Iamgoofball - time for round 4

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:49 am #257094

listen you know the drill

i got 3rd/2nd/3rd place the last 3 elections

integrate code with the server more, better testmerging setups

free beer

ask away i guess

will come with a salt PR

also, like last election, if I win, anyone who voted for me and can prove it post election will recieve 1 goofcode token
use this to make me make 1 pr of your choice to the github and testmerge it
revert goofchem if you want even

*full merge not guaranteed

danno

Byond Username: Dannno

Re: Iamgoofball - time for round 4

Postby danno » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:51 am #257095

fuck it why not
Hornygranny wrote:wtf i like danno now

I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit

kevinz000
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Postby kevinz000 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:56 am #257101

Reasons I dislike this candidate:
1. Bribing people with coding tokens, and not actually attracting them with good reasons.
2. Integrating code with the server more is not an argument when you're so unreceptive to feedback and make shitty meme salt PRs in meme-filled reactions to other PRs because you don't like them. Yes, I mean your PR that adds all of the baystation races, while that might not inherently be bad (Although many will say it is) it's bad when you make it as a meme reaction and scream slippery slope.
3. Free beer is seriously not a good reason.
4. "Coming with a salt PR" isn't either
5. You tend to make salty/rant forum threads and PRs over things that you either don't understand or blow out of proportion. I'm talking about "Lets remove feature <x> because someone got banned a single time by it" without even knowing the full context, and the thing you made when vcordie got appearencebanned for ignoring an admin ruling about not naming themselves Luke Gadow but just proceeded to skirt the line on purpose.
Really, take it more seriously, how are you going to handle having 1/3 of the power over everything for 4 months if you're just going to make salty meme threads and PRs over this stuff?
You get into PR opening wars with maintainers on github, you tell people to fuck off when they give you feedback (Hey I deserve it as I do get hostile towards you but other people don't.).

danno

Postby danno » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:56 am #257102

hahaha fuck dude you had a prepared statement

kevinz000
In-Game Admin

Postby kevinz000 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:57 am #257104

danno wrote:hahaha fuck dude you had a prepared statement

not really I don't type up essays on tg forums sorry man, just did that over the last minute or so.

danno

Postby danno » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:03 am #257107

I have a message from an anonymous poster named "PaulyTs"
http://a.pomf.cat/cmsfof.mp4

how do you respond

Qbopper

Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Postby Qbopper » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:06 am #257111

haha you have an opinion about someone? nerd

On a serious note not a fan of goof specifically because, as he has gone on record saying in the past, he doesn't play, and I don't want someone who doesn't play the game whatsoever deciding policy

EDIT: forgot to mention the "token" shit you mention is reason enough alone to not vote for you, that's laughably poor form
Limey wrote:its too late.

Saegrimr

Byond Username: Saegrimr

Postby Saegrimr » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:08 am #257112

My favorite is the "passive"-aggressive removal PRs to try and prove a point that didn't exist. Twice.

Now imagine that in headmin form, lmao.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

kevinz000
In-Game Admin

Postby kevinz000 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:08 am #257113

Qbopper wrote:

On a serious note not a fan of goof specifically because, as he has gone on record saying in the past, he doesn't play, and I don't want someone who doesn't play the game whatsoever deciding policy

On that note:
Whenever he plays, he plays a "gimmick captain" with a shitty name and a shitty gimmick that derails the round quite fast. Basically, taking a meme, putting it into IC form, and running it to the fucking ground.
I'm talking about naming himself some rediculous huge anime-ish but doesn't even belong in anime and screaming that he's "doing the anime weeb stuff properly" just like the other players who do it, meme announcements, etc etc, to the point where security confined him to his office and then he started lasering people when a lynch mob showed up.
Naming himself "White Girl" or whatever he was doing, and making meme announcements.
He has not shown to me that he takes his game seriously at all, and is only in it "for the memes".

danno

Postby danno » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:17 am #257124

Follow up question from PaulertTs, golfball.
https://my.mixtape.moe/ikfjsb.mp4

iamgoofball
Github User

Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:14 am #257277

out enjoying the arts, will reply in a few hours

ChangelingRain

Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Postby ChangelingRain » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:22 am #257281

How do you think you'd cope if the two other members of the headmin team decided to block something you wanted to do?
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:28 am #257287

Note that last time his code tokens were promised for all voters even if he lost, and not one token ever went through. He has no obligation to hold up his code tokens promise this time, and I am already certain he wont.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:41 am #257300

Nobody actually sent in requests either

danno

Postby danno » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:42 am #257303

Sounds like a very convenient excuse, golfball. Still waiting on your reply to previous questions.

