election thread

Resolved.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

election thread

Post by imblyings » #115908

I can promise the following baseline of activity, sustained through what is hopefully a four-month instead of six-month term,

Looking through bans on a minimum weekly basis.
One-two day response time for contested bans requesting a headmin.
About the same for contested policy issues.
Playing a few rounds each week at minimum.

If time, money and motivation permits,

New blood is life for /tg/, so is enthusiasm and the willingness to contribute back. While I won't promise anything other than the baseline of activity mentioned above, I sometimes concern myself with the server and playerbase health and time/money/motivation willing, I may look into things to maintain or boost those things.

The goal is pretty much just to keep /tg/ running satisfactorily until Christmas and keep it in no worse a state than when I found it, should I get headmin. You should probably vote for other more enthusiastic and idealistic people but I've entered the running just to provide what is hopefully a non-joke and 'yeah-it-could-be-worse' option.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: election thread

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #115911

Holy shit yes.

Ausops has proven time and again to be the best admin we have, their modesty and humble attitude proves that they are honestly just the fucking best.

Please god vote for Ausops, Ausops is the hero we need.

Please god yes.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #115919

Ausops a good, and probably my pick from the current people running
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #115923

I thought you were not running. This is a very very pleasant surprise and you have my full support.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #115924

I endorse or otherwise select ausops as my pick because they're pretty good, yup.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #115929

Actually I have a question for you. Where do you stand on the issue of server 2? Do you think it should be removed? Do you think it should have randomname forced?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #115942

The only issue I see with bagil at the moment is the lack of admins available to answer adminhelps. Time may rectify this or gentle persuasion may inspire some of the suitable bagil regulars to step up to adminning or DM'ing there. MSO and the patreon donators have more of a say in any other issues regarding bagil's existence than I do. Any headmin or admin will simply be providing an admin and occasional DM service there and I don't see the administration team pulling any coordinated strings to get it removed in the near future at least.

I don't really care about forced random-name and the fact is, anybody who wants to, will recognize players they often spend time with whether by how they talk, how they dress etc.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #115943

All i wanted to know. I am sick of playing spacemen on eggshells while people talk about removing a server they do not even play on because they heard there is a metafriend problem there. Vote fucking Ausops people.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #115948

If you're not gonna vote for me, vote for this guy.

E: Actually fuck it if you're serious about running I'm dropping out, I'd rather have you do it than me fuck it up.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #115978

How do you feel about the HOT TOPIC of the day, the deletion of a headmin thread by forum nazi Jordie and subsequent reinstatement by forum hero Quartz?

Feelings about the recent talk of AI/secborg removal/silicon nerfs?

Feelings about armour changes?

What weightings would you assign game modes? Doesn't have to be precise numbers but a general high/mid/low is nice.

Guys Ausops is so amazingly clearly the best candidate.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #116009

History is written by the victor. Do you want an ASCII penis to dictate history? There is no right or wrong answer here.

I haven't kept a close eye on silicon nerfs other than personal preference to remove the AI instead of nerfing it further, more out of pity and empathy than anything else.

I haven't really noticed it, although HoS players are a lot more squishier these days and there are various arguments for and against that.

If there's an incredible outcry against a particular weighting for a gamemode sure, bring the issue up otherwise there doesn't seem to be a need to change the weightings as they are now. I'll occasionally intervene and I think other admins do as well, with forced gamemodes sometimes, to break up the monotony or a bad string of RNG rolls.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #116020

Soft on crime, would rather sit on hands than take the effort to make a decision. will not be receiving my vote.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3603
Non antag greytiding Assistant shitbag steals the armory before getting looted himself, Gets arrested, goes rogue, I misgauge a flashbang, and he strips cuffs and robs me to my bones, then uses my equipment access and name to go on a powergaming loot run, Meanwhile I'm stuck in security trying to convince overloaded security that I'm an officer as well, try to get my shit back, failure, comms down, station blacking out, and the dirtbag continues his round in peace because ausops won't interfere with greytiding scums fun, except to convince him to return my ID, AFTER he had already aquired some new ones. the guy eventually got permabanned for unrelated reasons, but that's not all that helpful. Spent my round without my equipment, and most of it without access, while he ran around pretending to be the RD and still had my loot.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 66&p=92936
Round start HoP randomly flashes me in line, afterwards renames my ID village idiot lies about giving the access requested, takes desk litter retaliation as a que to strip me rob me, and gulag me, ausops asks him to release me, then fucks off. guy keeps my belt, gloves, and removes all my access after renaming me insufferable cunt, and the remainder of the round he keeps it, ausops sits on hands, and then acts like it's pulling teeth to get him to act on it at all despite headmin HG(may he forever remain afk) disagreeing, then quietly considers it resolved after having taken no further action.

