Headmin Candidate: [Stickymayhem]

Resolved.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Headmin Candidate: [Stickymayhem]

Post by Stickymayhem » #77275

I'm planning to run for this player vote for a few reasons, primarily to steer us back to focusing on in-game interaction and solutions to in-game problems.

I've personally found that policy has begun encroaching on the game more and more, restricting the players freedom and making people more paranoid about admins than the game itself. As a part of this idea, I intend to prevent any further changes to antagonist behaviour, keeping them free to do as they wish in the game within the reasonable boundaries of avoiding exploits and ERP. I'd also want to look at refining and redefining some areas of policy, with clearer guidelines for consistent administrative responses to rulebreaking. I plan to find some ways to encourage more helpful and useful adminhelping practices, both for the sake of admins dealing with them and to maybe help players find ways to resolve things in game.

In regards to Security, I feel like it has almost become a secondary antagonist rather than a solution to people's problems. Very few bother to contact security and would prefer to escalate situations themselves. While this is often fine, it more often than not resolves in both parties dissatisfied with the outcome and bwoinking. I think Basil has some things Sybil could learn from and apply to this; the self-policing arose by necessity due to low admin presence and often results in more enjoyment for everyone.

On a minor side note, the concept of VALID, is, in my opinion, a terrible way to play the game and I'd like to try and steer us away from the idea that everyone is simply a binary Valid or Not Valid object to target. This doesn't mean antags are protected, it's more of an attitude shift than anything else. A way to perhaps encourage people to take riskier more creative measures as antagonists, feeling a little safer that they won't be crushed by experienced players with metaknowledge if they dare do something other than extreme stealth or extreme violence.

Singulo has become a dominating concern amongst the administrative team and some players. I'd like to tackle it differently than most by, perhaps controversially, trying to change it instead of killing it. Singulo is Oranges' baby and even if a campaign was formed against it and it was successfully shut down, another would likely crop up even further removed from the community but still as problematic. I'd rather work with Oranges than against him, and I'll be looking to discuss this with him as soon as possible.

Finally, I respect coderbus greatly and will work with them to reduce the tension between them and the playerbase/administration. Since coderbus took greater action to ensure their contributors behave more reasonably with the players we are already on the right track. I believe at this time simply maintaining this improving relationship should see the players and admins changing their minds eventually.

So those are the general ideas I'm running with. Now for why I think I'm suited to carry them through.

I have been playing for over a year and a half, and adminning for near to a year now. I've been extremely active during this time, mainly on Sybil, and have made my share of contributions to policy, debates and the server itself. I've had a bumpy ride, but in recent months have upped my game significantly in preparation for this role and a desire to become more like the admins I admire and who taught me. I've always treasured the fun of the game over anything else, and I think we can all do with lightening up a little sometimes. That said, I'll never fail to be impressed and amused by the lengths people will go to for the tiny pieces of spessmans they adore. I'm content with my history, it's given me personal experience in how admins are dealt with and I never have or will shy away from this. I've always been dedicated to honesty and being upfront with people, whether players or admins.

I know this was a long one but I hope it's given you a good idea of what I stand for.

LOCKING THIS THREAD AS STICKY HAS WON THE ADMIN VOTE - Quartz
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: Headmin Candidate: [Stickymayhem]

Post by Bluespace » #77294

I publicly support Stickymayhem and hope anyone that'd vote for me would vote for him.
I play Boris Pepper.
Mandurrh
Byond Username: Mandurrh

Post by Mandurrh » #77305

Why do you want to be headmin?

Do you think the power of the position would go to your head easily? If no why not/past experiences that provide examples of you handling positions of power.

Do you think coderbus and the server should remain/are separate?

How do you feel about current administrations attitude? Do you believe negativity towards players is an actual thing? What do you say about newer admin candidates that are encouraged to have this attitude or even selected for it?

What is one policy change you'd really like to be able to accomplish? Or why would you like to maintain current policy if you don't seek a change?

How do you feel about public logs?

What kind of expectations will you have for the administrative team and will you uphold certain standards?

How long have you played space station13?

Mime or clown?

Have you ever played lifeweb?

