[Deleted] Dynamic.

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Tarchonvaagh

Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Dynamic.

Postby Tarchonvaagh » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:19 pm #544720

What are your personal feelings towards dynamic?
Can you imagine it being ran on the "rp" server(s)?
Could it replace secret by any chance, being a lot more engaging and adjustable?
"You cannot defeat what lives on in the heart, and soul, of every TG player" - Birdboat
Leave thought-provoking posts at my thread!

Boris
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Re: Dynamic.

Postby Boris » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:26 pm #544724

It's fantastic and I love it.
With some fucking around with the settings, yes.
I sure as hell hope so.
The nerd that plays Tam and Amanda Lin

Call me a bad admin here.

Naloac
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Naloac

Postby Naloac » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:33 pm #544732

ive talked alot with the two people who worked alot on dynamic and have a decent idea how it works. So yes I fully think and believe that dynamic can work on all of our servers on a perma basis with possibly some config changes for the RP servers.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24032
The best goddamn Comment on my youtube videos.

peoplearestrange

Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Postby peoplearestrange » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:35 pm #544733

I think of Dynamic as a "director" in games like L4D, its there to artificially create bouts of mayhem and panic with slows of tension and breathing room. This makes it absolutely ideal for the LRP servers as it makes things exciting with out much direct admin input. However it isn't capable of responding to anything input wise and doesn't adapt on the fly.
Given we've already had to trim out some of the game modes from dynamic for the MRP servers I don't thing its a particularly useful tool for MRP. I'm certainly not in favour of removing it from there however, but I do think its a tool that expertly crafts LRP rounds, not MRP ones.
With this said I am only basing it on its current state. I think TCEO is a wizard with the code and I'm interested in seeing where they take it as a personal thing.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...

Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box

TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Twaticus

Postby TWATICUS » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:01 am #544987

Tarchonvaagh wrote:What are your personal feelings towards dynamic?

I love dynamic.

Tarchonvaagh wrote:Can you imagine it being ran on the "rp" server(s)?

I think so but I'd like to poll the MRP server(s) to get their opinion on it first.

Tarchonvaagh wrote:Could it replace secret by any chance, being a lot more engaging and adjustable?

Absolutely. Dynamic is the future of spessmen.
Last edited by TWATICUS on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:20 am #544996

I love dynamic, it helps to break the mold people tended to fall into where there were optimal paths they'd choose to deal with a certain antagonist type.

Its going to need some tweaking for MRP servers, likely including some kind of vote once the actual parameters for it are agreed upon by headmins. Just as it had benefits on regular servers, I think it will bring benefits to MRP ones.

I wouldn't like secret to be completely removed, since I sometimes just like solid rounds with a singular type of threat. Essentially, an antagonistic force with slightly less chaos than dynamic is something I sometimes will prefer based on my mood.

deedubya
Confined to the shed

Byond Username: Deedubya

Postby deedubya » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:39 am #545022

I enjoy dynamic, in small doses.
I think it has a place in the MRP servers as a part of the secret rotation.
Absolutely not. I think the wild combinations that dynamic is capable of should not become the norm on anything other than LRP servers. As above, I feel it's best served as a possibility of the secret rotation in MRP.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

RaveRadbury
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Postby RaveRadbury » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:05 am #545055

What are your personal feelings towards dynamic?
  • It is chaotic and in further need of adjustment. Some things are still not working as intended. Also extended can make it difficult to do big/spontaneous admeme things without upstaging antags.
  • I can, we'll need the "rp" servers to stabilize and get everyone feeling a baseline for it before we try and put dynamic tests on it. There will need to be an MRP config. It will likely take several adjustments to work. We need MRP to stabilize otherwise we'll be adjusting for something that's still in flux and that will complicate everything.
Could it replace secret by any chance, being a lot more engaging and adjustable?
  • Possibly, we'll still have to playtest new gamemodes individually so that might cause some dissonance if the playerbase loses the expectation of individual game modes. I think if we could add some sort of switch that admins could hit to pause any new stuff from starting so they can start freestyling, that would really strengthen the case for replacing secret.
How's my administrating? Call 1-800-RADBURY
ImageImageImage
Heart Emoji ~ Winter Ball Queen 2019

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Arianya

Postby Arianya » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:46 pm #545677

Tarchonvaagh wrote:What are your personal feelings towards dynamic?

I like the concept of dynamic, and it's an interesting implementation. That said, I have some concerns about the fact that it mixes and matches modes that are not really intended to be mixed and matched. The most obvious example being traitors and revs - the traitors (who often have hijack or escape objectives) often end up subsumed into revs simply because they can't leave on the shuttle and the revs dominate the station, one way or another.

In current state, no. With modified options? Maybe.

There are options that can be tweaked on it, per what others have said, but I'm not confident enough in knowing enough about it to say "yes it could definitely replace secret" - there is potential however.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

Plapatin
In-Game Game Master

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Byond Username: Plapatin

Postby Plapatin » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:55 pm #545683

Boris wrote:It's fantastic and I love it.
I sure as hell hope so.
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Arianya

Postby Arianya » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:06 am #545707

Plapatin wrote:
Boris wrote:It's fantastic and I love it.
I sure as hell hope so.

Out of curiosity, what are the "problems" secret has that you think are solved by dynamic? (either one of you)
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

angelstarri

Byond Username: Angelstarri

Postby angelstarri » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:09 am #545718

I really like the Dynamic game mode. I believe that with certain adjustments to several antagonist types, as mentioned in my head administrator campaign thread, it should absolutely replace the secret game mode.
Code: Select all
I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.

capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Postby capn_monkeypaw » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:46 pm #546740

I like dynamic when it's in rotation with other game modes, not so much when it's the only thing going and all of the players know that to be the case.

Return to Archived/Deleted