Headmin Candidate: Callan

Post by callanrockslol » #77249

Lets break it down really quickly:
  • Very active in the community and game
    Not 12
    Two notes on my account, one ban
    No metafriends
    Lots of experience in spacemans, spacemans theory and bitching about both
    I'm been here forever and haven't started a huge drama storm like most of the oldfags have at one stage or another
    Willing to cut the shit and get down to my actual points instead of writing fuckhuge paragraphs about how good I am and why everything here is shit
    Australian accent
    Not a cunt
    Most posts on TLE forum
    Own a giraffe
All that aside, I'm willing to actually talk and listen to everyone involved in this community and not threaten to tell entire sections of it to fuck off to stroke my own ego.

Seriously, we don't need another headmin elected because they like to press buttons all day and then end up with a bunch of aborted reactionary policy changes, we REALLY don't need someone that's going to do as much damage as he can to act tough and probably fuck everything up in the process, we REALLY REALLY don't want a jaded apathetic asshole that just tells us all to fuck up.

What we do need is someone that isn't going to try and start as much shit as possible and actually gives a shit about the future of the server. Which is me. Vote for me.

Any questions?
An0n3 EDIT. After talking with Callan I've decided to allow him to run as an exception to the rule that you need to be on the admin.txt Callan has real life leadership experience and previous experience adminning in another game on another server.
Last edited by callanrockslol on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: Headmin Candidate: Callan

Post by Stickymayhem » #77256

I'd appreciate some proof of giraffe ownership. I've been burned before.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #77258

Stickymayhem wrote:I'd appreciate some proof of giraffe ownership. I've been burned before.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #77260

I can confirm that Callan does in fact have a statue of a giraffe in his room.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #77267

Jesus christ why is that so big even silly phone.

Vote4Callan Only Giraffe on /tg/station13
Last edited by callanrockslol on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Spoiler:

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
>trucking

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #77276

fuck he's going to win
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #77277

am impressed/10
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #77278

0/10 not a live giraffe.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Allohsnackbar

Post by Allohsnackbar » #77288

DemonFiren wrote:0/10 not a live giraffe.
Sum Ting Wong

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #77292

Jesus CHRIST
Mandurrh
Byond Username: Mandurrh

Post by Mandurrh » #77304

Why do you want to be headmin?

Do you think the power of the position would go to your head easily? If no why not/past experiences that provide examples of you handling positions of power.

Do you think coderbus and the server should remain/are separate?

How do you feel about current administrations attitude? Do you believe negativity towards players is an actual thing? What do you say about newer admin candidates that are encouraged to have this attitude or even selected for it?

What is one policy change you'd really like to be able to accomplish? Or why would you like to maintain current policy if you don't seek a change?

How do you feel about public logs?

What kind of expectations will you have for the administrative team and will you uphold certain standards?

How long have you played space station13?

Mime or clown?

Have you ever played lifeweb?

What are your feelings on singulo.io?
Spoiler:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #77480

if you can promise to leave the server in at least no worse condition than when you came to power, you'll have my vote
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #77525

Mandurrh wrote:Why do you want to be headmin?
Because I believe that I am a good choice for it, am willing to sit down and talk out disputes before major drama starts and respond well to criticism.

Some of the people running are either trying to throw out the balance by going to a more "authoritarian, players are expendable" way of administration and policy or going too far hands off and turning us into a laggier goon.

I think I would make a good choice to offset any other combinations of headmins and work well with people for the good of the community rather than push my own views on what we should be doing above all else.

I'm also not going to write essays about absolutely everything and get straight down to the point.
Mandurrh wrote:Do you think the power of the position would go to your head easily? If no why not/past experiences that provide examples of you handling positions of power.
I was a scout patrol leader and a venturer troop chairman, so I've managed real life people before and have experience with it, along with planning and managing setting stuff up and the like. Plus some gmod server mod experience. rip gmod
Mandurrh wrote:Do you think coderbus and the server should remain/are separate?
This isn't something that we can just go and say "Keep separate coderbus stronk" or try and force them to merge into the server, as much as they say they are a strong independent codebase that don't need no server they are very much part of the community around it. That being said I would have no intention of trying to force them to my will and try to force them to do things against their will.

