Headmin Candidate: Sabbat

Resolved.
Sabbat
Byond Username: Sabbat

Headmin Candidate: Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #77563

I, Sabbat, hereby announce my candidacy for headmin.

If elected, I solemnly swear to provide to make sure admins aren't shit and do their jobs because that's what they're admins for.

I also swear that, when elected I will make sure that player feedback is taken more into account than it currently is, and that less of a circlejerk will happen during admin decisions.

Vote Sabbat, vote Bestmin.
Mandurrh
Byond Username: Mandurrh

Re: Headmin Candidate: Sabbat

Post by Mandurrh » #77564

Why do you want to be headmin?

Do you think the power of the position would go to your head easily? If no why not/past experiences that provide examples of you handling positions of power.

Do you think coderbus and the server should remain/are separate?

How do you feel about current administrations attitude? Do you believe negativity towards players is an actual thing? What do you say about newer admin candidates that are encouraged to have this attitude or even selected for it?

What is one policy change you'd really like to be able to accomplish? Or why would you like to maintain current policy if you don't seek a change?

How do you feel about public logs?

What kind of expectations will you have for the administrative team and will you uphold certain standards?

How long have you played space station13?

Mime or clown?

Have you ever played lifeweb?

What are your feelings on singulo.io?
Spoiler:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #77587

When are you going to unfuck cult?
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #77588

Why do you want to be headmin?
Because the adminbase is constantly full of no-fun, circlejerking power abusers who get mad and fuck people over because they can get away with it. Most of the time, even if other admins disagree with the actions of a fellow admin, they refuse to do anything about it or even speak up because they don't want to be ostracized by the rest of the admin staff.

I believe that the current people in power need to have their actions better policed, and the user base needs to be less demonized for speaking out about the ones they believe are shit.

Do you think the power of the position would go to your head easily? If no why not/past experiences that provide examples of you handling positions of power.
As somebody who plays primarily medical doctor, barman, and sometimes virologist, being in power is not something I like to exploit. I have been head admin of a Ragnarok Online private server of over 300 active players at peak hours (XenaRO) and spent most of my time just answering help questions and running events.

In the image above, since people seem to misunderstand it, that picture was drawn by somebody after I received a job ban from security for arresting a traitor who I caught cutting cameras, smashing lights, throwing explosive tomatoes and having a revolver in his bag. He was an admin's friend and got me job banned for it, which is the kind of shit that needs to stop.

Do you think coderbus and the server should remain/are separate?
I do not believe that coders should be able to influence server policy, if that's what you mean. They're coders, not the community. The community should be the ones who

How do you feel about current administrations attitude? Do you believe negativity towards players is an actual thing? What do you say about newer admin candidates that are encouraged to have this attitude or even selected for it?
I believe that a certain group of people believe the second they become an admin or even trial admin that they become "better" than the normal players instead of being people meant to assist the players in having a good time. I also believe that like in all communities there is a type of tribe mentality in some of the administration where they look for likeminded individuals. So yes I definitely think some of the admins have negative attitudes toward players.

There is a big difference in between "fun police" and "fun-police".

What is one policy change you'd really like to be able to accomplish? Or why would you like to maintain current policy if you don't seek a change?
I would like to enact a policy where the admins will have to actually take player feedback and complaints seriously instead of brushing them off as "Well they're just mad" and circlejerking.

How do you feel about public logs?
Cut out IP addresses and it's fine I suppose? If admins did nothing wrong I don't see why they would care besides the IP address.

What kind of expectations will you have for the administrative team and will you uphold certain standards?
I expect the people who are circlejerking about how shit everybody else is should have to stop.

How long have you played space station13?
Around 6 or 7 years. I don't even remember. I was playing goon long before they released a version of their code.

Mime or clown?
Mime

Have you ever played lifeweb?
Nope.