What are your feelings on singulo.io?
Spoiler:
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #77309

Why do you want to be headmin?

I want to enact policies I think would be both popular and good for the game, I have plenty of experience handling responsibility like this and I don't mind taking the heat that often comes with a more prominent position.

Do you think the power of the position would go to your head easily? If no why not/past experiences that provide examples of you handling positions of power.

Firstly, I think from the beginning it's often easy to see people who struggle with responsibility and power even as early as their trial/gamemin promotions. I have made mistakes but never from an egotistical place of superiority and have learnt from every one. I've also run communities not quite as large as tgstation, but still substantial, without any problems with this. I tend to have a good relationship with players on the server because I don't really let my rank affect how I interact with people.

Do you think coderbus and the server should remain/are separate?

I personally don't feel like they should be separate, but as long as coderbus has a good relationship with everyone else and remains effective, which they undoubtedly are the vast majority of the time, it's not a huge concern.

How do you feel about current administrations attitude? Do you believe negativity towards players is an actual thing? What do you say about newer admin candidates that are encouraged to have this attitude or even selected for it?

A more consistent down to earth tone really seems like the best way to communicate with players. I think that some admins, whether due to pressure or other reasons, may become more curt than is really necessary. Some of this can be misreading the situation and not quite selecting the right tone required, which really just comes with experience. I'd really expect all trialmins, and newer gamemins, to keep to a friendly tone until they have the experience to judge when a harsher one is needed.

What is one policy change you'd really like to be able to accomplish? Or why would you like to maintain current policy if you don't seek a change?

I'd really like to encourage more IC resolution of problems and ensure the freedom of players to be more creative, whether antagonist or not. I'd prevent new policy affecting the behaviour of antags and try to reduce the pressure security has to work under from admins.

How do you feel about public logs?

With the presence of singulo in it's current state I think public logs are a terrible idea. Having everyone's actions picked through by anonymous singulo posters with personal grievances is a very likely outcome and not something anyone would enjoy. I am fine with having logs requestable, and indeed for the most part they already are, but we are a long way from trusting certain strata of the community with full disclosure, not only for admin's sakes. I am a big advocate of transparency but the singulo problems need to be resolved before this can be.

What kind of expectations will you have for the administrative team and will you uphold certain standards?

To be polite to players, to be brutally honest with each other and to stay in touch with the game itself and not just administrating.

How long have you played space station13?

About a year and six or seven months

Mime or clown?

Clown. Mime's are too lewd

Have you ever played lifeweb?

For about five minutes yeah

What are your feelings on singulo.io?

I think as it stands it's a problem. The misinformation and feedback loops of hatred have gotten out of control. I think aiming to destroy it will only make things worse and I explain what I hope to do in the OP.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #77367

I want to start by saying I support Sticky, I feel like you have a lot of respect for both the admins and playerbase.
But I have a few questions and hang ups and I'd to be more clear on before deciding.

Do you think you can stand the abuse often directed at the headmins?

Do you think you can de-escalate situations that crop up between admins and players?

Do you think you can remain un-bais in most situation?

I realise these questions are tricky and I'd like more than a "of course I can" answer.

EDIT: some more questions I've asked the others

Who do you find you have more of a loyalty towards (if any); Coderbus, playerbase or admins?

If you could change anything about the server what would it be?

If you could change anything about the community what would it be?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #77380

Do you think you can stand the abuse often directed at the headmins?

Absolutely. I've handled a lot of abuse already, and I've always had an extremely thick skin. I can't recall a single instance where abuse really upset me in any way. I'm pretty good at filtering out the useful criticism from the negativity.

Do you think you can de-escalate situations that crop up between admins and players?

As a whole that's part of what I plan to achieve, but if you mean individually, I think so. I've been an admin for long enough that I feel like I can judge what a situation calls for, whether in tone or action.

Do you think you can remain un-bais in most situation?

Yes, especially between player-admin disputes. I've had less experience dealing with coderbus directly but I honestly respect them a great deal and I don't feel like my judgement would be clouded by any one allegiance.

Who do you find you have more of a loyalty towards (if any); Coderbus, playerbase or admins?

