Is "Dorkus Hore" impossible to roleplay with?

I cast magic missile at the darkness
Diax1324
Byond Username: DIAX12

Is "Dorkus Hore" impossible to roleplay with?

Post by Diax1324 » #656000

I am Dorkus. Is this name impossible to play with? I have encountered many names that are vaguely similar to "Pleez Notbaneme" or "Songuliuouse Inengineereing" or "Fury Categirl" on Manuel, but I get targeted for "Dorkus Hore". Anyone vibe with the Hore? Please voice support or resentment against the Hore. If this name is unacceptable, why? Why are other vaguely meta or memey names acceptable? Is it the humor or the situation? I feel like Dorkus was a good punching bag that people enjoyed teasing IC. Dorkus Hore for now, Dorkus Hore forever.

Dorkus Hore.

Dorkus.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: Is "Dorkus Hore" impossible to roleplay with?

Post by Pandarsenic » #656003

Please post screencaps or Scrubby links to your favorite names that you think are worse so we can kill them too to prove they exist
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #656004

I wish we could pull it all back man. I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WE HAD. Its all fucking gone and there's no way to fix it. All the people I can call my friends nowadays are trapped in never-ending cycles focused entirely on the morality rather than the present. What's worse is I am fucking in the weeds too! What I god damn need in my life is a god damn individual like Dorkus Hore to bring some fucking sanity back into my existence. Like I feel like I'm living outside my own fucking skull here man. I need friends like I used to have in high school who would smack me on my ass after doing laps around the track but instead i've got nothing but wallowing in morality virtue and phliosisy. And to what end? So fuckers like Fury Categirl can be made into a preexistence of notice beyond what anyone, including Pleez Notbaneme should have to fucking deal with. Seriously this shit is ridiculous. I'm not trying to oppose development of morals or political progressivism but trying to move the needle forward yourself is exhausting. The kind of things I only would wanna talk about after a long day of hanging out with close freinds and sitting around a campfire, while we are all tired and whatnot sharing a few philosophical comments not only about virtue and humanity but as existence as a whole. I would like to touch on the idea of autohypnosis, mind over mind, but in truth, its difficult to speak of considering the implications and my own self doubt. I know that it's not expected of me but its hard not to feel pressure from the few hardasses out there who can always claim some more victory. That apparently not being enough, they often have such glaring flaws or holes in their ideology that you can't help but try to patch em up in your own personal set of ethics while incorporating that niche bit of empathy that had somehow evaded your grasps. I feel like a psychopathy try to build up a façade of a moral compass from the bits and pieces of what I predive around me without being able to understand the fundamentals of empathy. Like for instance, say I'm someone like Songuliuouse Inengineereing, a perfectly reasonable and empathetic guy. When he gets exposed to some sort of stimulus that give him the implication that its value to keep some information in mind because it lend to the comfort to a specific individual or niche group of individuals. No brainer to keep it in mind? Yeah without doubt. But somehow that fucking spirals out of control in my skull and I can't keep it strait. I want to be a normal individual again who approach social scenarios with a fundamental care for my fellow man (man used in the epicinial sense, although feel free to use men and women, people, humans, or any other variation by which you may prefer) and work at making people feel valid as individuals by no great tool besides empathy. I must apologies if my wording and tonnage is obtuse or unclear, but I can in no way otherwise express these feelings. Dorkus Hore was only the stray piece of straw that could have shattered the metaphorical camels vertebra. But I find myself digressing beyond what is comfortable for me, and this comfort violation would only be worsened by increasing its duration or attention. I just need to talk to him again, Beyond all else. Dorkus, Jake, Will, Flint, Jordan, Tyler, Calvin, and even the fuckos like Thomas who it would not surprise me to learn grew up to be a sex pest, although my mind remains hopeful. My father witnessed a highschool friend fall off of a cliff drunk and drown in the waters bellow, I've seen my peers succumb to depression and suicide. But the most deaths I've seen are in car accidents. While this may fall a bit beyond the preview of naming policy, which I must apologies briefly (and sincerely) to any readers, my history is shrouded in car accidents, and it is a marvel I can continue to operate the vehicles on an almost daily basis, Long time readers of my post may remember the time I got into a collision on a highway, I failed to mention that a loved one was in the passenger seat at the time, I thought the guilt would be unsurmountable, but all things, time will rot guilt.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #656006

Name bans are stupid in a 20xx futuristic setting with other races with far out names

it's 2022 and celebrities already name their kids outlandish things. Unless the name is creepy or a slur why ban it?
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #656010

Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:20 am Name bans are stupid in a 20xx futuristic setting with other races with far out names
SS13 is 2XXX
That aside, I just don't enjoy playing a roleplaying game where everyone's name is some variation of "Moocow McStupid", "Amo Gus", or "Stinky Poo". If you allow lolsorandom names, expect lolsorandom roleplaying
► Show Spoiler
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #656022

All this fire for a name you have used 22 times. If you write a research paper on the life of Dorcas Hoar I will take time to reconsider if your character name of "Dorkus Hore" is anything but a childish meme name that we all know it is.
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #656027

Why did the kid formerly named Dorkus decide to go talk about his forbidden name on the roleplay section of the Outskirts Tabern? Only he knew. As he joined the place of the exiled and the infamous, he ordered some rounds to the bartender and started talking, to no one in particular.