It's a fine line to walk between keeping things IC, and letting things go hello kitty island adventure, and you suck at walking it, I do not support you and I encourage others to not support you. Barely passes muster as an admin, laughable to consider becoming a headmin.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #116023

The first instance was an incorrect arrest by you and the armory was looted after not before. While myself and laharl empathized, we made almost an unfair attempt to find any reason to ban him during that round and in the end, couldn't out of fairness. Of course, you weren't privy to that and I'm sure you thought you deserved none of that but you got out robusted and that was how it played out.

The second instance involved someone who at that time had no history of misconduct in a hop role, and was on his way to take you out of there after realizing he fucked up in adminpms as well as being told ic that he did. You were taken out and that ended my intervention, you were back in the round. Had I been more experienced I might have just spawned in replacement gear. Otherwise, I administrate by giving people the benefit of the doubt the first time usually, and I won't change or apologize for it. If you feel administrating should be handled differently here then by all means, find a candidate that fits you and support them.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #116024

imblyings wrote:The first instance was an incorrect arrest by you and the armory was looted after not before. While myself and laharl empathized, we made almost an unfair attempt to find any reason to ban him during that round and in the end, couldn't out of fairness. Of course, you weren't privy to that and I'm sure you thought you deserved none of that but you got out robusted and that was how it played out.
Incorrect? Excuse you, He had budget gloves, armory door pinged for budget gloves, I caught him getting looted and THOUGHT I saw a gun, Turned out later I was right, Don't even try to pin this on me, I had plenty to go on for suspicion, and I had more than enough for an interrogation room holdup while I searched him and tested his ID for illegitimate access. I was doing my job, and rather well at that, he was just a punkass greytider who utterly fucked me.
Then through your halfhearted efforts, left me fucked for the remainder of the round.

The armory WAS looted before, not after, I late joined, and the armory was already gone, hence me looking for budget gloves in the first place.
imblyings wrote:The second instance involved someone who at that time had no history of misconduct in a hop role, and was on his way to take you out of there after realizing he fucked up in adminpms as well as being told ic that he did. You were taken out and that ended my intervention, you were back in the round. Had I been more experienced I might have just spawned in replacement gear. Otherwise, I administrate by giving people the benefit of the doubt the first time usually, and I won't change or apologize for it. If you feel administrating should be handled differently here then by all means, find a candidate that fits you and support them.
This is what I mean by sitting on your hands, Getting me out of the gulag is a decent step at least, but the fuck continued to wear my gloves and belt most of the round, and I never did get the belt back, and I only got the gloves as a direct result of my own actions. You let me get fucked, and stay MOSTLY fucked, right up until lord singuloth in his infinite mercy ended my suffering, almost like a pattern isn't it?

An ahelp to you is worse than worthless, because at least a missed ahelp to an empty adminbus isn't consider resolved after a half hearted effort.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #116033

This isn't a ban appeal thread
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #116035

I'm aware, And I've already done all the arguing about it I'm prepared to do about it, both here, and in the original threads. anyone from here is free and encouraged to dig through it and decide if I'm a campaign smearing asshole, or if my assertion is correct.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #116103

Hidden fingerprints showed his story of entering the armory after his arrest checked out, and he took offence to you arresting him for something he didn't do without critting or killing you. Being dragged around by someone who was under arrest by you a moment before is unpleasant but they complied with an instruction to let you go.

It's not the first or last time someone will have their things stolen for no reason. The only thing I was concerned about was a player being gulaged and taken out of the round for no reason. Once that was fixed and the player responsible warned due to a lack of history, I saw no need in intervening further. While I regret not spawning in replacements and try to empathize to an extent with salt, I was also less trigger happy with buttons back then and having your stuff stolen is something I would have personally dealt with IC rather than view as a round ruining experience.
Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #116139

I was going to run but then I saw you were actually running so yeah, fuck that. I would have totally endorsed you when that was a thing but I honestly forgot.

