Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

ABABABABABABAAAAAARMHUUULLEEEN TWENTY TWEENTY OOOOOOONE

Post by Armhulen » #611438

HE'S BACK

HE'S IN IT TO WIN IT

ARMHULEN AND BAZELART AND TRALEZAB ARE TEAMING UP IN THIS SUMMER'S HEADMIN ELECTION

WHAT I WANT TO DO:
I will go BACK to 2017 style of headmin ruling, aka all headmins may answer an appeal or policy, and the others can post too if they disagree. This brings the discussion OUT of headminbus and BACK into public, and I have calculated it will shave ENTIRE WEEKS off of response time
I want to actually clean up vc stuff with better mute roles and party game roles. We have weekly party games and giant discord calls in here where we all have fun. There is no reason for me to be adding manual blocks on who can enter the vc, That's WACK.
literally all this shit bro (2 consecutive terms limit :us:)
Agux909 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:I swear to god if we get another 3 termer. I really hate them and I really want to add a consecutive term limit. so you can run and win again after a break if you have already won twice in a row. ofc nothing against lepi and coco, just that ugh admin decisions take soooooo long and then they have the gall to say they aren't burned out when I came from an era where headmins decisions were within days and we made wide sweeping changes like rewriting escalation to things we still use today WHILE kor was just casually making lavaland. where the fuck is the passion yall
Ngl this convinced me to actually consider your platform.
and I will go BACK to terry once. I will connect to terry this year, I'm serious! I'm a west coaster so that's yuge.

WHAT I DID IN THE PAST THAT MAKES ME COOL ENOUGH FOR YOUR VOTE:
I made jared fogle an ADMIN
I made wesoda an ADMIN
I rewrote escalation policy back in 2017 and make it less about whining to admins all the fuckin' time by impressing ideas we now consider to be home to tg's administration like solving issues ICly or OOCly but not both AND MORE
I added savannah ivanovs. If you don't like them YOU NEED TO PLAY HEROES OF THE STORM's INFAMOUS CHO GALL

MY ONLY PROMISE: I WILL TAKE YOU DOWN WITH ME

MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: ABABABABABABAAAAAARMHUUULLEEEN TWENTY TWEENTY OOOOOOONE

Post by MortoSasye » #611748

How would being a headmin influence the following?: I want to actually clean up vc stuff with better mute roles and party game roles. We have weekly party games and giant discord calls in here where we all have fun. There is no reason for me to be adding manual blocks on who can enter the vc, That's WACK. / I will go BACK to terry once. I will connect to terry this year, I'm serious! I'm a west coaster so that's yuge.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611774

MortoSasye wrote:How would being a headmin influence the following?: I want to actually clean up vc stuff with better mute roles and party game roles. We have weekly party games and giant discord calls in here where we all have fun. There is no reason for me to be adding manual blocks on who can enter the vc, That's WACK. / I will go BACK to terry once. I will connect to terry this year, I'm serious! I'm a west coaster so that's yuge.
nobody will stop me from doing those things when i'm headmin, i mean shit dude last time i was headmin i had the ability to turn this server into a bible reading session and i wasn't stopped. if i change shit about discord right now all i'm getting is admin complaints and angry people, that's how it is
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #611777

I understand, thanks for your reply
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #611794

I wanted to bring up part of a post you made in the general election thread,
also you are burned out, you can keep being headmin but you already have stopped being as active as I want a headmin. If we do a term together i'm gon' whip you into shape boy and we're gonna be a front facing term that does not have "paperwork boys"
I think it was overly aggressive and I do not think someone who plans to lead the team should be going after their team members like this. Its perfectly fine to say something like, "Hey I noticed your response times dropped etc.", but that is not what you did here.

It also discounts how important having people keeping track of things, and willing to do paperwork are. I have always appreciated having that one member of the triumvirate who kept us updated on training dates, promotion times etc. .

