Page 1 of 10

ye flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:53 am
by Qbopper
you must get ye flask

the room is dimly lit and there is a small table in front of you with ye flask on it

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:02 am
by Dr. Aura
Get me flask from table

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:09 am
by Qbopper
as you reach out towards ye flask the ground falls out from under you and ye flask is whisked out of your sight

you awaken in a small room with a boarded window

the air is filled with thick dust mites dancing through the sunbeams coming from the holes in the boards

there is a dresser in the corner

there is a door to the south

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:15 am
by Dr. Aura
search the dresser for me flask

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:17 am
by Qbopper
Dr. Aura wrote:search the dresser for me flask


ye* flask

the dresser does not contain ye flask

inside the dresser you find a piece of flint

you pocket the flint

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:22 am
by Dr. Aura
use ye flint to slice my throat try to peek through the boards, then try the door to the south.

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:23 am
by Qbopper
Dr. Aura wrote:use ye flint to slice my throat try to peek through the boards, then try the door to the south.


the holes are too small and the light out is too bright to see much, but you think you see trees outside

the boards are pretty old and shitty though

you try the door, but it seems to be locked - it is equally old and shitty

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:26 am
by Dr. Aura
put ye body weight into the door, not with ye shoulder but with ye foot planted back and the other by the knob, door should come right of ye hinges

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:29 am
by Qbopper
Dr. Aura wrote:put ye body weight into the door, not with ye shoulder but with ye foot planted back and the other by the knob, door should come right of ye hinges


you manage to push the door right off its rusted hinges

a loud as shit splintering noise fills the room you find yourself in

there is a door that looks much sturdier in this room, and a staircase down to a basement

there appears to be some kind of stain near the staircase

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:32 am
by Dr. Aura
ye am not afraid of the dark, nor am ye a pussy

ye will take a sizeable splinter of ye destroyed door, descend ye stairs and fend off ye darkness monsters

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:35 am
by Qbopper
Dr. Aura wrote:ye am not afraid of the dark, nor am ye a pussy

ye will take a sizeable splinter of ye destroyed door, descend ye stairs and fend off ye darkness monsters


you grab what you think is a good chunk of wood from the door you rudely barged through

you descend the stairs with a swagger in your step

you fail to notice the oil lamp that fell down the stairs, trip on it, and eat shit

you land at the bottom of the stairs with an injured pride

it is impossible to see anything in the basement - the only light is from the stairs you came and it only extends far enough to see the stairs

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:42 am
by Dr. Aura
ye attempts to ascend ye stairs and try ye other door, being mindful of ye spilled American lifeblood lest ye NSA hear ye spilling and come to liberate ye of ye find

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:46 am
by Qbopper
Dr. Aura wrote:ye attempts to ascend ye stairs and try ye other door, being mindful of ye spilled American lifeblood lest ye NSA hear ye spilling and come to liberate ye of ye find


you climb back up the stairs, giving the lamp a dirty look as you continue

you shake the door's knob, but it's locked, and the door itself is a very solid one - you're not likely going to be able to break this one down

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:50 am
by Dr. Aura
ye needs to go back to ye stairs, find ye lamp from which ye oil spilled from and see if it may yet light ye way down

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:52 am
by Qbopper
Dr. Aura wrote:ye needs to go back to ye stairs, find ye lamp from which ye oil spilled from and see if it may yet light ye way down


you pick up the lamp, muttering something about damned light sources in your way and this is bullshit i aint afraid of no ghost

despite the spilled oil, it still seems to have a wick and fuel inside

you have some flint, but you need to strike it off of something to cause a spark and light the wick

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:06 am
by Dr. Aura
ye remembers ye boarded up window from ye other room, nailed to ye wall with nails, yese would prove useful if they could strike and some crushed wood fiber to catch ye sparks

hopefully not lighting ye floor on fire- wait, can ye push the dresser under ye hole and attempt to climb back up?

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:10 am
by Qbopper
Dr. Aura wrote:ye remembers ye boarded up window from ye other room, nailed to ye wall with nails, yese would prove useful if they could strike and some crushed wood fiber to catch ye sparks

hopefully not lighting ye floor on fire- wait, can ye push the dresser under ye hole and attempt to climb back up?


your train of thought has become completely unintelligible as it fills with the word "ye" for no reason

you go back to where you woke up, but there's no hole above you - just solid ceiling

there's a nail bent out of shape - it's a fair size, and it's relatively loose, so you yank it out of the board

you try to make a spark, and though you shave off some skin once or twice, you manage to light the wick of the lamp and a small glow fills the room

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:12 am
by Dr. Aura
descend the steps once more and hark at any ghosts that may pass that their mothers are nice women and their grandmothers are women of ill repute who own the night

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:14 am
by Qbopper
Dr. Aura wrote:descend the steps once more and hark at any ghosts that may pass that their mothers are nice women and their grandmothers are women of ill repute who own the night


emboldened by your newly lit lamp, you stride down the stairs with confidence one more (eyeing the oil as you go to make sure that shit doesn't sneak up on you again)

you start to shout about ghosts mother's or something but there's nothing but the sound of you walking

you reach the bottom of the steps - the lamp is dim, but it provides enough light for you to see a few feet in front of you

there's nothing immediately visible, but the room isn't too large

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:18 am
by Dr. Aura
attempt to find a wall, then follow it until I find a feature

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:22 am
by Qbopper
Dr. Aura wrote:attempt to find a wall, then follow it until I find a feature


you follow the wall until you see a small flask on the ground

your hopes are dashed when you realize it is not ye flask

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:25 am
by Dr. Aura
take the flask, see what it is that is inside it, it may come in handy as a stepping stone to get to ye flask.

