Your /tg/ Stuff

I cast magic missile at the darkness
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Your /tg/ Stuff

Post by AnonymousNow » #343959

Are you working on a campaign? Are you a player in a campaign? Do you play D&D? What edition? A different RPG? A homebrew? Boardgames? Cardgames? Wargames? Do share.

I recently finished playing the 5E Curse of Strahd campaign. Myself and a friend of mine played two halves of an Ettin adapted into a player race; we were pretty weak mechanically compared to the other characters, but we had many uses and definitely had the best story about us. I'm in the early stages of planning the next character, and I'm thinking of making a gibbering chaotic-neutral druid with little semblance of language, a love of wildshaping and a complete wildman personality; if you turn away from them for too long, they'll likely start preening your hair for insects to eat.

I'm currently working on two different campaigns for a custom system I first developed about six years ago, a Frankenstein's Monster of elements from other systems that I unashamedly stole. One campaign is a full-length medieval-fantasy style campaign in an expanded version of the existing setting I made for this sort of thing during my biggest, two-year-long campaign a few years back; the other is a steampunk/clockwork-Victorian dual-DM campaign I'm co-writing and hosting with one of the players from that long campaign, though it's mostly her baby. If I'm sitting idle in observer mode in a server, I'm likely typing up notes for these campaigns.

What about you?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Your /tg/ Stuff

Post by Anonmare » #344219

If you ever play Pathfinder, try and play with the Background Skills and Gestalt house rules.

It can make some tier 5 classes actually viable
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #344222

I was supposed to play MASKS last night but redtape couldn't stop giggling and mumbling bane to himself so we had to call it after chargen
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #344245

You sound like a hothead who lost her composure.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #344267

Never played Pathfinder. Don't even know the difference off-the-cuff, to be honest.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #344270

captain sawrge wrote:I was supposed to play MASKS last night but redtape couldn't stop giggling and mumbling bane to himself so we had to call it after chargen
Is masks that teen superhero game
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #344291

I'm playing too many tabletops

The two most exciting is a DnD game where I'm running around as an artificer trying to build a construct shell to slot my soul into and start a transhumanism cult (the flesh is weak, metal is strong, shed your biological body and become synthetic!)

The other is a heavily modified DnD 5E game where I'm running around as an extremely powerful caster trying to kill the gods for being douchebags and tormenting humanity (but mostly for mocking her)
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #344331

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:I was supposed to play MASKS last night but redtape couldn't stop giggling and mumbling bane to himself so we had to call it after chargen
Is masks that teen superhero game
Yeah
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #344408

classic redtape
crack is whack but smacks got your back
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #344936

I play in 2 Pathfinder games, I run 3 Shadowrun games, play one Rogue Trader and I'm in a now-inactive/hibernating World of Darkness

Didn't we have a tabletop thread on here somewhere? I think it was in off-topic
Anyway, quality of games depends a lot on quality of GM and whether or not players actually show up.
Some players will just not show up no matter what you do or how often you remind them, and it's more luck than planning if they're joining a game
And some GMs will not plan out much or completely mess up parts of the game, not just newbie GMs either.

Still one of the better ways to pass time
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #344984

I run XSI's hibernating World of Darkness (One of our players is having Real Life troubles so it's on extended hiatus), I run an IRL game of D&D 3.5, I play in an IRL game of D&D 3.5, I run drunken Paranoia with friends IRL on an irregular basis, I play in an Ars Magica game online, an Eclipse Phase game online, I'm gearing up for a game of Monsterhearts with a hack for longer campaigns staying good and another Ars Magica game, I play in a online Burning Wheel version of Dark Sun on a roughly bi-monthly schedule, and I run an IRL Burning Wheel game and Ars Magica game.

All of the above games except Dark Sun and Paranoia meet weekly.

Meanwhile Shadow's all "I'm in three games, that's too many"

YOU ARE LIKE LITTLE BABY MAN

MY RPGDICK IS DA BIGGEST AND DA BEST
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #344991

Drynwyn wrote:Meanwhile Shadow's all "I'm in three games, that's too many"
I used to be in 5 at once. One Fri eve, Sat morn, Sat eve, Sun morn, Sun eve.

All DnD 5E. I started to burn out so I eased up.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #408912

I play exalted and scion
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #409298

Running 3 different campaigns at once and a player to a fourth. Tis fun.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #410102

a friend of mine has an apocalypse world campaign going but he hasn't actually gotten us together in months
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #425162

Trying to get a Starfinder game going at some point. Would love to start a new PF game too, just need those players.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #610382

Necroing this thread because A. I wanted to update folks on what happened, and B. it's still relevant and interesting to hear about what other people are doing roleplay-wise.

Since making this thread, a number of things have happened:
- I fell out with the group I played Curse of Strahd with, or rather, they fell out with me. I'd played several campaigns with them, but they decided to form a D&D podcast group with everyone from the old group except for me. Was pretty bad timing, I was already having a terrible 2018 and that was the icing on the cake - I never found out what their problem was, and it's still pretty painful.
- I never used that "wildman druid" idea in the end, but I did adapt it into something I'll mention later.
- The medieval-fantasy campaign is mostly complete and ready to run, but has been sitting in my files for a few years, waiting for a group it'll work for.
- The steampunk/clockwork campaign I co-DM'd for went well for the most part - it turned into mostly political intrigue and crime drama, and had to be called before its conclusion due to the other DM moving away, but it was a good time while it lasted.
- I put together a oneshot for Halloween that I was very pleased with, and I'm looking to do a similar one this year.
- I ran an experimental game where I tested out various settings and subsystems for my own system. With those notes, I'm looking at making oneshots and the like for the future, though I'm thinking of adapting them to 5E.
- I tried running Curse of Strahd myself earlier this year via Tabletop Simulator, but there was a difference in understanding of the setting and the mechanics between myself and the players, and we dissolved that one (amicably, we've played other things since).
- I went from knowing nothing about Pathfinder in 2017 to having played several different Pathfinder campaigns, including one with my favourite character I've ever played. All three were interrupted by the pandemic, but they're likely to be back on track soon enough.
- I'm in the midst of two ongoing 5E campaigns right now. I've been invited to more, but I want to regulate myself.
- Characters I've made include an enormous Warforged Juggernaut, an amnesiac robotic soldier from a long-forgotten war that used UA unarmed rules to punch things; an oracle of (supposedly) a goddess of travel who was cursed as a child not to age and became feral, running away from home to become a sawbones on a pirate ship, surviving a shipwreck and living in isolation until she found a new crew of adventurers that needed saving; an 8ft diameter sentient alien crystal anemone that has an overwhelming concept of "making friends" and very little concept of anything else; a gaelic bard who plays the bagpipes and insults people; a tiny myconid alchemist who poisons their enemies with hard drugs; a Cockney arcane trickster crowman, a former guild burglar-turned-airship captain who trained his mage hand so well that he's able to augment it into a weapon; a swarm of nanites that was originally made for housekeeping, but was reprogrammed into the galaxy's trickiest hacker and infiltrator; a raving Scottish hellfire preacher, gravedigger and carpenter who worships and preaches the word of a neutral god of death; and a sentient druidic stone circle that one day was worshipped so much it stood up, took on the rough shape of a stone golem, and wandered away.
- I just like making dumb character concepts work.

What about you? What games are you playing? What characters have you made? Anything else you want to talk about /tg/-wise?

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #612123

played a ttrpg for the first time in years (D&D 5e), character is a horizon walker ranger dragonborn with a greatsword
they can't read or write common and haven't lived in society for very long so it's hard for them to pick up on social cues
the other ranger in the party is a kenku and even more socially inept, our characters play off each other very well

also may play an only war game soon