Cartesian Forum Dayban by Saegrim

For people who can't read the FNR rules.
Cartesian

Cartesian Forum Dayban by Saegrim

Post by Cartesian » #421832

Previous post was editted by someone using my account (not me)

Byond account and character name: Forum name Toronto88 connected to Booboobug

Banning admin: Saegrimr

Ban type (What are you banned from?): 2 day forum ban for sticking up for Goofball, or in Saegrimr's words "pretending" to.

Ban reason and length: "Pulling an ausops until you stop bringing up inane shit and pretending you're defending goofball when you're just on the weirdest avatar crusade I've ever seen."; 2 days.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): Jun 27, 3:08 AM Forum Time

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): tgstation13.org/phpBB

Your side of the story: I wasn't pretending to defend Goofball, not sure where he got this. Every point I raised was more than valid and conspicuously did not receive an answer. I'm curious if he could actually describe what rule I've broken and how. All I am guilty of is sticking up for something he opposes in a thread in the general forum. Unless the forum moderator's job is to cull opinions they dislike from the forums, this seems to be extremely out of line behavior. Why is such a prejudiced and heavyhanded person able to wield this power with impunity? If you read our exchange, you'll note Hole never gave a direct response to anything I said (valid questions about the situation), instead opting to flit around the topic and popping off insults which didn't really make sense.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think my post from when Hole was sending me forum warnings for sticking up for Goofball describes the situation fairly well:
"Apparently Hole feels that if I voice my personal opinion on this situation, I am being "hypocritical". I am curious how he figures this, as Hole previously said that there were problems with my previous posts and was unable to provide any examples when asked what he meant. Either way, I am now being threatened with administrative action unless, ironically enough, I stop taking this thread serious and instead shitpost and "just go wild like the hut regulars". He is trying to censure my posts based on a vague and immeasurable value of "hypocrisy" and "seriousness", while in the same breath saying it is totally ok to not take this thread seriously and shitpost as others have done without any warning. In other words posters are now subject to completely arbitrary discrimination.

This is clearly out of line behavior from an administrator. I have not broken any forum rules.

Funnily enough, in my allegedly "low effort" and "hypocritical" "shitpost", I mentioned how if we do not stand against what has happened to Goofball, or at the very least demand a cogent explanation for why it has happened, then things will progress to a point where people with anime women in their avatar are overstepping their boundaries at their leisure to use administrative powers to punish people who they don't like or who say things they'd rather not see discussed publically. In an attempt to prove me wrong, Hole, in record time, began abusing his admin powers to try and cow me into submission. He did EXACTLY what I predicted would happen. In all likelihood he will delete this post under the pretext that I was "already warned about this behavior", conveniently ignoring the fact that I did literally nothing wrong. This is admin abuse and lends credence to the possibility of other examples of administrative abuse occurring in order to fulfill personal vendettas, such as the ones mentioned in this thread."
Cartesian

Re: Cartesian Forum Dayban by Saegrim

Post by Cartesian » #421833

Saegrimr, if the original appeal was locked because it said 2 day instead of 1 day then I'm very sorry. Can we discuss it now?

This post might get messed with, someone else got onto this account and is playing games
Cartesian

Post by Cartesian » #421834

Whoever else is on the account please just use it responsibly, I don't mind you being here but I would like to talk to Saegrimr. let's both respect eachother
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #421835

You're a fucking idiot for putting your password in your signature, and this is for in-game bans, PM MSO or someone who cares.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.