Just wanted to say I was really not impressed with that.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611798

it's not a complaint about any specific term because it is a modern way of headminning that has formed over the years that I have really not liked because it has encouraged "front facing" and "back facing" headmins which is something that entirely does not need to exist. So if you wanna blame yourself I wouldn't because I'd be basically sniping a ton of people if I faulted anyone for it. I consider it a natural progression that needs to be pushed back for the health of the community

Hope that makes sense
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #611801

Armhulen wrote:it's not a complaint about any specific term because it is a modern way of headminning that has formed over the years that I have really not liked because it has encouraged "front facing" and "back facing" headmins which is something that entirely does not need to exist. So if you wanna blame yourself I wouldn't because I'd be basically sniping a ton of people if I faulted anyone for it. I consider it a natural progression that needs to be pushed back for the health of the community

Hope that makes sense

Yea thats an understandable stance to take, but I really think you should say that next time rather than,
also you are burned out, you can keep being headmin but you already have stopped being as active as I want a headmin. If we do a term together i'm gon' whip you into shape boy and we're gonna be a front facing term that does not have "paperwork boys"
. Which just comes off as aggressive and doesn't really convey what you just said here.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611804

yeah true, i like bumpin' heads with lepi because we play games together and i know he takes his lumps but didn't mean to get anyone in the crossfire
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #611821

I'm not confident that acting like a cowboy would lead to a healthy headmin or admin team. If you just wanted to meme around on discord I'm not sure that being a headmin is required to do so if done in good faith.

Can you elevate my fears that you wouldn't disregard the other headmins just to put on a show?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611825

I offer what I offer every year: myself. If you respect the standards I hold myself to then you'll know I will bring forward a new age of headminning. It is not to say that I am wild crazy guy who presses buttons, but rather to say that headmins should open up and we can dispel the meme that has been building throughout the years of headmins fitting the peg holes of the terms and instead focus on each headmin being a leader for adminbus and the community as a whole. I don't want to stand out, I want to bring headminship as a role to NEW HEIGHTS.
Domitius

Post by Domitius » #611827

Armhulen wrote:I offer what I offer every year: myself. If you respect the standards I hold myself to then you'll know I will bring forward a new age of headminning. It is not to say that I am wild crazy guy who presses buttons, but rather to say that headmins should open up and we can dispel the meme that has been building throughout the years of headmins fitting the peg holes of the terms and instead focus on each headmin being a leader for adminbus and the community as a whole. I don't want to stand out, I want to bring headminship as a role to NEW HEIGHTS.
We've already lost @everyone pings in discord. What kind of heights are you thinking of? What does being a leader here mean to you as a headmin?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #611829

i like ya, youre a funny guy who i think is a real cool dude. however:
anyone who has held a headmin term in this era of discord drama who then wants to then go back in for another term of more discord drama that they have to wade through is a certifiable psychotic lunatic. this leads to my question:
have you been officially diagnosed with stockholm syndrome yet, or are you still in the "talk it out" phase with your therapist?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611831

Talking much more often, posting in what you want to vote on to "opt in" and encourage headmins to engage the discussion, #policy-bus moved to a place players don't need a role to speak in + the use of discord's threads to order discussion on them. Doubling the amount of community meetings, I had this idea for a much bigger scale event involving community meetings but I shant go into that, I also wanted headmins to have a more direct hand in the eventsbus and development in events, it'd be awesome to see the headmins engaged in it as well.

^^^ So generally what I mean is that headmins should be focusing into branching into each part of the community and helping out, and as something players vote for the bridge between adminbus and playerbase. it's a big task, all of this, but it's important for a happy and healthy community in the same way public permabans were important for keeping admins responsible and serving the players
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611836

PKPenguin321 wrote:i like ya, youre a funny guy who i think is a real cool dude. however:
anyone who has held a headmin term in this era of discord drama who then wants to then go back in for another term of more discord drama that they have to wade through is a certifiable psychotic lunatic. this leads to my question:
have you been officially diagnosed with stockholm syndrome yet, or are you still in the "talk it out" phase with your therapist?
Here's the goal, king: Put an end to incumbent re-election. You get two terms, then you gotta sit a term out. Then if people still like you, they can vote you in for 2 more terms.