What are your feelings on singulo.io?
My feelings on what now?
bandit wrote:When are you going to unfuck cult?
I don't know, I wasn't the one who fucked it. It was whoever fucked with it after I did the tome rework.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #78023

do you have any proof of a "we are better than you attitude" among the administration?
do you think we just ignore feedback? if so give examples
I've had players sway me to a point of view and I certainly don't think I'm "better" than them
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #78036

Sometinyprick wrote:do you have any proof of a "we are better than you attitude" among the administration?
I've had players sway me to a point of view and I certainly don't think I'm "better" than them
I was going to go through the admin complaint section and just start linking threads but I feel like it's easier to just direct you to the admin complaint section.

Here is the general flow of an admin complaint thread.

Step 1: A player or players bring up a complaint about an admin.
Step 2: An admin chimes in "Yeah well it's not really that bad."
Example: "The round was going on for an hour."
Example: "Some people wanted things to happen maybe." (No logs for people actually asking for things of course.)
Example: "Well you can count it as an event."
Step 3: Another admin comes in and agrees with the first admin.
Step 4: Thread is locked.

And last I checked, players aren't even allowed to post relevant information in admin complaints.The rule says "Unless you were DIRECTLY involved, were the person, saw the person." whatever, and from what I've read even when they WERE directly involved they aren't allowed to post, on the other hand the admins who weren't there, weren't the admin, or didn't see what happen can completely post and side with the other admin. "I checked some logs so I know exactly why it happened and I agree with his actions even if it ended in the round end of players, majority of people disagreeing, etc." because they're just players and they're "just whining".

So yes, there's a pretty obvious air of better-than-thou amongst the current adminbase, because they look down on the players as just whiny children, where if they complain they're just crying because they died or because they red texted, and not because their opinion is valid at all.

On the other hand, if an admin or a trial admin is a complete dick to everybody and answers it with "Well that's just how I am", the admins flock to his or her defense with a collective "deal with it".
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #78043

:honkman:
Sabbat wrote:
Sometinyprick wrote:do you have any proof of a "we are better than you attitude" among the administration?
I was going to go through the admin complaint section and just start linking threads but I feel like it's easier to just direct you to the admin complaint section.

Here is the general flow of an admin complaint thread.

Step 1: A player or players bring up a complaint about an admin.
Step 2: An admin chimes in "Yeah well it's not really that bad."
Example: "The round was going on for an hour."
Example: "Some people wanted things to happen maybe." (No logs for people actually asking for things of course.)
Example: "Well you can count it as an event."
Step 3: Another admin comes in and agrees with the first admin.
Step 4: Thread is locked.

And last I checked, players aren't even allowed to post relevant information in admin complaints.The rule says "Unless you were DIRECTLY involved, were the person, saw the person." whatever, and from what I've read even when they WERE directly involved they aren't allowed to post, on the other hand the admins who weren't there, weren't the admin, or didn't see what happen can completely post and side with the other admin. "I checked some logs so I know exactly why it happened and I agree with his actions even if it ended in the round end of players, majority of people disagreeing, etc." because they're just players and they're "just whining".

So yes, there's a pretty obvious air of better-than-thou amongst the current adminbase, because they look down on the players as just whiny children, where if they complain they're just crying because they died or because they red texted, and not because their opinion is valid at all.

On the other hand, if an admin or a trial admin is a complete dick to everybody and answers it with "Well that's just how I am", the admins flock to his or her defense with a collective "deal with it".
under the anon - amendment if you have a valid point or argument you are allowed to post and admins if they do not have a valid point or argument are not allowed.
never has anyone said "their just players" "they're whining!"
there have been plenty of cases where player complaints were totally valid and addressed, such as some complaints against BlessedHeretic
We don't treat players like dirt or ignore what they have to say and It's strongly encouraged to always remain polite and civil with players no matter what.

EDIT
Fixed it
just for you :^)
Last edited by Sometinyprick on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #78049

They're*
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #78065

I don't understand how you could want to lead a team of people you think so little of.

Admin oversight and rooting out abuses is my gig. As a headmin you should be focusing on rules and policy, not trying to sell yourself over on the playerbase promising to do things you can't.