It's a toss up between players and admins. I'm certainly a part of the latter but I've never really stopped playing the game and hanging out with people in OOC and otherwise.

If you could change anything about the server what would it be?

In an ideal world, have everyone care about everyone's enjoyment over their own. Being more willing to die and caring about everyone else's experience I think works so much better than everyone individually trying to pursue their fun. Letting creative antags slide not because you want an excuse to ruin the station, but because you want the person playing that antag to have fun, and hopefully return the favour when it's your turn doing something that needs some level of support.

It's a massive attitude shift for a lot of Sybil players, so more practically, I'd like to give antags more options other than murderboning without restricting them any more than absolutely necessary to keep the game working. More ways to operate stealthily or cause station wide disasters that are interesting to deal with (Goonball's upcoming chemgas change looks like a great one of these) and generally more creative ways for antags to really craft some excellent rounds. Before I was an admin I got my GMing out of my system by trying to craft elaborate villainy even if it meant I died fairly quickly. I'd love to see more people taking chances in the hopes of the occasional moment of greatness that makes a fantastic story.

If you could change anything about the community what would it be?

Wipe away the paranoia everyone has with each other. Each of the three main groups has people who seem terrified of the other two, partially due to a lack of transparency, partially due to actual problems that get blown out of proportion and partly because people like having their camp they belong to that's better than the others.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #77398

Stickymayhem wrote:In regards to Security, I feel like it has almost become a secondary antagonist rather than a solution to people's problems. Very few bother to contact security and would prefer to escalate situations themselves. While this is often fine, it more often than not resolves in both parties dissatisfied with the outcome and bwoinking.
If you feel Security more often than not like some sort of antag, what do you intend to do to change that?

I feel that while Security players are part of the problem, I'll quote a PM from yesterday: "There are a lot of players who make it difficult to play Security with any sort of integrity". How do you plan on addressing problem players who are often responsible for poor attitudes on the part of Security?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #77399

Scones wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:In regards to Security, I feel like it has almost become a secondary antagonist rather than a solution to people's problems. Very few bother to contact security and would prefer to escalate situations themselves. While this is often fine, it more often than not resolves in both parties dissatisfied with the outcome and bwoinking.
If you feel Security more often than not like some sort of antag, what do you intend to do to change that?

I feel that while Security players are part of the problem, I'll quote a PM from yesterday: "There are a lot of players who make it difficult to play Security with any sort of integrity". How do you plan on addressing problem players who are often responsible for poor attitudes on the part of Security?

That's not quite what I meant. I meant that players in game often view security as a secondary antagonist, treating security badly and refusing to use them as an IC solution to their problems. What often results is people taking things into their own hands, the situation escalating and the bwoinks flying at the end as the critted or dead party is upset at having lost.

Culturing a reliance on calling security over calling an admin is what I intend to do to solve this issue, and it ties into my general principle of making more of the game IC instead of covering every contingency in policies that require admin intervention.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #77419

Reposting because someone saw my post/PMd me about it anyway, and deleting leaves a post there anyway so it's not like I can hide that I can't stay away from stupid community politics. Anyways.

Can we get stenography back? I think singulo wouldn't be such a problem/would go away on its own if players could post more freely on the forums.

I've seen several ban threads where the responding admin replies with snark and the rest of adminbus piles on (does the "you must have involvement" rule not apply to admins?). Meanwhile lots of criticism gets deleted for not being friendly enough/not being detailed enough.

Lord knows the old FNR was a shithole but of course players are going to be upset when 5 admins can all show up and tell a player they're wrong and anyone who posts defending them will get their shit deleted.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #77422

anon3 changed fnr so now anyone who is quoting a rule, a precedent, piece of evidence or anything with logs can post.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #77426

imblyings wrote:anon3 changed fnr so now anyone who is quoting a rule, a precedent, piece of evidence or anything with logs can post.
Guess I'm just being silly then.

I still see a ton of posts deleted.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #77495

EDIT:

The headmins can decide FNR policy and if they decide to bring back official stenography then we'll have it here again.

