Naloac Headmin 3 and your out

Resolved.
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Naloac Headmin 3 and your out

Post by Naloac » #611482

Who
im Naloac aka Lepi Mewtera Terry player and admin with occasional visits to American servers aka headmin for two terms before this one

What Before
1- Changing all servers to dynamic.
2- To continue to get more admin trainers + admin candidates.
3- To encourage giving certain players namely event runners the abilities to run their own custom events
4- I want our bans to be public.
5- I want to cut out inactive admins coming back to ban someone then going inactive again.
6-Split MRP into its own admin base like TGMC

What Now
1- I want our bans to be public.
2-giving more autonomy for MRP and LRP admins on policy
3- I want to cut out inactive admins coming back to ban someone then going inactive again.
4- Id like to completely rewrite the admin training note as its become out of date

Why
To provide transparency in our systems id like to have all new bans to be public so players can know both what to look out for and to spot bad bans that may never end up being appealed and have them brought to the headmins, throughout my term I spent alot of time scrolling through all of the bans(/ being dm'd them) and checking to make sure they where not stretching the rules to fit a ban that it shouldnt have. Allowing players to see bans will both make this easier on headmins and mean more bad bans get spotted. In my current term we've gotten public permas but id like to change this to all bans.

Iarge part of my problem from last term of headmins with little clue on what they are talking about on MRP has been solved with the introduction of policy bus. There was an idea floating around for having headmins select two people from LRP and MRP and have them specifically help in choosing policy for LRP or MRP. I think doing that for a term to see how it would go in having the policy process be more involved would stop my previous issue of having headmins who barely know what they are talking about at times.

3- I want to cut out inactive admins coming back to ban someone then going inactive again.
I want to continue the current work ive put in to this, we still have a decent portion of inactive admins that in my opinion should be deadminned for inactivity, or atleast have them retrained when they come back, having people come back after a large absence isnt great, I learnt the hard way when I got carpel tunnel that this game changes fast and in some ways this requires people who decide to become inactive to be helped forward.

4- Id like to completely rewrite the admin training note as its become out of date
The note that admin trainers use for training admins is becoming out of date, the buttons have moved, It doesnt include anything on dynamic and how it works and doesnt really fit into what we currently do as a server. Id like to remedy this by rewriting a large section of it. Im still one of the more active trainers but since then we've added a good few more and id like to actually finish this part with the help of others.

Bye
Also by the time these open for replies ill be on holiday :oops:
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: Naloac Headmin 3 and your out

Post by MortoSasye » #611752

How would being a headmin allow you to do the following different than a normal admin?: 4- Id like to completely rewrite the admin training note as its become out of date

What do you think of our current admin conduct rules?
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #611753

you already mentioned wanting to cut down inactive admins last election, have you made any progress on that front yet?

Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #611784

Naloac has been a dream to work with. They've done a great job of being available to everybody and reminding all of us that all of this is to have a good time. Would be delighted to see them lead us for a third term.
Cimika
Byond Username: Cimika

Post by Cimika » #611789

While Naloac has been active, reasonable and helpful in many circumstances, I disagree with their conduct in some of the more recents incident they have had. Mainly their use of insults in tickets or in FNR. It's "Based" as a lot of people have said, but I find it damaging for our reputation.

Lepi, is there any chance you might be willing to reconsider your conduct relative to these in the future? I can't speak for everyone, but it matters to me.
Queen of the 2020 Summer Ball
Spoiler:
From the legendary ShadowFlame thread :

sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #611845

Naloac wrote:2-giving more autonomy for MRP and LRP admins on policy
I would also very much like to see this. What do you think that would entail doing specifically?
Naloac wrote:6-Split MRP into its own admin base like TGMC
I actually was unaware this was a thing. Are there certain MRP-only admins and LRP-only admins currently? In my experience an admin who plays exclusively MRP can moderate on an LRP server, and vice versa - but I could be completely wrong.
Spoiler:
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #612062

Naloac wrote: What Now
Thanks for your time writing up a platform - obviously as a 2 term headmin I feel your platforms could use some scrutiny since unlike other candidates you're running on things left undone - for whatever reason - and so it's worth asking what would be different in a third term that wasn't in the first two.

Public Bans
Spoiler:
While public permanent bans are now a thing, I'm curious of the incidence rate, in a near full year as a headmin, you've seen bad bans come to light by means other than appeal - how often have you found a ban that was completely uncontested but built on bad rules? I don't expect you to have a specific number or list specific bans here, but I'd appreciate a ballpark since that kinda informs how bad the problem is - 1 ban out of every 10 you looked at? 1 in 100?

