HEADMIN CANDIDATE: Tedward1337

Resolved.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

HEADMIN CANDIDATE: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #77210

I'm the admin singulo.io cant even hate.

Reasons to vote for me:
  • I want to be the voice of the players, and make sure what they say is heard, especially in regards to large code changes.
    I am personally going to push for public logs. A possible exception would be to scrub ckeys, as to avoid metaknowledge/metagriefing.
    A better population balance, for basil, as well as sybil.
    For coderbus to come and be welcome into the community of players, not just seen as "fun haters" for making changes.
There is much more I want to strive for in the long run with the policy that we currently have here at /tg/. A vote for tedward means a vote for a better server, guaranteed.

Edit: If anyone has questions I am more then willing to answer them.
Secondary Edit: Cleaned up a bit of my OP, just to make my short term intentions clearer.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: HEADMIN CANDIDATE: Tedward1337

Post by lumipharon » #77217

tedward1337 wrote:I'm the admin singulo.io cant even hate.

I want to be the voice of the players, and make sure what they say is heard, especially in regards to coder changes.

If you had one wish, what would you wish for?
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #77223

lumipharon wrote:
tedward1337 wrote:I'm the admin singulo.io cant even hate.

I want to be the voice of the players, and make sure what they say is heard, especially in regards to coder changes.

If you had one wish, what would you wish for?
More wishes

Just kidding, on a personal level, I'd like to wish for some money to toss around for random shit, PC parts, more vydia games :honkman: ,just somethings here and there to have, maybe a car.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Mandurrh
Byond Username: Mandurrh

Post by Mandurrh » #77300

Why do you want to be headmin?

Do you think the power of the position would go to your head easily? If no why not/past experiences that provide examples of you handling positions of power.

Do you think coderbus and the server should remain/are separate?

How do you feel about current administrations attitude? Do you believe negativity towards players is an actual thing? What do you say about newer admin candidates that are encouraged to have this attitude or even selected for it?

What is one policy change you'd really like to be able to accomplish? Or why would you like to maintain current policy if you don't seek a change?

How do you feel about public logs?

What kind of expectations will you have for the administrative team and will you uphold certain standards?

How long have you played space station13?

Mime or clown?

Have you ever played lifeweb?

What are your feelings on singulo.io?
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #77370

Who do you find you have more of a loyalty towards (if any); Coderbus, playerbase or admins?

Whats your opinion on the recent suggestions of changes to antag status?

If you could change anything about the server what would it be?

If you could change anything about the community what would it be?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #77459

Mandurrh wrote:Why do you want to be headmin?
I personally want to be a headmin so I can help shape future policies within the /TG/ community to help bring fun back into this 2d space game we all love. I would also like to be headmin to help remove all these #conspiracy posts, and help build trust back between the community and admins via public logs. Good admins should have nothing to hide in logs, and better admins should be willing to show it.
Mandurrh wrote:Do you think the power of the position would go to your head easily? If no why not/past experiences that provide examples of you handling positions of power.
No, I do not believe the power of the position would go to my head. While I was Ac-ing/trial/gameadmin, I was very open to criticism, and was able to change how my administration abilities were/are now. The power of a headmin means only that I will have a final say in matters that require it. I do not intend to use that in a poll, vote, or policy decision being made.
Mandurrh wrote:Do you think coderbus and the server should remain/are separate?
I personally want to reunite coderbus with the /TG/ station community as a whole. A lot of coders do hard work behind the scenes, and should have a lot of praise for their work. Coders are still players at the end of the day, and they should be allowed to play this game without feeling ostracize by the playerbase on the servers.
Mandurrh wrote:How do you feel about current administrations attitude? Do you believe negativity towards players is an actual thing? What do you say about newer admin candidates that are encouraged to have this attitude or even selected for it?
Admins with a personal "I'm in charge now, look at me attitude" do not have a place aboard this admin team. A gameadmin is supposed to offer help when asked for it regarding questions about game mechanics, and give a decision when someone says "I've been wronged, please look into it". The gameadmin is there to keep things running smoothly, and if an admin gives attitude in an ahelp, or basically tells the player to shove it, then its a problem and as headmin, I'd have them removed.
Mandurrh wrote:What is one policy change you'd really like to be able to accomplish? Or why would you like to maintain current policy if you don't seek a change?
A policy change I'd want to see added if I were given headmin, would be to have more problems be dealt IC. An example would be "I broke into the armory to steal guns, but the warden caught me and now im in perma! This is unfair help!" This has happened. My position on this is, what that player did IC, stays in IC. They willing broke into an area, got caught, and dunked for it. By saying IC in IC, I mean only to a point. Extreme cases of this should be ahelped over, but little things of players getting dunked for stupid shit should stay in game.
Mandurrh wrote:How do you feel about public logs?
Im all for them, as I stated above. A good admin should not have anything to hide in logs, and a better one should be willing to show them that.
Mandurrh wrote:What kind of expectations will you have for the administrative team and will you uphold certain standards?
My personal exceptions is to have the admin team remain professional when dealing with ahelps/complaints, and on the forums. I personally do uphold the standards for the admin team, and I will keep those standards to show new trialmins, and AC what it means to be an admin, it isn't just a rank to be given out.
Mandurrh wrote:How long have you played space station13?
I've player ss13 for almost around 5 years now. I started with /TG/ in 2012, and have played almost regularly, and exclusively here. My first steps into SS13 however was on goonstation, which was in 2011, but I was only learning at that point.
Mandurrh wrote:Mime or clown?
:honkman:
Mandurrh wrote:Have you ever played lifeweb?
I have played lifeweb, it was a short round that I was in. I died stepping into a fire, and then became some nuke op-esc styled antag. However this isnt relevant to /TG/
Mandurrh wrote:What are your feelings on singulo.io?
Singulo.io is a discussion board, and that's all it really is. Its discussing the server, and code changes that people are to unwilling to say without anonymity. I have no problem with singulo.io being around. I do take issue however, if there were say an admin leak. I would want to know how did it, and why they did, however that requires oranges cooperation on the matter.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #77463

peoplearestrange wrote:Who do you find you have more of a loyalty towards (if any); Coderbus, playerbase or admins?
I have loyalty towards both the playerbase, and adminbus.I have not been apart of the coderbus very much, and I usually just sit in it to listen, and try to learn to code a little bit for it.
peoplearestrange wrote:Whats your opinion on the recent suggestions of changes to antag status?
I want antags to stay what they are. They will still be allowed to do whatever they want, Except unwated rape/ERP and server breaking exploits. Antags shouldn't have to fear an admin looking over their shoulder when they want to actually cause trouble on the station.
peoplearestrange wrote:If you could change anything about the server what would it be?
I would change the lobby screen sounds, maybe have it different each round to keep it interesting, instead of the tradition /TG/.ogg sound bite that plays ever round.
peoplearestrange wrote:If you could change anything about the community what would it be?
I would change how the FNR ban appeals would work. What we have now is a solid way of doing things, however I would like to make day bans unappealable. My reasoning for this, is that its usually to give you time to cool off, or help you reflect on why you got banned. It isn't an invitation to come and soapbox your case on the forums. This is why I would like to have daybans stay in place instead of having them be appealed.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #77498

What makes you believe singulo can't hate you, and hasn't simply forgotten to hate you?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #77511

Singulo has the power to rise up and hate whoever they really feel like scapegoating, so if I had been forgotten, a thread would've appeared when I made this headmin post. In my opinion singulo was partly the reason why I wasn't deadmin'd. When it happened, there was a large response to it, and what was said on singulo, in my opinion, showed it self on the forums in my appeal post.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #77627

If you become Headmin, would you advocate for the return of ERP?
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #77632

Fragnostic wrote:If you become Headmin, would you advocate for the return of ERP?
Unfortunately, I would not. ERP doesnt bring anything to the community and server other then embarrassing logs, and metafriending. These last few months on the server have shown the ERP is not required, and that the player base is moving on without it.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #77658

Thanks for answering my questions.

You definitely get the thumbs up from me.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #78070

Thanks Pas.

A few more points I'd like to hit home are;
1) More community events.
2) Better admin to player relations.
3) I would also get rid of 'Antag restricitons' and the whole idea behind it.
4) I want Tg players to feel like they wont get bwoinked for trying something fun, or creative, and so I would lessen the severity of when admins would send a player a pm.

If anyone wants me to expand dont heisitate to ask.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #78080

What is your stance on human sacrifice?

What will you do to help the sun rise?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #78089

Are you a nubile love princess?

Trick question I already know the answer.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #78097

Incomptinence wrote:What is your stance on human sacrifice?
Blood for the blood God
Incomptinence wrote:What will you do to help the sun rise?
Lift it up with my bare hands, and demand it stays there until I say its sunny enough.
Stickymayhem wrote:Are you a nubile love princess?

