NikNakFlak Headmin Thread

Resolved.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

NikNakFlak Headmin Thread

Post by NikNakFlak » #115670

Hi, I'll try to make this short and not a wall of text but

The only real thing that comes to mind that I want to solve policy wise is toxins and I want to solve it with a code solution. That thread was spawned from me banning a guy who meta'd oldman robustin because he was making bombs. Something needs to change to make toxins not an "antag" only job so I'll look into that if elected. I'll probably look into it anyway even if not elected or push to get it changed in someway regardless. I still firmly believe code solutions to be the best solutions.

I don't really have much to say. A few of my stances on stuff have changed and opinions vary on various stuff, I'd prefer you guys just ask questions then me trying to list stuff out. Last election I was very vocal about singulo but honestly nowadays I shitpost on it all the time and post my "shit art" memes on it that I make in paint so yea singulo is whatever. Public logs are fantastic and I almost use them more than admin logs simply because they are easier to use and pulling logs from the server is ASS. Rule rewrite is better than what we had but I still think it could use some touch-ups but ausops did a pretty good job in my opinion. All things I basically agree with I guess.

I honestly would rather focus on production of stuff over policy. Policy is all over the place most of the time. I guess I'm more about getting stuff done to make the server flow smoother than new rules or policy or whatever. Making ban requests handled more quickly instead of being ignored for weeks like they tend to be. More code solutions to problems (my usual stance) (the turrets on the nuke op shuttle are a great example but apparently they don't even work that well). I'm probably appealing to the admins more so than the players. The admins see how much background work I do and I kind of actively police all the bans that go through anyway and other stuff. (Apparently more admins have started doing this which is great because it makes it harder for bad bans to slip through the cracks.) I play pAI on sybil a lot so maybe you've seen me chattering around.

From the other thread: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4529
Admin endorsements:
Shadowlight213
Skorvold
Lollerderby
longbowman
Saegrimr

Player endorsements:
Shaps
Srifenbyxp
Ahammer18
Francinum
Nienhaus
Punnches420
Nexendia
oneechan
Falamazeer

Endorsements don't mean a lot since I started to make it a joke asking as many people as possible. I guess some notable names in there are shaps, srifen, lollerderby (well pretty much all the admins are notable) but I'm happy that I have some support I guess. As I said, I do more stuff behind the closed door which doesn't mean a lot because the players don't see it and they don't care that much. I'm the log diving database corgi meme I guess. Ask questions, I don't really know what else to say.
mfw it's a wall of text anyway
Punnches
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Punnches420

Re: NikNakFlak Headmin Thread

Post by Punnches » #115674

niknak is one of the most unfun admins i've ever encountered, constantly stuckup and normally is a cunt in every sense of the word. but honestly he's fair, a good admin and imo is one of the best candidates for headmin out of any admin currently. it's like having a choice between hitler and stalin. you know that millions of people are going to die, but you prefer to have it done with a nice good roast in the process.

10/10 headmin today
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #115676

>punches is a board moderator
w h a t
h
a
t
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
oneechan
Byond Username: MajorAppleSauce

Post by oneechan » #115701

Do you have any particular ideas about making toxins less antaggy?
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #115707

NikNak does fantastic work with database checking and ban management. The amount of time and effort he puts into his work is absolutely amazing. He's also not afraid to call out bad bans made by other admins when he sees them. Overall, excellent leadership qualities and outstanding dedication. He's probably the one candidate who is going to stay active and won't burn out for their whole term. I support him 200%
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #115725

oneechan wrote:Do you have any particular ideas about making toxins less antaggy?
Honestly, so far I'd probably just regurgitate what some other threads have already touched on.
The biggest thing that makes toxins an "antag" only job right now is that it has basically little use outside of blowing up the station. It's a good counter blob tactic right now but that's not every round so people would still have an excuse to metagame it. Apparently the very original function was to litterly just blow shit up. It wasn't for mining, it wasn't for anything, it was invented to blow the station up, and it's been around since exadv was working on ss13. That means were basically going to have to assign it a function and so far everyone seems to learn towards mining. It's been suggested before by others but the obvious first solution is to make bombs extremely effective on the asteroid, making even one bomb amazingly useful for miners. But even then, mining itself isn't as useful as it use to be because of the crusher so how effective will that even be? Should we also nerf bombs to make them less useful on the station? People don't like that either because some people enjoy their massive bombs and don't want to see it nerf. Were going to need a compromise or give some sort of incentive to use the bombs elsewhere. Another thing that was suggested was to only have toxins start out with one or two valves while the rest were locked away in the R&D office. It's more or less just another step for antags who want to blow up the station, but another hindrance may decrease bomb use and thus decrease the amount that it is metagamed. The very first step before all of this is to at least implement some of these ideas for one. As I said, this stuff was all talked about but nothing was even given a chance yet. Step 1 is to try one of these already offered solutions and see if it changes anything. The ideal solution would not nerf bombs but buff them in a use that isn't ripping apart station departments.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #115740

