CYOA Style Adventure: Space Station 0.13

I cast magic missile at the darkness
AnActualDog
 
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm
Byond Username: An actual dog

CYOA Style Adventure: Space Station 0.13

Postby AnActualDog » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:55 pm #490863

You are sitting in a little spacecraft. You look out the window. A large space station is in front of your ship. You hear a voice coming from some speakers:
"SS0.13 to NanoTrasen Employee #021292."
"Before we can confirm your docking signal, please complete the registration Survey."
"Please enter your Name. Make sure it respects the official naming policy!"
You type your name into the console in front of you...

https://forms.gle/tCU2gRBVFRVt3Frn6

Code: Select all
Note:
Welcome. This is a Choose-your-own-Adventure style text based role playing game. And YOU are playing it.
Participants in the thread control the protagonist through commands in their posts or the poll I'll always post - that way, guests can play too.
I'll make up the rest. A lot of it will be through rolls. These rolls are affected by your characters attributes and other stuff, sometimes.
Majority decides what happens. When there is no majority its first come first served, so expect that to usually be the case, unless you support another posters idea.
The time I'll take to pick an action depends on how active this thread will be - that and my need for sleep and stuff.
Last edited by AnActualDog on Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.



AnActualDog
 
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm
Byond Username: An actual dog

Re: CYOA Style Adventure: Space Station 0.13

Postby AnActualDog » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:33 pm #490865

Your name is "Chu Xin Peng". You hear a voice again. It sounds a bit... hesistant.
"Uhm... okay. Are you a boy? Or a girl?"

https://forms.gle/FCeXsjBxXy6oU5Q27

Code: Select all
Note: Don't worry character creation won't go on for much longer.

AnActualDog
 
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm
Byond Username: An actual dog

Re: CYOA Style Adventure: Space Station 0.13

Postby AnActualDog » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:44 pm #490867

Did that shitlord just try to gender you?
Just kidding. You are a boy. Congratulations.
You hear a sigh of relief from the speakers. Followed by:

"Alright sir, thank you. Almost done here. Just fill out this form."
The screen in front of you displays the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attribute registration form. Forms are a pain in the ass so this is the only mandatory one left in the registration progress, since its so cool and original.
Code: Select all
And luckily, each voice in your head only has to pick one attribute he likes. That's it. Hurray.


https://forms.gle/oVqmiUUoC3c57Yjq6

Code: Select all
After this we're off into the actual game. This will determine how good your character is at certain things. That means, how well he'll roll for the things he'll do. It's simple, you'll see.
Oh and you'll get some perks based on your choice but don't worry about it.


Code: Select all
EDIT: Fuck strawpoll. I borked it already. NEVER AGAIN. We're sticking with google.

AnActualDog
 
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm
Byond Username: An actual dog

Re: CYOA Style Adventure: Space Station 0.13

Postby AnActualDog » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:07 pm #490869

You fill out the form. Something felt off about it. As if something has been missing? But whatever you just want to get out of here.
A syringe comes out of the chair you sit on, pokes you in the ass and injects some sort of purple substance.
"Your genetic code has been updated to "P.L.I.S.C.A.E.". That way your abilities can be restored upon cloning. But don't worry about it.

You don't worry about it.

"Setup complete. Initializing docking procedure."
"Employee #021292, NanoTrasen hereby proudly welcomes you to...


==================
Space Station 0,13
==================

sponsored by Dr. Gibb Vanilla, the new and exciting flavor for everyones favorite softdrink!"

Your ship docks. You unbuckle your seat. Then you leave the shuttle and enter your new home and workplace...

Code: Select all
Based on your SPECIAL-Stats, you recieved the following perks and attributes:
SEER - You can roughly glimpse into the future every 5 rolls. Roughly predicts the next roll. (Perception Bonus)
LOOTER - You often happen to find cool shit. 10% chance upon entering a new room or area for finding extra loot. (Luck Bonus)
FATTY - You're fat as fuck. You need more food than normal people. (Endurance Penality)
Welcome to the wonderful world of GAME MECHANICS.

AnActualDog
 
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm
Byond Username: An actual dog

Re: CYOA Style Adventure: Space Station 0.13

Postby AnActualDog » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:13 pm #490870

Your name is CHU XIN PENG. You are a human. And today is your 20th BIRTHDAY. On their 20th BIRTHDAY, NanoTrasen Clone recruits like you get sent to their assigned workplace.
That workplace is a giant SPACE STATION - like the one you are in right now. However, due to recent troubles with the job data bank of your assigned station,
you are by default forced to work as an ASSISTANT and cannot register for any other JOB. However, people on-station are allowed to switch JOBS.
Due to your specific assignment, you did not receive any job training. You basically know fuckall about how exactly the station works.
A number of little muffins with little candles in it were put on every seat on the shuttle.
You also have a variety of INTERESTS. You like keeping your eyes open - both for TROUBLE but also SICK LOOT. Especially if that loot is FOOD.
You also like all of the official NanoTrasen Brands - mostly because the chip in your brain tells you to.
You also know how to read. You are also interested in making it out of this station alive. But you know the statistics. Almost no worker makes it into their retirement.
You also like to play GAMES sometimes.

You get out of your shuttle end enter the stations arrivals area. There are a couple people in grey jumpsuits who arrived with you, immediatly running off somewhere.
You also hear an announcement, reminding you to turn on your goddamn suit sensors.


What do you do?

https://forms.gle/sYQoaKGFYQgNDPxXA

Code: Select all
By the way if the google forms shit is too autistic for you you can still just post commands in here, obviously.

AnActualDog
 
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm
Byond Username: An actual dog

Re: CYOA Style Adventure: Space Station 0.13

Postby AnActualDog » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:36 pm #490874

=>Turn on suit sensors. Run to the primary tool storage and see if you can nab any tools.


You turn on the goddamn suit sensors. Immediatly, your ASSISTANT INSTINCTS kick in. You run... or, well, waddle... towards the primary tool storage.
You don't even have to check the map somehow. With ASSISTANTS and tool storage it's like with baby birds and learning how to fly. Out of the nest you just... know.
But you did see a map on your way there, taking a rough glance. The other assistants run in front of you, you try to catch up, but...


Code: Select all
Roll(1d100)-15:
14,-15 (END, lowest stat)
Total:1


...instead you have to take a little break on your way there, your heart is pumping like crazy. Just... one minute... oof...
...but eventually you reach the tool storage. Yup, looks pretty looted. But you take a look anyway.


Code: Select all
LOOTER TRIGGERED! 80+ for extra loot. (Lets be honest a 10% chance is too little already.)
Roll(1d100)+0:
76,+0
Total:76


Code: Select all
Regular looting:
Roll(1d100)+10:
39,+10 (LUCK #2 stat)
Total:49


You do find a little something. There are still some tools in the vendor. You get a SCREWDRIVER and a CROWBAR and put them into your POCKETS.

What now?


https://forms.gle/QtdZNkJFfNKC7JMKA
Last edited by AnActualDog on Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnActualDog
 
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm
Byond Username: An actual dog

Re: CYOA Style Adventure: Space Station 0.13

Postby AnActualDog » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:08 pm #490875

=>Raid the art storage, it's coloring time!


Alright, if you can't greytide at full power you might as well tide in all the other colors. You walk towards art storage.

Code: Select all
LOOTER activated! Bonus item?:
Roll(1d100)+0:
7,+0
Total:7 Nope.


Code: Select all
Roll(1d100)+0:
41,+0 (Rolls determine your success for a lot of stuff! And not everything is affected by your stats!)
Total:41


The door is already hacked open. Inside, the CLOWN :honkman: is rummaging through the desks. He has a box of crayons and a camera in his hands.
He is distracted. His backpack is overflowing with all sorts of RANDOM BULLSHIT.


You randomly activate SEER even though you didn't really think about it, you guess your ability just wants you to see what happens. If it were sentient. Which it isn't. Probably.

Code: Select all
SEER ACTIVATED! Your next roll will be:
Roll(1d100)+0:
94,+0
Total:94
However, it will still be affected by your attributes. Which can be a good thing!
You can activate it together with your command whenever you feel like it, on a 5 turn cooldown. Just say "also, use SEER" or something.


You're feeling pretty damn good about this situation. A clown with his back towards you? That's like Christmas.
How do you use this opportunity?


https://forms.gle/6sghcAm3w9tYRyWw9

Code: Select all
EDIT: I'll notify you when SEER becomes active again. Unless I forget about it. Dogs got a horrible short term memory sometimes.
Last edited by AnActualDog on Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnActualDog
 
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm
Byond Username: An actual dog

Re: CYOA Style Adventure: Space Station 0.13

Postby AnActualDog » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:21 pm #490876

=> Table him and steal his backpack.


Code: Select all
Roll(1d100)+0:
94,+0 (Affected by STR, your most average stat, so: Not at all.)
Total:94


Giggling with anticipation, you push him onto the table. The bike horn in his pocket unleashes a loud :honk: HONK :honk:.
Code: Select all
Roll(1d100)+0:
38,+0
Total:38

You're havin a little chuckle and then you grab his backpack before he can get up. The time window is pretty small, but luckily, he is a slow fella.
It's not quite a critical success, so some stuff falls out. You quickly put it on. BACKPACK GET!. You can now store a LOT more shit in your INVENTORY.
The clown gets up. He stands on top of the table.

CLOWN: "Haha! Good one! Now, give it back! OR ELSE!
He reaches towards the BIKE HORN :honk: in his pocket.

https://forms.gle/uzMQSCqTjxwDgipdA

AnActualDog
 
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm
Byond Username: An actual dog

Re: CYOA Style Adventure: Space Station 0.13

Postby AnActualDog » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:25 am #490928

=>Lure him to the bar, it's time for the station's favorite pastime: ganging up on and beating up the clown.


You decide to ABSCOND and lure the CLOWN out of his home turf for this one. Oof. More running. You're going to need a snack after this one. But you know where to get one.

Code: Select all
Roll(1d100)-15:
96,-15 (ENDURANCE)
Total:81


Despite being a FAT FUCK, you easily muster up the energy to run from the CLOWN, into the BAR. Probably because his CLOWN SHOES slow him down a lot. Don't expect such luck with other CREW MEMBERS.
CLOWN: "Come back! I got something funny to show you! *HONK*"

You enter the BAR.

Code: Select all
LOOTER activated!
Roll(1d100)+0:
86,+0
Total:86


Finally, you find something useful thanks to your PERK. You see...
Code: Select all
Roll(1d100)+0:
50,+0
Total:50

...that someone left their DRINK on the counter. It's served in a simple WHITE WINE GLASS, it looks kinda THICK and GREY. It smells a little bit like COFFEE.
You got no free inventory space, currently, so you keep it in your LEFT HAND for now.

Inside of the bar, there is an OLD LADY having a heated argument with the COOK over something food-related. A passed out SECURITY OFFICER sleeps at the other end of the room, his head resting on the bar counter.
There is an unfinished DRINK in his grip.
Code: Select all
Roll(1d100)+15:
90,+15 (PERCEPTION bonus)
Total:105

Your maxed out PERCEPTION lets you identify the drink easy-peasy. You know that one! It's a "BEEPSKY SMASH"!


The BARTENDER is standing behind the counter, cleaning glasses with his rag, giving you a skeptical look as you barge into his domain. There are MORE PEOPLE in the next room.

The CLOWN will enter the room in just a second. Think fast!

https://forms.gle/HsqA32vvCydrcZLH8


Return to Roleplaying

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron