Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Harassment / offensive humor

Postby Dax Dupont » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:40 pm #435271

As we've had some recent talks/issues about perceived harassment both regarding players and admins.

What do you define as harassment?

At what point in a case of harassment should bans/deadminning happen?

Do you think discriminatory/offensive jokes are okay ingame/discord?

We have some more easily offended players and admins as with any community, what will you do when they push for people to get reprimanded because they are offended?

BeeSting12
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Harassment / offensive humor

Postby BeeSting12 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:46 pm #435275

Aggressive behavior or intimidation of another community member.

After the player has asked them to stop and they haven't, admins have asked them to stop, and they haven't, bans and deadminning need to happen. For an admin, standards are higher, and if he continues after asked to stop by the player, that should be a deadminning.

Yes, as long as it doesn't come to the point of spamming it or targetting other players after they've asked him to stop. There is a block feature for ingame's OOC, the forums, and discord. Use it. You can ignore the person if they're ingame.

We have some more easily offended players and admins as with any community, what will you do when they push for people to get reprimanded because they are offended?
Tell them to use the block button.
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:22 pm #435290

I have to agree with beesting here to be honest. That's the most reasonable way to deal with things without falling into a black hole of tone-policing.

We have a certain culture and not everyone is suited to the bantz. People's feelings matter, but we can't shape a whole community around the few who are susceptible to being insulted.

Omni Tears

Spoiler:

Shezza

Byond Username: Wilchen

Postby Shezza » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:12 pm #437715

Constant aggresive behaviour of a person or a group towards a person or a group.

There isn't a obvious line for every type of harrasement, however if i were to provide a imaginary example it would be something like repeated harrasement of a player/admin with warnings not to do it.

If its not overdone ingame, as for discord blocking a person is also a option.

Assure them that they're being heard, feeling that your complaints are falling on deaf ears is something I want to avoid happenning to players.
Last edited by PKPenguin321 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: screenshot removed by request of the bwoinked person

wubli
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Wubli

Postby wubli » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:52 am #437768

Same as Beesting and Shezza honestly. I don't have much to add.

Metagruding in-game, either as players or admins. While I'd also suggest blocking the person -if it happened outside of the game-, I'd much rather we didn't make players block admins because they won't stop harassing them. I honestly expect admins to not do things like that.

Banter is fine. The moment you start targetting a person and constantly annoying them, it's not okay. If you go out of your way to specifically bother a player, you'll be told to knock it off.
I personally don't like those jokes but I have no intention of pushing my own agenda onto players or admins, but this does not mean I cannot ask them as a friend to stop them -and that they must do it because of my hypothetical power-.

Analyze the case. Sometimes people are told they're too "thin-skinned" instead of even considering the person they're complaining about is a dick - as well as sometimes, they overreact to banter. I hang around in both english-speaking and latinamerican gaming communities that have got me used to the usual slurs and stuff, which doesn't mean that I condone them, I've just learned to ignore them or laugh. I wouldn't ban you for calling me a spic, I'd tell you to eat a dick, but I'd much rather if you didn't follow me around in-game yelling it or made multiple discord accounts to keep doing it.

;tldr most offensive humor is edgy for me but i have no intentions to stop it unless it targets specific players and blocking isn't enough for them to stop it
part time admin ♡ full time e̸̷͘l̕͝d̕r̛͘͢͟͡i҉҉t́͟͠c̷͝h̸̡͠ ̀̕͟ą͘͘͠b҉̕͠ò̸̡͢͞m̸̀̕͜͡i͞ǹ̕͟͞͝ą̸͘͟͞t͘͢͜i͏̵̛́͝ó̡͢ń̀͘͘
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i'm here to try

Return to Archived/Deleted