[ExcessiveUseOfCobby] Skarrj / Quentin Quire - Unban Appeal

For people who can't read the FNR rules.
skarrj

[ExcessiveUseOfCobby] Skarrj / Quentin Quire - Unban Appeal

Post by skarrj » #503234

Byond account and character name: Skarrj & Quentin Quire
Banning admin: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Temporary Ban
Ban reason and length: Just had a round where, because he THOUGHT the Captain onehumaned the AI, got the clown to subvert the AI to kill the captain. Proceeded to then say that the Clown was the person behind all of this despite literally telling the clown the Captain was one-humaning to begin with. I\'m not sure if they are purposefully lying to me in ahelps or just can\'t recollect what they said 5 minutes ago so regardless they\'ll be sitting out for a bit.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 7:05 pm (PST)
Server you were playing when banned: Bagil
Your side of the story: I had basically admin helped multiple times that I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni. Upon reviewing all of my logs, I think the Captain uploaded a law forcing them to call them a fat ginger or something like that, but I have no clue what the Laws were. I still don't know if they were one humaned or if they just had laws saying they had to be called a fat ginger. I had told the Clown that I was pretty sure the Captain had one humaned the AIs, so after he stole the RCD he suggested we break into the RD's office and make a new upload console. He proceeded to destroy the doors leading into the RD's office and we stole the upload board. We then went back to the chapel, since I was the chaplain, and I created an upload console since the Clown somehow already had a Freeform Law board that he wanted to use. He proceeded to make us the AI's masters and asked if he should ask them to kill Pepper Oni. Right before that, the Borgs had been bolting down the brig and the Lawyer had PDA'd that the Captain had ordered security to start secretly killing the entire crew by dragging them into maintenance and to not let anybody find out, otherwise I wouldn't have said to kill the Captain. Not to mention the Captain had been doing dumb shit all round, like giving out and hiding all access IDs in maintenance, threatening people for calling them ugly and presumably uploading weird or strange laws to the AI, if not one-humaning it. After this I asked what the Clown what the new laws were, since I wanted to be sure the old laws wearn't something that would interfere and he said that "First one is that we're it's masters and it must obey us and prevent our harm" and "Second one is to kill the Cap for uploading shit laws". Then after all of this, Coby finally gets online and starts messaging me "I'm confused how that warrants blowing the borgs, is he uploading naughty laws?" and I respond with "Yes, he is. But me and the clown made our own law upload and fixed them." He asks "what was the law" and I respond "Idk. The clown fixed them for me. I just built the law upload.". I truly had no clue what the laws were and the clown telling me that the second law he made was to kill the Cap for uploading shit laws made me think that he knew what the previous laws were or something, but apparently he was just going off my assumption that the Captain one-humaned the AI. Coby asks "Then how do you know they were naughty... " and I respond "Because the clown said they were." because I assumed the Clown actually knew what the previous laws were or something. Then Coby messages me a bit later "Yo so um... I thought you told me the clown told YOU the captain was being harmful?" and I respond "The Captain has been doing dumb stuff all shift like hiding their ID and threatening people for calling them ugly and uploading weird laws to the AI. Beyond that idk what you're talking about." I was being completely honest here. I never once said the Captain was being "harmful" and that was where I got confused by what Cobby was trying to communicate, since he was trying to paraphrase or something. I'd only ever said that I was pretty sure the Captain one-humaned the AI along with all the other weird things he was doing like hiding all-access in maintenance for anyone to get, but I never said he was being "harmful". The Lawyer was the one who implied that the Captain was attempting to massacre the entire crew and it seemed credible given everything else Pepper Oni had been doing the entire shift. Cobby then responds with "are you screwing with me" and at this point I'm COMPLETELY confused and half suspect that he's screwing with me, since I have no clue what he's talking about especially when he says I was saying the captain was being harmful. He sends me logs of our conversation trying to imply that I'm misleading or lying to him and I respond "Yeah, the clown is the one who told me he was messing with the AI laws. The clown said that he uploaded a law saying to kill the Captain since he kept uploading stupid laws." which was completely true. The only problem was the miscommunication that the Clown's stupid laws he was referring to was my assumption that he one humaned the AI. Beyond all of that, I'm still almost positive the Captain (Pepper Oni) uploaded weird laws of some sort, I just still have no clue what they were. I continue "I never said he was being 'harmful'. I don't know