Tabletop NPC Hiring Committee

I cast magic missile at the darkness
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Tabletop NPC Hiring Committee

Post by Farquaar » #668612

Hey forumites. I'm planning on running a tabletop game set in SS13 for some friends of mine. While I could just write all this on my own, I thought it would be a fun activity to invite you guys to make up some characters that would populate the station. They can be normal, quirky, or even slightly insane- if it works it works! Just keep in mind that most of these characters will be in the background- most NPCs shouldn't be crazy enough to steal the show whenever they enter the room.

You don't have to follow this format, but this is the basic sort of info I'm looking for:

Example 1: Candice Nickolson
► Show Spoiler
Example 2: Lockie Sandford
► Show Spoiler
Example 3: Michael Chugg
► Show Spoiler
tl;dr I'm running an SS13-themed RPG for my friends. Write your ideas for quirky characters to populate the station and if they're cool they'll end up in the crew manifest.
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: Tabletop NPC Hiring Committee

Post by datorangebottle » #668800

I feel like one of the characters I play would be pretty entertaining as an NPC.
► Show Spoiler
Anyway, wish you luck with your tabletop efforts.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #668860

Sure

Punk Ingram
- Appearance: Pasty, white dude with an obnoxiously neon pompadour
- Impulsive, one track minded, easily manipulated by promises of cool stuff
- He says he's in a band which is about to 'make it big', but there is little evidence to back this claim
- Fear Response: Frantically comb's his pompadour while murmuring about how today is 'the day', how 'we all knew the day would come' and how 'today is upon us'
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #668900

Sounds good!
► Show Spoiler
respect (let him do his thing)
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #671483

All three of these guys are great. Keep 'em coming!
► Show Spoiler
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #674076

Sounds cool! What rules are you using?

Does-his-job
- Appearance: Cyan scales, digitigrade, aquatic tail and head with frills, mid 30s
- Usually has a ration pack of the best Tirizean delicacys
- Will attempt to earn money in any way possible, up to and including turning a blind eye to certain "activities"
- Fear Response: Attempt to bribe the cause of fear. If money fails bolting for his office usually does the trick
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #674899

TheRex9001 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:05 pm Sounds cool! What rules are you using?
I'll be drawing from the main rulebook as well as the space, high tech, and ultra tech splatbooks. For this particular group I'll be running it fairly rules light. I'll also probably be substituting in some "hard and fast rules" from SS13 that are more streamlined. For instance, a flash will stun people for X seconds instead of being some complex calculation based on dice rolls and their base stats.

SS13 is a nice setting since there are several ready-made stations to serve as playgrounds for the players to survive in. If the Boxstation gets blown up, they can pay to be cloned and be on Metastation the next time around. No need for plot arcs either- villains of the week are the norm.
► Show Spoiler
Kassori
Byond Username: Kassori

Post by Kassori » #675315

Nettles

- Appearance: Green moth of the typical forest variety, his clothes appear chewed, his eyes shifty
- Talks like a dumb, California stoner, smells like cannabis
- Attracts the ire of the chef for not actually doing their job
- Fear Response: Attempt to fight, but he's probably high, is prone to panic and a moth, so bright lights are enough to overcome him.
pfp by AspEv
outtogetya
Byond Username: BACONOCAB

Post by outtogetya » #681589

Carbon XXI.

- Appearance: Purple skeleton!
- Always stealing shoes.
- Acts benevolent towards assistants and uncaring towards most non-assistants.
- Fear Response: Runs off to scavenge some mild equipment to deal with the fear and then attempts to deal with the fear. (for instance spear/stunprod/toolbox/bola to deal with a traitor, a firesuit and metal to deal with a breach, etc.)
i'm evil