[Deleted] Security Cyborg Module

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Gun Hog

Byond Username: Gun Hog

Security Cyborg Module

Postby Gun Hog » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:03 am #257108

The Security Cyborg module is a subject of controversy withing the player base.

How do you feel about the Secborg removal, desire among some players to have it enabled again, and opposition among other players to keep it the module disabled? If you are made a Head Administrator, how would you vote regarding its availability to players, and why?

Haevacht

Byond Username: Capital_H

Re: Security Cyborg Module

Postby Haevacht » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:13 am #257120

Secborg should stay gone.

Sure, people will want them back, people want ll sorts of things. They can keep making policy threads about em, and they'll probably pollute other threads with discussion about them (which is bad).

I would vote against secborg returning. Immune to regular stuns and very powerful, it's just too much for the AI to have. And with borg riding, a traitor could ride one of these and wipe half a station, unless someone gets ion/flashes.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.

DemonFiren

Byond Username: DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:24 am #257132

Test-readd them, then check the sodium content of deadchat, OOC and the forums.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

BeeSting12
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Postby BeeSting12 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:27 am #257134

I didn't like them while they were in. And I feel like we've been fine without them.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))

hows my driving?

ShadowDimentio

Byond Username: David273

Postby ShadowDimentio » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:03 am #257200

They were completely fine. The only people campaigning their removal were a very select group of assblasted players that got dunked by the AI/secborg after they seriously fucked up as antag.

Bring them back. People will get dunked, but soon they'll learn and start carrying flashes if they get worried about secborgs.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz

John_Oxford
Github User

Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Postby John_Oxford » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:33 am #257232

I've made threads in regards to a rework.

It's not really hard to appease everyone, more so in this situation. Adding them back but making them situational (peacekeeper transformation, round start security slot) would be a compromise with the people who didn't want them to begin with.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right

>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.

NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want

I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

imblyings

Byond Username: Ausops

Postby imblyings » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:43 am #257245

borgs have been severely neutered but people continue to play silicon roles and the game in general

I would be supportive of responsible attempts at making similar borg types or re-introducing the sec borg but we'll see.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:14 am #257278

DemonFiren wrote:Test-readd them, then check the sodium content of deadchat, OOC and the forums.

It was done as a meme (not even a serious test) for like two rounds a while ago and there was real salt from just that.

Secborgs are detrimental to the game. In a video game, a thing designed for the fun and enjoyment of its players, secborgs had only managed to lessen fun and enjoyment (except for maybe the secborg player itself). No arguments for them have ever really addressed this, and I doubt anybody really has any argument that does. Secborgs are a definite no from me.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:

ChangelingRain

Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Postby ChangelingRain » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:18 am #257279

Secborgs were terrible for the game, being a dispenser of stuns that few people were able to actually deal with due to, as a borg, being immune to all but a few types of stun.

As such I don't think they'll be coming back, though new, similarly-intentioned but better-balanced borg modules might.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl

Alipheese

Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Postby Alipheese » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:09 am #257915

Sec borgs should stay gone.
Security roles' rules are pretty set and clear cut.
Peacekeeper borgs are filling the role of helping the actual officers as a silicon.
Working to help without adding in another set of rules to deal with, secborg policy and standard borg policy. Easier for both players to understand, and easier on the admins.
Tell me how good or bad of an Admin I was!

Screenshots.
Spoiler:

Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal

Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?

The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.

Cuboos wrote:> That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.

iamgoofball
Github User

Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Postby iamgoofball » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:09 am #257916

secborg will probably stay gone

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:46 am.
Reason: not a real candidate
View this post

Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Postby Thunder11 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:54 pm #258770

The majority of secborgs never did everything but validhunt all round. They need to stay gone until people are actually capable of putting their laws above space law.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!

That's thinking on your feet, soldier!

Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all

oranges wrote:

Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.

Can be found on singulo: !!pQe.6/5m0Y
Ruiner of Fun [Badmin], leave feedback at: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578

MimicFaux

Byond Username: MimicFaux

Postby MimicFaux » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:14 pm #258955

I'm in agreement with Thunder the 'problem' with SecBorgs was never the module, but the player piloting them. I mentioned this in my candidacy thread, but enforcing some clarity of purpose between player and policy would help crackdown on the issues. Silicon roles should always be powerful assets for / against the station, confined and regulated by their laws. That's always been their identity, and where the disconnect happens is when players start selectively interpreting their laws.

Until players understand what it means to play as a silicon, security borgs should stay shelved.
ImageImageImage

PostThis post was deleted by cedarbridge on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:22 pm.
Reason: Whoops
View this post

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Postby Armhulen » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:22 pm #258961

well we should at least fix standard borgs being better at stopping harm than peacekeepers
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

TehSteveo
Global Moderator

Byond Username: TehSteveo

Postby TehSteveo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:06 pm #259025

I feel something has to be done at a coding level with security borg as I'm mixed on security borgs. I'm generally pro-silicon as I use to exclusively play silicons a lot. Right now I find borgs right now kind of being at their weakest state in someways with the game as of now. Yet, at the same time security module I find can be really fucking OP in the correct players hands. I suppose other borgs can be too; but all the borgs are limited in what they can do where as security module can easily play a kiting game with their disabler spam then cuffing their target when they eventually get them on their back which ends the fight.

I feel that for security borg; they should be a module upgrade for Peacekeepers unlocked via RnD and resources from mining. Maybe also a module that traitor AI can buy to upgrade their peacekeepers. I'd also say their disabler should be looked at and even suggest dividing duties where one borg is better suited for actual combat, but another can serve as "warden" that is more melee oriented that holds the cuffs and is meant to detain and move hostiles. Yet similar proposals code wise have been met with mixed review and the last attempt to make them available via code red alerts failed.

I will also note when we done away with security borg, complaints about silicons being shitty dropped drastically. Which seems to imply it attracts a type of player that wants to hunt valids, yet doesn't want to player as a security officer which causes problems as they may not be law compliant or they are, but a player is just salty that the security borg just easily took care of them as they didn't have the counters for the borg.

As such I don't think as a headmin I'll be touching the configuration option to enable them leaving the burden more on coders at this stage.
Freedom

Return to Archived/Deleted