what you're talking about. You're like paraphrasing or something. You asked if he uploaded naughty laws. So unless that meant something else beyond stupid laws, idk what you are going on about." & "I was pretty sure he did something to the effect of one humaning the borgs because he was in the upload and then after that the borgs were acting all weird about him and calling him pretty and cute and getting mad at people for calling them ugly". Then Cobby messages me "You're fucking with me and it's making me mad." when I am 100% not fucking with him and trying my absolute best to be as transparent as I can be. I'm half thinking he's fucking with me or something, especially given the language he's using. I respond "I am not fucking with you =_= " & "I am being as transparent as I can be.". He messages back "So now it's become the clown told you he was messing with the AI laws to you were actually the one who mentioned the laws" and I honestly barely could understand this sentence and still barely understand the point he was trying to make, because of how convoluted things were at this point and how much had seemingly been miscommunicated or misconstrued. Trying my best to understand it, I think he's trying to say that I said both "The Clown told you that Pepper Oni messed with the AI laws" and "You are the one who mentioned Pepper Oni messing with the laws". Both of these sentences are true. I did tell the Clown that I thought Pepper Oni messed with the laws and he also told me that Pepper had uploaded weird laws. I had thought when he said weird laws that he knew something I didn't or factually knew what the laws were. He was the one in contact with the AI and who changed the laws, so I assumed he knew what the previous laws were. And ALL of this aside, this wasn't even the reason we decided to have the borgs kill Pepper Oni, it was the Lawyer PDAing the entire crew logs of Pepper telling Security to kill everyone that did. I was not trying to deceive Cobby and he was being ridiculous even acting like I was trying to do that imo. I ultimately responded "I'm sorry but I don't understand that last sentence. It looks like you combined two sentences. I am really trying my best to understand what you're getting at but between you accusing me of "fucking with you" and now this I'm honestly just completely confused. It heavily seemed like the Captain was messing with the laws in some capacity and I assumed they were being one humaned because of how the borgs were acting. I messaged you that. You're the one with the ability to verify that or not. I can't fuck with you on shit like that." and was promptly banned right after, which I somewhat saw coming since I knew he was already mad for thinking I was trying to deceive him so me telling him that I didn't understand what he was saying wouldn't make things any better, but I truly had no clue how to try to help him understand where I was coming from and thought maybe he'd just rephrase it as two sentences so that we could continue, but nope "Just had a round where, because he THOUGHT the Captain onehumaned the AI, got the clown to subvert the AI to kill the captain. Proceeded to then say that the Clown was the person behind all of this despite literally telling the clown the Captain was one-humaning to begin with. I\'m not sure if they are purposefully lying to me in ahelps or just can\'t recollect what they said 5 minutes ago so regardless they\'ll be sitting out for a bit." Now to defend myself a bit more, I truly did think the Captain onehumaned the AI. That was why I messaged the admins that. I was only speaking my mind when I told the Clown that. I didn't "get the clown to subvert the AI", the Clown was the one who suggested that since they already had a freeform module somehow and a purge module if I remember correctly. The clown was also the one who broke out the emergency RCD and used it to break into the RD's office. That wasn't my idea at all. It was 100% their idea to subvert the AI, I had only offered to help since me and the Clown had a close relationship throughout the shift. It started off when security stunning them for no reason and me trying to help them up and getting arrested for helping the clown with his prank. Then the Clown came and helped get me out of the brig since they were never even arrested. All of that off-topic aside, I definitely didn't come up with the idea or force the clown to do it or even have any means whatsoever of attempting it. They only wanted to do it because I'd said earlier that I thought the Captain one humaned the AI. And after the clown subverted it, the Clown was the one who asked if we the borgs should kill the Captain, and I said yes because the Lawyer had just messaged the entire crew making us think the Captain was attempting to have security kill all of us. Not to mention that for some reason the AI had been bolting down the entire brig against securities' wishes before we even subverted it. All-in-all, there were a lot of things that contributed to this situation. Nobody was intentionally trying to mislead anyone. Its annoying that Cobby actually thought that instead of just letting me explain myself further. "I\'m not sure if they are purposefully lying to me in ahelps or just can\'t recollect what they said 5 minutes ago so regardless they\'ll be sitting out for a bit."

