Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Twaticus

TWAT 2020

Postby TWATICUS » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:30 pm #544832

Hi. I play Hanna Tireman on Basil, Terry, and Event Hall
Been playing since 2016/2017 and an admin since mid 2019.
My interest in running is entirely for the players because I love this community and I think I can lead it in the right direction.

Actual Playing Headmin:
The "joke" that headmins don't play has run its course. I've constantly been near the top of most admin connections since I've became
one and I have no doubts I'll be on top for candidate connections once that's available. I play regularly on multiple servers and have
a flexible enough schedule to play during drastically different times of the day.
The reason this is important to mention is because I feel that I am in tune with the game and the players as a whole, and the amount I play shows this.

Banbots:
My biggest issue by far is the heavy handed approach to notes/bans. Admins should be there to make sure things run smoothly and quell
blatant grief, not hunt down and note for every minor rulebreak. We should focus on the spirit of the rules instead of following them
to a T. I feel that it would be best for admins to take a few steps back before noting/banning and really consider if its necessary.
I also encourage notes to be timed instead of permanent.

Community Events:
The seasonal events are always fun for getting all the players from other servers together and taking a break from the normal
game for a few hours. I would love to see even more events, and a return of the Battle Royale.
I would also like to expand the mapper channel/mapper role and open it up to more of the community to see who would be interested in helping and
contributing in future events.

2 2 2:
My ideal server setup,
  • US/EU Dynamic (Basil/Terry)
    • Dynamic breathes new life into the game and I will support it 100% as the default gamemode.
  • US/EU MRP (Sybil/Manuel)
    • A decent size of the playerbase has shown they want this type of gameplay and its only fair that US/EU gets their respective MRP servers.
  • US/EU Pubby (EventHall/Sybil2)
    • New players are essential for keeping the game alive and prevents the game from becoming stagnant. They should also have US/EU servers available.
I would like event hall/sybil2 to be given real names, and if event hall is too set in stone then at the very least renaming sybil2.
Also very open to the idea of temporarily putting other servers on the hub when their pop shows consistent low numbers.

Candidate Debate Questions:
Spoiler:
What are your personal feelings towards dynamic?
I love dynamic.

Can you imagine it being ran on the "rp" server(s)?
I think so but I'd like to poll the MRP server(s) to get their opinion on it first.

Could it replace secret by any chance, being a lot more engaging and adjustable?
Absolutely. Dynamic is the future of spessmen.

Would you bring back ban requests? why or why not?
Negative. As entertaining as it could be its just drama bait and encourages retroactive bans which im not a fan of.

Burnout, How do you plan for this to not happen to you?
ill keep doing what im doing because its worked out fine so far. not going to stress about a burnout that may or may not happen and i have no doubts ill be able to finish my term.

Naming Policy, Too strict? Not strict enough? Too vague? Overly specific?
Too strict

Are real-life people/cultural references OK?
Depends. We dont need Adolf Hitler running around but i dont mind Kanye West

Do shitty names make you valid?
No

What if someone's been using the same name for years?
They should be allowed

Is Manuel different?
Yes. Manuel should have real names without referencing real people.

Where do all of the candidates stand on the topic of restricting language?
Ive always been on the side of not telling people what they can and cant say IC, OOC, discord or otherwise. I think harassment is an entirely different issue but needs to be talked about regarding this subject. Saying slurs in a public chat where someone who could be offended by it can see it doesn't make it harassment, but constantly going out of your way to antagonize someone because you know they're offended by it does.

What do you feel that past administrations have generally done wrong, and how do you feel you can overcome it?
I dont have any specific instances but rather a general notion about the role that i think everyone has gotten wrong. I feel headmins always end up focusing solely on the newest hot topic when they should instead be looking at the bigger picture and what they want their end goal to be. Of course something that everyone is riled up about needs to get addressed, but i think the plans that headmins originally have get overshadowed and end up fading out over time to never get fully implemented. My plan is to try and stay focused on my changes to make a good and lasting impact on the server.

In brief, why are you a good choice?
I think I'll be the correct choice because at the end of the day, I will always be a player before anything else and my goal is to keep the game as enjoyable as possible for us.

What are your defining features?
I think I'm a generally chill person and easy to talk to but I'm also not afraid to be blunt and say what needs to be said in order to get things done, regardless of how it might upset some people.

