Late To Work!

I cast magic missile at the darkness
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Late To Work!

Post by Lovecraft » #82809

Not everyone always arrived on station on time for the start of the shift. Sometimes, I like to get into detail when explaining (when no one asks really) what caused me to get held up.
So pretty much,

What is a/the story behind your character being late to work?

Do they sleep in? Hold another job? Too busy with hookers?
All three? Write about it!

August is always getting caught up in inter-dimensional business affairs with other versions of himself to maintain a tardy-less record.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Re: Late To Work!

Post by Lovecraft » #82810

I started writing something really dumb, but I might continue it when it isn't 2 am

Read at your own risk.
Spoiler:
Outskirts of New Guanajuato, Mexico, July 16th, 2???
9:36 A.M.

Straining his eyes against the harsh Mexican sunlight, Francisco Nevárez strolled down the corridor with an odd yet deserved sense of pride. It wasn't everyday their district got to process a criminal, let alone a high ranking one.
Keys jingling and hard placed thuds were echoing through the empty stairwell as Franciso made his way down. Turning open yet another door, anticipation crept into the new, slimmer corridor. The air grew teeth and began to bite bare skin. Despite the signature cuerpo familia pelo on his limbs, the youth began to shiver with fulfillment.
"Ir hacia abajo y asegúrese señor Finster es cómodo , el Sr. Nevarez . Nadie ha comprobado en él desde la noche anterior."
With the words swirling around in his head, the officer starting taking deep breaths as he approached the padded steel door.
Él es sólo un hombre pequeño.
His shaking hand was hovering over the dinged porthole. To sooth his nerves, Franciso started humming a hymn from the morning sermon.
Cristo me ama, bien lo se...
The porthole was opened, and Franciso leaned forward to peer inside.
"E-Esto no puede ser!" he gasped. Without wasting a single moment he charged away from the cell and started hurling himself up the stairs.
Within seconds, the Guanajuato Police Headset resting idly on his ear was slammed on.
"Equipo! Equipo! Sr. Finster no está aquí!

MIles away from the Outskirts of New Guanajuato, Mexico, July 16th, 2???
9:02 A.M.

Red slits craned upward toward the sky, August Finster continued running, only stopping to jam his pudgy thumbs into the transmitter.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: Late To Work!

Post by Scones » #83173

I wrote a thing
Spoiler:
NT Command Residence Satellite 3, orbiting Delta Hydron
0830 hours NT standard time, 8:30 A.M. Delta Hydron Solar Time

The piercing whistle of the bi-hourly wakeup call shattered the otherwise pristine environment on Deck 2, which had hitherto been silent with the exception of the engine's gentle hum. Distantly, the sound of doors opening and boots stomping through the hallways echoed, a somewhat unpleasant reminder to one Captain Adeline Lacon that she was, once again, late. Thankfully, it was regulation to sleep in uniform, and she wasted no time in slipping into her shoes and mashing the traditional bicorne over her unkempt hair. The intercom crackled to life after another particularly unpleasant whistle.

"All personnel outbound to: Space Station 14 - Are expected in shuttle dock 2 for transit."

It wouldn't be terribly hard to get bluespace insertion for the day, but there was always the matter of paperwork. Tearing off one of the may disposable forms from the well-used notepad pinned by the door, the Captain leaned against the wall to scribble out the details.

NANOTRASEN STATION CAPTAIN'S TARDY FORM
In accordance with section 1491-K of the Captain's employment contract, this document must be filled out and filed with the proper port authorities in the event that the Captain is late. If an acceptable option is not available, please choose the closest one and NT staff will try to approximate.

PLEASE STATE THE REASON FOR YOUR ABSENCE:
[] OVERSLEEPING
[] ATTEMPT ON LIFE BY DISGRUNTLED EX-CREW
[] ATTEMPT ON LIFE BY SYNDICATE AGENT
[] CLASS 7 SICKNESS
[] SUDDEN METEOR COLLISION
[] PERSONAL ENGAGEMENT
[] SPONTANEOUS TOE-STUBBING ON BEDPOST*
*We are aware of this issue with our standard-issue beds and are working to fix it. Please wear protective footgear at all time to ensure you are at your assigned post as expected.

Without a second thought, she checked off every box and punched the document into the auto-faxer on her desk. That'd give corporate something to think about. Now, it was time to negotiate with the Supply tele science department to move her to the station's Bridge…
0843 hours NT standard time
Attention: Captain Adeline Lacon on deck!
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha