Re: Water Cooler/slowchat

Postby nsos » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:07 pm #83665

wesley willis was rad as fuck but also really fucked up

EndgamerAzari

Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:14 pm #83672

nsos wrote:wesley willis was rad as fuck but also really fucked up

Yeah, I saw the titles of some of his other songs and I noticed something of a theme.

So I got my first rejection letter of this round of job applications today. Fuckin' yay.

And I feel like I'm running on fumes. I'm always hungry, even though I'm not eating any less than I have been for the past month. It's getting harder and harder to stay within my calorie goal and not go over on carbs or sugars or things like that.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.

MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.

Maccus

Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Postby Maccus » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:11 am #83780

You actually get rejection letters? Usually they just don't call back for me.
Spoiler:

qwert

Byond Username: Ohlos

Postby qwert » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:00 am #83785

Medicine is becoming less and less free, prices for everything are rising, pension age is going up, ammount of money invested in military is increased, so even more money go away from social programs. Orthodox church slowly carves its way into schools, everything is slowly sinking in shit. Yet people are proud of wooo Crimea is ours, we are the winners, we have shown to the world, who is most awesome!
And if you are not admired of the way things go, you are unpatriotic gay prowestern liberal :|
That creates some weird feeling, I dont even know, how to describe it.

420weedscopes

Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Postby 420weedscopes » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:04 pm #83820

what the fuck is a crimea
Check out Phoenix Bucket!

TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours

original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Postby THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:07 pm #83821

"The Crimean Peninsula, also known simply as Crimea, is a major land mass on the northern coast of the Black Sea that is almost completely surrounded by water."

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:09 pm #83822

Ukrainian peninsula. Russia annexed it last year. You Russian, qwert?
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"

Remie Richards

Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe
Byond Username: CrimsonVision

Postby Remie Richards » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:58 pm #83899

Just got back from a party.
We played cards against humanity and my friend put kitty ears on me.
We also played drunk twister.
私は完璧

qwert

Postby qwert » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:26 am #83952

Ewww, kitty ears.

Ricotez

Byond Username: Ricotez

Postby Ricotez » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:11 am #83976

nyaa
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.

Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs

Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them

peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."

DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".

tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person

CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.

Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.

ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem

Remie Richards

Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Postby Remie Richards » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:19 pm #84065

Everybody Awww'd, they also had little bells on them :3
私は完璧

Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Postby Thunder11 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:55 pm #84072

Next time make sure there's enough ears for everyone.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!

That's thinking on your feet, soldier!

Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all

oranges wrote:

Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.

Can be found on singulo: !!pQe.6/5m0Y
Ruiner of Fun [Badmin], leave feedback at: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578

cocothegogo

Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Postby cocothegogo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:37 am #84096

What do you think the next "big" thing in the next 10 to 20 years?
CJ AJ

miggles

Byond Username: Miggles

Postby miggles » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:14 am #84118

VR
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts

dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.

Connor wrote:miggles is correct though

Septavius

Postby Septavius » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:31 am #84122

interplanetary colonisation

Ricotez

Postby Ricotez » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:22 am #84125

augmented reality is really coming up lately
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.

Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs

Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them

peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."

DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".

tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person

CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.

Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.

Nienhaus

Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Postby Nienhaus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:35 am #84127

Hey.

DemonFiren

Byond Username: DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:20 pm #84137

That's relatively old news.
But I am looking forward to 3D touchable lizards :honk:
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

qwert

Postby qwert » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:01 am #84270

maens of steel :cardborg:
may be fully robotised factories

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:25 pm #84327

cocothegogo wrote:What do you think the next "big" thing in the next 10 to 20 years?

As a futurologist and transhumanism enthusiast, I hope it's something that helps the disenfranchised or disabled; maybe something along the lines cheap, nutritious, easy-to-produce food (like 3D printed food) or breakthroughs in surgical techniques that make it possible to repair substantial nerve damage. I've got a friend who broke his back years ago and he has to deal with chronic pain and limited mobility. I hope something comes along that can help him live a painless life.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:00 pm #84331

EndgamerAzari wrote:
cocothegogo wrote:What do you think the next "big" thing in the next 10 to 20 years?

As a futurologist and transhumanism enthusiast, I hope it's something that helps the disenfranchised or disabled; maybe something along the lines cheap, nutritious, easy-to-produce food (like 3D printed food) or breakthroughs in surgical techniques that make it possible to repair substantial nerve damage. I've got a friend who broke his back years ago and he has to deal with chronic pain and limited mobility. I hope something comes along that can help him live a painless life.

What about robot exosuits.

I'm not joking, they're already testing those to help paralysed people walk.

Maybe in the future everyone can have them
Still, my support will always go towards the rightful Lord of Yurop, God-Emperor Donald Trump the Trumpst. Trumpingrad for life. He'll make an indiscriminate number of countries great again.