Trick question I already know the answer.
;^)
Game Admin
Spoiler:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #78267

Make the right choice in voting, vote tedward for headmin! Ill make your voice as a community heard, and enforce what the playerbase wants!
Game Admin
Spoiler:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #78281

Maybe it doesn't mean much but, I support Tedward alot. He is extremely nice and approachable and I think he would make a great headmin. He is very unbiased and fair when dealing with other admins and drama shit. He's also helped me through some shit on a personal level. It's odd that I would advocate for someone who is my competition in this election but I just needed to throw this out there anyway.
Allohsnackbar

Post by Allohsnackbar » #78289

tedward1337 wrote:Make the right choice in voting, vote tedward for headmin! Ill make your voice as a community heard, and enforce what the playerbase wants!
Question: Does this include repeal of unpopular policy AND/OR code decisions.
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #78302

Allohsnackbar wrote: Question: Does this include repeal of unpopular policy AND/OR code decisions.
Unfortunately I cannot make promises for code, I can however say I would fight for what the players would want with the headmin for the coders, and try to make a agreement that both players and coders would be happy with.
As for unpopular decisions, I want to bring back /tg/ station to when players wouldn't be afraid of trying creative, or fun things for them/other members of the crew. I want the community to have a direct say in what ever policy the players want or don't want, and I'd like to be the voice they can use to direct what they as players want.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
EmGee
Byond Username: EmGee

Post by EmGee » #78588

vote
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #78620

i'm voting for ted because all the others was filler and tl;dr.

Simple Sentences 1-2 line per issue should be enough to cover aspects. One aspect in general.

Do you believe security should try to be more coherent towards space law? Not in the sense of following by the book but more along the lines of reasonable security and not utter shit. I've experienced rounds where security would be complete assholes by:
Questions/Statements below!
1. Giving unreasonable increases to the timer
2. Beatings and brigged
3. Arresting for the most petty of offenses (This one's a freebie you'll probly answer it with no problem)
4. ACTIVELY harassing a player, I've had the captain of the ship once make multiple uncalled for shitty insults which were rule 1 violation and even after admin helping he still went on with needless insults.
5. (VERY IMPORTANT!) Encourage Admins to pay more attention to security than any other role. I've been playing less spessmen than I use to because I saw alot of shitty security behavior in the past because officers are following the: Just because I could, means I should! policy knowing full well they're pissing off the player.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #78704

srifenbyxp wrote:i'm voting for ted because all the others was filler and tl;dr.

Simple Sentences 1-2 line per issue should be enough to cover aspects. One aspect in general.

Do you believe security should try to be more coherent towards space law? Not in the sense of following by the book but more along the lines of reasonable security and not utter shit. I've experienced rounds where security would be complete assholes by:

Space law was always that 'Arr pee' thing that /tg/ never really got apart of. I agree that it should exist, however only for reference times of crimes you aren't sure of. But yes, sec should not be acting shitty because they can, they're in a sensitive position and players should take it semi-seriously.

Questions/Statements below!
1. Giving unreasonable increases to the timer
2. Beatings and brigged
3. Arresting for the most petty of offenses (This one's a freebie you'll probly answer it with no problem)
4. ACTIVELY harassing a player, I've had the captain of the ship once make multiple uncalled for shitty insults which were rule 1 violation and even after admin helping he still went on with needless insults.
5. (VERY IMPORTANT!) Encourage Admins to pay more attention to security than any other role. I've been playing less spessmen than I use to because I saw alot of shitty security behavior in the past because officers are following the: Just because I could, means I should! policy knowing full well they're pissing off the player.
1) Giving unreasonable increases to the timer : As much as players get upset in the heat of the moment in this game, upping the timer when its nearly finished is extremely shitty as a sec officer and shows the "I have power, get rekt'd" attitude that I don't want to see at all in sec officers. If you play security, stick with your convictions, set the timer to what is accurate, not what gives you the most laughs out of it.

2) Beatings and brigged: I never want to see sec officers harm batoning a prisoner who is cuffed up (obvious exceptions excluded of course). Beating somone who has no chance to fight back only further shows that shitty sec behaviour from before. When you beat a prisoner and leave them in a cell, expect a bwoink, and quite possibly a ban. Playing sec is an important job because they are the people you should trust the most, beating someone breaks this trust severely.

3) Arresting for the most petty of offenses (This one's a freebie you'll probly answer it with no problem): Honestly with this one its pretty obvious. If someone is drawing in crayon all over the station, you shouldn't have to cuff and drag to the brig. Tell them to stop, give a warning. If they do it again, give another warning. If they don't stop by the third time, you can take the item from them. If they persist, add a 3 minute sentence to them and call it a day.

4) ACTIVELY harassing a player: Security is not there to harass players. As stated before, they are the ones who are to be trusted the most, harassing players, and being complete shit by breaking rule 1 breaks all the trust sec officers and the crew. IF harassing players gets to the point of a rule 1 violation, expect either a job ban or server ban for some time off.

5) (VERY IMPORTANT!) Encourage Admins to pay more attention to security than any other role.: Playing sec is hard when you have admins breathing down your neck, however that being said, I do agree that admins need to watch how some officers/players are. I've personally done this as an observer and watched how sec performed. I've seen things get out of hand, and I've had to bwoink a few people for it.

If anyone has more question I'd be glad to answer them. Vote tedward, and make the right choice in the voting.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #79230

What is your opinion on administration 'minivents', such as:
spawning something unusual (not a xeno) into the science pen and confusing the hell out of the xeno researchers; spawning a Totem Of The Old Gods (statue) in maint and subtlemessaging several different people to look for it; turning Ian into a cat; ominous messages from command that don't actually mean anything; spawning yourself as a skeleton and following people in maint before selfgibbing if they try and find you;

All these weird little things which make people go 'wait wtf' and provide spice of life without dragging the entire round into clusterfuck.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #79314

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:What is your opinion on administration 'minivents', such as:
spawning something unusual (not a xeno) into the science pen and confusing the hell out of the xeno researchers; spawning a Totem Of The Old Gods (statue) in maint and subtlemessaging several different people to look for it; turning Ian into a cat; ominous messages from command that don't actually mean anything; spawning yourself as a skeleton and following people in maint before selfgibbing if they try and find you;

All these weird little things which make people go 'wait wtf' and provide spice of life without dragging the entire round into clusterfuck.
I am personally all for these types of 'minivents'

I have done a few myself, I once made a centcomm report stating I would send SCP 178, but instead sent 173 to create such an event. All these creative events admins do are going to be encouraged if I get voted for headmin.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #79867

Vote tedward, make the right choice for the server.

If I were voted into the headmin position, I would post logs from the time that I would be on the server. I.e The logs that I would scrub IP's and Ckey's from and give to the community if they asked for it.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #82356

Not that it means much but tedward has my full support as a player.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #82612

Vote tedward for nicemin!
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #82793

peoplearestrange wrote:Vote tedward for nicemin!
Now that I am in the run off vote, I hope you all vote tedward for the next round of voting!

Edit: I am still pushing for things I mentioned in my OP with the current headmins. Our current admins are afraid of what public logs will do for the server, however I feel that it will only improve our trust with each other. The community should be allowed to see the behind the scenes, and see what admins do. Transparency has always been an issue, and I want to make things more clear. If I were voted in as headmin, I would personally take logs from the time that I log into the server, and put them on a private paste for people to see until I logged out. I know that this way will show that public logs will help, instead of hurt the server. Even if I don't win headmin, I will still post logs from any day that is needed. Another thing is that I am going to fight to tear down the adminbus lockdown. We don't need it in place, and I want players to be able to come and speak with the admins online if they have a problem. Not enough admins are in, or active enough in support bus, and I want players to feel welcome coming to adminbus to talk about any issues they have.Furthermore, I believe I am the strongest candidate here. STP doesn't seem to have the level of commitment needed for this position. When Kor was a candidate, STP dropped from the running, and locked his thread. Only on the day Kor dropped out, STP came back. I have stayed true to what I want to fix as a headmin, and have stayed in this for the better or worse. I am the right choice for you, the players, to choose as your headmin.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #83080

Here's my question: Who will you get to code the script to strip sensitive information like ckeys?
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #83090

tedward1337 wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:Vote tedward for nicemin!
Now that I am in the run off vote, I hope you all vote tedward for the next round of voting!

Edit: I am still pushing for things I mentioned in my OP with the current headmins. Our current admins are afraid of what public logs will do for the server, however I feel that it will only improve our trust with each other. The community should be allowed to see the behind the scenes, and see what admins do. Transparency has always been an issue, and I want to make things more clear. If I were voted in as headmin, I would personally take logs from the time that I log into the server, and put them on a private paste for people to see until I logged out. I know that this way will show that public logs will help, instead of hurt the server. Even if I don't win headmin, I will still post logs from any day that is needed. Another thing is that I am going to fight to tear down the adminbus lockdown. We don't need it in place, and I want players to be able to come and speak with the admins online if they have a problem. Not enough admins are in, or active enough in support bus, and I want players to feel welcome coming to adminbus to talk about any issues they have.Furthermore, I believe I am the strongest candidate here. STP doesn't seem to have the level of commitment needed for this position. When Kor was a candidate, STP dropped from the running, and locked his thread. Only on the day Kor dropped out, STP came back. I have stayed true to what I want to fix as a headmin, and have stayed in this for the better or worse. I am the right choice for you, the players, to choose as your headmin.
I dropped out because Kor and pomf were the better candidates and I wanted to encourage people to vote for either one not because I lacked any commitment to the role.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Here's my question: Who will you get to code the script to strip sensitive information like ckeys?
could ask /vg/ they have a python script that filters their logs.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #83123

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Here's my question: Who will you get to code the script to strip sensitive information like ckeys?
I would ask the kind folk at /vg/
If I coudlnt get it from them, I'd censor it myself until I learned more about python, then write a script if need be.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #83131

VG already gave us the script. I was in the process of getting coderbus to implement it for us when SoS and Anon stepped in.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #83135

Oh, that really helps! That makes us one step closer to public logs.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #83139

Awesome! The whole "need to censor ckeys from everything and usernames from OOC/admin stuff" was the only stumbling block I had for this.