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:26 am
by Qbopper
Dr. Aura wrote:take the flask, see what it is that is inside it, it may come in handy as a stepping stone to get to ye flask.


you pop open the flask and try to look inside before realizing you're in a pitch black basement

you take the flask back to the window and try to see what's inside with the sunlight

it appears to be a black liquid not unlike the one you saw by the stairs

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:31 am
by Dr. Aura
add it to the lamp and continue searching for answers

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:33 am
by Qbopper
Dr. Aura wrote:add it to the lamp and continue searching for answers


you try to fill the lamp while it's lit

you realize this is a poor idea as you pour the oil in, but you manage to not light yourself on fire

the lamp fills up, but there's still a solid amount of oil in the flask, at least half full

the lamp looks a little bit brighter

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:13 am
by John_Oxford
ye?

ye.

i ye the lamp

don ye pour non' at' toxic enland' blouber oil down me pipes

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:16 am
by Qbopper
you have a stroke

you manage to recover without permanent damage, however

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:41 am
by bandit
>QBOP FLASK

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:29 am
by Qbopper
bandit wrote:>QBOP FLASK


you have another, less significant stroke

you make a mental note to get checked out after finding ye flask

you decide to get back to the situation at hand

you have:

lit, filled lamp
half full oil flask
flint
shitty bent nail

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:31 am
by bman
seize the means of reproduction

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:33 am
by Qbopper
you decide to ignore the voices in your head until one of them contributes to your quest to retrieve ye flask

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:34 am
by Anonmare
Buckle swash

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:38 am
by Qbopper
Qbopper wrote:you decide to ignore the voices in your head until one of them contributes to your quest to retrieve ye flask

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:03 am
by John_Oxford
take a look at ye' surroundins' so ye kno' wher' ye flask could b'

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:46 pm
by Qbopper
John_Oxford wrote:take a look at ye' surroundins' so ye kno' wher' ye flask could b'


you are in a small house

you are currently in a room with a boarded up window and a door (that was so rudely shattered by yours truly)

the next room over has a strong, locked door, and a stairway to the dark basement where you found the oil lamp

ye flask is nowhere in sight

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:53 pm
by Armhulen
recall why you need this flask again

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:53 pm
by Armhulen
do that while you decend into hell the basement

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:56 pm
by Qbopper
Armhulen wrote:recall why you need this flask again


you don't understand the question you just posed to yourself

what would you NOT want ye flask

Armhulen wrote:do that while you decend into hell the basement


you walk back into the basement

it's still fucking dark

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:01 pm
by Armhulen
light my lantern, unless it's electric which in case turn it on

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:12 pm
by Qbopper
Armhulen wrote:light my lantern, unless it's electric which in case turn it on


you don't know why you've forgotten everything that has happened the past five minutes because as you prepare to light your lamp you see that it is already lit

despite the extra oil providing more light, the basement is still very dark

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:25 pm
by Armhulen
stick to the walls, i guess, and inch along them trying to find something

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:27 pm
by Qbopper
Armhulen wrote:stick to the walls, i guess, and inch along them trying to find something


you do that thing you did last time

you loop back through the room to the stairs, not having seen anything of interest

it's a dark fucking basement with nothing in it and there is no sign of ye flask

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:32 pm
by Armhulen
plan b, go back to the first room and try to break the old boarded wood to escape

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:39 pm
by Qbopper
Armhulen wrote:plan b, go back to the first room and try to break the old boarded wood to escape


you go back to the first room

the planks are old and dry, but they seem to be stuck on there pretty well and won't budge

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:40 pm
by Armhulen
is this purgatory? examine the door we couldn't break open

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:45 pm
by Qbopper
Armhulen wrote:is this purgatory? examine the door we couldn't break open


you get the feeling this is not purgatory

you go back to the solid door

it's made of much better wood than the planks or other door and doesn't seem to budge when you push on it

what do you do

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:18 pm
by bman
Qbopper wrote:
Armhulen wrote:is this purgatory? examine the door we couldn't break open


you get the feeling this is not purgatory

you go back to the solid door

it's made of much better wood than the planks or other door and doesn't seem to budge when you push on it

what do you do

stick your wooden plank in the seam of the door, get a runner up from across the room and kick it.

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:45 pm
by Qbopper
bman wrote:stick your wooden plank in the seam of the door, get a runner up from across the room and kick it.


you try to lodge a plank into the seam between the door and frame to do some flying jump kick shit

there's not really enough room to wedge something into the space, though, so you just try the flying kick to make yourself feel better

the door doesn't budge

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:52 pm
by bandit
dennis

Re: flask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:02 pm
by Qbopper
Qbopper wrote:
Qbopper wrote:you decide to ignore the voices in your head until one of them contributes to your quest to retrieve ye flask