Ask Nanotrasen

I cast magic missile at the darkness
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Ask Nanotrasen

Post by peoplearestrange » #1368

Due to a recent influx of "Bad PR"* The Nanotrasen Corporation will be once again opening up its customer** service desk and answering*** YOUR**** questions!

Please note that Nanotrasen will prioritise potential customers over current customers and reserves the right to ignore/change/edit/redact any questions/answers/statements/records at any given time without prior notice.

*Bad PR does not actually mean bad PR
** Including employees, investees, managers, captives, experimental AI's, alien lifeforms, alien non lifeforms, pets, clowns, mimes, anything with the Nanotrasen logo stamped on it, floor tiles
*** Answers may not always be answers and may even be in the form of a question
**** Questions may actually be created on behalf of what Nanotrasen would like to see you ask
Terms and conditions apply, participating stations only, 1 question per costumer, except where the costumer counts as more than consciousness, Nanotransen reserve all rights, Nanotrasen are weightless and are not responsible for anything ever
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Re: Ask Nanotrasen

Post by Psyentific » #1374

"What're ya wearing?"
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #1376

Dear Nanotrasen,

The gravitational generator is great! But how did we have gravity before it?

Sincerely,
Chief Engineer
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #1383

Psyentific wrote:"What're ya wearing?"
Nanotrasen Brand Customer Service "Clothes".
Comfy and practical! Order yours from your Cargo department today!*
* Not all cargo bays will be able to order this exclusive item. Ordering depends on your Cargo credit score. Quarter Masters reserve the right to call you "Mad" and "There's no such thing"
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #1385

bandit wrote:Dear Nanotrasen,

The gravitational generator is great! But how did we have gravity before it?

Sincerely,
Chief Engineer
You should have received the update notes in your standard Nanotrasen "Update Package Push/Pull Requests Sub-Space Mail" Version 34561212A.

Please see sub-section 4532-AAAAFLOR which clearly states:
"...Nanotrasen 'semi-sticky' floor tiles have been replaced with regular ceramic/metal floor tiles. A gravity generator will be provided to compensate for your comfort and security..."

If you would like to re-subscribe/unsubscribe to "Update Package Push/Pull Requests Sub-Space Mail" please click this link
Nanotrasen Representative ECHO113
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #1389

Dear Nanotrasen,

What the fuck was that?

Regards,

Jebediah Kerman
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #1396

Jeb wrote:Dear Nanotrasen,

What the fuck was that?

Regards,

Jebediah Kerman
Its simply [REDACTED].
All it [REDACTED].
[REDACTED].
Hope that helps clear [REDACTED] up.

Last edited by peoplearestrange on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Note: this message may have been subject to Nanotrasen security checks before being released into the public domain. Sorry for any inconvenience
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #1467

Why did the asteroids wexmine suddenly fill up with loads of hostile life forms?

Sincerly A Former Hostile Life Form
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #1475

Dear Nanotrasen,

How exactly does cloning work? What do you do with the leftover bodies from each shift?

Regards,

Jeb
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #1585

Jalleo wrote:Why did the asteroids wexmine suddenly fill up with loads of hostile life forms?

Sincerly A Former Hostile Life Form

Previously the "Western" mines were off limits to all Nanotrasen staff and consequently removed from any maps and scanner 'Black Spots' were created to deaden the area. This was due to safety issues regarding the "Hostile" Life Forms. However recent advancements in miner self defence and weapon technology. This is in no way linked with the abundance of rare/expensive minerals/ores.

Any suggestion of Nanotrasen of this will be considered as gross miss-conduct, conspiracy against the corporation and in-sighting miss-information and will be dealt with sub-sequent punishment as shown in the "Nanotrasen Space Law" manual, Law 4502, Sub-section 8, paragraph 2, word 10.

Thank you for your custom.
If you have trouble reading or understanding this you can request this document to be printed, spoken, injected or telepathed.

