Candidate Thread - Lollerderby

Resolved.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Candidate Thread - Lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #116436

I am running for head admin. Wasn't really sure about it, but more choices can't hurt (hopefully this isn't too late). If you've played at all in the last couple of weeks, you've probably interacted with or at least seen me at some point since I'm on all the time. I observe/play assistant as Rylie Pfeifer, and play security/medical as random name and appearance.

I don't have any big plans for policy, but if you want to know my views on any specific policy, or have any questions in general, feel free to ask.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Re: Candidate Thread - Lollerderby

Post by whodaloo » #116446

he doesn't use the ADMIN(Faggot) thing to talk in dsay most of the time

i like him more than most of the candidates
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #116566

Traitorsec?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #116577

Scones wrote:Traitorsec?
Not a huge fan personally, it validates greytide by lending some credibility to the dumbass screaming ";CHELP ROGUE SEC BEING KILLED OUTSIDE BRIG" and erodes the ability of security to work together. Would probably also lead to an overall decrease in security quality as playing a good officer becomes that much harder and more people ready up for security just for muh sec antag rolls.

Traitor captain would be neat though.

EDIT: Having said that, I rarely play antagonists and (used to) play security officer fairly often, so my perspective on this is pretty biased.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #118085

What are your views on the largely talked about, ERP ban?

What would you change the antagonist percentages too?

Would you make a change to how ban appeals and requests were watched over? This meaning, that they don't go days without an admin posting, or the ban requested person allowed to just not post in because they're lazy.

From the earlier question, if a person is ban requested do you believe they should be forced to defend themselves and not play it off as a joke?

Would you attempt to make any changes to how staff effected ingame play?

Would you change the ability for Sec to obtain Valids without captains authorization for execution?

Would you be in favor of more strict security lethal rules?
lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #118108

sirnat wrote:What are your views on the largely talked about, ERP ban?
I disagree with the ERP ban.
What would you change the antagonist percentages too?
I think they've been raised back from whatever they'd been lowered to, so they're mostly fine.
Would you make a change to how ban appeals and requests were watched over? This meaning, that they don't go days without an admin posting, or the ban requested person allowed to just not post in because they're lazy.
Ban appeals seem to be handled in a pretty timely manner considering how important the input of the banning admin is. Alternatively, you always have the option to appeal bans in #supportbus, which is generally faster.

A ban request will move a little more slowly until an admin takes interest in it, but considering they're more of a last resort (handling things in-game is always better) and there are relatively few of them, I don't think there's a particular need to improve on the framework.
From the earlier question, if a person is ban requested do you believe they should be forced to defend themselves and not play it off as a joke?
You shouldn't have to defend yourself, but you should at least be obligated to give your side of the story. It's up to the admin handling the request to decide if the issue is actionable and if so how it should be acted on. People generally will defend themselves in such requests because they can both communicate directly with each other, as opposed to in-game where they only communicate to the responding admin, but your only obligations should be to say what you did/why you did it and answer any questions the admin asks, just like you would if they pm'd you in game.
Would you attempt to make any changes to how staff effected ingame play?
For the most part, I think it's working pretty smoothly right now. Admins aren't constantly hijacking rounds for their super !!!fun!!! gimmicks, which is generally the most problematic way they can affect in-game play. You still do see TC trades and the like, and while they do change the round they don't often ruin it.
Would you change the ability for Sec to obtain Valids without captains authorization for execution?
Policy wise, no. Disobeying the chain of command is definitely a thing, but it is and should remain an IC issue. If you killed some guy the captain said not to, as long as you had sufficient justification to kill him there's no reason for admins to get involved. Of course, the captain should be free to demote you or punish you if he really needed the dude alive.
Would you be in favor of more strict security lethal rules?
I think our current security rule, that security is expected to use nonlethal methods when reasonably possible, is fine.
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #118595

1. What do you think about the AI and its alleged ability to act as an invisible antag hunting ghost ? Would you support even a few "no ai" rounds just to see how it plays out so we can have a better grasp on antagonist survival?

2. What is your favorite round type and why?

3. What direction would you like to see TG station go in, policy /and/ feature wise.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #118631

Atticat wrote:1. What do you think about the AI and its alleged ability to act as an invisible antag hunting ghost ? Would you support even a few "no ai" rounds just to see how it plays out so we can have a better grasp on antagonist survival?
A lot of people complain about the 'say ;AI CHELP' immediately shutting down antagonists, but I think it's much less of a problem with the camera changes. The only thing that's a little bit annoying is that it's not immediately obvious what vision a given camera grants, but if you're going to kill people in an area it's pretty easy to prepare now by cutting a few cameras and AI control wires. I don't see too much of the bolts of doom as of late, and even when I do they're usually bypassed in some way.

Not averse to trying no AI rounds though, there's a button to disable it temporarily on a round-to-round basis so it is completely possible to test it out without doing that thing where something is run ostensibly as a trial only to inexplicably become permanent over time despite community outcry.
2. What is your favorite round type and why?
Gang is pretty fun to play as either security or assistant, which are currently my most played jobs. Lots of action, lots of fighting, only annoying thing is gangsters who recall again and again when the singularity is loose, the station is in shambles, and there is zero chance of a dominator succeeding.

I like vanilla traitor or traitor + lings a great deal as well, it's a good mode to try building an autism project/experimenting with a new mechanic or discovery/running a goofy gimmick.
3. What direction would you like to see TG station go in, policy /and/ feature wise.
Policy wise I think we're in a fairly decent place, it might be nice to run a few more low rules rounds then and again but as I've said before I have no big plants to overhaul/scrap the existing ruleset.

Feature wise I dunno, it might be cool if there were more environmental hazards, as it stands the only real environmental thing is atmospherics, and the only way it can go wrong without player invention is a hull breach, which is awesome and all, but I would like a little more PvE.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #118884

singulo.io

y/n
lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #118916

oranges wrote:singulo.io

y/n
Yes of course.