Deadcomic

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:06 pm #84335

Yeah, I've heard about that. They kinda sound like they'd be a huge hassle (they have to be hard to put on and fit into normal spaces), but it's a big step in the right direction.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

Drynwyn

Byond Username: Drynwyn

Postby Drynwyn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:33 pm #84352

I want

To remove my arms

And replace them with BETTER arms.

When that can happen, call me, until then I'm duct-taping my smartphone to my head
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Postby THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:42 pm #84355

PREHENSILE DICK.

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:14 pm #84359

As much as I hope for a near future where cybernetics, gene therapy, and advanced medicines can help treat or even reverse many of the illnesses and infirmities that so many people suffer from, I also realize that, barring some sort of a cataclysmic upheaval and restructuring of our entire way of life, those who need these treatments most will be unable to afford them.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

Drynwyn

Byond Username: Drynwyn

Postby Drynwyn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:04 pm #84362

EndgamerAzari wrote:As much as I hope for a near future where cybernetics, gene therapy, and advanced medicines can help treat or even reverse many of the illnesses and infirmities that so many people suffer from, I also realize that, barring some sort of a cataclysmic upheaval and restructuring of our entire way of life, those who need these treatments most will be unable to afford them.

Yeah, but that's just how it goes- Stuff is available expensively before stuff is available cheaply. "Available, but only to the ultra-wealthy" is still a damn sight better than "Not available to anyone", because it'll get cheaper as we get better at it.

It'd be hard to find a medical therapy literally any thing people might want that WASN'T initially available only to the wealthy, that's just how technology works- first you figure out how to do it expensively, then you improve it from there.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.

Ricotez

Postby Ricotez » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:39 pm #84367

Also the first few generations usually have bugs and mistakes in them that aren't noticed until they get used by a bigger audience and will get fixed in later generations.

Spoiler:

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:24 pm #84371

Yeah, I know all that. It just makes me sad that it probably won't be available to the general public in my lifetime or, more importantly, the lifetimes of the people who I hope they can help.

I know it's the way things work and nothing's gonna change that. It's just the depressing realistic side of all the cool shit we'll (hopefully) get in the future.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

Remie Richards

Postby Remie Richards » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:35 pm #84372

You're all wrong the future is now
私は完璧

qwert

Postby qwert » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:45 am #84473

Woo, army service will be passing somewhere around Moscow. Luckilly I will not be sent to arctics, siberia, highexplosive kebabia or forgotten island near Japan.

Guys and ,whatcha think about technology making jobs/ years of qualification/people useless? Like this little guy does in spessmens already :medbot:

Ricotez

Postby Ricotez » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:28 am #84484

qwert wrote:Woo, army service will be passing somewhere around Moscow. Luckilly I will not be sent to arctics, siberia, highexplosive kebabia or forgotten island near Japan.

Guys and ,whatcha think about technology making jobs/ years of qualification/people useless? Like this little guy does in spessmens already :medbot:

Technology is here to make our lives easier, not to put people offside as machines take over. That would be disastrous. It's basic economics that you need to pay your workers if you want them to consume your products.

Walter Reuther has an interesting quote about this:

Wikipedia wrote:[Walter Reuther] is remembered for a famous exchange with a Ford executive when Ford was automating its production lines. Leading Reuther into a great hall filled with machines, with just one or two human workers programming them, an executive joked, "How do you plan to get these boys to pay your union dues, Walter?" Reuther looked around, shook his head, and said, "How do you plan to get them to buy your cars?"

Spoiler:

420weedscopes

Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Postby 420weedscopes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:24 pm #84534

calendapril
Check out Phoenix Bucket!

TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours

original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg

DemonFiren

Byond Username: DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:59 pm #84544

I've been searching for a game I only vaguely remember.
Naturally, it is science-fiction, I believe it was available on GOG or some similar site a while back...the only thing I remember very clearly is that the space-ships had a rather unique design: they all possessed a large ring- or disc-shaped segment housing a particle accelerator feeding into their main weapon system.

Somebody get rid of my amnesia, please.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

qwert

Postby qwert » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:21 am #84673

Wikipedia wrote:[Walter Reuther] is remembered for a famous exchange with a Ford executive when Ford was automating its production lines. Leading Reuther into a great hall filled with machines, with just one or two human workers programming them, an executive joked, "How do you plan to get these boys to pay your union dues, Walter?" Reuther looked around, shook his head, and said, "How do you plan to get them to buy your cars?"
[/quote]

Ehm. But, what if the theoretical replaced workers are not those, who consume produced stuff? Like third world country workers getting replaced with machines or some low wage workers, who have enough buying ability only for living space + enough food not to die + other small needs.

Ricotez

Postby Ricotez » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:37 pm #84787

qwert wrote:

Ehm. But, what if the theoretical replaced workers are not those, who consume produced stuff? Like third world country workers getting replaced with machines or some low wage workers, who have enough buying ability only for living space + enough food not to die + other small needs.

please don't turn this into an economic discussion, Walter Reuther has been dead for 45 years and this quote is even older than that

Spoiler:

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:17 pm #84797

My research suggests that corporate executives are capable of only four facial expressions: "rape", "high as balls", "dead inside", or "help me".

