Resolved.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Vekter for Headmin 2015 (E: NVM)

Post by Vekter » #115865

AUSOPS IS RUNNING GO VOTE FOR HIM INSTEAD

Eh, why not.

If elected, I'll do my best to keep /tg/ an open testing bed for the coders and to bridge the gap between players and coderbus even further. I'll also make sure the rules page is rewritten to be a shorter length than War and Peace, as well as reworking our ban request process.

Post any questions/comments please.

Endorsements:
1) Tedward (Admin)
2)
3)
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: Vekter for Headmin 2015

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #115867

He cannot be trusted

do not trust this man and his empty promises.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #115868

lol you caught me I'm just gonna turn everything into ponies and ban Skorvold

E: Also you know that shit where every elected triumverate just ends up being that one guy who disappears, that one guy who doesn't do anything and the one guy who fucks around with his power 24/7?

I promise I won't be those.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #115874

What do you mean by rework and how do you plan to mak the rules page shorter most of those rules and policy are important.
also i know that while i disagree with you over what this game should be your a reliable and dedicated comunity member
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #115877

We already rewrote the rules.

Unless you want my low rules shit, which I know you don't, you won't get it more concise with all the information needed. Me and Ausops did that as well as it could be done, or near enough anyway.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #115878

Supermichael777 wrote:What do you mean by rework and how do you plan to mak the rules page shorter most of those rules and policy are important.
also i know that while i disagree with you over what this game should be your a reliable and dedicated comunity member
1) As it is right now, most ban request threads end up either as a source to complain about someone being a dick, that person never answering the thread and then getting banned for 2 weeks (or whenever they respond), or for an admin and a player to bitch at each other for 3 pages. I'm still thinking over what exactly I want to do with it, but I'd like to see it be somewhere where a player can post somebody's fuckup and it can be responded to without danger of it becoming a gigantic ragefest.

2) The rules page is full of very specific cases where we've had to place rules for stuff that only happens every once in a while. I don't like that it reads like a fucking novel right now. A lot of those rules can be covered under "Don't be a dick", but we've had to make some of them because players tend to go "Well, it wasn't specifically against the rules!". Fuck that. So I think we can rewrite the page to be a little less specific while giving players more room to breathe on a lot of things.

What do you believe the game should be? I'm not here for me, I'm here for the players.
Spoiler:

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #115883

It's impossible to follow the rules if you don't know the rules. We can either go low rules and allow a shitton or we have to make things explicitly clear.

Sure most of that stuff is not being a dick but there's also things that are permitted. Why restrict that stuff if it doesn't have to be restricted.

Plus admins are a lot more consistent when all the stuff is laid out there. The admins were all over the shop for a while to be honest and they need to be brought back onto one point so people aren't having to change how they play the game based on adminwho
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #115884

Stickymayhem wrote:It's impossible to follow the rules if you don't know the rules. We can either go low rules and allow a shitton or we have to make things explicitly clear.

Sure most of that stuff is not being a dick but there's also things that are permitted. Why restrict that stuff if it doesn't have to be restricted.

Plus admins are a lot more consistent when all the stuff is laid out there. The admins were all over the shop for a while to be honest and they need to be brought back onto one point so people aren't having to change how they play the game based on adminwho
That's true, and I like the new rules. I think they're definitely better than what we had before.
Spoiler:

tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #115898

Im endorsing vekter, because he's actually a pretty good guy on the fourms and IG.
However, he needs to answer IRC more often.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #115900

tedward1337 wrote:Im endorsing vekter, because he's actually a pretty good guy on the fourms and IG.
However, he needs to answer IRC more often.
I go AFK a lot you nerd. It's way easier to get me on Steam.
Spoiler:

Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #115925

I've seen you have quite a few fits over expecting things that are quite frankly unrealistic for the /tg/ playerbase, such as the Miku Frost/Desucake SM thing (I'm aware it was resolved but the fact that you did it in the first place remains) and screaming about how it is "meta" to declare a group of redsuits with jetpacks and military belts as nuke ops.

How do you plan to change this behavior in the future? Can I be assured as a voter that my headmin will not very nearly ban me for asking a spriter for dicks?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #115926

what do you say to accusations that you are, in fact, a 'raging doucher'
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #115932

Scones wrote:I've seen you have quite a few fits over expecting things that are quite frankly unrealistic for the /tg/ playerbase, such as the Miku Frost/Desucake SM thing (I'm aware it was resolved but the fact that you did it in the first place remains) and screaming about how it is "meta" to declare a group of redsuits with jetpacks and military belts as nuke ops.

How do you plan to change this behavior in the future? Can I be assured as a voter that my headmin will not very nearly ban me for asking a spriter for dicks?
It's something I've been actively working on for a while. Both those incidents happened about 4-5 months ago. I feel like it's a behavior I've put behind me. As far as the dicks thing, I was under the impression that the player in question was constantly hounding WJohnson for the sprites (as in, asking him every time he popped up, actually wanting the things done for "use"), and not that it was some big in-joke between them. A misstep on my part. Note that the only one I actually took any action in was the initial issue with Desucake (As you pointed out, 100% resolved and a mistake I'm not about to make again), the others were just pointless angry rambling.

I've made some changes in my everyday life as well that are helping with my depression/rage issues, so there's that as well.
whodaloo wrote:what do you say to accusations that you are, in fact, a 'raging doucher'
I think there's a lot of the older playerbase who remembers when I played here while in college (about 4 years ago), and has a bad impression of me from how I acted back then. I'd encourage them to give me another chance. I'm a lot more chill than I used to be, and while I don't play the game nearly as much as I used to, I do admin when I have the time.

I also know there's people who's mind I won't change, and in their case, you don't have to vote for me. If you don't have any faith in me, nothing I say is probably going to change that. I beg you though, let me change your mind on what a headmin can be and can do. Let me listen to your complaints and problems, and I'll do what I can to fix them.
Spoiler:

Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #115949

I hearby rescind my candidacy and announce that I am fully endorsing Ausops for Headmin 2015.
Spoiler: