[Deleted] Collective Fastmos Hater Thread

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

PostThis post was deleted by actioninja on Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:14 am.
Reason: This isn't funny and being this obnoxious or disrespectful again won't be taken lightly.
View this post

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Collective Fastmos Hater Thread

Postby PKPenguin321 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:03 pm #589080

Deja vu, this exact thing happened once before except it applied to gasses venting into space. One broken window instantly froze and depressurized whole wings of the station. That got rolled back so maybe this will too
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:

wesoda25
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Wesoda25

Postby wesoda25 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:10 pm #589083

It’s simply too fast. Floods have little counter play anymore, and I don’t think that’s good for the game, and certainly not fun for the players. My biggest gripe though is just how annoying firelocks are - they are not capable of doing anything because gas spreads before they can activate.

oranges
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Postby oranges » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:25 pm #589086

I don't give a flying fuck for the opinion of any admin, so you can save the words

Jimmius
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Jimmius

Postby Jimmius » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:20 pm #589100

i don't care that it makes flooding too easy, i don't care that a single can of N2O being opened 2 miles away puts a trace amount of it everywhere so you take toxin damage unless you wear internals, that's all fine and good (bad)

the real issue is that if someone breaks a window on icebox, the entire station becomes sub 0 for the entire round, and every firelock on the station goes off and stays down forever.

Sparkezel

Byond Username: SparkezelPL

Postby Sparkezel » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:37 pm #589104

Its not just icebox, its all maps. I tried to make a pr to help with that but I have no idea how good it will be.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/56571

TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Postby TheFinalPotato » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:52 pm #589106

Thank you for opening a feedback thread, having a place to collect this stuff is a lot better then seeing issues pop up on the tracker about it.

You appear to have me confused for OmegaDarkPotato for... Some reason? If you're going to scree at me and attempt to assassinate my character, please do it properly.
While I don't play very often, I do observe a large number of rounds. I've noticed a lot of the issues you've mentioned here.

As I said in one of those issues, I don't particularly like the current state of things. More how firelocks are played with, and how draining they can be. I'm not going to apologize for making the atmos simulation work, but I do recognize that it's had serious side effects. There are some prs open that attempt to make them less painful, but I'm not sure they'd work out all that well. We could make things settle out slower, but that would cause more cold floods and increase the amount of lag the subsystem experiences.

You don't say this outright, but this has made atmospherics the role and atmos the concept a lot more deadly. I think this is useful, but we have some severe hickups. You mention delta station, and you're right, delta has all the map design elements that make these things worse. It's much more open and has huge interconnected rooms, hell all that's separating medbay and arrivals is one airlock and a lot of open space. It wasn't designed for the system we have, and doesn't preform well with it. I've done and will continue to do work on the system to make it less reliant on sealed off rooms, performance and gameplay wise, but it'll take a bit of time.

@PKP, you mention this exact same thing happening in the past, what are you referring to? It sounds like a bug with excited group equalization and space, but maybe it was tried in the past.

actioninja
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Actioninja

Postby actioninja » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:16 am #589113

I'm phone posting and the forums suck so locking until I can remove the full thread. Go to the other one.

Return to Archived/Deleted