I mentioned some examples of what I did and how I changed it but forget about it. Currently Admins should have some reason to post as well. It's not a hard rule in the forums but something I lectured people on as a headmin many times.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #77545

Sticky, I've always supported you in your admin career here on tg. Despite negative flak I've heard about you from people on the forums and occasionally singulo, nothing about you has ever really been awful enough to completely drop your reputation. In terms of being an admin ingame, you've always been helpful and ran fun events, and you and bluespace were always some of my favorite admins to see on the server.
I feel that having you as a headmin ingame would be a fitting thing to have, and I support that completely. What I am worried about is your headmin actions out of the game itself, on the forums and FNR boards.

1. If presented with a ban request, would you (in most general cases) immediately side with the person requesting the ban or the person that is being targeted for a ban?

2. If you were to make or back a new policy, and a large amount of the playerbase disagreed (think back to the murderbone policy we had a while back), would you be willing to thoroughly consider opinions from both sides, and would you be willing to repeal the policy?

Be honest with yourself. A biased or prideful headmin is not something we need on our servers. I fully support you as an ingame administrator, but as the overarching administrator on policies and controversial bans, you need to make sure you'll be able to satisfy the majority of the playerbase on difficult decisions on many out of game topics.
I wish you the best with your election.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #77585

Given that in the past and possibly, given the forum's anonymous nature, in the present you have made deliberately inflammatory, shit-stirring and/or shitposting comments on singulo, and been rather unapologetic about doing so, is there any basis to your sudden change of heart other than an election coming up?
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #77626

If you get Headmin, would you advocate for the return of ERP?
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #77644

bandit wrote:Given that in the past and possibly, given the forum's anonymous nature, in the present you have made deliberately inflammatory, shit-stirring and/or shitposting comments on singulo, and been rather unapologetic about doing so, is there any basis to your sudden change of heart other than an election coming up?
The extent to which I've done so has been greatly exaggerated. I haven't done anything like that for a while, I've never not revealed it as a joke and I've never attempted to or actually upset anyone in the process. I've only ever made jokes about myself on there.

If anything I've been pretty civil in most of my posts on singulo. I tended only to post to halt misinformation or to attempt civil discussion, admittedly not always expecting it but at least trying.

It's not a sudden change of heart, I've always messed around a bit.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #77645

Fragnostic wrote:If you get Headmin, would you advocate for the return of ERP?
I do not have a strong opinion either way. While the whole thing is a bit silly in my opinion, it has some value as a source of entertainment to everyone. It doesn't do much for the reputation of the server though. I'm fairly even on the subject and would not block any attempts for its return but wouldn't personally fight for it either.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #77661

Thanks for answering my questions.

Personally you get my thumbs up. I think Sticky would make a fine headadmin and I support them fully. Its nice to see that right off the bat you've come across clearly and actually sensibly (within reason, its sticky after all XD ).

Good luck!
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #77919

You said you wanted to "change" singulo- care to elaborate on that? How would you like to see it change? Do you intend to do so by actual policies ("Post this and it'll get deleted"), or by engaging with the community in some other way?

Most critically- do you intend to seek increased moderation of singulo?

On a brief tangent, I feel that Singulo, for all it's faults, is necessary- the existence of a location where the administration has no power to direct discussion is important.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #77930

Drynwyn wrote:You said you wanted to "change" singulo- care to elaborate on that? How would you like to see it change? Do you intend to do so by actual policies ("Post this and it'll get deleted"), or by engaging with the community in some other way?

Most critically- do you intend to seek increased moderation of singulo?

On a brief tangent, I feel that Singulo, for all it's faults, is necessary- the existence of a location where the administration has no power to direct discussion is important.
It's already been said by a few admins, oranges and the host that headamins can have no effect on singlo. Therefore its independent of the headmin elections and such and shouldn't be a topic for discussion around voting for a headmin.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #77940

Oranges has made it clear that singulo is never going to change. So this is irrelevant now. I would still prefer that oranges not be kicked out of the community but it's a shame nothing is going to improve.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #78537

Where is the propaganda? This sticky is a fake.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #78567

Incomptinence wrote:Where is the propaganda? This sticky is a fake.
Staub made my propaganda last time with his proud German knowledge of manipulating the populace.

