DEMOCRACY RETURNS: REVENGE OF THE DECISION

Resolved.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Re: DEMOCRACY RETURNS: REVENGE OF THE DECISION

Post by Falamazeer » #115831

Bottom post of the previous page:

Tsaricide wrote:I'll fit an entire term of work into the <1month I have.
Oh come on dude, It'll be for naught if you pass the reins to 'Stifles-the-Forums' and 'Ruins-the-Chemisty'
Much less 'Runs-the-Elections" who is considering applying.

Seriously, one of you have to run, or I swear I'm voting for saegrimr, because I'd rather watch the collapse of civilization sooner rather then later.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #115832

I just noticed there are people who are actually endorsing me for some strange reason.
I have no intention to run for headmin unless it really does end up being only two people, and I don't intend to touch policy unless its to clarify existing practice or act as a tiebreaker.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #115843

Can we start banning people who make joke headmin application threads? Just forum ban them until the elections are over.
oneechan
Byond Username: MajorAppleSauce

Post by oneechan » #115845

Are we going to have headmin debates?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #115850

Any future mentions of ascii penis going foward will be met with forum bans and your ineligibility to run

This message has been brought to you by the singulo.io transparency and wellness department.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #115879

Fuck guys, this isn't supposed to happen yet. Two months too early.

I'm still getting settled into my new place, and I haven't played the game in ages because I'm working through my vidya backlog.

I can throw in my hat if you guys really want, but since I'll probably be as useful as HG for the first few months that's probably not a good idea.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #115880

It was pushed up due to 2/3 of the headmins having to resign.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #115881

Sounds familiar
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #115891

i know endorsements are dumb but i would fully support HBL for headmin
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #115936

Endorsements are no longer needed. Poorly implemented idea was poor. Sorry.

EDIT: I'm also not running, glad that the threat of me being a candidate motivated folk to run.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #116036

QuartzCrystal wrote:WEDNESDAY IS THE DEADLINE TO MAKE YOUR CANDIDATE THREAD. ENDORSEMENTS ARE NO LONGER NECESSARY.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #116206

QuartzCrystal wrote:
THERE WILL BE A TRIUMVIRATE, ONE HEADMIN WILL BE DECIDED BY THE PLAYERS, ONE HEADMIN WILL BE DECIDED BY THE ADMINS, AND THEN ONE WILDCARD ADMIN THAT MSO HASN'T FULLY DECIDED HOW WILL BE CHOSEN (yet).
NikNakFlak wrote:I dont want to be voted on for players, I only wanted to be in the admin election but apparently that's not a thing anymore.
Wait what? Is there a closed election for admins or not?
Because I was under the impression there wasn't, and so was niknak apparently.

and there shouldn't be, This allows unpopular people to ride the coat-tails of the admin circle jerk (Hyperbole, just an easy term) and wind up in charge.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #116211

Falamazeer wrote:Wait what? Is there a closed election for admins or not?
There isn't. One group of candidates, separate group votes from players and admins.
Falamazeer wrote:and there shouldn't be, This allows unpopular people to ride the coat-tails of the admin circle jerk (Hyperbole, just an easy term) and wind up in charge.
A single pool of candidates doesn't stop that. Hypothetical SuperBadmin9000 could just enter the pool for running on knowledge he wouldn't get a single vote from the players but snap up every vote from the admins.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #116214

that's why this is dumb. it should be vote for vote, no separation, first and second place get headminship.
Mark my words, the admin vote and headmin vote will show a marked seperation in results.

but I get it now, if you enter for one you enter for both. that's what niknak meant, He figures he'll do well in one but not the other, I just got confused.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #116341

make me admin
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #116398

Falamazeer wrote:Mark my words, the admin vote and headmin vote will show a marked seperation in results.
Yeah, because admins vote first for their headmin, as it was requested by the players.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #116404

QuartzCrystal wrote: as it was requested by the players.
I don't think most players would have requested an even 50/50 headmin position split.
Unless you mean https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3747
this poll here, the poll where the largest bracket is definitively two player votes one admin vote.