What makes you different/special?
I have a pretty thick skin so I'll be able to take the shit that gets thrown at me. I also have no problems admitting when I'm wrong about something which i don't see often enough.

Do you feel that admins are afraid?(Regarding giving bans that will end in frustrating appeals)
Uh no not at all. If you're making valid and necessary bans then you shouldn't be afraid to defend it. If anything its your subconscious telling you its a shit ban and people will know its a shit ban.

Meme viruses.
Absolutely in favor of bringing back meme cosmetic viruses, they shouldn't have been made bannable in the first place. Let the players handle it IC.

Last edited by TWATICUS on Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: TWAT 2020

Postby Armhulen » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:33 pm #544833

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

TheMythicGhost

Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Postby TheMythicGhost » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:40 pm #544836

Definitely have my support for sure, but a few questions regarding your platform.

-Why the planned conversion of Sybil into MRP2, wasn't Sybil2 supposed to fill this role?

-What are some examples of being too heavy handed in terms of administrative conduct, and how do you plan on addressing this concern if it deals with people you may have vested interests in?

I don't really have any more questions on your platform as this was what was presented.
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she

deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.

Naloac
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Naloac

Postby Naloac » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:45 pm #544839

Having Head jannies who actually play actively would be truly blessed. Do you think being a headmin will ruin the fun for you?
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24032
The best goddamn Comment on my youtube videos.

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:48 pm #544842

Banbots:
My biggest issue by far is the heavy handed approach to notes/bans. Admins should be there to make sure things run smoothly and quell
blatant grief, not hunt down and note for every minor rulebreak. We should focus on the spirit of the rules instead of following them
to a T.

thank baby jesus someone who gets it, i'm gonna kiss you on the fucking mouth twaticus

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Arianya

Postby Arianya » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:51 pm #544847

TWATICUS wrote:Actual Playing Headmin:
The "joke" that headmins don't play has run its course. I've constantly been near the top of most admin connections since I've became
one and I have no doubts I'll be on top for candidate connections once that's available. I play regularly on multiple servers and have
a flexible enough schedule to play during drastically different times of the day.
The reason this is important to mention is because I feel that I am in tune with the game and the players as a whole, and the amount I play shows this.

To be clear, the joke is a joke because it has it's seed in truth. Even candidates with "near the top connection numbers" at the very least end up taking a steep cut into their playtime. This isn't to say "you won't play at all anymore if you win" but I would urge you to hold a certain amount of self-awareness in that you are not unique - your activity levels are admirable and definitely bode well but don't think you will transition from Game Admin to Headmin without taking a severe dip in activity levels, sooner or later.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

Qbopper

Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Postby Qbopper » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:59 pm #544861

Arianya wrote:To be clear, the joke is a joke because it has it's seed in truth. Even candidates with "near the top connection numbers" at the very least end up taking a steep cut into their playtime. This isn't to say "you won't play at all anymore if you win" but I would urge you to hold a certain amount of self-awareness in that you are not unique - your activity levels are admirable and definitely bode well but don't think you will transition from Game Admin to Headmin without taking a severe dip in activity levels, sooner or later.

ty

it's played out as a joke because it's true, the amount of shit you have to do as a headmin increases and the odds of anyone going full NEET to both play/admin AND be a head admin at the same time strikes me as unlikely
Limey wrote:its too late.

Plapatin
In-Game Game Master

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Byond Username: Plapatin

Postby Plapatin » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:24 pm #544881

manuel is hosted on the sybil box. if you wanted an eu roleplaying server as outlined in your 2/2/2 plan, would you turn terry or event hall into the roleplaying server?
also bear in mind that although it may still be in your platform (and others), at time of writing the current headmin team still has full intentions to get the EU roleplaying server set up.
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine

TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Postby TribeOfBeavers » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:45 pm #544896

You mention more community events, how do you intend to encourage more of these?

Up until now Citrus has put a lot of work into setting most of them up and managing them and running them, are you planning on taking over that role?

Do you have any ideas for them beyond the battle royale?

