How about...

Resolved.
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

How about...

Post by Jalleo » #115882

Me?

The reason why I am considering headmin is mostly because I have been seeing far too much of the easy swaying of opinions and quick complaints against this thst and the other. While there are issues, I do believe that to properly solve them we have to proceed with proper experimentation in a thoughtful and proper time span. This is a primary long term issue that appears to be effecting the key policy and developmental issues that I see in our community.

I do believe that coderbus need to have a separation to a degree the reason for this is to let them have the responsibility and organization that they currently do and continue to have. While there are issues yes it is far better than having them tied to a leash firmly held by one person.

I shall update with more information when you ask me about it. If anyone wants to endorse me please post here and give a proper reason why.
If a admin is willing I am okay with my notes being put here for everyone to see. My usual character is Carson Moon along with Alpha 10 as AI and Alpha 20 as a borg. I shall stop using them from now until a point after the election and instead use a random name.

Ask away your questions I am online and awake
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Re: How about...

Post by newfren » #115977

How do you feel about the HOT TOPIC of the day, the deletion of a headmin thread by forum nazi Jordie and subsequent reinstatement by forum hero Quartz?

Feelings about the recent talk of AI/secborg removal/silicon nerfs?

Feelings about armour changes?

What weightings would you assign game modes? Doesn't have to be precise numbers but a general high/mid/low is nice.
Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #115990

How do you feel about the HOT TOPIC of the day, the deletion of a headmin thread by forum nazi Jordie and subsequent reinstatement by forum hero Quartz?

No comment

Feelings about the recent talk of AI/secborg removal/silicon nerfs?

silly idea with removal of secborg module its needed too much in our design, AI nerfs I am willing to listen to if it makes sense and makes the AI more rounded and having more flaws than just binary this effects this doesn't if ya know what I mean. Silicons could be changed about to become a bit weaker compared to humans in combat but they have to not be hard counters just things that affect them partially.

Feelings about armour changes?
Armour changes have probably worked out well in my opinion it makes sec weaker to a degree and everything more deadly but it may of been too much but I am not too entirely sure to be honest.

What weightings would you assign game modes? Doesn't have to be precise numbers but a general high/mid/low is nice.
Weightings I am not too sure about as some things like extended should occur very rarely but should be in just to allow admins to secretly force extended for their events so they can try and create enjoyment.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #117490

jalleo is a breddy cool dude.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #117491

What are you going to do to fix silicons?

Yes this is a trick question.
oneechan
Byond Username: MajorAppleSauce

Post by oneechan » #117492

I will vote for you if you will be a steadfast maverick on things in the code that I like, but still responsive to changing the things I don't like.
Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #117494

Scott wrote:What are you going to do to fix silicons?
Use a welder and use a ID card to open them up and repair some wires

Actual fixing of silicons is more for something for a actual coder to do or me when I have some coding experience on what to do since I don't currently have the actual experience to fix it.
There is no such thing as a trick question
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #117495

Wrong. You fix silicons with policy.

I'll give you another chance.
Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #117512

Scott wrote:Wrong. You fix silicons with policy.

I'll give you another chance.
Any policy change cant work until a code change on this topic.
oneechan wrote:I will vote for you if you will be a steadfast maverick on things in the code that I like, but still responsive to changing the things I don't like.
I cant agree to that fully as this is something potentially about muh opinions vs your opinions can we reach a middoe ground by having it try most of the times to be something right when you ponder back and sometimes wrong since I am a human and not a martian.