NikNak is an incredibly patient man (I'm sorry you'll get it eventually I swear) and I feel like he would make an excellent headmin. I'm curious, though:
Are there any current policies you disagree with?
What are your thoughts on basil and its playerbase? Is it a circlejerk of metafriends, is it an overflow server for Sybil, is it a place to offer a different style of play? Or is it something else entirely?
Thoughts on silicons? Wanna remove sec borg? Remove AI? Leave as is? Some other, less polarizing option?
Would you advocate or condemn allowing roundstart catbeasts?
Players can and will create their own fun.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #115760

I'm pretty tired responding to this at 2am so hopefully this doesn't become a garbled mess. Nothing comes to policy off the top of my head but maybe you have a specific example?

Concerning basil and it's playerbase. I adminned server 2, a living fuck ton (less nowadays), and so I know it very well. Is there some circlejerking metafriends? Yes, and it can get bad depending on what you get caught up in, and there are also metafriends who just keep it at that, friends but nothing gang like. I woudn't really see it as an overflow of sybil (even if sybil really did need an overflow) because people from sybil rarely go there. Whether it be from bad experiences, rumors, or they just would rather observe on the high populated server, bagil isn't an overflow because of that. Even though both bagil and sybil run the same rules, bagil does have a slower playstyle (but not always, it varys round to round) but this is merely a byproduct of lowpop in my opinion. With less people, you have less chaos, and less antags doing less antag stuff, meaning just in general, slower progression of a round. I would definitely say it's not something else entirely. It has it's issues which I guess are mostly just centered around persistent character relations and it's been talked about to death by the administration and we still haven't come up with a solution. Sybil tends to be sybil no matter what the population cap is, the population goes to 80 anyway and bagil is bagil, peaking at 25 and dropping to 0 in the peak of the morning.

Silicons are fine in my opinion. There was this big PR war with silicons that was probably fueled by salt. I rarely get adminhelps when adminning sybil about silicons and only one incident comes to mind recently that was resolved ICly completely with all parties mostly satisfied. Everytime a big silicon thing blows up, it's usually due to a recent event in server. I play AI rarely and even sprited my own AI core which is in game, and I play borg occasionally (but usually mediborg), and I just don't see that much of a problem. Everyone jumps on this "remove AI" thing and yet when I admin all these rounds all the time, no one on the server complains to me. For this reason I would probably lean against the removal of secborg and lean against the removal of the AI. I honestly believe it's a vocal minority on the forums.

I do not care about catbeasts at all. The only people who seem to care about catbeasts are female players who want to look cute or erp (there is a specific heavy erper player who prays for cat ears all the time). Catbeasts at roundstart would probably break some lore and some people are very vocal about this gay furry shit or whatever. I honestly just don't care if they were enabled or not. I have no opinion on it.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #115770

You're in the admin Illuminati conspiracy, but other than that, you're alright. Question time!

- What would you not like to see happen if you're elected?

- What do you offer compared to other candidates (at present, goof and the ASCII penis)?

- How do you feel about escalation of force as Security? What's acceptable, what isn't?

- Where did your name come from?

- If you had to choose any current admin to deadmin, who would it be and why?

- What's your opinion on Ian and Runtime?

- How restrictive should the rules be regarding non-antagonists and crime?

- If you could revert any one recent feature, what would it be and why?
NikNakFlak wrote:The only people who seem to care about catbeasts are female players who want to look cute
We don't all need kitty ears to look cute. Lizards exist, right?
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #115779

How do you feel about the HOT TOPIC of the day, the deletion of a headmin thread by forum nazi Jordie?

Feelings about the recent talk of AI/secborg removal/silicon nerfs?

Feelings about armour changes?

What weightings would you assign game modes? Doesn't have to be precise numbers but a general high/mid/low is nice.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #115857

- What would you not like to see happen if you're elected?
I don't know of anything specifically. I already stated I'm against removal of silicons because on the server no one seems to have an issue with them. I'm against massive changes that would potentially throw the server in a hugely different direction that players would not like. I'm not one for the huge massive changes of anything honestly.

- What do you offer compared to other candidates (at present, goof and the ASCII penis)?
All the candidates have some strengths and weaknesses. I personally think I have more experience than skorvold even though he has technically been an admin longer than me. I've never burned out before, still going strong with all the database stuff and regular adminning on the servers. I already review bans and stuff made by the other admins as stated before and lots of admins ping me with questions all the time. Goofball can code where as I am stuck to mostly making small changes and copy-pasta stuff that doesn't require much code knowledge. Not being an admin or interacting with the other admins puts him at a disadvantage and the fact that he is generally hostile with feedback to the point where he made an alt account just to shill anonymously just puts him down in my eyes. Now ASCII penis, man that is a tough one. I'm better at adminning and the database stuff than him and I probably know policy better but that penis is a figure head. I don't think I could ever match his image anyway. He's a man of the people and while I probably have better credentials, he's just a more likable person. Tough candidate to beat, truly.

- How do you feel about escalation of force as Security? What's acceptable, what isn't?
I was always alittle partial to security not getting to just murder anyone they wanted but players didn't like it and when Ausops re-wrote the rules, he made all antags valid again, even if they were in cuffs. I generally don't like it when anyone is murdered in cuffs but as Ausops pointed out to me one time, he kept getting adminhelps about antags that murderboned getting cuffed and then complaining when they were killed. So, the fact that security can execute any antag seems to be the better choice and we seem to be getting less issues about it so win win. As far as force goes, Ausops defined it pretty well and I doubt I would change anything. Rioters can be killed. People breaking into the captains office and the head of personnel's office can be potentially killed. Antags can be killed. Due to these deterrents, I honestly see less of this behavior from non-antags and otherwise security players seem to be doing a good job of keeping stuff non-lethal when dealing with regular criminals. I think security force, escalation of force, and execution policy concerning security are all pretty good right now.

- Where did your name come from?
Nik is my first name and when I was really young my siblings and I used to play this game called Harvest Moon: A wonderful life. It was a farming RPG game on the game cube and there were these little harvest spirits in the game called Nic, Nak, and Flak. Nic was the smallest one and because I was the youngest of my siblings, they assigned me that one and then my first older brother was flak because he ate a lot and then the leader was my oldest brother Nak. I enjoyed the game a lot and still have it to this day. One day I just had to think of a username for something so I just re-spelled Nic to my actual first name: Nik and plopped the other two names on to make NikNakFlak.

- If you had to choose any current admin to deadmin, who would it be and why?
None honestly. I had an issue with vekter once for not being up to date on code and policy but he got it in gear. Every admin seems to be doing a good job.

- What's your opinion on Ian and Runtime?
Has no relevance to headmin stuff but everyone knows I like corgis and own one. I have a cat and I like cats but Ian will always be my pet of choice with his snowflake code and amazing hats.

- How restrictive should the rules be regarding non-antagonists and crime?
Fine as is, the more things that security can handle without admins getting involved, the smoother the game runs, and the smoother the game runs for admins having to handle situations. The big factor here is usually repeat offenses. Someone stealing and getting brigged isn't such a huge deal unless they do it every round and just make the station a hell from security having to deal with every single round. A lot of different circumstances can happen so the usual safe bet is to adminhelp if a situation pops up and an admin can make a judgement call based on the factors but in general, looser more lax terms seem to the popular and the go-to way for this stuff.

- If you could revert any one recent feature, what would it be and why?
I know this is probably everyone's answer but it would be goofchem back to trekchem. It's been months and I still hate new chemistry. I used to play mediborg a ton before goofchem and even when he gave borgs back trekchem it still just seems that they are less useful than before. It probably isn't even possible to revert it and I don't have the code ability to do so, but I have hated the chemistry changes since their inception and continue to stand by my stance on them. I like trekchem and wish it was the standard chemistry again.

How do you feel about the HOT TOPIC of the day, the deletion of a headmin thread by forum nazi Jordie?
Jordie is hitler, but jokes aside, a headmin thread about a penis isn't helping anything and probably just muddles up the serious candidates. It's just a bit of fun kind of like the coders voting for BS12-Bot. Jordie does a good job though, so don't give him shit for it.

