Nations Mode Reform

For people who can't read the FNR rules.
Saege Tilth
Byond Username: Ulrichenstein

Nations Mode Reform

Post by Saege Tilth » #587192

I'm really upset at nations mode for the fact that it suffers a similar fate to that of people metagrudge killing other zombies as a zombie. In nations mode, the objective is to remain neutral and try to sort everything out in a civil manner, yet the first thing that occurs each round is the captain changes the AI laws and the captain isn't necessarily on any one nations side, but instead seems to just stir the pot. Now that's not the problem entirely, but more so the objective. Nations is a mode that many people don't ask for and are just dropped into with few announcements or understanding. This is a mode where people should be immune to the default rule set and it should have its own well laid out rule set. There's many players that I like here and I really hate the idea that they might get banned every time this game mode comes up. Also captain, AI, silicons, and the heads of all departments should be removed from the round entirely when nations occurs.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Re: Nations Mode Reform

Post by JusticeGoat » #587194

Its never been a mode rather than an event admins played sometimes?
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #587195

Nations always ends terribly, but I love it and it’s potential. I was wondering what an ideal round of nations would look like (and more importantly how to go about it), and realized probably the only way is through a planned event. The gamemode simply demands too much to just be forced on an unknowing playerbase.

I already had what I thought were some cool ideas, so I’m going to look into writing up how to achieve such a round in the coming days.
[this space reserved]
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #587198

It's never been a mode. There's a wizard spell that's "Department Revolt" but according to recent PR it's admin-only now. It's an admin event.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #587202

This isn't an actual mode, so this shouldn't really be in policy discussion. I'd recommend either giving the admin who ran this feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=37 or discussing it in the events workshop: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=63 .