Here is an example of the last one:

Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

Wyzack

Byond Username: Wyzack

Postby Wyzack » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:23 pm #84798

Oh my god, i imagine this is what someone mind controlled to commit atrocities would look like. A blank smile with eyes pleading for death.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.

EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster

nsos

Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Postby nsos » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:57 pm #84804

"you mean pecan is ………… not…………pronounced pee-can ……?!"

my cowboy spurs rattle ominously. the sun is high over my head and i tip my cowboy hat as i spit my shewing tobacco. banjo music plays in the background. in a southern drawl, just barely loud enough to hear, i whisper “no you fucking yankee its peh-con" and i raise the six shooter

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:45 pm #84902

nsos wrote:"you mean pecan is ………… not…………pronounced pee-can ……?!"

my cowboy spurs rattle ominously. the sun is high over my head and i tip my cowboy hat as i spit my shewing tobacco. banjo music plays in the background. in a southern drawl, just barely loud enough to hear, i whisper “no you fucking yankee its peh-con" and i raise the six shooter

Are you @dril?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

Remie Richards

Postby Remie Richards » Fri May 01, 2015 4:32 pm #85146

Learnt the method of complements thanks to a MinutePhysics video today.
It's pretty cool.
私は完璧

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Fri May 01, 2015 4:37 pm #85147

Remie Richards wrote:Learnt the method of complements thanks to a MinutePhysics video today.
It's pretty cool.

That sounds important and intellectual and as such I feel incredibly threatened

Today I learned that if you eat too many almonds they don't digest entirely and you have to shit out nut splinters

It's like I ate plywood
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

Remie Richards

Postby Remie Richards » Fri May 01, 2015 4:51 pm #85149

Nah, it's just how to Subtract numbers using addition only.
it's what Computers do, since they can't subtract. (Roughly speaking, computers can ONLY do addition, it's lots of smart people's smart tricks that let them do other things)
私は完璧

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Fri May 01, 2015 4:53 pm #85150

Remie Richards wrote:Nah, it's just how to Subtract numbers using addition only.
it's what Computers do, since they can't subtract. (Roughly speaking, computers can ONLY do addition, it's lots of smart people's smart tricks that let them do other things)

Learning that actually made me feel dumber somehow. Like, I now know that's a thing, but my brain doesn't understand how it's a thing so I now have a greater sense of my own ignorance.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

Remie Richards

Postby Remie Richards » Fri May 01, 2015 5:02 pm #85154

X - Y
1,000 - 1,000
take the 9's complement of the Y number, The 9's complement is to replace all the digits in the number by 9-thatDigit
so 1,000 becomes 8,999
Then add that number on:
1000 + 8,999 = 9,999
Then add 1 on, to get the 10's complement of the whole scenario, 9,999 --> 10,000
Then ignore the first digit of the number, leaving 0,000 which is just 0.
(in binary, the first digit is automatically lost)

therefore 1,000 - 1,000 = 0 = 1,000 + 9,999
私は完璧

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Fri May 01, 2015 5:27 pm #85160

The fact that I sorta understood that actually made me angrier than if I was completely lost. Like, I could tell I was close to understanding it and it was frustrating.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

Remie Richards

Postby Remie Richards » Fri May 01, 2015 5:30 pm #85161

Hmm.
I don't want to insult you intelligence by dumbing it down :S
Try this one:
5 - 5
9's complement of 5 = 4.
5 + 4 = 9
Add the 1 for 10's complement: 10
ignore the first digit: 0, 5-5 = 0.
私は完璧

Septavius

Postby Septavius » Fri May 01, 2015 5:40 pm #85163

NERDS.

EndgamerAzari

Postby EndgamerAzari » Fri May 01, 2015 5:46 pm #85165

Okay, I had to look up what complement meant in this context, but I think I sorta get it now. It seems really convoluted for such a simple equation, though--kinda disillusioning about the whole "computers are smart" idea.

Septavius wrote:NERDS.

Fucker I haven't taken a math class since high school, unless you count that joke "Intro to Financial Accounting" class in '07. I gotta try to exercise my brain a little bit every now and then or I might slip into legitimate retardation.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:

IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:

Ricotez

Postby Ricotez » Fri May 01, 2015 6:20 pm #85171

oh, you're learning modular arithmetic? that's very useful in computing, especially for cryptography

Spoiler:

Remie Richards

Postby Remie Richards » Fri May 01, 2015 6:26 pm #85172

Not officially, but It's nice to get things under my belt ahead of time, nice to know it's useful.
I know things like 12 hour Clocks are Modular arithmetic, since they wrap round at 12 (and arguably 24 hours clocks wrapping round at 24)

and of course the 9's and 10's complement examples I made up above.
私は完璧

PreviousNext

Return to Archived/Deleted