[Deleted] Confusion over new admin hierarchy

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

QuartzCrystal

Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Confusion over new admin hierarchy

Postby QuartzCrystal » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:49 pm #76977

scaredofshadows wrote:I've handed over administrative power to the head admins. Right now it's just an0n3.

An0n3 wrote:I've been promoted to Host.

These aren't the same thing and I tried to get some clarification on this during the round table, but this was never actually clarified.

SoS has said he will continue to keep the server running (as in, will do all operation, security and paying for it). He is just giving up administrative powers to the headmins. When I asked for clarification during the round table SoS said what he posted in the above quote, and clarified that it is only An0n3 now as HG quit and Ikky is gone for now.

What I'm asking is: Just like SoS before he gave up his administrative powers, does An0n3 have higher authority than the headmins? As in, will he remain in his position of authority, even after the headmin election?

EDIT: What I'm trying to say is that there's a big difference between headmins now being given all the host powers and responsibilities (when it comes to administrative duties), and, An0n3 specifically (not the headmin triumvirate) is to take over the powers and responsibilities that SoS is giving up.

EDIT EDIT: Sticky answered my question below. Glad to have clarification.

EDTI EDIT EDIT: Nope. Still confused.

EDITx4: OK BACK TO BEING CLARIFIED
Last edited by QuartzCrystal on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Vekter
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Confusion over new admin hierarchy

Postby Vekter » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:20 am #76990

The way it was explained to me, the headmins will function as a triumvirate, presumably with one of them in charge of headmin elections.

A better option would be to have a trusted member of the community step up as an election officer to run it, to remove any kind of question of the election's validity.

Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you

QuartzCrystal

Postby QuartzCrystal » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:22 am #77009

That's not what I'm asking at all.

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:25 pm #77066

An0n3 now has all the administrative power that SoS used to wield.

That means, according to him, he will be taking a step back from policy and focus on managing the higher level of tgstation such as dictating administrative process and deadmins/candidates as well as having the final say in whatever issues the headmins cannot come to an agreement on.

Honestly a host that won't touch policy unless there's a stalemate feels pretty much perfect. Headmins should be closer to the game and be playing more often in order to stay in touch with the actual players and handing over policy decisions to them is an excellent idea.

But yes An0n3 is the ultimate authority now. SoS currently has access to the server but that may change as An0n3 figures out how to do scaredys job.

Naloac wrote:reminder to suck jannie cock daily to avoid being banned. dare to speak out about a jannies being shit and you will be banned!!

Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: STP

Postby Sometinyprick » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:29 pm #77076

Stickymayhem wrote:An0n3 now has all the administrative power that SoS used to wield.

That means, according to him, he will be taking a step back from policy and focus on managing the higher level of tgstation such as dictating administrative process and deadmins/candidates as well as having the final say in whatever issues the headmins cannot come to an agreement on.

Honestly a host that won't touch policy unless there's a stalemate feels pretty much perfect. Headmins should be closer to the game and be playing more often in order to stay in touch with the actual players and handing over policy decisions to them is an excellent idea.

But yes An0n3 is the ultimate authority now. SoS currently has access to the server but that may change as An0n3 figures out how to do scaredys job.

I'm confused I thought scaredy wanted to give ultimate power to whoever was the current voted in headmins?
well that's what he said at the roundtable anyway
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:16 pm #77083

ChrisTheThird wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:An0n3 now has all the administrative power that SoS used to wield.

I'm confused I thought scaredy wanted to give ultimate power to whoever was the current voted in headmins?
well that's what he said at the roundtable anyway

It changed later.

Naloac wrote:reminder to suck jannie cock daily to avoid being banned. dare to speak out about a jannies being shit and you will be banned!!

QuartzCrystal

Postby QuartzCrystal » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:51 pm #77086

Thanks for clearing this up Sticky.

Vekter
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Vekter

Postby Vekter » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:28 pm #77116

I'm being asked by Coderbus to remind folks that SoS still needs to be asked to update the server.

Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you

MrStonedOne
Host

Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Postby MrStonedOne » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:37 pm #77130

Vekter wrote:I'm being asked by Coderbus to remind folks that SoS still needs to be asked to update the server.

I'll be working with an0n3 and sos to fix that so that anybody with the keys can update.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder

MrStonedOne on Reddit(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord.

Jack7D1 wrote:After reviewing the history of our previous host(s) I conclude that MSO is our most favorable host to date. To remove him would be very unwise.
Jack7D1 wrote:I seem to be mistaken

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Byond Username: An0n3

Postby Timbrewolf » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:20 am #77202

I should be taking over sysadmin duties on the server very soon.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:

QuartzCrystal

Postby QuartzCrystal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:24 am #77204

Alright thanks again guys, I was just confused and I figured others could be as well so I made the thread.

scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

Postby scaredofshadows » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:47 pm #77325

Stickymayhem wrote:It changed later.

In what universe are 'ultimate administrative authority' and 'physical ownership of the server' different?

I handed over ultimate administrative authority (including physical ownership of the server) to the head admins, and only one head admin is both present and willing to accept the job.

QuartzCrystal

Postby QuartzCrystal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:13 pm #77339

Aaaaand here's the confusion train again.

SoS could you address my initial questions in the OP?

scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

Postby scaredofshadows » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:14 pm #77366

QuartzCrystal wrote:What I'm asking is: Just like SoS before he gave up his administrative powers, does An0n3 have higher authority than the headmins? As in, will he remain in his position of authority, even after the headmin election?

An0n3, being the only head admin left present and willing, has asked for ultimate administrative authority along with physical ownership of the server. I am giving both of them to him.

Things may have been different if the other two head admins were present and willing to take part in this transfer of host powers.

QuartzCrystal

Postby QuartzCrystal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:35 pm #77377

scaredofshadows wrote:
QuartzCrystal wrote:What I'm asking is: Just like SoS before he gave up his administrative powers, does An0n3 have higher authority than the headmins? As in, will he remain in his position of authority, even after the headmin election?

An0n3, being the only head admin left present and willing, has asked for ultimate administrative authority along with physical ownership of the server. I am giving both of them to him.

Things may have been different if the other two head admins were present and willing to take part in this transfer of host powers.

Thanks SoS.

Return to Archived/Deleted