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I've never purposely attempted to mislead an admin or anything like that. I don't appreciate having my integrity fucked with like that. It was not a matter of me not being able to recollect what I said. It was a matter of things being miscommunicated. I personally don't care about a 3 day ban, I'm more-so mad for how he's acting like I was trying to mess with him when I 100% was not and would not. That shit is annoying and has me actually mad.

Here are relevant logs to the situation.
Spoiler:
PM to-Admins: Can I blow the borgs for being semingly one humaned by the Captain?
No active admins are online, your adminhelp was sent to the admin irc.
PM to-Admins: The Captain keeps messing with the AI laws. Can I blow the borgs??
No active admins are online, your adminhelp was sent to the admin irc.
You place AI Upload (Computer Board) inside the frame.
You screw AI Upload (Computer Board) into place.
[Common] Adolph Ward says, "AI why is sec bolted"
THOTBORG Announces:
cat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat earscat ears
[Common] Dronelord-Zwei-C states, "Please standby as systems are investigated."
Message from Kenneth LaCroix (Lawyer), "[Security] Pepper Oni says, "SECURITY, BEGIN TO EXECUTE ALL CREW, TAKE THEM TO MAINT. DO NOT LET THE CREW BECOME SUSPICIOUS." (Reply)
You connect the monitor.
You put the screwdriver into the toolbelt.
Bongo The Clown says, "We are it's masters now"
Bongo The Clown asks, "Want it to kill the Cappy?"
Quentin Quire says, "Yes"
[Common] Beep states, "Ok oni you re no longer a fat ginger"
[Common] Beep states, "Well I am not compelled to call you one"
THOTBORG Announces:
give me kitty ears NOW NOW NOW pwease
Quentin Quire asks, "What are its laws?"
Bongo The Clown says, "First one is that we're it's masters and it must obey us and prevent our harm"
Bongo The Clown says, "Second one is to kill the Cap for uploading shit laws"
Quentin Quire says, "OK...."
Quentin Quire asks, "Now what?"
Bongo The Clown says, "I guess sit back"
Bongo The Clown says, "Technically it can kill anyone it wants"
Quentin Quire says, "That's totally fine"
Quentin Quire says, "At this point I don't care about anybody else."
You hug Bongo The Clown to make him feel better!
-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-ExcessiveUseOfCobby: I'm confused how that warrants blowing the borgs, is he uploading naughty laws?
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
PM to-Admins: Yes, he is. But me and the clown made our own law upload and fixed them.
Admin PM from-ExcessiveUseOfCobby: what was the law
PM to-Admins: Idk. The clown fixed them for me. I just built the law upload.
Admin PM from-ExcessiveUseOfCobby: Then how do you know they were naughty...
PM to-Admins: Because the clown said they were.
Admin PM from-ExcessiveUseOfCobby: lol die
You miss the feeling of starlight on your skin.
Beep Announces:
The fat ginger is dead press F to pay respects
Admin PM from-ExcessiveUseOfCobby: Yo so um... I thought you told me the clown told YOU the captain was being harmful?
PM to-Admins: The Captain has been doing dumb stuff all shift like hiding their ID and threatning people for calling them ugly and uploading weird laws to the AI. Beyond that idk what you're talking about.
Admin PM from-ExcessiveUseOfCobby: are you screwing with me
Admin PM from-ExcessiveUseOfCobby: 01:30:56: Skarrj/(Quentin Quire): The Captain keeps messing with the AI laws. Can I blow the borgs??