Furthermore, you list the main purpose for public bans for them to be brought to the attention of the headmins - obviously this may work fine in the time you are still on the headmin team, but what's your plans for a headmin team not featuring you? Would you want a way for players to bring these appeals on behalf of the banned player? A "tipline" where players could submit questionable bans to the headmins for review?
Autonomy on LRP/MRP servers
Spoiler:
To be clear, my current understanding of the autonomy given to all admins is that where something falls outside of the constraints of the written rules and/or policy, the admin is given full autonomy on the scene to decide in the best interests of the server/players - with the caveat that they might be pulled up on this later by headmins, and that obviously a headmin view will override any "precedent" made by them.

With that in mind, what is your view of the people "chosen" to help? Purely advisory and otherwise normal players and/or admins? Given some level of authority to overrule the autonomy of other admins in your absence? Furthermore, what would be your selection process for these individuals, ideally? Obviously none of us want to see such positions used to give friends power - either in this term or in a future one if the position was kept, so I think it's important to set out your view of how this process would work, since you're putting it forward.

Furthermore, you cite your fellow headmins as a major issue with this - obviously hearing the voices of players and those who know the servers best is important, but is your view of this proposal one to beat down the views of those with "little clue" within your headmin team? If I was reading this as the host vote headmin or one of the other candidates, I'd be a little concerned about combativeness out the gate.
Inactive Admins Come Back For Ban
Spoiler:
Pretty concisely on this one, what is the incidence rate in the past 12 months for you seeing an admin come back from inactivity, apply a bad ban, and disappear again? Inactive admins themselves aren't obviously an issue except for the point of changing standards, as you put it, but it's been the expectation for a long while that any admin who came back from an absence would familiarize themselves with the changes or ask adminbus when in doubt, so I'm curious where you think the system "as is" is failing.

Furthermore, obviously since you think there are admins who are inactive who should be deadminned but aren't, we can assume your past two co-headmin terms haven't agreed with you on your criteria - whats your plan for if your third one also doesn't agree with you?
Rewriting Training Note
Spoiler:
This seems like a good platform in general, but as you note yourself you're already an active trainer and presumably any rewriting of the note would require discussion not only with headmins but also other trainers - have you already started this process to either expedite it if you win, or hopefully have it continue in your absence if you don't get elected?
Thanks for your time answering my questions!
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #612110

I don't like Naloac as headmin and don't like their conduct. I haven't really seen any inactive admins come back and make bad bans enough for it to be a specific problem or instance. I found them mostly just snarky and rude to deal with and otherwise just came off as bleck when seeing their public interactions. No opinion or care about points 1, 2, or 4. Just putting them towards the bottom and wanted to speak up about it.
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #613000

ardentarclight wrote:you already mentioned wanting to cut down inactive admins last election, have you made any progress on that front yet?
I feel like the large increase in the amount of trainers has gotten rid of the idea that we even need many of the inactive jannies, but sadly no its something everyone has to agree on so ill keep bringing it up till it can actually happen.
MortoSasye wrote:How would being a headmin allow you to do the following different than a normal admin?: 4- Id like to completely rewrite the admin training note as its become out of date

What do you think of our current admin conduct rules?
As a headmin I regularly went through notes and bans from admins to see what was good and what was bad conduct. right now I feel like our admin conduct rules are fine its a problem of enforcement.
Domitius wrote:Naloac has been a dream to work with. They've done a great job of being available to everybody and reminding all of us that all of this is to have a good time. Would be delighted to see them lead us for a third term.
we love domi
Cimika wrote:While Naloac has been active, reasonable and helpful in many circumstances, I disagree with their conduct in some of the more recents incident they have had. Mainly their use of insults in tickets or in FNR. It's "Based" as a lot of people have said, but I find it damaging for our reputation.

Lepi, is there any chance you might be willing to reconsider your conduct relative to these in the future? I can't speak for everyone, but it matters to me.
the type of person who warrants that response are the type who dont deserve us being serious with them the best thing to do with those sort of people who want to waste our time is to simply tell them to "fuck off" I say this as a person who used to like to do stuff like this because it was funny. Making people spend time on you being stupid is funny for alot of people which again the best way to shut it down it down is to not take them seriously.

sinfulbliss wrote:
Naloac wrote:2-giving more autonomy for MRP and LRP admins on policy
I would also very much like to see this. What do you think that would entail doing specifically?
Naloac wrote:6-Split MRP into its own admin base like TGMC
I actually was unaware this was a thing. Are there certain MRP-only admins and LRP-only admins currently? In my experience an admin who plays exclusively MRP can moderate on an LRP server, and vice versa - but I could be completely wrong.
1- We had an idea awhile ago that never got implemented of having admins help actually decide policy for the servers they are most active on by actually allowing them to vote on topics the idea never came to fruition but Id like it to
2- MRP and LRP only admins exists very much so many LRP admins wont ever touch MRP simply from a lack of interest or a dislike of the rules of that style of play. MRP only admins focus on topics that are obviously MRP only so having them on a LRP server means they bring the MRP mindset and the same goes for LRP admins. In my opinion you need a decent amount of playtime on a server to actually understand all of the rules.
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032