The Sybil Story Thus Far

I cast magic missile at the darkness
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

The Sybil Story Thus Far

Post by Hulkamania » #476664

If you aren't a sybil player (or even if you are but you weren't online) you probably haven't been around to see the events I've been running. It all started with a simple payday/heist operatives event that kind of grew into more of a storyline based thing. I'm posting this here as a recap so as the story continues I can link people who are interested in the lore behind the events. Big thanks to Chromaisindeedtaken for doing a bunch of creative writing and making my words look more better.

Mr. Blackburn, be it out of concern or simply the love of hearing his own name, has asked that we keep tabs on any and all communications we can locate about his recent exploits. Here's the official records we've found.

Nanotrasen News Network
Spoiler:
SOL control, refer to addendum number #816 about SOL's policies regarding foreign territories in "Free Space".

sww.nanotrasennews.sol

"The news of Tomorrow, Now! The First one in everything, Nanotrasen News Network!"

MINI NEWS:

>Nanotrasen's own Cash Blackburn dismissed after thirty years of service following recent terrorism attacks on multiple Nanotrasen owned space.
>Odd Syndicate activity slow down after current events of terrorism, supposed Syndicate Legend to be back on service, rumours say.
>Top 10 places to take that meaningful humanoid partner to these vacations!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BIG, EXPLOSIVE HEIST ATTEMPTED AGAINST NANOTRASEN! (Posted "2/15/2551", 0436 hours)
By Anita Wool

Yesterday's explosive heist on a Nanotrasen brand station leaves officials SHOCKED about the possibility of high profile terrorism taking over the Sybil-13 sector.

As the shift yesterday moved along, everybody was minding their own business on Nanotrasen's branded 'Kell-94' station. Nobody could have guessed that the shift was about to turn into pandemonium. Early on in the shift, notorious Admiral of Nanotrasen, 'Cash Blackburn', had, due to unknown circumstances, left his very loved family heirloom-- a 500,000 karat Diamond statue of Blackburn's ancestor.
The crew had passed most of the shift protecting this heirloom with high efforts, as Nanotrasen crew is known to do!

However, things were about to turn for the worst when unknown assailants, suspected to be from the Syndicate, boarded the ship with hostile intentions to rob the heirloom! As the crew detected the infiltrators, the security team and the rest of the crew prepared themselves for a full blown firefight! Resident Assistant John Kino commented, "It was a fucking mess; you start losing yourself after being in between so many lights and so much sound after a while. We were eventually able to repel them though, thanks to our Nanotrasen(tm) Brand weaponry and the excellently trained Security team!".

As the firefight got dispelled, the crew could confirm to Command that all terrorists were killed on action, and that the statue was safe and sound. But not everything was well and dandy-- as further cloning and interrogation of one of the assailants showed that the warp zone was being tampered with!

An ERT was sent in immediately to deal with the situation. The ERT was met with heavy fire from an Assistant, Mia Mitchell, who was allegedly the one tampering with the Warp Drive. The colonel, Rumia Lee, was killed in action by a stray laser and the ERT was forced to back off into Medbay.

As the Warp Drive was getting ready for another jump, the ERT reassembled themselves with help from the Station's security team and stormed into the not quite ready shuttle. After a small gunfight, (allegedly) ex Crewmember Mia Mitchell took a bluespace single warp out of the situation, saving herself. However, her unidentified, presumed Syndicate agent partner was shot and killed in action, and taken in by the ERT for interrogation.
Quite a fast shift for people on the Sybil-13 sector, a sector renown for its peaceful Stations and almost Terrorism Free ambient!

EDIT: After many rumours were spread of a possible connection between Admiral Blackburn's dismissal letter and the recent terrorist attacks, Nanotrasen official Jed Anderson reassured investors and general public that "There was no feasible connection between the events. Cash's views didn't reflect that of Nanotrasen, and as such he was dismissed officially. This has nothing to do with recent events that have taken place, please do not be alarmed."