Solves headmin decisions being left in a deadlock because the same guys get re-elected over and over
Solves headmins getting re-elected based on incumbency. Humans by nature will vote for the sitting position because they will recognize the seated position the most.

Also personally you and I have been around for a good while and we were around for the same era generally, don't you think there is less drama to deal with?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #611837

Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:i like ya, youre a funny guy who i think is a real cool dude. however:
Here's the goal, king: Put an end to incumbent re-election. You get two terms, then you gotta sit a term out. Then if people still like you, they can vote you in for 2 more terms.

Solves headmin decisions being left in a deadlock because the same guys get re-elected over and over
Solves headmins getting re-elected based on incumbency. Humans by nature will vote for the sitting position because they will recognize the seated position the most.

Also personally you and I have been around for a good while and we were around for the same era generally, don't you think there is less drama to deal with?
I mean I never really had to deal with bonafide metacliques or doxing or whatever as a headmin, that kind of drama seems pretty shitty to me. But if you're good for it then more power to you
Term limits could be okay yeah
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611841

PKPenguin321 wrote: I mean I never really had to deal with bonafide metacliques or doxing or whatever as a headmin, that kind of drama seems pretty shitty to me. But if you're good for it then more power to you
Term limits could be okay yeah
I did over and over man I mean shit you remember pepper right? damn that blockland drama was a headache.
And the sawrge drama
And the-man-who-must-not-be-named drama

And for metacliques I saw the birth and eventual death of sligcord as a hive of scum and villainry

And other bullshit from old days I can't talk about in public and otherwise best left buried. I feel like the quality of adminbus was really good during those times but there were a few select people who really got shitty during this era
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #611865

Armhulen wrote:I feel like the quality of adminbus was really good during those times but there were a few select people who really got shitty during this era
Could you elaborate more on how adminbus was really good during those times for those of us who weren't around to see it? Specifically, I'm speaking - not just response times and other things like that. Do you feel strongly about any particularly directions adminbus has gone and how would you change it?
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611869

sinfulbliss wrote:
Armhulen wrote:I feel like the quality of adminbus was really good during those times but there were a few select people who really got shitty during this era
Could you elaborate more on how adminbus was really good during those times for those of us who weren't around to see it? Specifically, I'm speaking - not just response times and other things like that. Do you feel strongly about any particularly directions adminbus has gone and how would you change it?
I still think now is way better if you just see inside adminbus you'd see it, when I talk about the past I mean relative since I think tg is always improving, but specifically:

The drama before that point was truly dumb shit and you can find it in the successful admin complaints section, also definitely egged on by whatever shit was going on in ban requests at the time, PKP talked about Joan as a headmin purposefully abusing to fuck over coders and self antagging and then there was this cringe love triangle...

I could go on forever, you gotta just look at old history and find out it's this spiderweb of self serving drama fiends who go dormant and undormant and we're still uprooting them
Domitius

Post by Domitius » #611880

Thank you for responding to my questions and honestly I see a lot of merit to somebody coming in with a lot of energy like yourself. While I'm a little worried that you're focused too much on the discord your conduct in game and in bus speak well to me of what good things to expect.

:thumbsup: good feng shui.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611882

Domitius wrote:Thank you for responding to my questions and honestly I see a lot of merit to somebody coming in with a lot of energy like yourself. While I'm a little worried that you're focused too much on the discord your conduct in game and in bus speak well to me of what good things to expect.

:thumbsup: good feng shui.
MMMMM, Very wise response!
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #611917

Hi
Just wanted some clarification on your "2017 style" proposal.

What do you feel is an acceptable time frame for responding to policy threads and/or ban appeals?
How much discussion are you willing to sacrifice to meet this time frame? For example currently there are longer discussions in policy bus where headmins often change their view/ruling by the end after hearing various arguments. Would you cut off a discussion if its past the time frame for the sake of speeding up a ruling?

Also how did you calculate that weeks will be saved? My term did it the "discuss then post an answer once 2/3 at least have reached an agreement" way and we answered almost all of them in a week or less, so that way can definitely be done efficiently if they keep on top of it.

Finally, If a fellow headmin would likely have a strong opinion on a topic but are away for a while due to irl stuff, would you wait for them to return and weigh in or just go ahead without them?
How would you keep one extremely active headmin from crowding out the other two if they both had a more standard activity level?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #612000

TribeOfBeavers wrote: What do you feel is an acceptable time frame for responding to policy threads and/or ban appeals?
It depends on you know how much drama is involved with it, controversial OR incredibly cared about appeals and threads can me taken slower and discussed more
TribeOfBeavers wrote: How much discussion are you willing to sacrifice to meet this time frame? For example currently there are longer discussions in policy bus where headmins often change their view/ruling by the end after hearing various arguments. Would you cut off a discussion if its past the time frame for the sake of speeding up a ruling?
I want to encourage that and invite more people to try and change my mind and the minds of my fellow headmins. That's why i'm saying let's open the flood gates for policy bus and I was chattin' with the head admin elect and I think a good idea is starting and ending threads on the forums but having most of the discussion in a public policybus.
TribeOfBeavers wrote: Also how did you calculate that weeks will be saved? My term did it the "discuss then post an answer once 2/3 at least have reached an agreement" way and we answered almost all of them in a week or less, so that way can definitely be done efficiently if they keep on top of it.
I'm thinking more of a "drop in if you care" idea where some things will just be one headmin zipping in, some times will be majority 2/3rds and a few things will require inputs from everybody. Honestly I can't imagine how much time this will save but it worked charms for policy discussion. There were a lot of threads Kor cared a ton about and he'd post something super quick, which would bait me into the discussion and all in all it basically was training us to be active with the community
TribeOfBeavers wrote: Finally, If a fellow headmin would likely have a strong opinion on a topic but are away for a while due to irl stuff, would you wait for them to return and weigh in or just go ahead without them?
How would you keep one extremely active headmin from crowding out the other two if they both had a more standard activity level?
I know I can't force people to headmin, but I would REALLY appreciate active headmins so i'm not basically becoming 2021 Hornygranny but that being said Nameless fairy seems to be really active and I feel like making an environment that encourages activity and movement will help people from backing out.

As for strong opinions while away, that's understandable that shit comes up and things can be put on the backburner if necessary. Just remember that joining to decide on something is as simple as publicly posting on it, which is easy and should be possible from any computer or phone
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #612034

It depends on you know how much drama is involved with it, controversial OR incredibly cared about appeals and threads can me taken slower and discussed more
Well assuming a relatively uncontroversial thread what time frame would be your expectation it get done in? Im just curious what your ideal response/resolution time for a thread is
I think a good idea is starting and ending threads on the forums but having most of the discussion in a public policybus.
Is there a plan for preserving the discussion that happens on discord? Currently if someone wanted to look back on past discussions on a topic that was discussed there, it's a bit of a pain to search them up.
Just remember that joining to decide on something is as simple as publicly posting on it, which is easy and should be possible from any computer or phone
It's not really.. It takes time to read all the responses and be properly informed on a topic being discussed
Jumping in half way with a hot take without reading the rest is just a recipe for causing arguments.

Anyway last question, if you were to win and your other two headmins weren't comfortable with this approach and would prefer the current way of discussing things as a group before responding how would you respond? Would you go ahead with it regardless or do things their way?
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #612365

arm does a good job and always puts a smile on my face so I'd be happy to see him as headmin again. my good old headmin buddy would definitely keep the new age headmins grounded.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #612378

when nobody's got my back citrus has got my back :D
Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Post by Arcanemusic » #612731

I am confident that Arm would do a good job.

How do you feel about setting in stone a schedule or more frequent occasion for community meetings?
I Broke: Economy, Hydroponics, Trading Cards, Mice, Civilian Bounties, the BEPIS, Techwebs, Newscasters, and MORE EVERY DAY
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #612743

Arcanemusic wrote:I am confident that Arm would do a good job.

How do you feel about setting in stone a schedule or more frequent occasion for community meetings?
yessssssssssssssssssss
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #613053

maybe its time we exercised our right to bear armhulens after all
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