Moderator: Board Moderators

peoplearestrange
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Admin Applications [RED]

Postby peoplearestrange » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:02 am #130427

CURRENT THREAT ADMIN LEVEL:
RED

So to make things a little clearer, here's a traffic light system for whether we're accepting new admin candidates:

[RED] = No new admin candidates. We're good on admins right now.

[AMBER] = Accepting admin applications but only for certain timezones.

[GREEN] = Actively seeking admins. Short on admins for whatever reason.

(Of course this can be ignored by any headmin willing to take on a new candidate as they see fit.)
When applications are open, the best way to apply is to speak directly to an admin trainer or a headmin, either in game via Ahelp or on IRC on the #supportbus.
Of course we generally only candidate someone whos been active on /tg/ for awhile, that knows both how our game works and what our playerbase is like.

First step is AdminCandidate. People will remain candidates until their trainer feels they have a good understanding of the admin commands and how things work. As a candidate you will only be added to the admin text round by round, with no ability to remain admined when your trainer is not online.

The next step is TrailAdmin. Which you will be added to the admin text and a public feedback thread created. During this time you'll be expected to continue your learning and fuck up lots.

After a month or so as a TrailAdmin a public Trailmin review thread will be posted asking for direct feedback on whether you should be accepted, your trail extended or dropped altogether.

Any further questions should be directed to any headmin or ingame admin, via forum PM, IRC or in-game ahelp.

TechnoAlchemist

Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: Admin Applications [RED]

Postby TechnoAlchemist » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:56 pm #130459

Maybe now that we literally having a thread denoting the "alert level" people will stop canidating even after explicit conversations about how we don't need any more candidates.

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:13 pm #130506

Or we could use our words instead of traffic light systems like we're herding actual downies around a special school

Omni Tears

Spoiler:

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: NikNakflak

Postby NikNakFlak » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:18 pm #130507

Ausops tried that, get with the program
REDACTED
pm for deets

TechnoAlchemist

Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Postby TechnoAlchemist » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:20 pm #130509

Stickymayhem wrote:Or we could use our words instead of traffic light systems like we're herding actual downies around a special school

You know as well as I do that trying to communicate to the entire administration is like herding downies.
We have had threads about stopping recruiting from
American time zones and yet it did not stop.

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:24 pm #130510

Yeah because those criminal aussies won't ever listen to their Commonwealth overlords

Omni Tears

Spoiler:

IrishWristWatch0

Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Postby IrishWristWatch0 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:11 pm #130660

Stickymayhem wrote:Yeah because those criminal aussies won't ever listen to their Commonwealth overlords

They never do tbh
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗

<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish

Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words

420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass

Lzimann's best friend.

° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °

╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝

peoplearestrange
In-Game Admin

Postby peoplearestrange » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:13 pm #130661

Stickymayhem wrote:Yeah because those criminal aussies won't ever listen to their Commonwealth overlords

We barely listen to each other, and when we do its only to complain that someone is wrong. Why would they listen to us?

Plus our weathers shit.
/tg/stations' Ex-Forum Mother and a Game-Admin
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...

Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box - IceCreamCohn's #1 reason for signing up to the forums.

peoplearestrange
In-Game Admin

Re: Close Admin Complaints: Shed Edition

Postby peoplearestrange » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:33 pm #212862

The thing is, Goofball, is the way you handle yourself and this "point" of yours makes it seem like either you just want attension, that its not a serious one, or frankly (more likely) you just want to create drama.
Because obviously you don't ACTUALLY want admin complaints closed, you want the opersite, except you title it so, putting yourself on the level of some sensationalised news paper, and so people treat your opnion as such.

You ask to be taken seriously over something you yourself cannot take seriously. And whats more, IS it that big of a deal, REALLY? Is it honestly hurting your gaming and possible life that maybe a couple of admins at most are dicks to you, or others, that these admins who are seemingly so toxic to you manage to still keep going despite other people (heads etc) have easily the power to demote/remove over fairly petty things (see me and bgo being removed for not being on IRC briefly).

If these people are so damaging why are they not removed? Such as other admins who have previously been removed (christ even our original host got shown the door). Or could it be that maybe, MAYBE they just disagree with you, they don't see eye to eye with you.
/tg/stations' Ex-Forum Mother and a Game-Admin
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...

Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box - IceCreamCohn's #1 reason for signing up to the forums.

Return to Archived/Deleted