The Necropolis

I cast magic missile at the darkness
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

The Necropolis

Post by Bluespace » #408746

What is your lore on the necropolis?
I'm going to do a thread soon for it and i'm curious.
I play Boris Pepper.
InsightfulParasite
Byond Username: InsightfulParasite

Re: The Necropolis

Post by InsightfulParasite » #408752

The Necropolis legion i think is just a big assmilitation creature. Maybe the necropolis was built to contain it. Theres alot of diffrent stuff happening on lavaland so its kinda a gambit pileup with the translocated earth structures, the demons, and the fucking weird ass wildlife that seems to be spawned by tendrils erupting from deep within the planet. Whenever you kill a tendril a loud roar can be heard before it collapses into a chasm.
The Ash Walkers i always thought were lizardmen who were translocated onto lavaland or crashed onto it with a ship and then got assimilated into the tendril.
Last edited by InsightfulParasite on Wed May 09, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #408773

it's all just a huge holodeck put there by nanotrasen and the asteroid still exists
lavaland was a mistake
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ghommie
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Ghom

Post by Ghommie » #408797

I always though of the necropolis as a sacred temple or burial grounds of a cryptic acient civilization practicing an entithesis of virtues, plus magic (several sin ruins etc.).
The Tendrils of scorched bones and obsidian veins found all over Lavaland Genate Legions, local fauna, and Ashwalkers by feeding off the remains and the dead souls of the necropolis (It's required to feed the ashwalker tendril with "dead" enemies to generate new eggs, The legion's skulls use corpses as hosts). And last, I think a good part of the Tendrils' loot are probably funerary relics, while the rest being pertinent the dead NT shaft miners, explorers (and clowns in the search of the clown planet) that arrived to lavaland over the past decades.

What's inside the Necropolis is unknown, maybe intricately immense catacombs a la dwarf fortress, maybe a diseased, undead and fleshy place like some goon's adventure zone, maybe Dark Souls' Blightown or the madness of the Arena Shuttle and Doom, Or even the Clown planet, hell. We know that The First Legion has been assigned as its entrace guardian, alongside with the Ash drakes (by the lore of the shortly testmerged lone survivor muhrins dropship and the gate statues' description).
"