Feelings about the recent talk of AI/secborg removal/silicon nerfs?
Answered above in a previous post. Can't be arsed to type it all out again.

Feelings about armor changes?
When the big armor changed happened, everyone was upset and in the end a bunch of little PRs were made to the point where all the armor values were almost to their original values with slight changes. They were changed slightly here and there and so I think they are balanced a little better. I honestly don't notice it a lot in game and but I mostly play captain and Head of personnel. It's hard to notice it in game honestly so I can't really speculate it at all. A lot of the cases where I would be downed as a captain and like murdered, I doubt minor armor changes would have done anything to have changed the situation to end up in any other way other than me dead.

What weightings would you assign game modes? Doesn't have to be precise numbers but a general high/mid/low is nice.
  • traitor 8.0% Bread and butter of spessmans but I put it here because I feel like traitorchan is more interesting and should be the staple
  • Changeling 0.0% Changeling are awful as solo antagonists and they are very boring and make slow rounds in my opinion
  • nuclear 10.5% A personal favorite of mine and very fun, too much of it in a row is awful but more or less, just keep it in equal value with gang and wizard
  • gang 10.5% basically team rev but it seems to end in more fun shoot-outs so this is why it's higher than rev
  • traitorchan 15% The new bread and butter of spessmans. Basically it's traitor but with changeling fuckery mixed in with potential for traitorschangelings.
  • wizard 10.5% Another good round like nuke that I decided to keep at the same percentage of it. Can be super fun or boring depending the wizard but it seems more popular than malf (lmao)
  • blob 6.0% I love blob, but right now with bombs just fucking it easily, I feel like blob could use some major refactoring so for now I have it set pretty low
  • double_agents 8.0% Slightly lower than nuke, gang, and wizard because these rounds are crazy fun but also crazy destructive
  • cult 6.5% I personally dislike cult and feel that it never plays well. kind of the same story as blob right now honestly.
  • malfunction 6.5% For some reason, malf rounds never seem to go over well like they used too. Maybe it's just an influx of bad AI players lately but the AI always seems to lose. Same story as cult and blob really.
  • revolution 8.0% Chaotic round kind of link double agents or nuke but usually ends up with tons dead so I set it slightly lower than gang, nuke, and wizard but in line with double agents.
  • shadowling 6.5% Still needs work, but I had a lot of fun as a Shadow ling so maybe with some work this can have it's percentage bumped up and it could be a staple round. I personally like it a lot.
  • Ragin' Mages 3.5% Like wizard but more chaotic and arguably worse, it just never seems to end well and everyone just sits dead for awhile. It's good on rare occasions so it's set pretty low
  • Extended 0.5% I like to give this a chance to be in circulation because it's like a free round for an admin to maybe try something new in terms of an antag.
I'm not super good with these numbers so that's just like a rough guess based on round experience and how fun and how the flow of the rounds go gamemode to gamemode
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #116439

you are not retarded and have put a lot of effort in so you will be one of my two votes.
please keep to your promise of removing changeling and bumping up traitorling though.
I play Boris Pepper.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #116485

I want to say I endorse NikNak. They're one of the few admins who actively make sure ban's stick. Frequent database scans and cross checking. Obviously very well organised and has been around long enough that they know all the ins and outs of both the playerbase, code and game in general.
They often have quite good unbais input and have advised me personally on admin in the past.

My only concern is they're a good admin and headmin positions notoriously burn out people, NikNak is not an admin that we could afford to loose well... ;_;
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #116666

>Niknak ever burning out.
I think if he ever managed to burn out, he would explode and destroy the database and server.
Lilah
Byond Username: LilahNovi

Post by Lilah » #116819

I ENDROSE U
:heart: Image :heart:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #116829

So anti-fun it hurts though

and pro lizard penetration
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #116834

Stickymayhem wrote:So anti-fun it hurts though
Please provide examples
and pro lizard penetration
See the erp ban thread
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #116844

I support Niknak
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
francinum
Byond Username: Francinum
Github Username: francinum

Post by francinum » #116847

Ahammer18 wrote:I support Niknak
Spoiler:
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #116853

I really hope you win the admin vote, NikNak.
Players can and will create their own fun.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #117923

Last elections have started. Any last questions to ask or comments appreciated.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #117941