If you have problems with the rules and the way people have been enforcing them it's entirely in a headmin's power to change the rules and the policies for them.

You're not going to be elected and walk into adminbus and just start firing or threatening to fire people.
Your not going to have that power.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #78069

I never said I'd fire people or that I'd have the power to.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #78110

An0n3 wrote: Your not going to have that power.
Hasn't that traditionally been the role of head admins?

What's the point of enforcing policy (which must remain nebulous, because it's a nebulous game) if you can't pick people who are going to enforce it?
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #78130

An0n3 wrote:You're not going to be elected and walk into adminbus and just start firing or threatening to fire people.
Your not going to have that power.
So the people who vote for Sabbat and want the changes he promises aren't going to get those changes because you won't allow him to make those changes?

What's the point of this election if headmins don't have any power?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #78144

Headmins set policy and rules.

If someone isn't following the rules they outline it's a problem, sure, and if they show someone being uncooperative and not listening and doing their own thing we'll get rid of them, sure.

No headmin has ever been able to walk in and just start axe'ing folks they don't like.
I can't take this power away from people because they've never had it.

Each headmin election is not an opportunity for someone who is elected to restart adminbus and handpick their entire team of admins. We have a whole process everyone in adminbus has gone through to prove that they know what they're doing and are dedicated to doing it.

If anyone catches someone abusing their powers or doing something they shouldn't be by all means report it to me, please. But not for years since we started the votes has a headmin had the power to singly say "fuck this guy!" and just deadmin he.

If you guys think you want a candidate who is going to be tougher on admin conduct that's fine. Vote! But be aware that Sabbat's not really outlining how exactly he plans to do this? And some of the threats he's making he can't really come through on. My point is that there's a whole system in place for policing admins and removing admins that aren't working out and it's not "I think you're a circlejerking unfun jerk get out".

If he thinks that admins and policy is unfun, he should be talking about his suggestions for improving that and making it more fun instead of just trashing the current administration.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #78146

When elected as best headmin of our generation, I promise to make sure admins aren't actually shit and in the event of circlejerking nominate the offenders for punishment.

Did I word that good enough for you, An0n3?

Vote Sabbat, vote the peoples admin(TM)(R)(c)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #78147

Can you name some examples of shitty admins and the behavior you've seen that qualifies as circle-jerking?

I just don't know where you're getting this insight from when you're not allowed in adminbus to see how we actually communicate, nor have you even connected to the server in the last year and a half.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #78149

An0n3 wrote:Can you name some examples of shitty admins and the behavior you've seen that qualifies as circle-jerking?

I just don't know where you're getting this insight from when you're not allowed in adminbus to see how we actually communicate, nor have you even connected to the server in the last year and a half.
For specific examples of circlejerking I will direct you to https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=23

If you want IRC logs or in game logs I don't have any because I don't save logs. :^)
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #78152

An0n3 wrote:But not for years since we started the votes has a headmin had the power to singly say "fuck this guy!" and just deadmin he.
So even if that's what everyone votes for and wants they won't get it?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #78181

WeeYakk wrote:
An0n3 wrote:But not for years since we started the votes has a headmin had the power to singly say "fuck this guy!" and just deadmin he.
So even if that's what everyone votes for and wants they won't get it?
If everyone on the team is upset with someone and can't work with them that's another thing entirely.

For what it's worth I don't think you're a good candidate because you haven't said squat about your take on any actual rules or policy. But I do think having you win the election would be interesting.

When you find out that we're not out to get people, there're no "coverups" and no admin abuse, and you have to tell everyone that your plans to crack this thing wide open amount to nothing because it's really a lot more boring and straightforward than you would ever imagine...will they listen?

Or will they just immediately turn around and figure you've been indoctrinated or bought out or something?

My big worry with you winning and why I keep arguing with you is that I'm convinced after this whole autistic Rorschach thing falls flat on its face you wont do anything and the other two headmins will end up doing all the actual work.

Like your claim that you were security jobbanned by someone because you arrested their admin friend? The only secban you have in your record was put there by Intigracy because you asked for it.
And that was in March of 2013. And this is an ongoing thing that needs to stop? A ban you requested from two years ago from someone who has since been deadminned is still a problem plaguing the server that you mean to make right?

The only thing that comes up when I google it is this:
http://wildhogs.canadian-pharmacy.us/ph ... 525#p41525

A post where you claim that non-antags committing crimes should be bannable.
Is that a policy you still stand-by? Is that "fun police" or is that "fun-police"?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #78245

An0n3 wrote: The only thing that comes up when I google it is this:
http://wildhogs.canadian-pharmacy.us/ph ... 525#p41525

A post where you claim that non-antags committing crimes should be bannable.
Is that a policy you still stand-by? Is that "fun police" or is that "fun-police"?
To add on to stuff from the old forums, we have these snippets of your personality:

http://wildhogs.canadian-pharmacy.us/ph ... hp?p=82633
After all the nitpicking I went through with a simple rune change I've stopped caring/coding for SS13.
http://wildhogs.canadian-pharmacy.us/ph ... &start=140
It's not my game, I don't care what people do.
Lazy? I don't want to change anything for a bunch of ingrates who find something to bitch about. I do have a life outside of SS13, and I don't get paid to change code, so it's not "lazy", it's called "This game is open source and anybody who wants to can code things for it, the only people who are lazy are the ones that want something changed and refuse to do it themselves, instead blaming everybody else when something they don't like happens".
http://wildhogs.canadian-pharmacy.us/ph ... 357#p82357
As already stated, Coderbus hates fun and thus instantly denies anything involving the emag. Emagging an emag should create a super emag, destroying one of the emags, and if you emag a super emag it should create endless amounts of fun.
I don't want to keep going on and sound like I have some sort of vendetta, because there is more. it's just that I remember you as this huge ass who would just instantly fly off the handle about everything any time any sort of negative feedback or anything that has slighted you in any way at all.

My question simply is; have you changed since then? You disappear from the server for about a year, and then come back asking for a headmin position. Why would you be better than all of the other candidates who have shown to be more level headed?
Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #78261

You think that's "flying off the handle"? How is "It's not my game, I don't care what people do." considered "flying off the handle"? I am not disabling ad block to read the rest of these posts.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #78263

Sabbat wrote:You think that's "flying off the handle"? How is "It's not my game, I don't care what people do." considered "flying off the handle"? I am not disabling ad block to read the rest of these posts.
you don't need to, there's a JS element you can block(with adblock funnily enough) that pulls the bullshit. Lemme find what it is.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #78269

Do you still believe that only bad evil sociopath manchildren play as security?
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #78315

My question is who nominated you and are they a real person not your imaginary friend?
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #78371

Anon, you should shut up and not fling shit at candidates you don't like. You're the host, not a voter.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #78534

Are you satan?
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #78548

Amnestik wrote:Anon, you should shut up and not fling shit at candidates you don't like. You're the host, not a voter.
It's perfectly reasonable for anyone to asks questions whether they vote or not.
In the same way as a "underage" voter in real elections can ask a questions.

Ultimately its one persons opinion and question, its up to you how you view the question itself and the response (or lack of).
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #78826

Quoting someone's previous thoughts on actual policy and rules is "shit flinging" now.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #78839

My second question is why have you stopped answering questions, have you rage quit again?
Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #78898

Malkevin wrote:My second question is why have you stopped answering questions, have you rage quit again?
What questions?
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #78916

Sabbat backwards is Tabbas. Food for thought.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #79759

Cipher3 wrote:Sabbat backwards is Tabbas. Food for thought.
Cipher3 backwards is 3rehpic. I rest my case.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #79767

Sabbat with the letters rearranged spells Cipher3. Nice sockpuppetting.
Spoiler:
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #80010

Maccus wrote:Sabbat with the letters rearranged spells Cipher3. Nice sockpuppetting.
Quick admin conspiracy delete the thread before the unwashed masses learn the truth.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus