[Deleted] Rustledjimm - The Second Rustling- no longer running

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Rustledjimm

Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Rustledjimm - The Second Rustling- no longer running

Postby Rustledjimm » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:57 pm #435507

Spoiler:
So I am going to be running in this election. I'm not one for long-winded posts so I'll try to keep this short and sweet and as always I'm happy to answer any questions that may arise.

In this previous term I have tried to the best of my ability to keep the administration team to a high standard and quality. Though I have only candidated one person I have trained quite a few admins that others candidated. I also had a hand in setting up some guidelines for training at the start of my term and will continue trying to smooth out the process of training. For the past month I have been conducting an internal review of many admin practices, even if I do not gain headmin I will continue pushing for this general review and for the results to be posted publicly for the community to discuss. This review not only looks at the way we communicate internally and with players via discord etc. but also a review of a few older practices that were never fully codified (blacklist usage etc.). While the administration team is in a very good place it does not come without it's disagreements, I have tried to mediate these when they arise and be a voice of reason for people to sit down together and talk problems out.

I've also been very communicative with other servers, much like how the admin team has never been in a better place our cooperation with other servers has also rarely been in such a good position as it is now. Not only did we have an admin exchange with Paradise but we also enjoy a very healthy relationship with goon and yog etc. I certainly do not take sole credit for this however as Citrus has also been instrumental in the creating of these bridges among our community.

The reason I'm going into what I've done this term so much is because I plan do continue doing what I think is best for the community and the server as a whole, this is what I've always strived for. Not just for myself or the admin team but the entire community.

I will continue
1. making admin quality even higher
2. working more closely with other servers
3. The admin review and make results public and discussed among the community for further tweaks and changes to be made
4. more events like the ball and charity event, hopefully working with stickymayhem in making the events process more structured.
5. to keep working with the community on roleplay standards and policy
6. building up DMCA and helping to create a fully functioning server as I believe an open source CM doesn't just have a demand but it will also improve the wider community which is beneficial to /tg/

My term certainly was far from flawless, I made mistakes and I learnt from them. It's no secret I am good friends with Citrus and working with him this term has been a great help but I can't ignore that adminbus as a whole has been very good this term and they, along with the players, made this an enjoyable experience for me. One which I hope to continue as a Headmin.

As I respond to candidate debates I will be posting the answers here. Feel free to ask me anything here and you can always PM me on discord.

Candidate Debate responses
[spoiler]DMCA thread
Who would you deadmin?
Antag Rep
Admin Trainers and Candidates
config changes
punishment roles
blacklist policy
Discord Use

Due to recent events with my health I'm unsure if I can really give enough time to this. Thank you everyone who supported me. I will continue my headmin duties until the 15th but I am no longer running in this election. Maybe I'll run in the future when my health is better.
Last edited by Rustledjimm on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: Rustledjimm - The Second Rustling

Postby CitrusGender » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:01 pm #435510

Rustled loves this server and he's continued to love this server during his time here. He's stuck with it during thick and thin and he was the main person who helped me through all of the hardships that happened this term. Even when times were tough, he was my co-headmin who stuck with me during the transition and he didn't leave just because shit got hard. I couldn't have asked for a better friend/co-worker. He literarly slept on the keyboard one night just because of the amount of effort he put into the server.

If there's one person who is tried and tested to have been there for me during this entire term, it would be him. I wholeheartedly know he'd do well as headmin again.
thanks to ninjanomnom for making my signature

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:02 pm #435511

You've been great and I'd have no problem working with you either as headmin or game master, but you've experienced the problem of second-term burnout first-hand. Do you have it in you to go another 6 months and how do you plan to stay sane and active for twice as long as most headmins can manage?

Rustledjimm

Postby Rustledjimm » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:08 pm #435514

Stickymayhem wrote:You've been great and I'd have no problem working with you either as headmin or game master, but you've experienced the problem of second-term burnout first-hand. Do you have it in you to go another 6 months and how do you plan to stay sane and active for twice as long as most headmins can manage?

I would say I'm probably the headmin who was least affected by burn-out this term (bar owegno who has come in halfway through the term). While I in no way mean for that to reflect badly on Citrus because he has pulled through many, many times for this server I think I can certainly keep going another 6 months. I wouldn't be putting myself up for candidacy if I had any doubts about potential burn-out. I love this server and I want to keep contributing back to it.

Though this ckey is just over a year old not many of you may know I've been playing ss13 since 2009. I have played on /tg/ since 2013. I have seen this game transform and evolve, going from strength to strength. I have a love for this game and a love for this server.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:12 pm #435515

Rustledjimm wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:You've been great and I'd have no problem working with you either as headmin or game master, but you've experienced the problem of second-term burnout first-hand. Do you have it in you to go another 6 months and how do you plan to stay sane and active for twice as long as most headmins can manage?

I would say I'm probably the headmin who was least affected by burn-out this term (bar owegno who has come in halfway through the term). While I in no way mean for that to reflect badly on Citrus because he has pulled through many, many times for this server I think I can certainly keep going another 6 months. I wouldn't be putting myself up for candidacy if I had any doubts about potential burn-out. I love this server and I want to keep contributing back to it.