1) If elected, will you still dedicate as much time to sniffing out ban evaders and log-searching as you do now?
2) What is your opinion on how the BYOND sticky ban system works?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #118033

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:1) If elected, will you still dedicate as much time to sniffing out ban evaders and log-searching as you do now?
Probably. It's a pretty normal routine for me at this point and the time I spend on it isn't likely to change regardless of circumstances. It's easy to balance that stuff with any other duties because there is still a lot of idle time for admins simply due to the nature of waiting for adminhelps.
2) What is your opinion on how the BYOND sticky ban system works?
Surprisingly robust and effective at catching people in a Net. I've actually been told a bunch of different things on how it works but I know the general gist of it and it's been very effective at doing it's job.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #118051

Here we can see some overwhelming public support for me:
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #118087

What are your views on the largely talked about, ERP ban?

What would you change the antagonist percentages too?

Would you make a change to how ban appeals and requests were watched over? This meaning, that they don't go days without an admin posting, or the ban requested person allowed to just not post in because they're lazy.

From the earlier question, if a person is ban requested do you believe they should be forced to defend themselves and not play it off as a joke?

Would you attempt to make any changes to how staff effected ingame play?

Would you change the ability for Sec to obtain Valids without captains authorization for execution?

Would you be in favor of more strict security lethal rules?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #118148

sirnat wrote:What are your views on the largely talked about, ERP ban?
I don't care in the slightest. Whatever people want is what they should get. An in-game poll could be run, get the server opinion and then that could be made official and people would stop whining since it was be an in-game poll.
What would you change the antagonist percentages too?
I don't really know what they are now but, I have noticed a smaller amount of lings and traitors in the rounds. I guess it depends on the population but it always seems to be a bit of a snooze-fest. I probably would like to see it slightly higher.
Would you make a change to how ban appeals and requests were watched over? This meaning, that they don't go days without an admin posting, or the ban requested person allowed to just not post in because they're lazy.
Ban appeals are handled pretty well in my opinion. Rarely do they get ignored and if they do, someone usually kicks the admin in the butt. Ban requests are another story. I clean them out (resolve a bunch at once) if they ever stack up but sometimes the ban requests get ignored and sometimes admins will "start" to investigate and then just never post again. As for the lazy part about a ban request in which concerns another person, you are referencing your specific ban request you have up. The problem with him ignoring it has been handled and with the watch list it's easier to catch people to tell them to post, but if not, we sometimes also give out permabans if people ignore them even after we told them to post. Not everyone goes on the forums so it's unfair to expect people to be watching like a hawk and to get mad at them when they don't post exactly on the day. I think it's handled pretty eh right now. I've been working on this problem for awhile and even made a thread in the admin forums about it awhile back. Ban requests are simply just a pain.
From the earlier question, if a person is ban requested do you believe they should be forced to defend themselves and not play it off as a joke?
Again, this is probably directly referencing your specific ban request. People are not required to post in ban requests. Heck, as long as they get contacted by an administrator and tell their side of the story, that's all it really needs. There have been a few times that someone told their story and wasn't required to post on the forums. Does posting on the forums make them a bit easier? Probably, but not required. As for the joke thing, yea what he said in OOC was pretty shit but that usually never happens.
Would you attempt to make any changes to how staff effected ingame play?
In terms of like what? Spawning more antags in a stale round or less events or something? I don't know if I would make any changes to this, I don't really know of anyone who abuses it too much and if they do, they usually get complained about and told to knock it off.
Would you change the ability for Sec to obtain Valids without captains authorization for execution?
No. Players hated when they had to get authorization from captains and it was a big administrative headache too. I touched on this earlier and already stated that I think security does a pretty good job with this. I haven't gotten a lot of complaints about people getting valid'd because most of the time, it's an antagonist who probably deserves it.
Would you be in favor of more strict security lethal rules?
Probably not. As also stated earlier, security seems to do a pretty good job of handling things non-lethally (mostly because stuns, not lethals are their main weapon) and I don't think they need an admin crawling up their butt every time they whip out the harm baton. Every situation is different but it's made pretty clear in the new rules Ausops wrote up. I don't get a lot of adminhelps concerning overuse of lethals from security. Heck, more people complain about long brig times than they do about overuse of lethal measures.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #118883

singulo.io

y/n
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #118964

Y
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #119022

Can I still call people stereotypical insults sentence enhancers when you get elected?
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.