Re: banbots
How do you intend to make the spirit of the rules more clear to new players? A new player can't read the rules and know that one isn't enforced as written
How do you intend to enforce this idea among the admin team? There are differing opinions on the spirit of the rules and what's a noteable/bannable offence. What will you do if an admin has a differing idea to what a rule means than you and enforces it as such while still being within the wording of the rule?

skoglol
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Postby skoglol » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:57 pm #544908

Plapatin wrote:manuel is hosted on the sybil box. if you wanted an eu roleplaying server as outlined in your 2/2/2 plan, would you turn terry or event hall into the roleplaying server?

Wouldnt be 3 eu and 3 us if the eu box still had only 2 servers.

Plapatin
In-Game Game Master

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby Plapatin » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:00 pm #544910

we have 4 us and 2 eu iirc
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine

oranges
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Postby oranges » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:03 pm #544911

2 physical servers
3 virtual machines (2 us, 1eu)
6 servers, two to a machine

Eu hall, terry

sybil, manuel

basil, sybil2 (aka us hall)

Tlaltecuhtli

Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Postby Tlaltecuhtli » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:05 pm #544915

finally a candidate who dares to challege the rogue banbots

Lazengann
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Lazengann

Postby Lazengann » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:08 pm #544919

Are you still good friends with a bunch of doxxers? And if so, how would you justify holding a position with additional access to people's personal information while associating yourself with them? Isn't that like a cop hanging out with drug dealers? Thanks in advance

deedubya
Confined to the shed

Byond Username: Deedubya

Postby deedubya » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:10 pm #544921

Honestly, if I wasn't running, you'd have my vote. I can't really find anything to disagree with in your platform or your activity.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Tarchonvaagh

Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Postby Tarchonvaagh » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:14 pm #544924

very nice, can't decide between her and naloac aaaaaaaaaa
"You cannot defeat what lives on in the heart, and soul, of every TG player" - Birdboat
Leave thought-provoking posts at my thread!

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:19 pm #544927

Tarchonvaagh wrote:very nice, can't decide between her and naloac aaaaaaaaaa

you can vote for both friend

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

gum disease
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Postby gum disease » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:57 pm #544949

Based.

My top choice. Rooting for you, Hwanna!
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.

skoglol
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Postby skoglol » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:08 pm #544952

Plapatin wrote:we have 4 us and 2 eu iirc

Yes, but thats not what the OP is basing it on. It says 3/3, and you are making it an argument about 4/2 without adding any background on why you are doing so.

Plapatin
In-Game Game Master

Postby Plapatin » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:10 pm #544953

i believe there's been a miscommunication somehwere. i was responding with the assumption that no servers would be changed (outside of how they're enforced).

TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master

Postby TWATICUS » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:15 pm #544957

Plapatin wrote:manuel is hosted on the sybil box. if you wanted an eu roleplaying server as outlined in your 2/2/2 plan, would you turn terry or event hall into the roleplaying server?
also bear in mind that although it may still be in your platform (and others), at time of writing the current headmin team still has full intentions to get the EU roleplaying server set up.

Ideally i would like to change sybil to the US MRP server and make a new server on the EU box renamed to manuel(removing the current manuel server). But i can honestly say im not sure how realistic this idea is since im not sure how complicated/willing MSO is to change the servers around like so. Either way, if the EU MRP servers are handled this term then i can change my ideas to work around whatever the outcome is.

TheMythicGhost wrote: the planned conversion of Sybil into MRP2, wasn't Sybil2 supposed to fill this role?

same as above. i'll have to see what the final server setup is before next term starts and change my plans to work with it.

TheMythicGhost wrote:What are some examples of being too heavy handed in terms of administrative conduct

The situation that immediately comes to mind is one where a clown car had taken almost the entire station hostage. A non antag said they had a bomb they could use. Everyone in the car cheered him on. He blows the bomb. Everyone died and deadchat was filled with people laughing about it. I cant recall a single complaint about dying and we were told after that nobody had ahelped about it either. They were given a ban anyway because, "rules are rules". This need to ban goes against the spirit of the game in my opinion.

TheMythicGhost wrote:how do you plan on addressing this concern if it deals with people you may have vested interests in?

If there comes a situation where i cant be unbias regarding a persons involvement, i fully intend on showing the other mins my take on the situation and letting them handle the rest.

Arianya/Qbopper wrote:snip

Not denying its a very real thing that happens, I'm just hoping i can overcome it. At best i balance playing and headmining. At worst i burn out of playing and up as every other headmin.

Naloac wrote:Do you think being a headmin will ruin the fun for you?

I sincerely hope not.

TribeOfBeavers wrote:You mention more community events, how do you intend to encourage more of these?

I'd like to discuss with mapper-bus and see if they have any ideas for events theyve want to try and open it up to more people to join. Theres plenty of talented people who do/have done ingame events in the past. I can only assume theres more people that would like to try who havent gotten the chance to yet.

TribeOfBeavers wrote:Up until now Citrus has put a lot of work into setting most of them up and managing them and running them, are you planning on taking over that role?

Citrus has done an amazing job at running all these events, i dont plan i taking it over at all.

TribeOfBeavers wrote:Do you have any ideas for them beyond the battle royale?

For one i would love to have the talent show from the winter ball as its own event. i know marathon hasnt usually been an official event but i'd like to see how that would work as one.

TribeOfBeavers wrote:How do you intend to make the spirit of the rules more clear to new players? A new player can't read the rules and know that one isn't enforced as written

The rules will still be the rules, its more about how admins approach the situation.

TribeOfBeavers wrote:How do you intend to enforce this idea among the admin team? There are differing opinions on the spirit of the rules and what's a noteable/bannable offence.

I'd like to encourage it when questions come up in bus on how to handle certain situations and to have it be something talked about during candidacy training. To use the story i mentioned earlier in this post, where a non antag blew up the clown car after being encouraged by everyone trapped inside to do it, yet they were still banned for it. Bans should be benefiting the server as a whole. If what someone did was technically against the rules but it ended it a more enjoyable experience, then i dont feel a punishment in needed.

TribeOfBeavers wrote:What will you do if an admin has a differing idea to what a rule means than you and enforces it as such while still being within the wording of the rule?

All depends on the situation but i would try to explain if/why i think following the spirit rather than the direct rules would be better for all parties in the situation and hopefully come to a consensus. I feel it would be most effective in future admin trainings.

TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master

Postby TWATICUS » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:25 pm #544961

Lazengann wrote:Are you still good friends with a bunch of doxxers?

I can only assume this is some nervere/shezza bait. If by 'good friends' you mean occasionally play a game with them along with half the other people in this thread then sure.

Lazengann
In-Game Admin

Postby Lazengann » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:28 pm #544962

can you quit wasting my time by acting like you don't know what i'm talking about

i'm talking about the man with the photoshopped forearms and the security fetish, you're in that crowd

Nervere

Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Postby Nervere » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:35 pm #544964

>noooo you can't be in a mutual discord server with jmad, that means you're a doxer!!
What's your major malfunction, Laz?
Not only were you in that same server (proof):

...you also semi-frequently play L4D2 with him and the rest of us.
In fact, you were in that server up until a few days ago when the headmins pressured you to leave.
Is this some sort of virtue signalling?

Lazengann
In-Game Admin

Postby Lazengann » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:41 pm #544967

i dont think i've ever played a game with jmad, I think my only interactions with him were asking for pictures of his body and getting sent a picture of a forearm that I suspect was doctored

it's the closeness of the relationship that would be inappropriate, and if you're going to claim I have the same level of friendship as Twat does you are sorely mistaken, Twat has a good personality and many friends, while anyone accusing me of having friends is clearly doing it in bad faith

Nervere

Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Postby Nervere » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:42 pm #544969

I distinctly recall you saying in adminbus that you didn't think he was so bad anymore after you played a game or two with him. It was either L4D2 or RoR2. Pretty sure it was L4D2 though.

Lazengann
In-Game Admin

Postby Lazengann » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:44 pm #544972

nah that was shezza

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:05 am.
Reason: this thread isn't about laz
View this post

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:05 am.
Reason: this thread isn't about laz
View this post

oranges
Code Maintainer

Postby oranges » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:10 am #544993

Hmm I can't delete posts but this was noteworthy

TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master

Postby TWATICUS » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:25 pm #545157

terranaut wrote:thank baby jesus someone who gets it, i'm gonna kiss you on the fucking mouth twaticus

Xlyana

Byond Username: Xlyana

Postby Xlyana » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:40 pm #545158

I'm basically an outsider so take this with a grain of salt but along with their activity in-game, they seem to be interacting with everyone through Discord VC and text whenever I give it a look. Twat is probably one of the candidates least likely to be out of touch with the community.