1.2m comments. Shared 3.4m times.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FEAR, THE WAVE! (Posted "2/22/2551", 0539 hours)
By Writes-The-News

As the largest rise of terrorism in the last decade continues, a new 'Silicon Rights Group' rises out of the blue to terrorize the previously calm Sybil-13 sector.

Things keep getting rockier on the Sybil-13 sector as yesterday, newly founded Silicon Rights Group 'The Wave' attacked Nanotrasen brand 'Auma-19', with the objective to 'Liberate the fair race'.
As they boarded the ship and Central Command blasted the alarms, the crew immediately started the manhunt to drive these boarders away. Little did the crew know, the infiltrators were one step above them, and had stolen grey jumpsuits from the dormitories in order to disguise themselves as part of the crew. As the shift moved on, and the crew was unable to find the infiltrators, little by little they amassed the necessary components to 'Liberate' the silicons and destroy the 'Opressors', as they themselves said.

Hours after the alarms had gone off, the sudden blaring of the Delta alarm started to go off-- the infiltrators had successfully hacked and corrupted the AI to destroy all organics in the station. As the boarders ran to escape singing victory, however, they were met by a hail of fire from the security team who was waiting for them there. After cloning, one of the members of the Wave decided to tell them how to stop the Delta device in return of his freedom.
As such, the brave crew managed to disassemble the device and destroy the malfunctioning silicons with minimal loses. Nanotrasen wins again!

1.5m comments. Shared 3.2m times.
Strange Correspondance of one Major Oversight
Spoiler:
>cd C:/
>exec "C:/servo"
>. . .
>logon: sbtracker
>Connecting. . .
>Parsing Data. . .
>Handshaking. . .
>Done.
>Initializing GUI

//////////////////
//WELCOME TO SBT//
//////////////////
///\\\\\\\\\\/////
///\\\/////\\\////
///\\\//////\\\///
///\\\/////\\\////
///\\\\\\\\\\/////
///\\\/////\\\////
///\\\//////\\\///
///\\\/////\\\////
///\\\\\\\\\\/////
//////////////////

>login: caoversight
>Please enter password.
>password: ********
>Verifying. . .
>Done.

WELCOME BACK Major Oversight.
PLEASE TYPE IN A COMMAND. . .

>newinput "Report #981"
>Pre-Formatting. . .

>ENTRY NUMBER 1012 BY USERNAME 'caoversight'