Which is entirely different obviously, two thirds of the positions being player choice was what people wanted, now it's one to one, with the third spot just sitting mysterious unclarified.

if you re-ran the poll to decide what people wanted with the new information in mind that only two positions are to be defined you'd get a different answer.

Edit: but it's your election, do what you will, but a potato is a potato, asking a question and using the answer for a different question doesn't exactly give you a "as the people requested" card to play.
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #116407

Saying that the players should have more votes because they voted for themselves to is a fundamental misunderstanding of why we're using democracy here.

The game requires players to function. The game requires admins to function. The game requires coders to function. If a large enough number of the people who fill any one of those positions decides to ragequit the community, then the server will die. So, in order to minimize the chance of a mass ragequitting, each of them should have a significant say in overall direction the game goes, in order to make it less likely that a chance that they seriously hate will get implemented. Coderbus doesn't exactly have their shit together well enough to pick their own representative right now, but giving that leverage to a headmin chosen to represent player interests would be defeating the purpose entirely.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #116411

Falamazeer wrote:
QuartzCrystal wrote: as it was requested by the players.
I don't think most players would have requested an even 50/50 headmin position split.
Unless you mean https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3747
this poll here, the poll where the largest bracket is definitively two player votes one admin vote.

Which is entirely different obviously, two thirds of the positions being player choice was what people wanted, now it's one to one, with the third spot just sitting mysterious unclarified.

if you re-ran the poll to decide what people wanted with the new information in mind that only two positions are to be defined you'd get a different answer.

Edit: but it's your election, do what you will, but a potato is a potato, asking a question and using the answer for a different question doesn't exactly give you a "as the people requested" card to play.
I was talking about people wanting the admin vote to happen first. That poll was useless as there are three votes, one admin, one player and one host. It's up to MSO how he'll decide what to do with his vote, if anything.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #116585

Deadline has come and gone. Stay tuned for the results of the admin vote, then when we'll be having the player vote.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #116734

ausops wins admin vote. becomes hated by the community when he takes the mantle of needed evil. goes the way of jesusmod.
malkevin wins player vote. shouts at coderbus. removes a bunch of rules. continually goes on about the "old days". is cucked by horny "this is my code" granny and gets upset.
goofball wins 2nd player vote. immediately breaks chemistry trying to revert it. other people fix the mess and he quits in shame.

predictions made.
I play Boris Pepper.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #116736

I would be interested to know where the host vote is going.
Jordie0608
Site Admin

Post by Jordie0608 » #116738

I imagine it'll be announced last to not affect the votes.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #116739

Makes sense.

if I had to speculate I would guess that either the vote will go to coderbus or to the runner up in the player vote.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #116895

MSO is most likely going to choose someone himself or leave it up to the admin and player vote choices.

EDIT: MSO has chosen Jordie to be the host pick. The admin vote results will likely be announced later today.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #117026

I don't really care but why was Jordie picked for a headmin role when he did not even put up a candidate listing? Just seems a bit out of left field when someone who, seemingly, expressed no desire to be a headadmin is suddenly made one.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #117029

Steelpoint wrote:I don't really care but why was Jordie picked for a headmin role when he did not even put up a candidate listing? Just seems a bit out of left field when someone who, seemingly, expressed no desire to be a headadmin is suddenly made one.
Host vote was not subject to needing to be chosen from the candidate list. MSO can explain his reasoning (just as Jordie can explain his reasoning for accepting it).

Perhaps next election we can request that MSO choose from the same list too? I don't think he would necessarily be opposed.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #117168

Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #117170

Congratulations to Ausops, long may he reign.

