Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

DMCA

Postby CitrusGender » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:22 pm #435127

What do you intend to do about the fourth server added to our trio? Do you intend to continue the server, do you intend to remove it? Also, how do you feel about the fact that we have admins on one server who are not admins on the other servers and that all /tg/station admins are above DMCA staff?

How would you address this?
Code: Select all
You can't eat the orange, and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit.

BeeSting12
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: DMCA

Postby BeeSting12 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:29 pm #435133

The server will continue.

Admins on DMCA that aren't on the main server are in a temporary position until we can find more permanent ones. On a case by case basis, they might be able to keep the mentor rank or possibly become a DMCA admin. Keywords: Case by case. This is not a guarantee any of them will keep their rank or get promoted.

All /tg/ admins have admin rank on the DMCA server because we haven't had time to recruit DMCA-only admins. /tg/ admins will have a rank on DMCA for my whole term- if they don't want to admin there, they don't have to.

We will need to recruit DMCA admins to lessen the need of /tg/ admins coming on to admin. Same standards as tg admins with the added requirement of understanding CM's game mechanics.
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

Nabski

Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Postby Nabski » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:53 pm #435147

The DMCA server is a choice made by our host. I'm not strongly opposed to it, but due to the drama and possible legal issues attached to it I do not want to be involved.

The code bases and mechanics are different enough that I do not see an issue with different admins for it, especially considering they have different ban databases.

Ideally I would find a someone interested in acting as a stand-in for me on all DMCA related issues.
Welcome to the second page.

Nervere

Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Postby Nervere » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:10 pm #435156

I'll say that I wasn't completely supportive of the server at first, but that my opinion on it has changed.
There's definitely no question that it's going to continue. This has been MSO's project primarily, and no headmin is in any place to say, "I'm shutting this down."
The separation between the two servers isn't a concern, and it's a good thing if anything. /tg/ admins will fill in for DMCA staff until we can get enough DMCA mentors and admins to fully staff the server.
Later on down the line, it would make sense that /tg/ admins have less control and that the power is handed over to actual DMCA staff, since /tg/ admins weren't selected for their ability to administrate CM.
I plan on following the policy RustledJimm set forth - DMCA is under us for now, but eventually it's going to branch off to be its own server separate from us.

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:30 pm #435169

DMCA takes different skillsets and a different mindset that many of our current admins may have or be interested in.

I'd start, as it's growing and becoming more stable, with a simple enough opt in for current admins, thus preventing most "hop-over" problems where an admin checks out the server and makes a mistake not knowing the server culture. If you want admin powers on DMCA, you'll ask for them and get them. Problems can be addressed like any other admin complaint.

I'm all in on DMCA. I think it's a fantastic project and it will only get better the more we make it our own unique thing.

I think DMCA should remain tied to /tg/, encouraging cross-roleplay and a spectrum of roleplay for our players and new ones.

Omni Tears

Spoiler:

jcll
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Jcll
Github Username: jcll

Postby jcll » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:08 pm #435192

It was a decision made by our host. And I support his judgement. I think it will be a great server if we help it grow and act as a good second option for our player base.

Due to its unique nature I feel like giving it its own set of staff is in the best interest of both server. And I'd love to talk to everyone more about this and see what the best solution is.

CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Postby CitrusGender » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:38 pm #435501

Alright. I'm a bit confused since the original response on the server was mixed.

The problem now is that you're going to have to talk to the developer and host of CM on a constant basis since every legal matter that happens with CM is now intertwined with /tg/ since we basically hold a repo of their coderbase on our server. Additionally, this notion of keeping the server up and then removing any sprites is a huge undertaking that would require coding knowledge to undertake.

Would you be willing to take the steps to remove the legally problematic sprites from the CM repo to make sure that the server can continue? How would you discuss the matters with CM as a headmin (since they are already having legal troubles on their server with the repo and you will need to talk to them about this matter)?

Also, how do you feel about the idea of admins branching off and the community dividing to go to this new server?
Code: Select all
You can't eat the orange, and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit.

Rustledjimm

Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Postby Rustledjimm » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:03 pm #435512

As the main driver behind DMCA bar perhaps MSO I would of course continue to work on it. Even if I do not become a headmin I will request the next headmin team to work on it.

I believe it's existence not only has demand but is beneficial to the wider ss13 community. I will be posting a thread so the community can discuss the servers future next week (hopefully Tuesday when I get back from visiting my family) as I think its something that should be discussed publicly. I already have been speaking closely with both Jamie and spooky, in host chat and in private DMs. I have a pretty good working relationship with both of them despite the conflicts that have arisen. I have set up the testing weekends, helped coordinate a mentor team and the ruleset, help where I can to organise the repo and get improvements through such as the recent logging improvement which will make adminning on the server far easier.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback!

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Arianya

Postby Arianya » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:28 pm #436721

In the short term I'd look to keep it under the /tg/ umbrella, and would love to keep things moving with it.

In the medium/long term, it may come to be that it's spun off into its own endeavour, technically seperate from /tg/, but this is really going to be a discussion with MSO, the maintainers of DMCA, etc.

I'm uncertain how I feel about the status of /tg/ admins vs DMCA admins. I'd like to get people folded into our existing process, since if we're trusting people to administrate on DMCA we should ideally trust them to admin elsewhere, and while no admin is required to administrate on DMCA, I'd like to ensure we're being consistent in our rulings on DMCA as well as /tg/.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

Return to Archived/Deleted