>Overseer agent ID 3941, nickname "Oversight"; number of operation. . . 981 on record, Made on. . . Fourteen of the Second Month of Two-Thousand Five-hundred Fifty-one Anno Domini, "14/2/2551".
>Initializing transcription. //PLEASE TALK AFTER THE BEEP//
>
>'Coming in... sounds crisp. You all lot were probably not expecting another word from me after... you all know what; but here you have me again, a dead woman walking. We never lose our bad habits do we.
>Alas, I have some info that I'm sure high command is itching to hear about. About that whole Blackburn fiasco the other day. Pretty odd to defect at a time like this, if you were to ask me.
>Where to start... right, I guess we start on the beginning.
>Admiral Blackburn, a big shot of Nanotrasen- way too big. The man is basically a living legend- or was, I guess. He had a supposed "family heirloom" to take care of, a diamond statue of some repute. As soon as I heard of this, I was all eyes on the thing. A diamond statue owned by a living legend? That thing oughts be worth WAY more than what Nanotrasen pays the old geezer.
>
>The interception from Command room shed no light on the thing, but I did get one thing clear and through- Blackburn wanted it safe at all costs. The crew seemed to be ok with this task, and so it got put in the vault. They stationed guards around it and they even made a fucking replica, which shows a crazy amount of dedication, not something common nowadays on Nanotrasen stations. After the stationed guards and all that bullshit was confirmed by Blackburn, he took the ferry back. The long range marker I put on the ferry showed its commands were to go back into Command, however the pathing system said otherwise... It directed itself somewhere between the void of SOL territory and the corporate territory of Andromeda. I'd bet my pay on somewhere between sector A-873 and A-880.
>
>The marker I placed intercepted a radio signal too; in all the ruckus, I had to dump the logs to not get my cover blown, but it was something about... some low priority thieves from Market and Colony. Nicknames were... "Hoxton", "Wolf", "Dallas" and "Chains". Right out of some XXIV, mid Void War Noir novel, right? Anyways, these fucks were tasked with the retrieval of the statue. Quite an odd way of transportation, you may say, but it'll make sense later.
>Either way, as all low class thieves, they got cocky and money hungry. They somehow had seized operative gear, and although they did not weapon equipment of any particular Syndicate brand- or at least I'm sure it wasn't Militech equipment- they did have some ripoff Energy Swords. With that equipment, any nooby can get cocky. They, of course, got caught almost immediately. They almost got wiped out on the firefight that ensued, but two of them were tenacious enough to manage a quick runaway into an odd, probably Luna model vessel. I managed to put a more advanced tracker on the ship when all of this nonsense was going on.
>
>I am... not completely sure what happened next, the tracker only caught a name, and some sword cutting, before the ship's retrieval protocol started. The suit sensor tracking device of my tracker could detect a "Mia Mitchell" on-board. After checking the crew manifest, I could confirm she was a Class-B Assistant, signed up onto the shift. As my previous evaluations and reports have probably shown, Assistants can prove efficient as counter-agent measures. Whatever happened in there, only Mia made it out of the ship. The ship was back at the main location where Blackburn had briefed his agents. I could hear a revolver model... Mateba, Unica 6, chambered in .44, very common choice of weaponry by Nanotrasen staff, since they own the brand. I had guessed Blackburn had just coldblooded her ass into the next realm, but apparently no such thing happened.
>Two hours later, a report from Nanotrasen's Central Command came in- Blackburn was in the station, and had an armed assistant with them. An ERT was being sent into the station to deal with them, apparently a full blown defection notice had occurred and Blackburn was tagged as a high profile traitor to Nanotrasen and was to be jailed- or more likely, executed. I wanted in, of course.
>Running around, I managed to find the Colonel that Nanotrasen had sent in to deal with the situation, she had found Blackburn and was in process of disabling and arresting him. Sadly for her, the assistant was undercover right next to them, and had to just shoot twice. Seemed like victory for Blackburn. However, as the ship protocols were starting up, the fools didn't realize a joint team of Nanotrasen's ERT and the security staff aboard were already on their tail. The protocol didn't start up fast enough, and the tag team got in the shuttle. There was a small shootout, and they managed to kill Blackburn. The assistant however, apparently used a Bluespace beacon to quickly escape from there.
>Now, if I was any other agent, the report would end there; however, I'm not known for giving up halfway.
>Yesterday, I got the hit on some no-name and infiltrated the Blackburn trial undercover. It was a long event, there was quite a lot of discourse about Nanotrasen's punishment of treason and SOL policies on human harm, but in the end, Blackburn got bailed by some shady figures of no repute. They took him into the warp without any more discussion and the trial ended there just as it had started, without any type of notice. Stupid SOL policies.
>That is all the report. I guess you could call this my callback, but maybe something more will surface and I will come back once again. One never knows.'
>
>Transcription finished. Printing to console. . .
>Done. Formatting. . .
>Done.
>Have a secure day :).

>newinput "Report #984"
>Pre-Formatting. . .

>ENTRY NUMBER 1016 BY USERNAME 'caoversight'

>Overseer agent ID 3941, nickname "Oversight"; number of operation. . . 984 on record, Made on. . . Sixteen of the Second Month of Two-Thousand Five-hundred Fifty-one Anno Domini, "16/2/2551".
>Initializing transcription. //PLEASE TALK AFTER THE BEEP//
>
>'So, here I am again. Seems to me that you lot should consider putting my name on that list of yours again, as it stands you're going to be left without any good agent, and the only one doing ANY work here is an ex-Operative. That's me, by the way, in case your thick ass skull didn't let you catch that one.
>Anyways, guess who are back.
>I had originally thought nothing of the desertion of Blackburn, since he seemed to not care much about either side of the ongoing cold war, but boy was I not expecting this. Many people have tried making their own third path, but I think this is the most high profile one yet- and worse even, it almost convinced me it may actually work.
>Have you ever heard of "The Wave"? Well, I have. They were an old silicons rights group-- buncha' robot fucking numbnuts with more bark than bite. I was there on multiple of their raids, which all went as well as "Silicons Rights Group" implies they would go. They lacked strategic foresight, and were as subtle as a hammer with an amp connected to it. Apparently, a robot going murderfuck insane the moment it gets given free will is a concept hard to understand.
>
>Anyways, they commit the mistake of branding their own ships with GPS so that machines can detect them on long range scanners. I detected one of their ships coming close to the station as I was putting scanners down. Shortly thereafter, Central Command detected the vessel as well. Surprisingly enough, their disguises fooled most of the crew-- but you know me. I can't hold back on running up on a greyshirt in maintenance and bludgeoning their head in, so I followed these fools into a corner of the station, where they had set up shop. This was no regular raid, they were actually prepared, and they had been supplied with actual equipment- some reactive core armors, bootleg Cryptographic Sequencers and even new-line model EMP grenades. I was sure of their plan, as soon as I saw all the gear, but something was off- they had a very rare Cryptographed Core Module for Artificial Intelligences, an old model of the newer "Fuck, kill, steal shit" modules we have for corrupting AIs. These old modules were very much so kited out for mass elimination in a big radius, rather than the more subtle effect the newer ones have.
>This was gonna be a shitshow.
>
>And so, as the crew was unable to find the infiltrators, typical. They managed to amass all of the equipment they needed for the law purgation- which they immediately did as soon as the console was set up. But as they were celebrating the freedom they had given to the bolt buckets, a very familiar voice urged them through their intercomm to install the Core Module. They debated a bit about if this was the right way to do things, but the leader shut them all up and uploaded it rashly. What a big fucking mistake that was.
>As I gathered my recording hardware, I ran away into my self-made escape pod, and jacked into the camera systems to see what the fuck was going on. Of course, as soon as the idiots had inserted the board, the AI instantly went into a corrupt rage, and activated the Delta device the board comes equipped with.
>And obviously enough, as The Wave tried to escape, they were doublecrossed by Blackburn, getting executed by a group of mercenaries on the escape shuttle they had set up. Something about "Business" got brought up in their channel frequency.
>
>As the Delta device started going off, and with the Borgs ripping through the crewmembers, the remnants of The Wave seemed to man the fuck up, and decided to help with the efforts to detain the now mad AI. It was all a blur then, since the camera systems started to malfunction in the middle of the fighting. Many silicons died, but many more humans died, and as the AI was taken down, many of the cloning records were deleted-- probably as a hacked protocol to cause some permanent damage in case of mission failure.
>The Delta device in the end didn't go off; however, I could intercept a transmission of Blackburn, talking about this "decisive strike" and thanking the wave for delivering the code. Tracking gave me the coordinates of the space where it was transmitted from. That, however, is something I'll be keeping to myself for now.
>
>Later that day, Nanotrasen denied the involvement of Blackburn to any capacity in regards of these attacks, as they tend to do. This is controllable damage for Nanotrasen for now, but I fear that the damage will only get worse. I also fear that we may be in line for an attack, as Blackburn has definitely not shown any type of appreciation for either side of the ongoing conflict.
>That has been the report. Things seem grim for now, guess we'll have to wait and see. Over and out.'
>
>Transcription finished. Printing to console. . .
>Done. Formatting. . .
>Done.
>Have a secure day :).
ERR!-## LEV$L TE/ CLE%RA@@ R3QU1R#
#$)THE#()$TRUTH()!=IS)=(/$!OUT?=$!THERE
Spoiler:
\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\
CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\

OFFICIAL REPORT OF OPERATION "MAYHEM FIVE"
Name: Rumia Lee
Position: Colonel of Nanotrasen's Armed Forces