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:13 am #257327

believe me I'd reply but my data cap is soon and I'm at a play

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:15 am #257330

Last time goof got third on strictly false promises, please don't let that happen again.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:28 am #257349

I would of followed through if I won. I recall stating multiple times that the tokens were revoked if I didn't win. If it wasn't made clear enough I apologise.

Haevacht

Byond Username: Capital_H

Postby Haevacht » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:30 am #257351

iamgoofball wrote:I would of followed through if I won. I recall stating multiple times that the tokens were revoked if I didn't win. If it wasn't made clear enough I apologise.

Rare goofpology collected.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.

PostThis post was deleted by Munchlax on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:31 am.
Reason: Nah
View this post

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:43 pm #257609

danno wrote:Sounds like a very convenient excuse, golfball. Still waiting on your reply to previous questions.

my official reply:

tell him to send his resume in he's my new vice president ever since oxford went full racist

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:44 pm #257610

ChangelingRain wrote:How do you think you'd cope if the two other members of the headmin team decided to block something you wanted to do?

I'd probably find some way around it, because as of right now there's no one to actually police the headmins. They'd be stupid to block it, anyways.

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:47 pm #257612

kevinz000 wrote:Whenever he plays, he plays a "gimmick captain" with a shitty name and a shitty gimmick that derails the round quite fast. Basically, taking a meme, putting it into IC form, and running it to the fucking ground.
I'm talking about naming himself some rediculous huge anime-ish but doesn't even belong in anime and screaming that he's "doing the anime weeb stuff properly" just like the other players who do it, meme announcements, etc etc, to the point where security confined him to his office and then he started lasering people when a lynch mob showed up.
Naming himself "White Girl" or whatever he was doing, and making meme announcements.
He has not shown to me that he takes his game seriously at all, and is only in it "for the memes".

You're saying I'm:
1. Making a character for roleplaying
2. Roleplaying as that character to the end
3. Actually trying to roleplay in SS13 and letting players enjoy getting their valids on with me?

I don't know about you, but all 3 of those sound okay to me.

Are we only allowed to roleplay a stereotypical normal Japanese-American who is here just to collect greentext/deny greentext and leave? Or are you complaining that I don't roleplay properly because I don't just idle in the bar for 30 minutes spamming excessively long me emotes? I could do that for you if you'd like.

Play some D&D sometime. It'll teach you how to properly roleplay.

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:51 pm #257614

Qbopper wrote:

EDIT: forgot to mention the "token" shit you mention is reason enough alone to not vote for you, that's laughably poor form

Here's the deal about not playing all day every day.

Do you know how boring the game gets and how tedious and annoying it is to play the game for 8 straight hours?

I play every once in awhile because I have a life, have stuff to do, and also don't want to become one of those angry motherfuckers who screeches every time they die.

I've found that the players that don't play constantly every single day after they get home from preschool don't angrily type up ban requests in policy discussion.

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:57 pm #257616

kevinz000 wrote:Reasons I dislike this candidate:
1. Bribing people with coding tokens, and not actually attracting them with good reasons.
2. Integrating code with the server more is not an argument when you're so unreceptive to feedback and make shitty meme salt PRs in meme-filled reactions to other PRs because you don't like them. Yes, I mean your PR that adds all of the baystation races, while that might not inherently be bad (Although many will say it is) it's bad when you make it as a meme reaction and scream slippery slope.
3. Free beer is seriously not a good reason.
4. "Coming with a salt PR" isn't either
5. You tend to make salty/rant forum threads and PRs over things that you either don't understand or blow out of proportion. I'm talking about "Lets remove feature <x> because someone got banned a single time by it" without even knowing the full context, and the thing you made when vcordie got appearencebanned for ignoring an admin ruling about not naming themselves Luke Gadow but just proceeded to skirt the line on purpose.
Really, take it more seriously, how are you going to handle having 1/3 of the power over everything for 4 months if you're just going to make salty meme threads and PRs over this stuff?
You get into PR opening wars with maintainers on github, you tell people to fuck off when they give you feedback (Hey I deserve it as I do get hostile towards you but other people don't.).

