Trial Admin Applications

Resolved.
Stillchr

Trial Admin Applications

Post by Stillchr » #2098

WHOOPS MISCOMMUNICATION THEBIBLEMELTS IS STILL HANDLING THIS

IGNORE THIS, EVERYTHING IS FINE. SITUATION IS UNDER CONTROL. MOVE ON, CITIZENS.

Right, starting up trial admin applications for Sibyl, Basil, and Artyom.

Submit your application on the forums, and make sure it includes these things:

1. Ckey
2. Times you Normaly Play (UTC)
3. Name of a Vouching Admin
4. Your reason to be an Admin

OR

1. be recommended by an admin for a trial period.

I'll try and keep tabs on this thread to see how many people we get. If applications close or we get enough people, this thread will update.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Re: Trial Admin Applications

Post by KingLouisXIV » #2101

BYOND Account: KingLouisXIV

Times Active (UTC): 3 PM - 7 AM

Character Names: Valerie Sinnet / Chester Urizen

Vouching Admin: Pandarsenic

To start out simply, thank you for taking the time to look over my application. I've been playing on /tg/station for a long time now, and through everything it's easily been my favorite server to play on. I love this community, even when they're being grumpy jerks, and I want primarily want to give back somehow.

I believe I'm qualified for the position in several aspects, having prior experience being administration of game servers, very good writing skills and a creative aspect and a patient, fair disposition to conflict resolution. I also have a lot of time on my hands and currently no pressing obligations like schooling or employment in real life, (Not for a lack of care or need, medical condition) and I can be online in early or late CST/CDT, where I've personally noticed gaps in admin coverage.

As for experience in the past, I've served as an admin on a Half-Life 2 roleplaying server, back before the days and popularization of Garry's Mod. It was run on the Deathmatch client, convoluted and there were plenty of griefers to deal with, since the server didn't run with a password. In addition but less noteworthy, I've moderated for a Team Fortress 2 server as well, where a certain attitude was expected and enforced only if people went out of their way to complain about it. I've had to explain and defend my decisions in both, held events, and have always been viewed as a positive influence in the communities I've joined.

As for Space Station 13 itself, I've clocked countless hours into the game. I know what flies and what doesn't, I know how things work, and I've even messed around rudimentary behind the scenes in my own private server. I've seen and understand how most of the admin panels work and what's all there. As much as I'm in this for the fun and to give that fun to others, I understand the responsibility that goes with it as well. I've seen how pulling logs works, and I've experienced enough escalation, fights, metagrudging, metafriending and just plain old awkward moments to know the difference and believe I could make a wise decision in each.

In addition, I've recently become a forum moderator over the SS13 General sections of these new forums. I would be willing to also help moderate the For No Reason! section of the forums if both selected for the position and allowed by forum administration to do so.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to look over my application. If you have any questions for me or want something in my application expanded upon, the best ways to reach me is on Steam at http://steamcommunity.com/id/kinglouisxiv, the BYOND pager, or a PM on the forums, in that order. Thanks!