Any other feature will probably be removed/enabled with a playervote and possibly adminvote.

Of course I will also create appriopriate threads for discussion of said features.
If you see this message, the headmin cabal imprisoned me in Ban Appeals subsection of the forums.

All because i dared to post on a trialmin review thread while being permabanned.

The offical reason was "starting drama" and being taken off a "restrictive role" i was put on wordlessly (yes, i wasn't informed why, when and for how long), the only warning i had on the forums was from daxdupont (he warned me for a post on ntr that wasn't approved by him so it never showed up).

I asked the headmins a few times now for ability to PM them over the forums do discuss the bans on a "official channel" (they won't speak about the forum ban on discord).

They are yet to give me a ability to speak to them about this shitty ban before going blind into ban appeals with no information how should i defend myself.

Nabski

Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Postby Nabski » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:15 pm #435162

Enable more of the stupid game modes at low percents. Even the stupid modes like monkey and meteor.

Enable every single race as a roundstart option, even the ones blacklisted from the magic mirror. Do you want to start as a zombie? Too bad because you're retarded and that last part was all a lie.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Unused entertaining sprite repository. Edits on the left, OC on the right. Sorry that you look like derp little practice turtle.

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:33 pm #435170

I'd poll the admin team for gamemode configs and keep an ear out for gamemode fatigue. Rotating gamemode odds occasionally can help prevent these.

Omni Tears

Spoiler:

Carbonhell

Byond Username: CarbonHell

Postby Carbonhell » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:06 am #435331

I'd simply discuss if the feature can be enabled/disabled without major problems with the other headmins, then make a player poll that lasts one week regarding the config to enable/disable to see if players want it or not.
Also i noticed there are some deprecated config settings that noone updated yet, i'd fix those myself since they don't affect anyone too much other than giving an useless log every roundstart

CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Postby CitrusGender » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:31 am #435432

Rustled already changed them previously.

They were alright as they were but we changed nuke-ops to happen less often.
Not too crazy about having non-secret extended on there though. Should only be secret extended at like 1 or 2 IMO.
Code: Select all
You can't eat the orange, and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit.

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:20 am #435450

CitrusGender wrote:Rustled already changed them previously.

They were alright as they were but we changed nuke-ops to happen less often.
Not too crazy about having non-secret extended on there though. Should only be secret extended at like 1 or 2 IMO.

I think a rare chance for non-secret extended is a good thing. Knowing the round is 'safe' breaks up the general "hunt the antag" meta and gives people a round they can actually use to do their big gimmick/autism project without relying on the good will of admins to provide it.

Omni Tears

Spoiler:

Rustledjimm
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Postby Rustledjimm » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:41 pm #435522

If anything was to be removed then I would certainly inform the entire community. It was during this term we ran the clockcult poll and eventually pulled the gamemode.

There is a thread in the server forum which is keyholder only where we note back-end changes and round probabillity modifications that could certainly be brought into the limelight.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback!

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Arianya

Postby Arianya » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:25 pm #436720

Mickyan wrote:How do you plan to handle config changes that modify/remove gameplay features?
What kind of criteria need to be met to make a change, or consider requests to make a change?

In other words, do you reserve the right to change and disable features at your own discretion?

Generally speaking the barest requirement is going to be a consensus among the headmins, barring something earth shattering emergency correction needed bad.

Depending on the config line in question I'd look to consult the admins or the players (via in game poll), but this is going to vary heavily by what config option is being changed.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

Return to Archived/Deleted