[Deleted] Water Cooler/slowchat

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Remie Richards

Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe
Byond Username: CrimsonVision

Re: Water Cooler/slowchat

Postby Remie Richards » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:45 pm #81985

Followed, Cheers.
私は完璧

EndgamerAzari

Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:46 pm #82029

Gotta go to this Toastmasters meeting here shortly. Fucking humiliating.

At least it gets me out of work two hours early twice a month.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.

MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Postby THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:58 am #82115

EndgamerAzari wrote:Gotta go to this Toastmasters meeting here shortly. Fucking humiliating.

At least it gets me out of work two hours early twice a month.

I had to google it to make sure it wasn't about the art of roasting bread. But hey don't be so down, you might learn a thing or two.

Fragnostic

Byond Username: Fragnostic

Postby Fragnostic » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:15 am #82117

Think I saw Anon3 at the Walter Scott protest demonstration thing.
Spoiler:

My mistake if that's not him, but you have to at least appreciate the similarity.

Remie Richards

Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Postby Remie Richards » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:16 am #82121

if it isn't him, An0n3 needs to get his shotgun and kill his doppelgänger, There can be only one.
私は完璧

Fragnostic

Byond Username: Fragnostic

Postby Fragnostic » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:08 am #82132

Haha, it really does look just like him.

On a different note, I actually live in Charleston and North Charleston isn't but a few miles away. There are a ton of protestors blocking some of the roads and I'm afraid that all the violence instigators coming from Ferguson are going to propagate violence here. They seem to condone violence, as if they want to start a riot here, too. I sort of have hope for the people of my area being that Southern folk tend to be far too polite as a whole to want to riot over this.

Just the other day, there was a group of protestors walking into an upscale restaurant in our downtown and they started chanting and calling for justice in the middle of the customers' brunch. Seems very disrespectful to interrupt a person's meal, it's just so inappropriate in this setting. It seems like they want to reenact lunch counter sit-ins like civil rights leaders did in the 70s, but the truth is that they are more than welcome to eat there. No one is denying them that right, but they'd like to pretend to be victims. Again, it's mostly out of town Ferguson protestors doing this shit. Like, why?

DemonFiren

Byond Username: DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:24 pm #82176

Somehow, I really wanna see someone make a Lanius plushie. Then buy it.

Because ship-devouring metal men are so cute.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:35 pm #82177

Good God, my joints are killing me. Sunday night it actually hurt to lay down. That's never happened before. Every joint below my waist and above my toes was screaming at me. Today my knees are stiff and achy, though not as bad as they were yesterday. This is what I get for running a mile at 7 mph when I'm really sore from doing it the day before. I'm not exactly cut out for (relatively) high speeds.

And then yesterday my back twinged in a really weird way when I reached for something at my desk. It still hurts occasionally.

It's not like me to say this, but I might be overdoing it. But fuck that, I'm gonna get healthy if it kills me.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"

nsos

Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Postby nsos » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:12 pm #82185

dont end up in snap city bud!!!!

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:17 pm #82187

I don't do a lot of actual lifting, so by the strict Urban Dictionary definition I ain't gonna. I'm just so miserable and tired and I wish I could just go home one evening after work and just enjoy the nice weather instead of heading straight to the gym. But I've got nothing else going for me right now so I just have to keep doing it.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:38 pm #82190

I wonder how well a joint works for aching joints.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:45 pm #82191

Considering that West Virginia has a massive hate-on for weed, I'll never find out. Plus smoking shit really irritates my throat. Got shitty lungs and stuff.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

Wyzack

Byond Username: Wyzack

Postby Wyzack » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:24 pm #82197

Robust dudes vaporise their weed, i have never gone back. Although the initial investment is a little pricey. Here in Canada it might as well be legal
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.

EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:30 pm #82199

Pretty much anything inhaled will fuck up my mucous membranes after a few puffs. Besides, I think the stress of getting the stuff and worrying about getting caught/burning down my apartment building would probably more than negate the benefits.