1. What's the problem here? It's an incentive to vote.
2a. Excuse me, I spent about 6 months fine-tuning goonchem to work on this server, despite all the shit going on with it. Tesla functionality as it stands now is pretty much all player suggestion stuff(except the explosions that was PK). I spent a good long while trying to balance guncrafting for the players. Don't you try to tell me I don't care about feedback. I discard feedback given in the form of "UGH FUCK YOU REVERT AND GITBAN". I don't discard feedback given in the form of "i really don't like this feature, try doing X to change it, Y is a reason I don't like it."
2b. We don't have a limit on PRs. Stop pretending there is a limit on code. Are you trying to say I don't have the right to voice my opinion as a community member? I suppose I've been censored for speaking out in the past by headmins when I bring up their faults. I find it disgusting and repulsive that you think players should not be able to speak up for those who are punished unjustly.
3. Are you trying to imply that sticking to my guns and not being a complete pushover is a bad thing as someone with authority?

captain sawrge

Byond Username: Sawrge

Postby captain sawrge » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:03 pm #257621

The best choice

Qbopper

Postby Qbopper » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:26 pm #257637

iamgoofball wrote:3. Are you trying to imply that sticking to my guns and not being a complete pushover is a bad thing as someone with authority?

He's implying that you stick to your guns no matter what anyone says, ever, and refuse to budge even a little bit or consider other viewpoints, not "you didn't listen to me once so fuck you", and I would agree

Wyzack

Byond Username: Wyzack

Postby Wyzack » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:28 pm #257641

Not gonna lie, having three headmins and requiring a majority vote to put things through is a pretty important check on headmin power and hearing you outright say you are going to sidestep it to get your way is pretty telling
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.

EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster

TheColdTurtle

Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Postby TheColdTurtle » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:29 pm #257643

How do we know you won't sperg put when someone disagrees with you as headmin? And how do we know you won't abuse your power to remove a shit ton of stuff and ban players you don't like?

ChangelingRain

Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Postby ChangelingRain » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:34 pm #257648

iamgoofball wrote:
ChangelingRain wrote:How do you think you'd cope if the two other members of the headmin team decided to block something you wanted to do?

I'd probably find some way around it, because as of right now there's no one to actually police the headmins. They'd be stupid to block it, anyways.

I said, "How do you think you'd cope", not "How would you find a way around the other headmins denying you".

So, how would you cope if the other headmins denied you and you couldn't get around it?
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl

Wyzack

Postby Wyzack » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:35 pm #257649

We don't call it an iamgoofball (tm) brand shit fit for no reason
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

certified good poster

Luke Cox

Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Postby Luke Cox » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:40 pm #257651

God has abandoned us

captain sawrge

Postby captain sawrge » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:55 pm #257658

I will be voting for goof, and if you win I would like you to please code a mini-putting course (possibly in the holodeck) and golf clubs and golf balls

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:11 pm #257712

Wyzack wrote:Not gonna lie, having three headmins and requiring a majority vote to put things through is a pretty important check on headmin power and hearing you outright say you are going to sidestep it to get your way is pretty telling

let's be fair here, headmins are arranged like this:
1. The AFK headmin. Doesn't do much. There's always one of these.
2. The non-combative headmin. He's there, he admins, doesn't really do any policy stuff unless he has to.
3. The headmin that does stuff and takes stances. Usually ends up deciding policy for this term.

It's always been like that.

captain sawrge wrote:I will be voting for goof, and if you win I would like you to please code a mini-putting course (possibly in the holodeck) and golf clubs and golf balls

That's a great idea, I love it.

ChangelingRain wrote:I said, "How do you think you'd cope", not "How would you find a way around the other headmins denying you".

So, how would you cope if the other headmins denied you and you couldn't get around it?

In that case, I guess I'd have to concede defeat or propose an alternative/compromise.

TheColdTurtle wrote:How do we know you won't sperg put when someone disagrees with you as headmin? And how do we know you won't abuse your power to remove a shit ton of stuff and ban players you don't like?

Why don't headmins do this already?
Qbopper wrote:He's implying that you stick to your guns no matter what anyone says, ever, and refuse to budge even a little bit or consider other viewpoints, not "you didn't listen to me once so fuck you", and I would agree

I do accept feedback and viewpoints. I just ignore people who can't articulate themselves like normal human beings.

captain sawrge

Postby captain sawrge » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:13 pm #257715

I never bothered reading your threads in the past to be honest, what would you like to accomplish as a head admin?