Though this ckey is just over a year old not many of you may know I've been playing ss13 since 2009. I have played on /tg/ since 2013. I have seen this game transform and evolve, going from strength to strength. I have a love for this game and a love for this server.

Fair enough. I genuinely think you deserve some time off but if you can handle it that's fine. Even if you don't get another run at headmin, I'd really like to see you continuing to head up the DMCA project. I think a dedicated person in charge of that would be the ideal way to give it the attention it deserves and you'd be perfect for it.

Mickyan
Github User

Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Postby Mickyan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:04 pm #435529

Aren't you the one that disabled mood without telling anyone

So your post in the config changes thread has me confused. Are you trying to sweep that under the rug or why should we take your word that you're not going to do the same thing again?
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.

Rustledjimm

Postby Rustledjimm » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:54 pm #435539

Moodlets were voted on and discussed at length. There was no attempt to sweep under the rug that moodlets were strongly in question as to their place in /tg/. That was earlier in my term and I certainly could've communicated it better when I actually made the switch to turn them off but it was far from just my decision.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:

Mickyan
Github User

Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Postby Mickyan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:42 pm #435553

Rustledjimm wrote:I certainly could've communicated it better when I actually made the switch to turn them off but it was far from just my decision.

Seems a bit of an understatement since allegedly at the time even other headmins didn't know about any sort of official decision being made about it but if you stand by the way it was handled I guess I got my answer
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.

subject217
Github User

Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Postby subject217 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:03 pm #435580

Rustledjimm wrote:I certainly could've communicated it better

This applies to roughly half the things you did during your headmin term. How are you going to improve your communication to admins and players alike in your second term?
thankfully former admin
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20553

Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: STP

Postby Sometinyprick » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:22 pm #435615

Would prefer if we just kept the current headmin team, feel rustled and citrus have done a good job working together and are able to actually get things done.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me

subject217
Github User

Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Postby subject217 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:15 pm #435633

Rustledjimm wrote:1. making admin quality even higher

Can you elaborate on exactly what you mean by this? What determines admin quality? Is it how they act in-game? Is it how they act in adminbus? Is it how active they are? Is it something else entirely?
thankfully former admin
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20553

Just L

Byond Username: Just L

Postby Just L » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:22 pm #435638

First post on the forum here, cause I never really bothered with the forums until I got into the discord.
Been a /tg/ player for a couple of years now, I did take a break for a while but I came back around the same time Rustled was a headmin. Between that and how he's been handling DMCA, I think he's pretty great. Definitely seems to be more communicative now than he was a while ago, and I am impressed with how he's handled trying to get an entirely new server up and running for us.
So yeah, +1.

Rustledjimm

Postby Rustledjimm » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:08 pm #435643

subject217 wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:I certainly could've communicated it better

This applies to roughly half the things you did during your headmin term. How are you going to improve your communication to admins and players alike in your second term?

Well if you can list half the things I've done this term go ahead. Much like on Citrus' thread you are talking hyperbole with a grain of truth, as usual.

I've made mistakes, I don't deny that, there have been one or two rather high-profile times that information hasn't been shared either to protect someone or out of misguided attempt at kindness. The former frankly I won't apologise for because I felt the threat was real, the latter I have apologised for and I was wrong to do it. I've learnt a lot on my first term as headmin. There are situations you aren't usually put in even as an admin and I've tried to react to them in the way I felt was best for the community. I've not always made the right decisions and I've learnt from those mistakes.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:

Rustledjimm

Postby Rustledjimm » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:11 pm #435644

subject217 wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:1. making admin quality even higher

Can you elaborate on exactly what you mean by this? What determines admin quality? Is it how they act in-game? Is it how they act in adminbus? Is it how active they are? Is it something else entirely?

I mean you must have an idea of what makes a good admin. I believe this term we've raised the bar in certain aspects for the general admin team. Just ask any admin who has been around for a few years. An admins conduct on the server, their rulings, their conduct as an admin (not as a player of course) etc. all play a part. If it's believed you are failing at some part of being an admin you will be talked with as has happened in the past and if no improvement is seen then other steps might need to be taken.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:

BeeSting12
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Postby BeeSting12 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:20 am #435652

yes but where do you see failings in admin quality right now? obviously you think there are some if it can be raised.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))

hows my driving?

Rustledjimm

Postby Rustledjimm » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:32 am #435655

Personally I want to change up how Trialmin Reviews and Admin Feedback is done. I think proper feedback from players is currently the biggest issue for the admin team to grow and become better.

I'd like to make some form of feedback where the person can stay anonymous, this will obviously require tweaking and slight moderation to ensure the anonymous status isn't abused but it's really something I would like to see.

Trialmin reviews I admit I do not have the answer for right now, I'd like to make them more interactive with the playerbase and seem less of a rubber stamp. Of course the worst trialadmins are often weeded out before even reaching their review. I'd like to make this a public discussion and bring the admins and playerbase to discuss it together.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:

Rustledjimm

Re: Rustledjimm - The Second Rustling- no longer running

Postby Rustledjimm » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:55 pm #436141

Updated my OP. I am no longer running.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:

Return to Archived/Deleted