Ohio's got a ballot measure coming down the pipe to legalize it, but I reeeealllly doubt that's gonna happen.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:31 pm #82256

Sorry for the doublepost but

PROTIP: When hyperventilating, do not go into a restroom where someone is taking the textbook definition of a Fat Shit.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

Remie Richards

Postby Remie Richards » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:25 pm #82338

Maths is freaky

私は完璧

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:35 pm #82342

That made me feel stupid and angry.

So basically that made me feel like I always feel.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

oranges
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Postby oranges » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:26 am #82448

Are you warming up and down before your exercise? it doesn't sound like it, use something like cycling or a rowing machine as they'll support most of your body weight and let you focus on the warmup/warmdown stretching

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:12 pm #82498

On solo days I do a couple minutes of stretches with a resistance band to begin with, and then run for ten minutes afterwards (though that probably doesn't count as a cooldown, as I'm gradually increasing my speed. Up to 7 mph now). We warm up a little more for group classes and use foam rollers afterwards. They supposedly reduce muscle soreness, and they might work, but unfortunately it's not the muscles where I primarily hurt.

On a semi-related tangent, I'm getting sick of people telling me I have to have a cheat day in my diet or I'll "snap and binge". I've been doing this for almost 50 days and haven't gone over my calorie limit once. So apparently 1) I don't need to, and 2) they can go fuck themselves for suggesting that I'm weak-willed.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

ColonicAcid

Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Postby ColonicAcid » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:54 pm #82525

It's just DOMS.
crack is whack but smacks got your back

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:11 pm #82553

Normal muscle soreness I can stand; it's when it feels like tendons in my knees are about to snap that I get nervous.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Postby ThanatosRa » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:59 pm #82573

EndgamerAzari wrote:Normal muscle soreness I can stand; it's when it feels like tendons in my knees are about to snap that I get nervous.

Could deal with my old injury pains. An ankle that swells up and grinds. It's too long to get into, but hey, I got used to it.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am
Thomas Gato - Elderly weirdo.
Chrysanthemum Thorne - Creepy robotics wench.
Rex Eponymous - The Classic

PostThis post was deleted by Remie Richards on Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:25 am.
Reason: stupid double clicking fucking mouse yet again
View this post

Remie Richards

Postby Remie Richards » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:25 am #82597

Here I am, at 05:24 in the morning, crying over an Anime.
They're about the only things that can actually get me to cry anymore.
I'm numb to everything else.
私は完璧

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Postby THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:27 am #82598

Remie Richards wrote:Here I am, at 05:24 in the morning, crying over an Anime.

You watched the 3rd Tenchi Muyo OVA too?

PostThis post was deleted by Remie Richards on Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:29 am.
Reason: Man my mouse really is fucking up today, more than usual
View this post

Remie Richards

Postby Remie Richards » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:28 am #82599

No, the entirety of Death parade, only 4 hours total.
私は完璧

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:28 pm #82621

Met with a psychiatrist today. Nice guy. I'm stopping my current meds and going on Prozac, and starting therapy next month. Should be fun.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

nsos

Postby nsos » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:47 pm #82623

the barista at this coffee shop has a really scary looking face tat but i'm fine about it because she makes iced coffee with frozen coffee cubes instead of ice cubes and that's pretty dope

nsos

Postby nsos » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:48 pm #82624

do people who work at non-starbucks coffee places tolerate being called baristas

DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:53 pm #82626

I don't know. I've never been to a coffee place.
Even at Starbucks I ordered hot chocolate.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:58 pm #82627

I think it is a requirement that every Chipotle must have at least one employee with gauged ears working at all times.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

Nienhaus

Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Postby Nienhaus » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:07 pm #82642

EndgamerAzari wrote:Met with a psychiatrist today. Nice guy. I'm stopping my current meds and going on Prozac, and starting therapy next month. Should be fun.

I took Prozac for a bit, it made me like a zombie so it had to get changed quick.
Hey.

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:25 pm #82647

Nienhaus wrote:
EndgamerAzari wrote:Met with a psychiatrist today. Nice guy. I'm stopping my current meds and going on Prozac, and starting therapy next month. Should be fun.