Why did he decide to die on that hill? Or even break the law in protest. This had a more tangible merit.
Even if, earlier in the day, he happened to be inebriated during his encounter with the administrator, his words held some truth. His stance was solid: "No other man or woman should decide who I am". A name is not just a name, it is a birthright. Isn't a birthright worth fighting for? At least former Dorkus Hore believed this.

"It is not my decision" said the local administrator handling his sentence to former Dorkus Hore, not even looking at him in the eyes, sitting behind his big pretentious desk. While this was true, it didn't change the fact that there was a very wrong status quo in that town, one that every administrative member seemed to be complacent with, of course, because it was one of the many things that gave them a sense of power.

To set foot on this land, meant to give up your birthright. To leave it in the hands of a very inconsistent, capricious system, and hope the day you had it taken from you wouldn't come. A system where noone was safe, as identities could be forfeited by a whim.
Noone except the administrators themselves, who would of course, leave each other be, as a sort of convenience circle: "I won't fuck with you if you don't fuck with me".

Sure, what former Horkus Dore did as a reprisal was wrong, the sentence he was receiving was well deserved. He understood this. In hindsight, setting those houses on fire was probably not the best way to proceed, and not the best decision he had ever taken while drunk.

Former Kordus Rohe, still inebriated, started singing his true name to the administrator, in jest of the ridiculous laws of the place. He would not let this go, he would either return to his former name, or keep causing trouble around. The administrator sighed, and reminded him that he would be forbidden entrance to the Faulty Towers town until he could behave. But what purpose would it serve for him to even want to live in a place that wouldn't accept him as himself...
He burped, stood up and told the administrator with a threatening tone, that this wouldn't be the last he'd hear from him. Then he left the room bashing the door, taking down a frame of a cute catgirl that was hanging inside, he was getting sober and needed a drink. The administrator added this misbehavior to his notes, to use against Burpus in the future.

At the outskirts tabern, many came together to listen, about how unjustly the man formerly known as Derpus Sore had been treated since he arrived town. Many agreed with him, some that had their names taken away related to him, others criticized his original name and told him to fucking let it go. Former Bropuss Whore smacked the table and climbed on top of it with difficulty, he exclaimed how he wouldn't be deterred to keep being himself, and he would fight with tooth and nail, all the way to his last breath, to keep his identity and dignity intact. It was beautiful, many cried. He jumped down and left the tabern without looking back, tripping a couple of times, and went to face the evil administrators again.

He also didn't pay for the drinks, the bastard.

Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #656031

finally, a post on roleplay
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #656037

In the interest of finally taking a thread seriously-

no?

like, it's a little silly sounding. but it not being a modern name isn't a reason to kick it to the curb. it's not a literal meme name, it's not creepy or offensive- so who the fuck cares if his last name sounds like 'whore'?

I probably would make fun of your name in-character, but that in itself is a form of roleplay.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
ChristopherRobin
Byond Username: Christopher Robin

Post by ChristopherRobin » #656044

Willy Fiddler is a real name too.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #656054

Farquaar wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:26 am
Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:20 am Name bans are stupid in a 20xx futuristic setting with other races with far out names
SS13 is 2XXX
That aside, I just don't enjoy playing a roleplaying game where everyone's name is some variation of "Moocow McStupid", "Amo Gus", or "Stinky Poo". If you allow lolsorandom names, expect lolsorandom roleplaying
It's the current year + 540 years. So, SS13 is currently in the year 2562 (2022 + 540). The calendar button in the top-right of your PDA will have the current year in-universe should you forget it.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #656057

Honestly though we just this year had some Br*tish fuckwit named "ROB TOMBS" being keelhauled because be was butthurt about RRR showing the British Raj as villains

You can say "Well nobody would name their kids that" but it still happens
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #656086

does it really matter?
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #656088

Obamna
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #656090

SODA
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #656306

delaron wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:27 pm Image

All this fire for a name you have used 22 times. If you write a research paper on the life of Dorcas Hoar I will take time to reconsider if your character name of "Dorkus Hore" is anything but a childish meme name that we all know it is.
Write a research paper on how Dorkus Hore is a meme name on the level of "Amo Gus", "Toe Licker" and "That Guy"
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #656309

delaron wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:27 pm All this fire for a name you have used 22 times.
Using a name for a long time doesn't make it any more worthy. If anything, names that've gone old and stale should be retired.
► Show Spoiler
Kassori
Byond Username: Kassori

Post by Kassori » #656548

Dorkus Hore is no sillier than Zaphod Beeblebrox or Zapp Brannigan, sounds like something Charles Dickens would name a character.
pfp by AspEv
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #656681

Archie700 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:06 am
delaron wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:27 pm Image

Write a research paper on how Dorkus Hore is a meme name on the level of "Amo Gus", "Toe Licker" and "That Guy"
Never said it rose to the level of such glorious memery. Though I did misspeak in saying "we all know."

As such I shall not be writing a paper as there is no benefit to doing so.
Kassori wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:03 pm Dorkus Hore is no sillier than Zaphod Beeblebrox or Zapp Brannigan, sounds like something Charles Dickens would name a character.
Your names are presented in a light of False equivalence. They are unfit choices for a different reason based on current policy.
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #664528

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorcas_Hoar

considering it's just a misspelling of an actual person, anyone going after their name for being "unrealistic" would be
;) :shades:
8-)
witch hunting