Nanotrasen Representative FOXTROT643
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #1586

Jeb wrote:Dear Nanotrasen,

How exactly does cloning work? What do you do with the leftover bodies from each shift?

Regards,

Jeb
The Cloning process, blueprints and scientific theory is currently under the Central Command Secrecy Act, and is therefore limited to a "need to know" base. Your local research facility's Research Director has limited knowledge of this process and maybe able to answer some simple questions on this matter. However any "Leaked" secrets, as judge by a Internal Affairs, Captain, Head of personal, Head of Security, Security officer, Ian, maybe considered as grounds for contract termination of both the Research Director and questioner. Nanotrasen reserves the right to minimise "risk" at point of contract termination and could potential lead of further "termination processing".

Many thanks for you question and curiosity.
Remember loose lips cost contracts.

Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #1629

Dear Nanotrasen,

Why does the nuke disc regenerate when someone destroys it? More importantly, why has this technology not been deployed more broadly?
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #1639

Drynwyn wrote:Dear Nanotrasen,

Why does the nuke disc regenerate when someone destroys it? More importantly, why has this technology not been deployed more broadly?
As a continuation of this question, why does Central Command occasionally send the authorization code for the nuclear device to our communication consoles?

Hell, why do you equip every station with a seemingly inactive nuclear device in the first place? What is going on here?
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #1647

Jeb wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:Dear Nanotrasen,

As a continuation of this question, why does Central Command occasionally send the authorization code for the nuclear device to our communication consoles?

Hell, why do you equip every station with a seemingly inactive nuclear device in the first place? What is going on here?

Both questions are linked in more than the physical object of which you talk. Due to recent declassification of said "Nuclear Quarantine and Clean Slate Device" (Official name) I am happy to say I can explain, mostly, this to you pending ID checks

-------
PLEASE SWIPE YOUR ID NOW
-------
ID SCANNED, CONFIRMED NANOTRASEN EMPLOYEE
--------

Many thanks here is the information required:

"... therefore Nanotrasen employs the use of a Nuclear Quarantine and Clean State Device (N.Q.C.S.D). This device is to be used in the most dire of situations where the Alert level has been authorised, from both Central Command and on station, to Delta level. Such circumstance may include:
[*]Station has been severely overrun by a hostile lifeform such as [REDACTED] and the risk of quarantine being broken is higher than 79% (AI calulated).
[*]The station has been forcibly taken over by a militant/militia/enemy of Nanontrasen (Such as the [REDACTED] or [REDACTED]) and risk of research loss is greater than the quantifiable loss of employee assets.
[*]The station is undergoing a hostile "Health & Safety Inspection"
[*]The station is to be decommissioned and a clean removal is need to prevent lifeform/research leaks.
Other circumstance may arise that are not listed here, Central Command is to advise in all of these situations."

"...To prevent the possible loss of the Authentication Arming D.I.S.C (Data In Suspend Containment) and therefore the risk of being unable to use the NQCSD in circumstance listed previously a DISC Fail Retrieval System (DISC FaRSe) has been applied. This uses Nanotrasen Brand Bluespace technology and advanced sensing equipment to retrieve the DISC from potential destruction. This works by on DISC micro sensors detecting, from a bank of sensors, surroundings of the disc and to whether the DISC has potential of being destroyed within the next 0.2 nanoseconds. If the sensors compute that the surrounding environment could lead to DISC destruction then the [REDACTED] Bluespace device will be activated, transporting the DISC to its original 'Home' state, which is set by the shift controller or Captain."

Not stated above is due to the massive expense, nanotech and limited capacity of said Bluespace tech required to be built into the DISC only one DISC per station is created.

Many thanks for your question.
PLEASE HARD DELETE AND DESTROY ALL HARD/ELECTRONIC COPIES OF THIS INFORMATION.
THE LEAK OF ANY (Including declassified) INFORMATION IS CONSIDERED AUTOMATIC GROUNDS FOR CONTRACT TERMINATION.