I took Prozac for a bit, it made me like a zombie so it had to get changed quick.

I'd rather be a bit sluggish than have mini-panic attacks hourly. We'll see how it goes.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

PostThis post was deleted by Remie Richards on Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:36 pm.
Reason: dooooooouble post.
View this post

Remie Richards

Postby Remie Richards » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:36 pm #82837

Niece decided to put a sweet under 1 of 5 cups without me looking.
We played it twice, I got the sweet first try both times.

Apparently when it comes to sweets, I'm Psychic.
私は完璧

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:25 pm #82952

Goddammit I shaved my goatee hoping that my weight loss had finally gotten rid of my double chin.

It hadn't.

Fuuuuuuck
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

Remie Richards

Postby Remie Richards » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:32 pm #82965

I 3D modelled an Energy gun in blender today.
Still not finished though.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

We've only recently started 3D modelling (this is the "I'm new at this stuff, don't judge me" moment), so I've only done stuff like Wineglasses, cups, a teddy bear and some cloth.
Also MAAAAAAAAAC, I'm not a fan of macs.
私は完璧

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Postby THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:36 pm #82968

Looks like something you would see in an Indie Unity engine game. Good work.

PostThis post was deleted by Remie Richards on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:41 pm.
Reason: dooooooouble post.
View this post

Remie Richards

Postby Remie Richards » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:41 pm #83126

Did some more work on the model today, Nowhere near as much progress as yesterday, spent a lot of it doing an effect I need to finish the scene off (Not pictured yet)

Side View (Only difference between this one and the final one used in my scene is that the final one has the far left ammo indicator lit up, and I tweaked the solidify modifier to be thicker.)
Spoiler:

Little behind the scenes (Emissive plane, etc.)
Spoiler:

None of these (including the last post) are renders, just in engine previews, I'll render the scene out at 1000 samples when I'm done and post if I remember.

So progress today:
* Tileable SS13 floor texture complete and tiling in blender
* An Emissive plane for light (lol not really progress, it's just a plane with a material)
* Grill/metal thingies on the gun "underbarrel"
* Emissive material for the ammo indicator
* Messed around with fluids (Now what would I need that for? :P)

Also, Windows today! Yay, I miss Windows when I work on the Macs.
私は完璧

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:46 pm #83128

I wanna learn how to do that shit. I heard that if you work at one school where I've applied for a job you can take classes for free, and game/visual design is one of the programs. That'd be cool.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:47 am #83237

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

Remie Richards

Postby Remie Richards » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:03 pm #83293

Moooooore Blender~

Spoiler:

Silly guy got Toolbox'd, His fault too, he was in stun mode, unrobust scrub :3

This is the sort of "final" scene (might do some more touching up), Only rendered at 50 Samples though because I had literally 0 time today (But looking at it, quality isn't going to get much higher since it's simplistic in design, maybe 200 max.)

Also man fluids in blender are weird and I just couldn't achieve the effect I wanted, so I ended up just making a mix shader between Glossy-FF0000 and Transparent-FF0101 and it worked out Ok.
私は完璧

M0nsoon

Byond Username: ShadowHunterOO

Postby M0nsoon » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:08 pm #83383

Well my girlfriend broke up with me yesterday and seems no matter what I do she sneaks back into my head...

Just feeling really shitty now and need to think of some ways to get her out of mind for now, we ended on good terms but holy shit this never gets any easier.....

nsos

Postby nsos » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:30 pm #83550

im released from life

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Postby THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:02 pm #83578

We all knew it would happen eventually, yet we didn't stop it.

Now we pay the price for our apathy. (Which is about $4.99 plus tax. I bet that sandwich ain't even that hot.)

Wyzack

Byond Username: Wyzack

Postby Wyzack » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:39 pm #83586

I am now completely done school forever. I flip flop between complete mental breakdown despair and excitement for the future a few times each day.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.

EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster

nsos

Postby nsos » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:06 pm #83637

just about sums up my week

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:37 pm #83658

That was like the musical equivalent of a shitpost.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

PreviousNext

Return to Archived/Deleted