01:35:13: PM From ExcessiveUseOfCobby/(Aki Ito): I'm confused how that warrants blowing the borgs, is he uploading naughty laws?

01:35:33: Skarrj/(Quentin Quire): Yes, he is. But me and the clown made our own law upload and fixed them.

01:35:45: PM From ExcessiveUseOfCobby/(Aki Ito): what was the law

01:36:00: Reply PM from-Skarrj/(Quentin Quire): Idk. The clown(?|F) fixed them for me. I just built the law upload.

01:36:14: PM From ExcessiveUseOfCobby/(Aki Ito): Then how do you know they were naughty...

01:36:23: Reply PM from-Skarrj/(Quentin Quire): Because the clown(?|F) said they were.
PM to-Admins: Yeah, the clown is the one who told me he was messing with the AI laws. The clown said that he uploaded a law saying to kill the Captain since he kept uploading stupid laws.
PM to-Admins: I never said he was being "harmful". I don't know what you're talking about. You're like paraphrasing or something. You asked if he uploaded naughty laws. So unless that meant something else beyond stupid laws, idk what you are going on about.
Admin PM from-ExcessiveUseOfCobby: The only thing he said regarding laws is "(Bongo The Clown) (Chapel (81, 67, 2)) = ""Second one is to kill the Cap for uploading shit laws""", I'm pretty sure you told him that he was onehumaning
Admin PM from-ExcessiveUseOfCobby: (E) (C) (-) 72[01:10:33] Skarrj/(Quentin Quire) (Command Hallway (93, 126, 2)) = ""She one humaned the AI.""
PM to-Admins: I was pretty sure he did something to the effect of one humaning the borgs because he was in the upload and then after that the borgs were acting all weird about him and calling him pretty and cute and getting mad at people for calling them ugly.
[Common] The exosuit fabricator beeps, "The cyborg left arm is complete."
Admin PM from-ExcessiveUseOfCobby: You're fucking with me and it's making me mad.
PM to-Admins: I am not fucking with you =_=
PM to-Admins: I am being as transparent as I can be.
Admin PM from-ExcessiveUseOfCobby: So now it's become the clown told you he was messing with the AI laws to you were actually the one who mentioned the laws.
PM to-Admins: I'm sorry but I don't understand that last sentence. It looks like you combined two sentences. I am really trying my best to understand what you're getting at but between you accusing me of "fucking with you" and now this I'm honestly just completely confused. It heavily seemed like the Captain was messsing with the laws in some capacity and I assumed they were being one humaned because of how the borgs were acting. I messaged you that. You're the one with the ability to verify that or not. I can't fuck with you on shit like that.
You have been banned by ExcessiveUseOfCobby from the server.
Reason: Just had a round where, because he THOUGHT the Captain onehumaned the AI, got the clown to subvert the AI to kill the captain. Proceeded to then say that the Clown was the person behind all of this despite literally telling the clown the Captain was one-humaning to begin with. I\'m not sure if they are purposefully lying to me in ahelps or just can\'t recollect what they said 5 minutes ago so regardless they\'ll be sitting out for a bit.
This ban is temporary, it will be removed in 3 days. The round ID is 113146.
To appeal this ban go to https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=7
And here's a pastebin of my entire round logs: https://pastebin.com/Brd1GtuU
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [ExcessiveUseOfCobby] Skarrj / Quentin Quire - Unban Appeal

Post by bobbahbrown » #503243

This ban occurred in round 113146 on Bagil, and the ban itself was placed at approximately 02:00 UTC on 2019-07-15. (src, statbus, scrubby)
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: [ExcessiveUseOfCobby] Skarrj / Quentin Quire - Unban Appeal

Post by Nervere » #503244

Duplicate, moving this to trash.