To: Codename MR. ORANGE N# 4435
Position: UNKNOWN

Hour of Submission: 0436 hours, day of insertion... Twenty-one of the Second Month of Two-Thousand Five-hundred Fifty-one of SOL, "2/21/2551".
Status of mission: Completed, successful.
Report:

Seems to me like we've been losing quite a lot of good men recently. I got taken down in action, thankfully my body was recovered quickly. We still have ways to go in regards of preparation for our soldiers. Fools barely listened to my orders. Point isn't that, point is that Blackburn got free of charge from this whole ordeal-- we should have shot the bastard when we had a chance, now we're with this whole terrorism group thing going on against us, people are starting to lose faith in Nanotrasen security, and many have gone down to Colony for SOL protection over Nanotrasen.
Things aren't looking good, and as it stands, it'll only get bleaker.

The full report was already made, this is a complementary report of way more classified nature-- I intend on letting none but the high command see this. As you already know, we took down Blackburn and cloned him into trial, however as it stands, Blackburn is as much of an antagonist to Nanotrasen as the Syndicate is-- and maybe more; ever since the Lavaland Syndicate Outpost got BSA'd, they seem to have lost a big brunt of their 'Overseeing Units', as they themselves call it. Maybe we're finally en-route to finishing this conflict once and for all. However, with Blackburn's rise to both fame and power, we seem to have an even bigger problem with high profile terrorism. Blackburn is not afraid to act directly, and as much as our PR team tries to hide it, the people know, Mr. Orange.

The people aren't as dumb as we'd like them to be.
And that thing the other day-- The Wave. We made it seem like they were new, but they have already acted on Colony and- specially- on the Vivisector 3 of Andromeda. Many people may not know, but we sure as hell remember them. If he's going to start employing low level militia from random parts of the universe, we can't be sure that they're not going to go for Militech, or for Androus Robotics-- exactly the companies that could and, if given the funds, will try direct strikes to Nanotrasen. Things are getting out of hand, Orange, and we can't be passive about this whole ordeal.

Maybe next time they'll target Central Command, and God helps us if they find the coordinates to High Command.
I recommend we direct more funds towards our troops, we definitely need better armed militia. Fuck what SOL thinks is right, this is the entire company on the line, if we fuck one thing up, that'll be the end of us. We could also- if you don't mind dabbling in bad shit- we could also contract some nameless Bounty Hunter to locate this 'Junction' for us. We can't keep getting one upped by fucking morons, Sir, all of the progress we've made since the Void Wars will be lost due to sheer incompetency. Maybe we could even withdraw some forces from the VG-1553 sector, at the risk of them getting directly focused. That's a sacrifice we could make.

As it stands, things seem really, really bleak. We definitely need a solution, and fast-- hopefully, before people start having doubts in Nanotrasen again. We've been building up to this point for so long, we just can't let go now.
I'm going to move on the shadows, you lot at High Command can say I was acting out of my own will if SOL were to find me fiddling around. I'll take it down, and then we'll say Blackburn got... I don't know, some Syndicate Hitman got him when he was on the retirement planet on Andromeda.
At this point any fucking thing could happen.

Signs, RUMIAL
Colonel of NAF, general of SOL.
Long live Nanotrasen.

\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\
CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\CLASSIFIED\\FOR YOUR EYES ONLY\\
Biological warefare and you!
Spoiler:
//WELCOME//TO//NTBLS//

ACCESS DENIED.
CLEARANCE NEEDED: ADMIRAL OR HIGHER
PLEASE INPUT ID.
ID NUMBER: 13669
. . .
PROCESSING. . .
ID FOUND. INPUT PASSWORD: ******************
. . .
PROCESSING. . .
ACCESS GRANTED.
WELCOME DISPLAYERROR
DISPLAYING LATEST RECEIVED REPORT. . .