He is sadly no longer with us
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #78623

Do you believe security should try to be more coherent towards space law? Not in the sense of following by the book but more along the lines of reasonable security and not utter shit. I've experienced rounds where security would be complete assholes by:
Questions/Statements below!
1. Giving unreasonable increases to the timer
2. Beatings and brigged
3. Arresting for the most petty of offenses (This one's a freebie you'll probly answer it with no problem)
4. ACTIVELY harassing a player, I've had the captain of the ship once make multiple uncalled for shitty insults which were rule 1 violation and even after admin helping he still went on with needless insults.
5. (VERY IMPORTANT!) Encourage Admins to pay more attention to security than any other role. I've been playing less spessmen than I use to because I saw alot of shitty security behavior in the past because officers are following the: Just because I could, means I should! policy knowing full well they're pissing off the player.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #78650

Is this the 'say yes to this and I'll vote for you' type of questionnaire?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #78701

Oh no I've already voted for Teddy, just figured I copy and paste my thing to see what the other nerds say which may or may not influence the other voters choice. What you saying I can't exercise my freedom?
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #78744

How heavily should Security be moderated by admins? Constant vigilance or a more lax "It's an IC issue" approach

What is a good example of a situation that is currently considered an IC/OOC issue with Security that you feel should be placed in the other category? (Examples include upping brig timers, giving serious sentences for minor crimes, abuse of space law to brig people for technical permanent sentences, etc.)
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #78902

Give me 3 reasons why the playerbase should vote for you over Kor.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #78961

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Give me 3 reasons why the playerbase should vote for you over Kor.
I've actually been here for the last year and a half. I know the current state of the server, policy and generally what the community wants. My experience, though shorter, is far more relevant than his at the moment. I've got the most administrative experience of any of the player vote candidates, and I know how to use it.

We both want a return to handling more issues in-game instead of administratively. The difference is I have been actually experimenting with this over the last couple months, and have a far better idea of how to implement it within the current state of the server's policy. I think Kor is likely to go for a more drastic approach that could cause a lot of problems with the way people play today.

I've got a good working relationship with most admins, coders and players that I've built up over the last year. I've always been extremely active, and it's helped me get to know the majority of regular players on tgstation. Knowing who everyone is, and having had interactions with them already is a huge help to getting shit done.

I've put in the time and effort, especially in recent months, to get some really great stuff implemented effectively, without turning everyone's game upside down. I honestly think I'm the best option, and a good one at that. Most of our candidates are excellent but I wouldn't be running if I thought I couldn't move the server in the best direction.

EDIT:
Kor wrote:UPDATE: I will be one of three head admins with no authority to deadmin, no authority over the codebase etc. I can try working with people, but I'm not going to be in control of the rules, the code, or most importantly the player attitude. I won't be able to usher some mythical golden age all on my own. Please have realistic expectations about this, I'm afraid everyone is going to be disappointed at this rate.
I don't think this is a brilliant attitude either. Kor expects to come in and be able to dictate policy, drastically change the administration and rule over coderbus. It kind of shows he's out of touch with how things work here. I know how to actually get things done, and I will. I want the same things a lot of people want, I think I can execute it better than them.
Last edited by Stickymayhem on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #78962

Scones wrote:How heavily should Security be moderated by admins? Constant vigilance or a more lax "It's an IC issue" approach

What is a good example of a situation that is currently considered an IC/OOC issue with Security that you feel should be placed in the other category? (Examples include upping brig timers, giving serious sentences for minor crimes, abuse of space law to brig people for technical permanent sentences, etc.)
I think security and admin attention to it both need to relax. I've played a lot of security and what works best is generally the least amount of punishment needed, with the exception of curbstomping really deadly antagonists and annoying greytiders.

I think admins have done a good job of pulling back from security recently, and I'd like to let security have a little more freedom within reason. It's fairly obvious when security players are being sadistic. Torturing people, upping brig timers and in general being what we lovingly call shitcurity, should be reserved for antagonists who sneak into it.