Nanotrasen Representative HOTEL552
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #1651

Thanks for the great info. I'll pass this forward to my colleagues at the United Wizard's Federation.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #1681

Jeb wrote:Thanks for the great info. I'll pass this forward to my colleagues at the United Wizard's Federation.
As a complimentary parting gift please enjoy the two fully armed and active thermo nuclear warheads now converging on your position. This notice also serves as your contract termination.

Thank you for choosing Nanotrasen.

AUTOMATED MAIL NOTIFCATION AND SURGICAL STRIKE BOT.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #1735

THAT WAS THE CLOWN!! HE MUST BE A CHANGELING, HE STOLE MY IDENTITY AND CRYOSTUNG ME TOO!!

I HAVE A LOYALTY IMPLANT!
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #1738

Why does the station have so little soap?
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #1772

Why does this research station continue to research technology that has already been thoroughly researched, with results on-board seemingly never published or pushed to Nanotrasen Central Command Scientific Division?

How does the station stay powered before we come on board for our shifts, if no engines are running?

Why, after many years of constant infiltration, has the source of these infiltrations not been dealt with? The same insertion technique for all this time surely must've been found by now.

Why are my cloning records kept filed under classified data, and in the Central Command Xenobiology department?

Why can't I find the Mime?
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #1782

Drynwyn wrote:Why does the station have so little soap?
Furthermore, why are there so few bathrooms? Why are said bathrooms not closer to the cafeteria?
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #1813

Why is there only 5-6 dorm rooms on a station expected to hold 30-50+ people?
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #1859

Nanotrasen High Command Health & Safety officer recently amended the H&S policy act and now classifies "Soap" as a civilian weapon. This limits its use and also users. In many Nanotrasen stations you will find soap bolted to the walls or chained to the floors to avoid unauthorised removal of said weapon. If your "soap" has not be secured please inform a member of the security team.

Thank you for your question.

peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #1863

KingLouisXIV wrote:Why does this research station continue to research technology that has already been thoroughly researched, with results on-board seemingly never published or pushed to Nanotrasen Central Command Scientific Division?

How does the station stay powered before we come on board for our shifts, if no engines are running?

Why, after many years of constant infiltration, has the source of these infiltrations not been dealt with? The same insertion technique for all this time surely must've been found by now.

Why are my cloning records kept filed under classified data, and in the Central Command Xenobiology department?

Why can't I find the Mime?
From your signal signature I see you are calling from Space Station 13. This vessel is considered as a "Platform of Unique and Special Interest". I'm afraid I am authorised only to give limited detail, especially to employees residing on said platform and my response will be heavily censored prior to your retrieval.

Essentially Space Station 13 (SS13) is a primary testing platform. This means that ALL shift crew are on a repeating "day", this is accomplished by [REDACTED], meaning all shift crew will [REDACTED] every shift. Therefore all research, station damage, loss of life and/or equipment will be restored upon [REDACTED]. Thus all crew will [REDACTED] the [REDACTED] each time.

This way we can pre-emptively target any weakness similar platforms may have.

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm also being told the [REDACTED] protocol is about to be run on SS13 again, it is unlikely you will retain any of this data or memory.

Thank you for yo...
[TERMINATING SIGNAL]
[SIGNAL TERMINATED]
[ERASING LOGS]
[ERASED]
[RESTARTING]
[RESTART IN PROGRESS...]
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #1864

WeeYakk wrote:
Furthermore, why are there so few bathrooms? Why are said bathrooms not closer to the cafeteria?
Not all platform layouts are designed exactly the same. However the I believe the one you are referring to had the bathroom facilities moved from adjacent to the kitchen due to a cross contamination in er... well there's policy no on how I should write this so, should I say, products from either facility(?).
This caused a 100% improvement in food quality but a 100% fall in life to standard humans (as defined by Nanotrasen, article 45)

peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #1866

Neerti wrote:Why is there only 5-6 dorm rooms on a station expected to hold 30-50+ people?
Ah a simple one this! Dorms are for "On shift" sleeping only, crew is not expected to sleep often, if at all, on shift and the majority of recuperation and sleep is to taken after the shift has ended and the crew transfer shuttle has returned you to central commands dorm complex.