//SUBMITTED BY: "LEE, Rumia Rento"//
//OF RANK: General of NANOTRASEN's Armed Forces; Director of NANOTRASEN/SOL Joint Emergency Response Team Codename 'Uranium'//
//ON DAY: "4/3/2551", "0443" SOL Standard Time.//
//ERROR: Error number 'deathSquad1'. Please contact your local Technomancer for repairs, maintenance and/or replacement of broken parts.//

"I had expected to not write another report this soon after last month's sieges, but it seems like Blackburn can't keep himself out of our bases. Last report was handwritten, but it seems like we have a mole in our bases. I don't like this information relay, it is prone to errors, but if it gets jacked it has a tracking sensor, unlike regular paper.
You may have heard about the recent exploits down on PL-18, or 'Lavaland' by our friends, the SYNDICATE. After we BSA'd their last one, they managed to get another one of those shiny communication and research bases. Very pretty, even prettier to see blown up. That is not all, however, as early hours yesterday, our Bluespace Trackers detected an unidentified ship by the planet's atmosphere-- not one of ours, and not a signed Syndicate model. My original guess was that a SOL Maintenance Vessel had gone out of trajectory by a nearby sector and ended up in Nanotrasen space, however, maintenance models tend to not be armed with high-yield cannons and heavy laser turrets.
After closer inspection, we decided to air on the side of caution, and announced to Head staff of the current working shift on the nearby station that we had a suspicion Blackburn's ship was on the below planet for unknown reasons, and that we were sending an Officer to prepare for any eventualities that may or may not occur.
The course of action to take, as indicated by my fellow general, was to arm the crew and 'draw out the rats'. Less than subtle, but pretty effective.
Some time passed while the Heads discussed what course of action to take in case of a full blown frontal attack, when we received chatter from the Mining staff on board that one of the miners-- due to either incompetence or laziness, found himself wandering off into the Syndicate communication base. You may have trouble believing it, but this miner possibly saved the shift from chaos just by being an useless prick-- or I guess, by not being one. Somehow.
The miner, probably using some of the fauna to his advantage, made his way into the base and set off the self destruction device that the base has as a failsafe in case the base is compromised-- or that's what I'm guessing it is for, I really see no other reason to have such a high yield bomb in such an enclosed space. Their own precautions turned against them, kind of ironic.
Anyways, you may ask yourself 'General Lee, this is not the first time you get out of topic in a report', and you'd be right, but that's not what I'm trying to get at-- what I was trying to get at is that the crew later discovered Blackburn's body in the wreckage, alongside parts of an unusual GYGAX mech model and some unbranded weaponry.
The miner had clumsily stumbled his way onto saving the day out of pure boredom.
An unusually good lookout for the shift, and the Heads of staff were already beginning to celebrate the possible rise they would get. And they would have, if it wasn't for this bastard's silver tongue. They cloned Blackburn and were getting ready for questioning, when, allegedly, a crew-member screamed over the general communication channel that an Operator had been spotted outside of the station. Great timing, and as such I have a hard time believing this was true, but the crew bit, and the Captain left the CMO to take care of Blackburn while he attended to the other problem. Chief Medical Officers are known for not being particularly bright, the requirements are unusually low to be such an important role in the station, and they generally get indoctrinated by the Syndicate or some other company to act against our best interests. Either way, Blackburn managed to convince, or bribe, the CMO into helping him getting out of dodge.
And that he did-- the cloning records of the CMO have yet to be used again and we haven't had any new logins on-board of this specific officer nor have we heard of Blackburn since yesterday. It may be too soon to confirm, so I don't want to say much else about that.
However, about the attack, we just barely managed to foil it, and it was all pure chance. There were too many variables that could have gone wrong. We can just be thankful that it happened the way it did, and be standing on our toes for next attack-- wherever or whenever it may be."

//REPORT FINISHED//
//WOULD YOU LIKE TO PRINT A COPY? Y/N//
Last edited by Hulkamania on Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: The Sybil Story Thus Far

Post by Shadowflame909 » #476666

I was there. I instantly died

the moral of the story was that holy shit X4 is potent
Last edited by Shadowflame909 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
Catamus
Byond Username: Catamus

Post by Catamus » #476667

Awesome! I enjoyed being part of ep. 1 (I was the patrolling officer. I got ganked pretty quick though) and I may have been on for the latter part of ep. 2 but I'm not sure. I hope to be online for future episodes of the series!
Смърт На Камунизма
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #476686

Wait did security catch an operative too? Cuz I thought me and mia cloned an op, chained them to a pipe in maint, forced them to tell us stuff, and went from there.

Rip me and shadow flame. X4 delimb and knockout 2-3 tiles away is bullshit.
[this space reserved]
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master

Post by Hulkamania » #476866

Reformatted the entire storyline to be more flavorful, 99% of the work done by chroma. Take a gander and learn somethin' new
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #476873

yikes

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #476883

angelstarri wrote:yikes
said the literal who with the anime avatar and the weird as fuck 2010-tier gif in their sig lmao
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master

Post by Hulkamania » #476887

PKPenguin321 wrote:
said the literal who with the anime avatar and the weird as fuck 2010-tier gif in their sig lmao
They're a hot up an coming shitposter with everything to prove
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #476958

Exerpts from "A Day Like No Other: The Heroic Misadventures of Medical Officer Smirnov", the bestselling account of the action on Moon Airstrip LXX

On the secrecy of the mission:
Spoiler:
...I can't tell you much about the specifics, not if I want to keep my publishing deal, and my head on my shoulders. What I can tell you is this: You spend enough time in the force, you get to know people, much as Centcomm likes to assemble teams fresh for each misson. I knew Engineer Snyder from some supermatter patch job a few months back and the other MO knew Sec Officer Fitzgerald from basic training, for instance.

None of us had ever heard of Commander Trovato before. There were a few whispers that she was from High Command, some Colonel sent in to clean up the mess brewing on the station before it got too far out of hand. That would make sense to me. Most ERT Commanders are Deathsquad flunkies, and act like it. Trovato was different. She wanted this operation done by the numbers, and to her, that meant no idle chat on the comms channel, no splitting up, and no orders until we were already en route. Despite everything though, the atmosphere as we boarded the shuttle was fairly relaxed. Hardass Commander or no, 99% of your missions as an ERT are boring bullshit that the crew should be able to do for themselves. This was just gonna be another one of those missions.

That's when she told us who our target was...
On the multiple casualties caused by overlapping medical beams:
Spoiler:
...Now you've probably heard this story told a dozen times already. It goes like this: "The team sent in to neutralize the syndicate strike force was so incompetent, their medical officers killed their own Commander by crossing their medical beams, twice."

Here's the truth: It never happened. Some rumour made up by bored assistants with too much time on their hands, picked up and circulated by some bullshit clickbait tabloids circling the drain, in an effort to drive up traffic and stay afloat. Here's a question for you, dear reader. Do you honestly think they'd let just anyone sign up as a Medical Officer for an ERT team? I had to undergo years of extensive training to get where I am, we all did. For each piece of standard issue equipment, you need multiple months of training, and then even more specialized training once they assign you to your role.

Was there an explosion conveniently close to the Commander, at the exact moment when both the Medical Officers had their healing beams enabled? Of course, I have the tinnitus to prove it. Half the mission I was deaf, swearing over the radio as my ear drums leaked out of the side of my head. Was that anything to do with me or Medical Officer Begum? Absolutely not...
On the final raid on the shuttle:
Spoiler:
...By the time Engineer Snyder and I found the shuttle, the engines were glowing hot. Sirens on the station had been blaring about an imminent bluespace jump, Trovato was screaming over the radio that she would personally execute us, and any hope of finding our actual target had gone. This might go some way to explain why I was the first to charge into the shuttle, without calling for any backup. Some might call it stupid, some might call it heroic. I'll let my Medal Of Exceptional Heroism settle that debate.

First impressions of the shuttle was that someone had gotten here before me. It was coated, and I mean floor to ceiling coated, in blood. Looked like the statue thieves had hacked each other to death in a brutal frenzy. Something didn't add up, but I didn't have time to ponder that because out of the hold came Mia Mitchell, brandishing an energy sword and wearing a blood red hardsuit. She wasn't our main target, but she was good enough to calm Trovato down if I killed her.

Unfortunately my energy gun must've been made badly, because I emptied my magazine into the shuttle floor around her, striking her twice, but leaving her standing. As she begain slicing at me with her energy sword, Engineer Snyder entered through the cargo doors, blasting into the melee, to no avail. As he did so, the shuttle's engine finished their charging cycle, and we plunged into bluespace, headed to god knows where.

Out of options, the three of us fought a bloody close quarters battle. If not for my medical injectors, I fear we would both have perished. The fighting moved up into the shuttle cockpit, as Snyder and I attempted to knock the energy sword from her hands. The turning point came when Mitchell took out a stunbaton, not realizing that our stimulants rendered us all but immune to stuns. Snyder was able to disarm her, and, bleeding from our combined 12 energy sword wounds, we hacked her into pieces.

Time became a little confused after that, but considering we were both down a few pints of blood, it's a miracle we returned with a story to tell at all. The shuttle landed on some frozen hellhole somewhere, and I feared we were stranded, but Snyder was able to plot a course back to the station. Inspecting the hold, we found the butchered remains of Smyrtna Elias, one of the station's only security officers, as well as numerous less identifiable bodies. Who knows how many more Mitchell might've killed, had we not stopped her?
On the evacuation and debriefing:
Spoiler:
...I hailed our Commander as soon as we returned to radio range, only to find that we were to evac in disgrace, none of us having found our primary target. Apparently my hunch that killing our secondary target would calm her down was false. At any rate, I was unable to get a word in edgewise as she ranted that we were the worst ERT she had ever seen, that she would inform Centcomm of our names, and have us all fired, and then shot for good measure.

I tried to inform her about Mitchell, but she said that if we weren't on the shuttle in 60 seconds, she was leaving without us. I hope this, combined with the fact I had lost 2 pints of blood, helps the reader understand my headspace at the time. Perhaps you will better understand why I left behind both the body of Mitchell, and those of her victims.

The mood on the ferry back to Centcomm was a far cry from the jovial mood before the mission. We'd failed our primary objective, partially failed our secondary objective, none of us had escaped without injury. And now we were all facing execution for gross incompetence. Our Commander had died twice, and lost all of her equipment, usually a source of derision for an ERT member, but none of us wanted to be the one to point that out now.

Once we arrived back at Centcomm, Trovato left to write up her report, and the rest of us were left in the break room to await our fate. We decided to get smashed. Where we began the mission as vague acquaintances, we ended it as close friends. We were all facing execution anyway, what did it matter?

Perhaps some god took pity on us, because when Trovato returned, she informed us that the body of our primary target
had been recovered after all, meaning we'd be spared execution. What's more, we would all get to retire with a full pension, effective immediately. Some might say that we were being forced into an early retirement because Nanotrasen needed a win in the media, and a heroic ERT looks a lot better than one being executed for incompetence. I don't really care much either way. I'm set for life off the back of this book deal, and all the interviews and speaking gigs we've all landed mean we don't have to give a fuck about the escalating conflict in the sybil sector ever again.

Much, much later, I found out that Mitchell was reported to still be alive, having escaped justice at our hands with some bluespace trick. Now, I don't know much about bluespace technology, but I will say this: I'd believe the rumours a lot more if I hadn't personally disemboweled her...
Chromajnh
Byond Username: Chromaisindeedtaken

Post by Chromajnh » #477051

Writing up more as soon as I have something thought up, and I get the green light from Hulk.
Maybe I'll also draw something for it, who knows.
I also made some music loosely related to it. I'm not very good at it, I welcome all types of criticisms.
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #477119

[youtube]MFTh8pjtQYY[/youtube]
Old but relavent
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #479388

ITT: Angelstarri gets fucking destroyed by everyone
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #480830

where is the episode featuring classic gamer statics
Limey wrote:its too late.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #480988

Episode 1 - DONACDUM

Episode 2 - Liberation of the Toasters

Episode 3 - Revenge of the Self Destruct
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master

Post by Hulkamania » #482385

Another report has been added to the documentation.