EDIT: Removed question as it was already answered
e

Lazengann
In-Game Admin

Postby Lazengann » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:06 pm #545170

Yeah Twat's cool I like them

peoplearestrange

Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Postby peoplearestrange » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:08 pm #545181

The "joke" of headmins not playing isn't really a joke. As its been previously mentioned headmining takes a lot of time. If you got head which chunk of time would likely take the hit in order to forfil your head roles ?(saying I can mange all equally isn't a realistic approach).

Your stance on "banbots" seems to be conflicted. We have rules written down and these rules are to be followed. Most of the basic rules and definatly the MRP rules are there in place to allow the game to work as well as it does. If people cannot follow these quite basic rules, why shouldn't the receive a note/ban?

Can you give examples of things you believe shouldn't be banned or noted for?

Do you not think adjustment of the rules rather than adjustment of punishment when rules are broken is a stronger more useful approach?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...

Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box

bobbahbrown

Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Postby bobbahbrown » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:41 am #545381

I have known Twaticus to be a down-to-earth player and administrator for as long as I have known them. Without a doubt I believe it is fair to say they don't lose sight of the goal of the administration: to help everyone have a great time. If you want an enjoyable term then I would say that Twaticus should be a solid first place for you, fair voter.

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:19 am.
View this post

TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master

Postby TWATICUS » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:18 am #545462

peoplearestrange wrote:If you got head which chunk of time would likely take the hit in order to forfil your head roles ?(saying I can mange all equally isn't a realistic approach).

I dont think saying i can manage them equally is unrealistic at all. I play the game A LOT though so if anything ill have to cut back on that when things get too busy but i cant see myself stopping playing the game for long periods of time because of it.

peoplearestrange wrote:If people cannot follow these quite basic rules, why shouldn't the receive a note/ban?

I think that just because someone checks the bannable boxes doesnt mean they NEED to be banned. Im not saying dont ban/note people, but to leave it for real damaging offenses instead.

peoplearestrange wrote:Can you give examples of things you believe shouldn't be banned or noted for?

Ill keep using this example because it fits it perfectly, a nonantag who blows up a clown car with everyones approval and kills almost the entire server. Things that leave an overall fun experience even if they technically break rules. Also i dont think people who make genuine tiny mistakes should be noted. Someone accidentally presses 'O' and ick ocks? Does that really need to be noted? No, leave it for people aggressively ick ocking because theyre mad and are hard-headed about it in ahelps.

peoplearestrange wrote:Do you not think adjustment of the rules rather than adjustment of punishment when rules are broken is a stronger more useful approach?

No I dont because i dont have a problem with the rules. I wouldnt mind changing some if i felt it was necessary but thats not what im focused on, My goal is for admins to approach issues from a different perspective. Im not sure how/when this happened but its almost ingrained in the team to encourage and applaud hunting down rulebreakers and in my opinion, its extremely damaging and a terrible way to go about admining. We've lost focus on what it means to be an admin and i want to change that.

peoplearestrange

Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Postby peoplearestrange » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:43 pm #545514

TWATICUS wrote:I dont think saying i can manage them equally is unrealistic at all. I play the game A LOT though so if anything ill have to cut back on that when things get too busy but i cant see myself stopping playing the game for long periods of time because of it.
I think thats people often make this mistake when starting a new hobby, they don't cut down on anything else and ultimately end up either never putting in enough time or doing it half-arsed. But if you say you can cut down other games I can dig that.

TWATICUS wrote:I think that just because someone checks the bannable boxes doesnt mean they NEED to be banned. Im not saying dont ban/note people, but to leave it for real damaging offenses instead.
Here I agree in part, though I feel notes are important for showing patterns of terrible behaviour. Would it not be better to try to change how notes are used in potential bans rather than a lack of notes?

TWATICUS wrote:Ill keep using this example because it fits it perfectly, a nonantag who blows up a clown car with everyones approval and kills almost the entire server. Things that leave an overall fun experience even if they technically break rules. Also i dont think people who make genuine tiny mistakes should be noted. Someone accidentally presses 'O' and ick ocks? Does that really need to be noted? No, leave it for people aggressively ick ocking because theyre mad and are hard-headed about it in ahelps.
I agree the first example shouldn't be noted/banned for at all, particularly if it falls under the "that made me/the server laugh", I'd get behind this if you were head! The second example even if its mistake its fairly easy to write that in a note, but having a note helps recognise when a "mistake" starts happening so regularly that its become an excuse. Without notes do you not think we loose insight and ultimate some admin communication?