John_Oxford
Github User

Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Postby John_Oxford » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:24 pm #257726

iamgoofball wrote:
danno wrote:Sounds like a very convenient excuse, golfball. Still waiting on your reply to previous questions.

my official reply:

tell him to send his resume in he's my new vice president ever since oxford went full racist

"going full racist" implies i wasn't already racist

are you not white goof?
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right

>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.

NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want

I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Arianya

Postby Arianya » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:26 am #258214

Irregardless of the disagreements we've had regarding git stuff before, I don't think there's a solid reason to vote for you when you have a history of reactionary decisions, excessive anger at being opposed and a history of disregarding player poll opinion when it suits you but demagogue-style calling people out who oppose you when the poll numbers are in your favour.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: STP

Postby Sometinyprick » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:48 pm #258363

iamgoofball wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Not gonna lie, having three headmins and requiring a majority vote to put things through is a pretty important check on headmin power and hearing you outright say you are going to sidestep it to get your way is pretty telling

2. The non-combative headmin. He's there, he admins, doesn't really do any policy stuff unless he has to.
3. The headmin that does stuff and takes stances. Usually ends up deciding policy for this term.

I've been number 3 and I'm almost certain you won't get a number two, the admins will almost certainly vote in someone who will fight you every step of the way, realistically you are going to have to compromise on a lot of things, are you even willing to do that?
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:30 pm #258373

Sometinyprick wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:

I've been number 3 and I'm almost certain you won't get a number two, the admins will almost certainly vote in someone who will fight you every step of the way, realistically you are going to have to compromise on a lot of things, are you even willing to do that?

If the admins want to throw such a hissy fit that I got elected that they'll vote in someone just to fuck me over, then that's their prerogative and I'll fight them on every step of their way.

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:33 pm #258375

Arianya wrote:Irregardless of the disagreements we've had regarding git stuff before, I don't think there's a solid reason to vote for you when you have a history of reactionary decisions, excessive anger at being opposed and a history of disregarding player poll opinion when it suits you but demagogue-style calling people out who oppose you when the poll numbers are in your favour.

This sounds pretty familiar to a certain elected official.

Wyzack

Postby Wyzack » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:56 pm #258398

Admins pick their choice before the player vote so no one would be elected specifically to fight you, I don't think most admins think you have a real shot at winning. I think STP's point is that whoever the admins vote will very likely have a much different opinion on things than you and will come into disagreement as a matter of course.
Caleb Robinson laughs.

certified good poster

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:03 pm #258399

Wyzack wrote:Admins pick their choice before the player vote so no one would be elected specifically to fight you, I don't think most admins think you have a real shot at winning. I think STP's point is that whoever the admins vote will very likely have a much different opinion on things than you and will come into disagreement as a matter of course.

You also forget that I'll be needed to okay their shit too, so we have to suck eachother off to survive.

Also, why was host pick done before the elections were over?

Jordie0608
Site Admin

Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Postby Jordie0608 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:18 pm #258404

To pre-empt counterpicking.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:35 pm #258415

Makes sense.

Qbopper

Postby Qbopper » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:44 pm #258492

iamgoofball wrote:
Arianya wrote:Irregardless of the disagreements we've had regarding git stuff before, I don't think there's a solid reason to vote for you when you have a history of reactionary decisions, excessive anger at being opposed and a history of disregarding player poll opinion when it suits you but demagogue-style calling people out who oppose you when the poll numbers are in your favour.

I'm not sure I follow here

how does that disprove their point or say that it's alright to act that way

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:05 am #258555

Qbopper wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:

I'm not sure I follow here

how does that disprove their point or say that it's alright to act that way

It's not exactly awesome but it won Trump the election, and we've got a large amount of Trump supporters here. Would probably work here.

InsaneHyena

Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Postby InsaneHyena » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:11 am #258558

I've already decided that you're my candidate, but still, what will you do about the lizard problem?
Bring back papercult.

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:12 am #258559

We're going to work as a team and take a very hard look at the status of alien races and SS13.

InsaneHyena

Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Postby InsaneHyena » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:12 am #258561

I would love it if you said something definitive.
Bring back papercult.

iamgoofball
Github User

Postby iamgoofball » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:30 am #258595

I'm still formulating how to deal with the land mines.

Next

Return to Archived/Deleted