You have my full support.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #116156

imblyings wrote:Hidden fingerprints showed his story of entering the armory after his arrest checked out, and he took offence to you arresting him for something he didn't do without critting or killing you. Being dragged around by someone who was under arrest by you a moment before is unpleasant but they complied with an instruction to let you go.
Nothing you say here is correct. You mishandled the case, and while this isn't the place to have another argument about it, I'm having my say, and your only defense is that you are human, which I understand, but I will not allow you to make claims that contradict the facts.

You wanna argue it? fine, Here is the timeline as provided by the parsed logs.
Spoiler:
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... uesday.txt
this is him looting the armory at 28
[11:27:58]SAY: Ghost/Boredone : How did Kaladin get in the Armory
[11:28:00]SAY: Beefy noob/(Project 2501) has made a priority announcement: GREYTIDE DETECTED LOOTING ARMORY

this is me logging in.
[11:28:21]ACCESS: Login: Wootanon/(Ham Sammich) from -censored(ip/cid)- || BYOND v501
[11:28:21]SAY: Project 2501/Beefy noob : Ham Sammich has signed up as Security Officer.

This is me following the case.
[11:31:39]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : How did the armory get looted detective?
[11:31:53]SAY: Monica Paynter/LNGLY : Budget insulated gloves fibers.

This is the arrest.
[11:42:47]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Ham Sammich(wootanon) shot Kaladin Stormblessed(thebeheader) with The electrode</font>

And the rest appears to be him mugging the captain and RD with my name and equipment.
[12:05:32]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Ham Sammich(thebeheader) shot Jonathon Hastings(evilglenn) with The electrode</font>
[12:05:41]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Ham Sammich(thebeheader) handcuffed Jonathon Hastings(evilglenn) </font>
[12:06:06]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Ham Sammich(thebeheader) stripped Jonathon Hastings(evilglenn) of the captain's headset</font>
[12:07:18]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Ham Sammich(thebeheader) stripped Jonathon Hastings(evilglenn) of the backpack</font>
[12:07:25]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Ham Sammich(thebeheader) equipped Jonathon Hastings(evilglenn) with the [12:09:35]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Ham Sammich(thebeheader) stripped Carter Lowe(utter) of Carter Lowe's ID Card (Research Director)</font>electropack</font>

You, without a doubt, screwed the pooch, and Let a doucher rob the armory, violate the investigating officers butthole, go on to loot the cap and RD, all without lifting a finger, which is understandably hard to lift a finger when you sit on your hands. Mike drop, peace out.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #116159

Falamazeer wrote:I'm aware, And I've already done all the arguing about it I'm prepared to do about it, both here, and in the original threads. anyone from here is free and encouraged to dig through it and decide if I'm a campaign smearing asshole, or if my assertion is correct.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #116160

TechnoAlchemist wrote:scathing boldquote
Because clearly I'm going to let a half assed attempt at swapping facts around go unchallenged.

Whatever, short of having to clarify or disprove again, I've had my say, Good luck.
Redblaze3000
Byond Username: Redblaze3000

Post by Redblaze3000 » #116161

I vote for you ausops.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #116186

Didn't ban me last night when I accidentally forgot to turn on singularity containment. You have my vote.
Mime: Depresso
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #116255

Changed how I thought about metagaming and roleplaying. Very sensible, sees the bigger picture, and is the best pick for headmin this cycle, imo.

+1 Game Master support
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #116440

whenever i see the name ausops, i think of some sort of anti-jewish operatives.
this makes you incredibly racist.
please enjoy my vote.
I play Boris Pepper.
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #117033

imblyings wrote:ban both lizards and kitty ears

suffer not the mutant to live
these are ideals i can get behind
consider yourself voted for
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #117061

Liggers should be forced to wear stripy PJs, y/n?
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #117216

Congratulations.

My advice now:
Take it easy, at least for the first month, and try not to overextend yourself, especially when you have a team behind you. You don't have to do everything at once.

Admin burnout is one thing but now you have leadership on top of that. Don't be afraid to put your foot down and make sure you give clear and consistent direction.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #117344

0/10 does not bow to the interdimensional lizard conspiracy, cannot be permitted to win
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #117480

:^)

and yeah, I appreciate the advice Ikkarus