Sorry that you didn't understand this before, it should have all been covered in your welcoming users package.

SJ212
Byond Username: Seanjohn212

Post by SJ212 » #2006

why is everyone you hire a 40 year old manchild or an absolute slut
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #3347

peoplearestrange wrote:
Nanotrasen High Command Health & Safety
dear nanotrasen,

we actually have health and safety regulations?
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #4002

SJ212 wrote:why is everyone you hire a 40 year old manchild or an absolute slut
Due to the limits of modern cloning technology, multiple cloning procedures do have certain negative effects, much like a Old fashioned Xerox/Photocopy will degraded each time it is copied. Our geneticists try to do there best to correct these genetic disorders but unfortunately psychology has not caught up with these "copy errors".

This coupled with the extremely hazardous environment in which employees must work in leads to inevitable cloning of almost every lower tier staff.

Many thanks for you question.
Remember if you feel strange please visit your local Geneticist.

peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #4003

Kraso wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:
Nanotrasen High Command Health & Safety
dear nanotrasen,

we actually have health and safety regulations?
Due to the most recent small contained "close-call" "rebellion" on Space Station 11 a minium standard of Health & Saftey was added to the standard Nanotrasen Contract.

If you would like a full copy of the 165 page fine print document - A113 - then send a self addressed cargo container to Nanotrasen Central Command along with a copy of your ID, medical and security records, full employee name and number, full finger print record, retinal scan, DNA code sequence, signed and stamped approval from your Head of Personal, Captain and relevant Head of department (If you are the Clown you CANNOT self stamp) and a complete but "non active" clone of yourself.

Many thanks for you question and curiosity.
Remember Nanotrasen Cares* about your safety**.

*Values your work at current stock amounts
**Ability to be able to work.
RogerWilco
Byond Username: BlakeJohnson

Post by RogerWilco » #4192

Dear Nanotrasen, why in the name of god did you remove the food-airlock from all of our space helmets?
And why did you relocate station mining operations to a less mineral filled asteroid with GOD DAMNED SPACE MONSTERS on it?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #4255

centcom when will we get our knees back

I only wish to climb over racks and tables, is that so much to ask
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #4260

What was Nanotrasen's overall revenue for the first quarter of this year?
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #4262

Those figures are currently classified.

However, we are currently the industry leaders in risk management and hold multi-billion dollar consultancy contracts with other companies to advise them of how things can go wrong.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #4457

imblyings wrote:centcom when will we get our knees back

I only wish to climb over racks and tables, is that so much to ask
Due to the unnatural "Gravity" created by the new artificial gravity generator, all employee knees are being removed from service. This is to reduce the risk of TLC's (Total Leg Collapse), knee's will be returned upon end of contract, but will be kept as spares upon forceful contract termination.

If you need to stand on a table please ask a fellow employee to throw you there.

peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #4459

RogerWilco wrote:Dear Nanotrasen, why in the name of god did you remove the food-airlock from all of our space helmets?
And why did you relocate station mining operations to a less mineral filled asteroid with GOD DAMNED SPACE MONSTERS on it?
We removed face service hatches on all space helmets due to budget cuts and and unnecessary increased risk. The ability of most suit users simply being able to remove said helmet to eat should remove this necessity.

Note: If you are in a vacuum or hazardous environment, please do NOT remove your helmet to eat and simply wait until a convenient and safe time to eat.

The mining related question has already been answered in previous statements and therefore no further detail can/will be provided.

Nanotrasen Representative HOTEL552
RogerWilco

Post by RogerWilco » #4669

Okay, I change my question.
Why is [NAME WITHHELD] [DATA EXPUNGED] Pun Pun [REDACTED] space lube [REDACTED] stun baton [DATA EXPUNGED] and a copy of Woody's Got Wood?!

Addendum- Jesus Christ, we're gonna have to sanitize this one. -Supervisor ██████
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #4707

[connected to ASK NANOTESSEN response network]
[Welcome CEO Perkins]
*welcome to (ASK NANOTESSEN)*

One word: Wizards

[logoff]
[ERROR!]
[ERROR!]
[ILLEGAL ACCESS DETECTED. LOCKING DOWN]
[ACCESS TRACED TO: TOTSNOTSPIDACLN]
[BLOCKING FURTHER ACCESS FROM IP]
[HAVE A NICE DAY]

On another note, Why do you let crew on vacations where they may return only to prove to be horrific monstrosities?
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #4805

How do our microwaves spit out fully prepared meals from some flour, an egg, and some raw slabs of unknown meat?

Why can't we have actual cooking devices in our kitchen, like an oven?

And why do you put vending machines on the station, but still send chefs when the vending food satisfies any needs for hunger?
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #5169

Good afternoon employee.

In answer to your statement claiming that all needs for hunger are satisfied by vending machines, we send gibber-qualified chefs to satisfy the station's hunger for violence. For the same reason, we also send clowns and mimes.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #5435

[Welcome CEO Perkins]

That and venders really dont do much. The food from them may or may not be packing material.
They spit out plates, again, thanks to contacts withing a federation, and we dont have enough space, time, or funds to send proper kitchen equipment. Have a secure day.

[logoff]
[ERROR!]
[ERROR!]
[ACCESS TRACED TO: SS29]
[ERROR. SS29 IS CONFIRMED DESTROYED.]
[DISPATCHING DS-7]
[HAVE A SECURE DAY]
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #5562

Dear Nanotrasen.

Are our brainwave patterns and memories backed up on some secure server somewhere, making us all a long string of repeatedly cloned bodies, cloned forever and ever until the end of time?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #5652

[Welcome CEO Perkins]

No, you are all biological robots. Have a secure day.
[logoff]
[ERROR!]
[ERROR!]
[ACCESS TRACED TO: [ERROR! LOCATION NOT FOUND]]
[ALERT. RECODING DETECTED.]
[PROCESSING...]
[PROCESSING...]
[SHUTTING DOWN. GLORY TO TOATSNOTSELF]

ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #5686

I can deal with that.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Fuzzeldorf

Post by Fuzzeldorf » #5711

May I have a cookie?

And shouldn't you get long range scanners to see the nuclear ops that come into the station's range?
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #5810

[Welcome CEO Perkans]
No, that costs too much.
We allready have them. They are in use.
[logoff]

sovietspyder

Post by sovietspyder » #6398

Then why the hell do they not work until the fuckin' shuttle's literally, what, 25 meters away from the station?!
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #6399

why do you keep saying "NANOTESSEN""
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Void Slayer
Byond Username: Void Slayer

Post by Void Slayer » #6417

sovietspyder wrote:Then why the hell do they not work until the fuckin' shuttle's literally, what, 25 meters away from the station?!
Nano Transen IT department here.

We are getting a green signal on the 500km detector, everything seems to be working fine and the notification is going to corporate legal like it should.

Are they not updating you?

NTIT the best technology indentured monkeys can put together.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #6617

danno wrote:why do you keep saying "NANOTESSEN""
[ID listed as: ASK NANOTRESSEN IT SUPPORT]
We send these messages from the other end of the system using a tech that is still getting worked on. Do you expect us to get every character right?
If you still get these errors, try seeing if your PDA is plugged in. On-station comms relays are under maintenance, and are expected to be operational in 795 years. Until then there may be some errors.
[logoff]

RogerWilco

Post by RogerWilco » #6940

Dear Nano£"£EUEHU"E
Why is my s"!£*l awf*(?
FUCK THIS PIE*& OF SHIT