As for the example you asked for, I've seen security get leapt on for not being ruthless for antagonists, or turning a blind eye to that kind of activity. I think this is fine in moderation. If you want to be incompetent or take bribes, that's totally fine as long as you aren't going to complain about the IC consequences when they inevitably catch up to you. There's something to be said for people who deliberately step back from the hypercompetent jack of all trades superman stereotype that pervades on Sybil in particular. It may frustrate others but if competence isn't vital it shouldn't be mandatory. Obviously things like team antag roles are an exception to this.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #78964

>please don't expect me to go in and drastically change everything=I WANT TO FIRE EVERYONE AND DRASTICALLY CHANGE EVERYTHING

???

I don't know how to make that sentence more clear or how else to temper expectations.

That being said Sticky has actually been around in the past two years everything he says about that is on point.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #78967

I didn't say you wanted to fire everyone and if I wasn't running I'd probably even vote for you.

That said you come from a seriously different time and until very recently we have had some pretty bad problems with that. I still think any changes you made would probably be more drastic, intentionally or not, if you are looking to recapture something the server has since moved on from.

You've expressed a lot of the same stuff I care about and that's cool, I reckon I can probably slot it into what we have already with minimal disturbance better is all.
fartman

Post by fartman » #78971

Stickymayhem wrote:Most of our candidates are excellent
:?
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #78975

fartman wrote:
*serious candidates
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #79083

>implying pomf wasnt serious
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #79093

Miauw wrote:>implying pomf wasnt serious

Only hick towns in the American South get to elect barnyard animals to office.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #79109

PKPenguin321 wrote:Sticky, I've always supported you in your admin career here on tg. Despite negative flak I've heard about you from people on the forums and occasionally singulo, nothing about you has ever really been awful enough to completely drop your reputation. In terms of being an admin ingame, you've always been helpful and ran fun events, and you and bluespace were always some of my favorite admins to see on the server.
I feel that having you as a headmin ingame would be a fitting thing to have, and I support that completely. What I am worried about is your headmin actions out of the game itself, on the forums and FNR boards.

1. If presented with a ban request, would you (in most general cases) immediately side with the person requesting the ban or the person that is being targeted for a ban?

2. If you were to make or back a new policy, and a large amount of the playerbase disagreed (think back to the murderbone policy we had a while back), would you be willing to thoroughly consider opinions from both sides, and would you be willing to repeal the policy?

Be honest with yourself. A biased or prideful headmin is not something we need on our servers. I fully support you as an ingame administrator, but as the overarching administrator on policies and controversial bans, you need to make sure you'll be able to satisfy the majority of the playerbase on difficult decisions on many out of game topics.
I wish you the best with your election.
Sorry I have been away and this one slipped me by. I'm on my phone right now so I'll have to keep it short.

1. Honestly it depends on a lot of factors but ultimately I tend to be neutral. I've always called attention to errors on an admins part, or less frequently (because of the dogpiling issue that can occur) add something people may have missed in the situation. My bias has varied slightly from neutral in the past based on who is involved, but with an official position I won't find it difficult to approach each appeal appropriately.

2. Absolutely. I've proposed policy that has been rejected by players but supported by the administration and always dumped it if it wasn't popular with actual players. I've also fought hard to prevent and revoke unpopular policy, as anyone at a roundtable and adminbus has seen.

Thanks for the kind words mate.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #79115

Stickymayhem wrote:
fartman wrote:
*serious candidates
999% sure they werent talking about the joke candidates :^)
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #79777

Stickymayhem wrote:I'm stepping down from the race from headmin candidacy in support of PAS.

I think their honest application is better than any of the reams of violator the other candidates have shit out.
Stickymayhem wrote:I'm stepping down from the race from headmin candidacy in support of PAS.

I think their honest application is better than any of the reams of violator the other candidates have shit out.

dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #79783

Autocorrect a shit
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #80862

RIP nalarshitism
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #80863

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:RIP nalarshitism
;_;7
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #81562

If you're the admin choice of headmin, can you win this one as well and become a two-headed hydramin?
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #81591

No, he can't run in this vote now that he's won the admin one already.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.