oh and try bring back erp under pain of admin fuckery

if you have questions or something ask away
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Mandurrh
Byond Username: Mandurrh

Re: Headmin Candidate: Sometinyprick

Post by Mandurrh » #77301

Why do you want to be headmin?

Do you think the power of the position would go to your head easily? If no why not/past experiences that provide examples of you handling positions of power.

Do you think coderbus and the server should remain/are separate?

How do you feel about current administrations attitude? Do you believe negativity towards players is an actual thing? What do you say about newer admin candidates that are encouraged to have this attitude or even selected for it?

What is one policy change you'd really like to be able to accomplish? Or why would you like to maintain current policy if you don't seek a change?

How do you feel about public logs?

What kind of expectations will you have for the administrative team and will you uphold certain standards?

How long have you played space station13?

Mime or clown?

Have you ever played lifeweb?

What are your feelings on singulo.io?
Spoiler:
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #77310

Mandurrh wrote:Why do you want to be headmin?
I don't agree with some of the policies currently in place, I feel there is an overemphasis on OOC issues at the moment and not enough room for players to do interesting things out of fear of being banned or bwoinked
Do you think the power of the position would go to your head easily? If no why not/past experiences that provide examples of you handling positions of power.
No, I don't really tend to take positions of power very seriously. It is a game after all and we are here to have fun
Do you think coderbus and the server should remain/are separate?
If coderbus want's to remain separate then there is nothing to be done. We can't force them to do anything and cherrypicking commits would just cause huge problems

How do you feel about current administrations attitude? Do you believe negativity towards players is an actual thing? What do you say about newer admin candidates that are encouraged to have this attitude or even selected for it?
Negativity is mostly perceived by some to be behind closed doors such as adminbus and asay, I would say it does not exist in the majority of admins and everyone keeps it civil with the players. New candidates are always expected to be civil with players

What is one policy change you'd really like to be able to accomplish? Or why would you like to maintain current policy if you don't seek a change?
I want public logs, public notes and public ban logs, however it wouldn't be easy in my opinion to implent since many think and for good reasons that it is a terrible idea.
How do you feel about public logs?
As stated before they need to exist for transparency and so that players can have faith in the administrative team, it didn't go to shit for /vg/ and I don't think it will go to shit for us

What kind of expectations will you have for the administrative team and will you uphold certain standards?
I would expect them to be civil,calm and reasonable, and I would intend to uphold these values

How long have you played space station13?
Three years

Mime or clown?
clown

Have you ever played lifeweb?
This isn't relevant, but no.

What are your feelings on singulo.io?
It allows people to express their opinions, sometimes in a venomous way but that's fine because it's uncensored criticism and that can be a good thing
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #77372

Who do you find you have more of a loyalty towards (if any); Coderbus, playerbase or admins?

Whats your opinion on the recent suggestions of changes to antag status?

If you could change anything about the server what would it be?

If you could change anything about the community what would it be?

Why is your forum name so confusingly different to your ckey/admin name???
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #77374

I don't think I have any specific loyalty to any base
I always believe antags should be allowed to do whatever excluding exploits, spawn camping and rape.
I'd prefer if you were more specific like what exactly about the server the rules? certain features? in regards to that I would want to change the erp rule so that it's allowed but erpers receive no protection from players or admins
I want people to do more interesting things on a regular basis, and I want them to put effort into doing something which the majority of the crew will find enjoyable.
My first account was called ChrisTheThird, I no longer have access to it
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #77628

If you become Headmin, would you advocate for the return of ERP?
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #77657

ChrisTheThird wrote: I always believe antags should be allowed to do whatever excluding exploits, spawn camping and rape.

I'm not sure if you're being fully serious here. If you are, I don't think I could ever support someone that feels that rape is acceptable, even in a game.