TWATICUS wrote:No I dont because i dont have a problem with the rules. I wouldnt mind changing some if i felt it was necessary but thats not what im focused on, My goal is for admins to approach issues from a different perspective. Im not sure how/when this happened but its almost ingrained in the team to encourage and applaud hunting down rulebreakers and in my opinion, its extremely damaging and a terrible way to go about admining. We've lost focus on what it means to be an admin and i want to change that.
Thats fair! I think this is a strong platform to be on. Good luck in your campaign trail.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...

Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box

capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Postby capn_monkeypaw » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:14 pm #545552

TWATICUS wrote:The situation that immediately comes to mind is one where a clown car had taken almost the entire station hostage. A non antag said they had a bomb they could use. Everyone in the car cheered him on. He blows the bomb. Everyone died and deadchat was filled with people laughing about it. I cant recall a single complaint about dying and we were told after that nobody had ahelped about it either. They were given a ban anyway because, "rules are rules". This need to ban goes against the spirit of the game in my opinion.

TWATICUS wrote:Ill keep using this example because it fits it perfectly, a nonantag who blows up a clown car with everyones approval and kills almost the entire server. Things that leave an overall fun experience even if they technically break rules.

I wasn't going to say anything, but it bothers me that you keep highlighting this incident as an example of admin overreach. You're not accurately representing the circumstances surrounding the use of the bomb in question and you're leaving out very important context regarding that player's previous conduct in regards to the use of bombs.

Whether or not current admins are using the ban button too often is a matter for legitimate debate, but I genuinely don't feel that this is a good example upon which to build that argument.

Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Hulkamania

Postby Hulkamania » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:35 am #545704

From my observation you're really big into buying into general "meme" personalities for the joke. "Free x" and "Unban Y" and such. There's nothing wrong with making jokes, but whenever you're in the headmin position people interpret them a lot differently.

Some people may intentionally take you out of context, administrators and players alike can take these comments as final rulings, even if you did not intend for them to be so.

Do you plan to change how you represent yourself in the event that you were elected?

TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master

Postby TWATICUS » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:35 am #545765

capn_monkeypaw wrote:You're not accurately representing the circumstances surrounding the use of the bomb in question and you're leaving out very important context regarding that player's previous conduct in regards to the use of bombs.

How is it not accurate, I watched it happen. I didn't know about his history and i don't care either because its a totally different situation. When 40 people are stuck in a clown car and rooting for them to blow it up and thanking them afterwards, their questionable bombing history shouldn't be a factor. This is why i say just because someone checks all the bannable boxes doesn't mean they need to be banned.

capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Postby capn_monkeypaw » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:08 am #545775

TWATICUS wrote:
capn_monkeypaw wrote:You're not accurately representing the circumstances surrounding the use of the bomb in question and you're leaving out very important context regarding that player's previous conduct in regards to the use of bombs.

How is it not accurate, I watched it happen. I didn't know about his history and i don't care either because its a totally different situation. When 40 people are stuck in a clown car and rooting for them to blow it up and thanking them afterwards, their questionable bombing history shouldn't be a factor. This is why i say just because someone checks all the bannable boxes doesn't mean they need to be banned.

Just because you and your friends found it funny doesn't mean the banning admin made a bad call.

Precisely one person in that clown car told them to use a bomb. (Other people in the car were saying "DO IT" prior to this, telling the clown to drive out an airlock.)

How did the person offering encouragement know that the bomber had a bomb on them in the first place, when the bomber had made no mention of it?

Because this incident was their ninth note or ban about the misuse of bombs and their reputation proceeded them.

They got a 24 hour ban for killing 37 people in their ninth incident of "oh whoops I can't believe that bomb killed everyone."

It ain't exactly a poster child for admin overreach. The fact that you keep harping on it while not knowing the basic facts of the incident - despite observing it - gives me pause.

oranges
Code Maintainer

Postby oranges » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:40 am #545783

this isn't the place to re litigate bans, they've given their opinion, you've had a more than generous chance to post yours. But ultimately, it's not about if their opinion is right or wrong, just what their opinions are, so I'd appreciate if you didn't continue on this topic.

TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master

Postby TWATICUS » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:00 am #545802

Hulkamania wrote:From my observation you're really big into buying into general "meme" personalities for the joke. "Free x" and "Unban Y" and such. There's nothing wrong with making jokes, but whenever you're in the headmin position people interpret them a lot differently.

Some people may intentionally take you out of context, administrators and players alike can take these comments as final rulings, even if you did not intend for them to be so.

Do you plan to change how you represent yourself in the event that you were elected?

Yeah I understand theres going to be a lot more eyes on me and I'll have to be more careful with what I say. IIRC i remember reading a headmin voicing their complains in a hut thread about how they cant make joke posts in the hut without people automatically taking it seriously and how it causes problems. Which as unfortunate as it is, its the truth. I'll definitely need to stray away from jumping on the "free x" jokes since I'd have to oversee the appeal outcome and joking about them would probably leave a bad taste in peoples mouths. At the very least, make it extremely obvious when I'm just shitposting.

capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Postby capn_monkeypaw » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:06 am #545810

oranges wrote:this isn't the place to re litigate bans, they've given their opinion, you've had a more than generous chance to post yours. But ultimately, it's not about if their opinion is right or wrong, just what their opinions are, so I'd appreciate if you didn't continue on this topic.

Point taken. I apologize.

imsxz

Byond Username: Imsxz

Postby imsxz » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:01 pm #545887

What are your opinions on the monkey gamemode? Would you consider adding it back? If not, what changes would you like to see before agreeing that it should be in rotation(if ever)?

What are your views on "revolving door" admins? referencing admins that deadmin/readmin several times.

What are your views on people without admin experience running for headmin?

please subscribe to me on youtube

terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:

Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz

Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.

TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master

Postby TWATICUS » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:44 pm #546040

imsxz wrote:What are your opinions on the monkey gamemode? Would you consider adding it back? If not, what changes would you like to see before agreeing that it should be in rotation(if ever)?

I love monkey mode and running it as an occasional meme to get a really hectic and fun round in. and gives me a valid reason to play donkey kong midis. That being said, it needs a serious overhaul before I'd consider adding it back into rotation. I think it would work best as a mid round ghostrole spawn instead of a standalone gamemode and would need some obvious fixes like having a cure that actually works and tweaking it to work alongside dynamic.

imsxz wrote:What are your views on "revolving door" admins? referencing admins that deadmin/readmin several times.

I guess it would depend on why they were constantly leaving/returning. If they have some real life events going on or need to be gone sporadically thats fine. Plenty of good admins have asked to step down because they've gotten too busy irl and dont feel like they can give their all while admining and they shouldnt be punished or told 'no' to a return because of that. I'd take a caring admin who comes and goes due to irl issues over an afk admin who doesnt know when to throw in the towel. That being said, if the issues stem from drama, community conflicts, and generally not being able to handle the position emotionally, theres a point where its time to stop because youre not only hurting yourself but everyone around you aswell.

imsxz wrote:What are your views on people without admin experience running for headmin?

I like that its even an option. I have no doubts theres players that could make good policies, they'd just be a bit slow on the administrative side of things. It's just most players that run end up being meme candidates which make most people not take the possibility of a player headmin seriously.

lmwevil

Byond Username: Lmwevil

Postby lmwevil » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:48 am #546154

do you have an opinion on squids?

would you support the removal of admins from /tg/?

what do you think about all these replies to ur thread?

TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master

Postby TWATICUS » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:11 pm #546253

lmwevil wrote:do you have an opinion on squids?

I really really like fried calamari if that counts :oops:

lmwevil wrote:would you support the removal of admins from /tg/?

I'm not really sure what this question is asking but if something happened where it would be best for an admin to be removed then yes?

lmwevil wrote:what do you think about all these replies to ur thread?

I didn't expect it at all! I'm really glad to have all this support and that people take me seriously enough to ask me about their concerns

Blurbo

Byond Username: Blurbo

Postby Blurbo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:10 am #546275

vote twat 2020
got my vote : o)
blurbo,professional (more) retard

OH MY GOD ITS ALL CONNECTED, BLURBO IS USING BIP TO POST ORANGES PROPAGANDA AND TURN PEOPLE INTO STRIPESOCKS SO THEY CAN GET FREE CODE LABOR

Next

Return to Archived/Deleted