[Deleted] Borg Cherry Picking Laws

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

omnitricks

Borg Cherry Picking Laws

Postby omnitricks » Thu May 22, 2014 8:24 am #7995

Your byond account: Omnitricks
Your character name: Cannot remember because the server restarted but I was one of the Chemists
Their character name: Cherry (Secborg)
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Server restarted so couldn't get it
Server and time: Sibly, 22/5 8:15 GMT
Logs and/or screenshots: Server restarted
Description of what happened: Ion storm so there was a law that not having robotic briefcases are harmful or something. Headed to escape shuttle like everyone else then suddenly "zap" secborg tazed, cuffed and put me in the brig. Did the same to the chef as well (although I heard he was attacking people the whole shift) When I asked the borg why I was arrested he pointed me to that law and started stunbatoning me eventhough I was bucklecuffed to the chair to prevent me from talking. When I pointed out that everyone else in the escape shuttle also does not have briefcases and he should either arrest them too or release us he refused to listen and continued stunbatoning.
Why they should be banned: I have no idea what was going on but for all I know it might be metagrudging because I heard the janitor was getting borged and before that there was no secborg. (I was telling everyone that he killed Ian when I saw it happen and he was breaking into EVA when i was looking at the crew monitoring console) sparking the manhunt for him. If not then it was just a shitler wanting to ruin the round for other players by deliberately victimizing them since by his logic everyone in the shuttle without a briefcase should have been brigged along with us.

EmptyK01

Re: Borg Cherry Picking Laws

Postby EmptyK01 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:43 am #7999

I was on that round and I can say that one of the borgs was not breaking it's laws, but wasn't being satisfactory. I cannot remember it's name.
OOC: EnterDOT: I want the US to have a president that for once isn't like Hitler
OOC: EnterDOT: I mean Hillary Clinton

Subtle

Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Postby Subtle » Fri May 23, 2014 9:38 pm #8448

I'm having a difficult time finding references to pull from the logs, both attack/speech.
Are you certain there's no information you could provide to help me in investigating this incident before I speak with the borg?

Even something completely irrelevant you could be quoted as saying around the time of the attack would help.
~Ex-Ex-Admin and all-around swell guy; feel free to PM any comments, questions or concerns!~
[6/12/15] If I ever "Royally Fuck Up" (tm) in your case, I'll double the time you spent banned and apply it to myself.

omnitricks

Postby omnitricks » Sat May 24, 2014 2:50 am #8509

The only words I can remember being thrown around is briefcase, harm, shuttle and others actually in reference to the conversation. If it helps this happened in the emergency shuttle so its within the last 3 minutes of the round.

Golfer45

Postby Golfer45 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:34 pm #9759

Hello I played Cherry. I realize just not responding would probably mean no one would find out who played Cherry, but there are some inaccuracies here that need to be addressed.
First and foremost I love you title "Cherry picking laws" is clever and amusing. If I'm thinking of the right person you were arrested and brigged on the shuttle. A few minutes before the shuttle arrived you were seen attempting to stun a man with a briefcase. If I remember correctly you escaped, I found and arrested you on the shuttle. You were arrested for two reasons. First and foremost assault. Secondly but at the time more important due to my ioned law that stated "Not having a briefcase is harmful", the man you attempted to stun was carrying a briefcase. A successful stun would have caused him to drop it resulting in human harm. When arrested and in the brig you attempted to escape multiple times by unbuckling yourself and were stunned to stop from doing so. You also demanded a release you so you could get a briefcase. However I stated it would do no good since there were none left to take on the shuttle. Regarding whether or not I was metagrudging, I was a roundstart borg not once a janitor. Furthermore the janitor was never borged that round. I know this because I was ordered by the AI to remove the all access the clown gave to him and release him upon securing his ID. If I'm not thinking of the right person tell my what you did, becuase I can assure you were not arrested to stop you from acquiring a briefcase or something along those lines.

Subtle

Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Postby Subtle » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:31 am #11994

Jumping in to say that it wasn't a matter that needed OOC intervention so we can (officially) have this locked/resolved.

That's just a consequence of an odd law and the things that happen in response to it, there's no reason to apply a ban.
~Ex-Ex-Admin and all-around swell guy; feel free to PM any comments, questions or concerns!~
[6/12/15] If I ever "Royally Fuck Up" (tm) in your case, I'll double the time you spent banned and apply it to myself.

Return to Archived/Deleted