EDIT: I'm a stupid that apparently can't do basic things like read a sentence correctly. Ignore me.
ChrisTheThird wrote:in regards to that I would want to change the erp rule so that it's allowed but erpers receive no protection from players or admins
So you'd bring back ERP in a similar style to how it used to be? Making ERP valid for, er... fuckery? Seems fair.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #77659

peoplearestrange wrote:
ChrisTheThird wrote: I always believe antags should be allowed to do whatever excluding exploits, spawn camping and rape.
I'm not sure if you're being fully serious here. If you are, I don't think I could ever support someone that feels that rape is acceptable, even in a game.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #77665

WHOOPS! Editing my post. That's embarrassing...
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #77676

In reply to both PAS and Fragnostic
I would advocate a return of ERP, partaking in ERP would make you fair game for admins and players however.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #77901

Spoiler:
You've got about six months, if the term/length thread is anything to go by, to do things as a headmin. It's a long time but also not for some things.

The server has undergone a pretty major transition. SoS is gone, Anon3 has stepped up to be the host, and you'll be put in a position of power that gives you great power and responsibility. You are in a position to direct the administration to carry out any goals or visions you have for the server, you are in a position to maintain the server's population and health. Your ultimate goal hopefully, is the continued operation of this server and a playerbase/community that not only wishes to come back and play on /tg/, but one that sees no loss in player numbers but rather sees players feeling a sense of community and belonging and empowerment to want to participate and contribute back to /tg/. This is important. The server needs fresh blood constantly. The ever ongoing cycle of new players exploring this wicked sandbox 2d shit to finding things they enjoy, to finding players they like playing with, to coming across the forums, and crucially, to find themselves in a position where they want to give back, whether through code, spriting, mapping or even just helping other new players find their way. If this cycle ever stops, the server is dead.

I don't know how you're going to achieve this but if you're going for headmin, it'll be your job to find out how. Whether you do this through making sure the status quo is kept to an acceptable standard so players don't have a particular reason to leave, taking things as they come or whether you have more involved and larger plans to draw in and retain players, that's up to you.

Being a headmin is a pretty big responsibility. It's a financial one too, seeing as the good-natured patreons supporting the new crowd-funded model of this server probably would like to see the server continue on into the future, even if they gave money knowing they had no guarantee that this would be the case.
muh spoilers so no tldr

okay so you have some sort of plan here, if you become headmin, we'll see how the things you're for turn out.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #77918

i accidentally read your thread title as "Headmin Candidate: Spacemanspark" and my heart missed a beat
you have my vote for this reason
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #78370

I'm not running anymore, I don't think I would be able to do a good as job as some of the other candidates we have now
If you were going to vote for me just vote for kor or pomf instead.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #82506

i'm running again
same stance as before
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #82876

I know basically fuckall about the current candidates so my opinion probably isn't worth much but I'd like to tentatively endorse STP based on the following (if anyone hasn't managed to vote yet somehow)

A) Stepping down in favor of pomf/myself showed he cared more about the policies we were promising than just getting internet power for himself. Shows humility on his part as well, doesn't think he's automatically smarter than anyone else etc
B) He's been willing to argue in the favor of the players against the status quo (about the host position, public logs, etc), and does so publicly instead of in hidden IRC drama

I'm obviously biased since he was a vocal supporter of me but if he believes in what I did that strongly he'll probably be the best choice. Don't know much about him as a person or an admin so who knows how he'll actually act when he's headmin, but his heart seems to be in the right place at least.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #83013

Kor wrote:I know basically fuckall about the current candidates so my opinion probably isn't worth much but I'd like to tentatively endorse STP based on the following (if anyone hasn't managed to vote yet somehow)

A) Stepping down in favor of pomf/myself showed he cared more about the policies we were promising than just getting internet power for himself. Shows humility on his part as well, doesn't think he's automatically smarter than anyone else etc
B) He's been willing to argue in the favor of the players against the status quo (about the host position, public logs, etc), and does so publicly instead of in hidden IRC drama

I'm obviously biased since he was a vocal supporter of me but if he believes in what I did that strongly he'll probably be the best choice. Don't know much about him as a person or an admin so who knows how he'll actually act when he's headmin, but his heart seems to be in the right place at least.
Well it's welcome, I agreed with most of your views and I remembered you as a good admin when I played in 2012-2013 so that's why I gave my support in the first place.