[Deleted] Do you intend to increase the transparency of adminning?

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

fosstar

Byond Username: Fosstar

Do you intend to increase the transparency of adminning?

Postby fosstar » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:25 pm #435206

Generally stuff such as bans, APMS, and other stuff has remained private and censored from the logs, do you as headmins intend to increase the transparency offered there to allow players more eyes into admin decisionmaking?

Nabski

Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Do you intend to increase the transparency of adminning?

Postby Nabski » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:27 pm #435210

No.
People often say more personal things than they would be willing to say to everyone.
Making bans public would enable people to argue "Player Y did this and didn't get banned but I did (something very similar) and did this is unfair". No-one wants that except people getting banned for shitty toe-lining behaviors.

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:29 pm #435211

Not really. While it may be nice, there's a lot of player protection to consider as well. Players can access their own ban info, we have already made more notes visible and generally speaking the only secret notes are necessary ones about metagaming and so on.

Being able to see every ban would offer chances to harass other players and isn't really necessary. The admin team has a good enough spectrum of opinion that most player perspectives are fairly represented, and admins are willing to report concerning behaviour to headmins when they see it.

With all major decisions and contested bans, discussion will be held publicly, but frankly this happens almost always.

Omni Tears

Spoiler:

BeeSting12
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Postby BeeSting12 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:46 pm #435219

We don't need public bans, admin PMs, or anything like that. If the players need to know something, I'll tell them through a town hall/auditorium thread. Otherwise, bans/admin PMs are between the admin team and the player in question.
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Postby CitrusGender » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:21 am #435430

There's a reason admins are given secrecy in their PMs. It really undermines the process if everything they say to players is put under scrutiny and would make it easy for players to be harsh on admins who are "too soft" in their ahelps.

Public bans would cause a similar problem, we're already miles ahead of other servers by not blocking out ckeys, having public logs, public ban appeals: we're in a good spot.
Code: Select all
You can't eat the orange, and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit.

wubli
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Wubli

Postby wubli » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:33 pm #437244

No intention of making bans public. There have been many complaints regarding admin behavior and logs have never been kept completely hidden to save anyone's ass - if you get called out, logs will be posted. But leaving it all out in the open will just lead to harassment of, probably, the players that ahelp.
part time admin ♡ full time e̸̷͘l̕͝d̕r̛͘͢͟͡i҉҉t́͟͠c̷͝h̸̡͠ ̀̕͟ą͘͘͠b҉̕͠ò̸̡͢͞m̸̀̕͜͡i͞ǹ̕͟͞͝ą̸͘͟͞t͘͢͜i͏̵̛́͝ó̡͢ń̀͘͘
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i'm here to try

Return to Archived/Deleted