When do we take bets on who wins the player vote?
Jordie0608
Site Admin

Post by Jordie0608 » #117225

Steelpoint wrote:I don't really care but why was Jordie picked for a headmin role when he did not even put up a candidate listing? Just seems a bit out of left field when someone who, seemingly, expressed no desire to be a headadmin is suddenly made one.
The matter was largely resolved outside of and before the candidate stuff started at which point it would've be silly to participate in an election one was already ineligible for.
Forum Admin
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #117250

Malkevin has dropped out.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #117606

I'm still interested in competing, but with all the stupid rude admins trying to take the player votes with their EXPERIENCE and DEDICATION I doubt I'll win.

:(
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #117612

Ask to be trialminned. Get your foot in the door.
All of you, seriously. Its worth it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #117772

I'll run the player vote this afternoon when i get home from work.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #117862

Oi Quartz you chucklefuck, I was not too late, bring my thread back you rude dude >:v
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #117870

ShadowDimentio wrote:Oi Quartz you chucklefuck, I was not too late, bring my thread back you rude dude >:v
The deadline was last Wednesday you dip
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #117875

I know. I applies the day before, he just removed it because he had an aneurysm or something.

I'm certain I applied in time.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #117885

quartz said deadline was wednesday, he never said if it was at the start of the day or the end though so I guess he meant when it started and you made your thread halfway through the day.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #117887

B-but THAT'S NOT FAAAIR!! ;(
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #117908

Poll set up, will start at the top of this hour (5am GMT) and end 72 hours thereafter.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #117996

For some reason whenever i click to view new posts in this thread it jumps me up to Seagramir's comment about how people wanted him to run but he is not going to. Is it a bug or what?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #118619

There is now a run off vote happening between lollerderby and NikNakFlak who tied for the number of votes in the first round of voting.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #118652

Jordie, Ausops, and either NikNak or lollerderby?
I'm liking the looks of this.
Players can and will create their own fun.
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #118656

Lets go NikNak!
Hey.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #118678

I locked all the candidate threads except for loller and niky's, cause like, ask them questions or something.

I dunno, democracy. I miss when you guys were more nuts about this, now I see that Stalin was right.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #118684

When is the run-off vote scheduled to end?
Players can and will create their own fun.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #118738

QuartzCrystal wrote: I miss when you guys were more nuts about this, now I see that Stalin was right.
Can't say for everyone else, but I lost interest when anyone of merit stopped trying, And then two of the people I felt least responsible with the little authority they already had were handed the other positions without actual player input, for reasons I've already bitched loudly about.

And now the election we do have is the metaphorical turd sandwich or shit taco, I didn't even vote (Feel free to check and call me out) And the runoff vote I also don't intend to weigh in on, Because My hands are too full of the fucks I'm giving to bother clicking a button.

Dunno what a good solution is, but maybe you ought to investigate why people that had support decided not to run in the first place and solve that, rather than lamenting the fact that interest dried up.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #118786

Falamazeer wrote:Dunno what a good solution is, but maybe you ought to investigate why people that had support decided not to run in the first place and solve that, rather than lamenting the fact that interest dried up.
IMO I think it's apparent that being a headmin isn't actually fun as most of them quit.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #119054

Round One PreClean:
Lollerderby 42
NikNakFlak 38
iamgoofball 21
Skorvold 18
Jalleo 6
Tornadium 6
David273 3
Callanrockslol 2
I have no strong feelings, one way or the other. 30

Round One PostClean:
Lollerderby 31
NikNakFlak 31
iamgoofball 16
Skorvold 15
Jalleo 6
David273 3
Tornadium 3
Callanrockslol 1
I have no strong feelings, one way or the other. 20

Round Two PreClean:
Lollerderby 73
NikNakFlak 56
I have no strong feelings, one way or the other. 26

Round Two PostClean:
Lollerderby 58
NikNakFlak 49
I have no strong feelings, one way or the other. 16
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #119056

Congratulations to the new headmins, and a big thank you to everyone who took the time to run/vote/post or otherwise comment.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #119067

I was the only one that voted for you Callan.