Seriously the dumbest thing we could try to do at this point is try to fold it into the server as dedicated /tg/station13 coders, scare everyone off and completely blow up the rest of the servers that use it. We should all just work together as they usually tend to be willing to compromise for better of everyone involved. Including the guys down stream (although they come after we sort other issues).
Mandurrh wrote:How do you feel about current administrations attitude? Do you believe negativity towards players is an actual thing? What do you say about newer admin candidates that are encouraged to have this attitude or even selected for it?
I haven't had any problems with the administration in years, its certainly a lot better than a few short periods years back when admins were given free reign to be massive shits, press all the buttons as trialmins and generally fuck with everything.

I think that the administration in this server is currently in a good place, while things can be tweaked a bit and the application for trialminship cleaned up a little I don't think there is anything explicitly wrong with current admin attitudes.
Mandurrh wrote:What is one policy change you'd really like to be able to accomplish? Or why would you like to maintain current policy if you don't seek a change?
For the most part there isn't anything that I particularly want to change as it currently stands, but if there is something in the future I'm not going to change it without lots and lots of words about why and a whole heap of discussion on the issue.
Mandurrh wrote:How do you feel about public logs?
If someone trustworthy was willing to go through the entire thing and scrub it clean of any IPs and ckeys I would still be a bit iffy about it, mostly because we have a few people on this server that do anything they can to start drama and fueling that fire is never a good idea.
Mandurrh wrote:What kind of expectations will you have for the administrative team and will you uphold certain standards?
I expect them at the very least to not cause a bunch of drama and definitely stay out of going after individual players/favoring people, if you have biases its the sort of thing that should be mentioned so other people can jump in and do it instead.
I'm not going to go out of my way to try and hold people to impossible standards as an excuse to get rid of people I don't like.
Mandurrh wrote:How long have you played space station13?
Over 4 years, so long enough that I know how shit goes down.
Mandurrh wrote:Mime or clown?
Only together can they griff the station the likes of which have never been seen.

Mandurrh wrote:Have you ever played lifeweb?
EDIT: I've changed my mind never again until somethings are removed.
Mandurrh wrote:What are your feelings on singulo.io?
I've seen very little actually come of it and very little that could destroy the server horribly on it so I don't really have a problem with it. Although If they toned down the witch hunting that occasionally comes up or the drama it would probably be better, but its an anonymous imageboard so that stuff is really to be expected unless they are willing to ban everyone, which would be worse.[/quote]

imblyings wrote:if you can promise to leave the server in at least no worse condition than when you came to power, you'll have my vote
Goes without saying that I promise to improve the server, but if nothing but unforeseen circumstances pop up then I also promise to at least leave it how I found it and no worse for the next guys.

Anyone that can't promise this has no reason to run for headmin, if you can't make things better then keeping it all running smoothly for their term is the very least they can do, but you might not want to vote for them if there are other people going.

tl;dr making australian question time look like even more of a joke
Last edited by callanrockslol on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:

Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #77625

If you became Headmin, would you advocate for the return of ERP?
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #77633

Fragnostic wrote:If you became Headmin, would you advocate for the return of ERP?
I have no intention of bringing it back because "lol text pr0wnz", but if there was poll with 100 players demanding it, no opposition and An0n3 won't get arrested for hosting a server with it allowed then possibly in tiny doses with everyone allowed to mess with you if you got caught.

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:

danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #77819

do you love money and/or weed
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #77825

danno wrote:do you love money and/or weed
Never had anything to do with weed in my life.

The love of money is the root of all evil. Having money is good security but its not for those sort of things danno you weirdo.

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:

imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #77900

Spoiler:
You've got about six months, if the term/length thread is anything to go by, to do things as a headmin. It's a long time but also not for some things.

The server has undergone a pretty major transition. SoS is gone, Anon3 has stepped up to be the host, and you'll be put in a position of power that gives you great power and responsibility. You are in a position to direct the administration to carry out any goals or visions you have for the server, you are in a position to maintain the server's population and health. Your ultimate goal hopefully, is the continued operation of this server and a playerbase/community that not only wishes to come back and play on /tg/, but one that sees no loss in player numbers but rather sees players feeling a sense of community and belonging and empowerment to want to participate and contribute back to /tg/. This is important. The server needs fresh blood constantly. The ever ongoing cycle of new players exploring this wicked sandbox 2d shit to finding things they enjoy, to finding players they like playing with, to coming across the forums, and crucially, to find themselves in a position where they want to give back, whether through code, spriting, mapping or even just helping other new players find their way. If this cycle ever stops, the server is dead.

I don't know how you're going to achieve this but if you're going for headmin, it'll be your job to find out how. Whether you do this through making sure the status quo is kept to an acceptable standard so players don't have a particular reason to leave, taking things as they come or whether you have more involved and larger plans to draw in and retain players, that's up to you.

Being a headmin is a pretty big responsibility. It's a financial one too, seeing as the good-natured patreons supporting the new crowd-funded model of this server probably would like to see the server continue on into the future, even if they gave money knowing they had no guarantee that this would be the case.
I'm not going to insult you with a straight copypasta so the relevant copy pasta bits have been spoilered

You've been around long enough to have a good idea hopefully of what a headmin can do and maybe what they should be doing. The position doesn't give you sole responsibility of how the server does turn out in six months but it gives you great power to affect how it does. Not much more else to say other than that so do remember this if you do become headmin.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #78039

callanrockslol wrote:Australian accent
I'm gonna need audio proof posted to thread, nao.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #78064

Cipher3 wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:Australian accent
I'm gonna need audio proof posted to thread, nao.
I'll have it up when I get home.

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:

Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #78710

i'll be your metafriend calln
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #79133

Kavaloosh wrote:i'll be your metafriend calln
My victory is assured.

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:

callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #79510

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #79629

In the past you have repeatedly said that Space Law is terrible but have never offered an alternative.

What is so bad about it?

And what is your proposed alternative?
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #79656

Malkevin wrote:In the past you have repeatedly said that Space Law is terrible but have never offered an alternative.

What is so bad about it?

And what is your proposed alternative?
I've come to accept it as a decent guideline (since I've spent less time locked in the brig), but the problem with it now is that people occasionally refuse to deviate at all when they probably should and complain because they think its a server rule if you dare not follow it. Luckily these people are a minority around here now.

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:

callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #81891

Given that we now have both a coderbus and an adminbus representative in the headmin position I think its time that this gets said.

Your current candidates fit into three categories, admins and ex-admins, coders and (past) owners of decent sized codebases, and me. I am the only "pure" player allowed to compete with the professionals and run for headmin.

I am the only person running that is able to make sure that the players actually have a voice in what is going on. I'm not just talking about the forum users either, people have been playing on /tg/station13 since before I was and still haven't ever registered on the forums, they tend to be forgotten about.

I am the only person in a position where other groups will have any leverage on what I try to bring to the table, I'm not jaded and cynical like most of the other people around from my time and I legitimately want whats best for all of us.

Vote or Die.

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:

danno

Post by danno » #81900

I find that a bit dishonest.
I've been a player for a long time. The other candidates were players as well.
I've been a player far longer than anything else
it seems a little ridiculous to assume people can only be on one side of things as well and I don't think anyone really likes that notion.
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #81904

danno wrote:I find that a bit dishonest.
I've been a player for a long time. The other candidates were players as well.
I've been a player far longer than anything else
it seems a little ridiculous to assume people can only be on one side of things as well and I don't think anyone really likes that notion.
It is a bit unfair and it certainly is a little ridiculous.

Although given that in the past we had people running trying to change codebases over one or two changes so its probably better to be ridiculous then let them but heads with HG again.

But lets face it, the entire election is a bit ridiculous given that we already have an entire third of our headmins decided by a group that declared absolute independence. Its even more ridiculous that this is because people didn't want to kick them out even though the same person elected has told us to get fucked twice and we still let him back to do it again in the future.

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:

TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #81975

What are your opinions on the RP based policies?

For example, naming, no-netspeak/memes IC ect.
danno

Post by danno » #81980

callanrockslol wrote: But lets face it, the entire election is a bit ridiculous
no disagreement from me
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #82048

TechnoAlchemist wrote:What are your opinions on the RP based policies?

For example, naming, no-netspeak/memes IC ect.
As long as they aren't taking names like THE BIG MAN and BIG FUCKING BABY it really shouldn't be strict with names, 500 years in the future I don't think anyone would care what you call yourself as long as it wasn't really stupid.

Anyone that starts crying about admins or yelling about roundtypes ("ITS REV") instead of saying there are revs would get talked to, its light RP, keep it in character at the very least.

Meme in moderation, save the netspeak for PDAs and the ingame irc that nobody uses.

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote: