Post by allura » #86512

Bottom post of the previous page:

plkease add an option for just normal names for plasman men :ai:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: PLASMAMEN GENERAL

Post by Scones » #86514

allura wrote:
Lovecraft wrote:Well I certainly didn't know they wanted it to be exclusive, but wouldn't that mean moving it in a direction as far away from the source as possible would be better than having a literal rip?
Who knows? Down the line the sprite work could change.
we already use a sprite different than /vg/'s. and no, ripping a feature then changing it and calling it YOUR OWN ORIGINAL CHARACTER is bad.
Nobody called it original. Everyone here recognizes that it's a feature from /vg/ and that this is our own twist on it. As an individual, you have no right to try and take things over. It's been mentioned a couple other times so I'll probably put some deciding factor regarding the vg-tg lore choice in the next poll once I close the current one. Please stop trying to derail the thread, regardless of your own opinions on the matter. You've voiced them. Case closed.
Last edited by Scones on Thu May 07, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #86515

Scones wrote:
allura wrote:
Lovecraft wrote:Well I certainly didn't know they wanted it to be exclusive, but wouldn't that mean moving it in a direction as far away from the source as possible would be better than having a literal rip?
Who knows? Down the line the sprite work could change.
we already use a sprite different than /vg/'s. and no, ripping a feature then changing it and calling it YOUR OWN ORIGINAL CHARACTER is bad.
Nobody called it original. Everyone here recognizes that it's a feature from /vg/ and that this is our own twist on it. As an individual, you have no right to try and take things over. It's been mentioned a couple other times so I'll probably put some deciding factor regarding the vg-tg lore choice in the next poll once I close the current one.
your opinion is invalid, because it disagrees with mine
i am a god
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #86516

i voted for option 3 so i can be Dank-420 or Dad-1337
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #86519

This vote is too tense I might faint
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Scones

Post by Scones » #86520

Lovecraft wrote:This vote is too tense I might faint
allura wrote:i voted for option 3 so i can be Dank-420 or Dad-1337
I'm closing it this evening, hold onto your hats gentlemen
Lovecraft

Post by Lovecraft » #86522

Vote Mono! :honk:
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Scones

Post by Scones » #86633

Poll is closed. Mononames win (somewhat narrowly) over the Latin.

I'd hate to see this go on hiatus but now that we've adressed some of the main issue points I'd appreciate it if some other people could carry on discussion.
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #86694

Here's an idea. When plasmamen die, the plasma in their skeletal structure rapidly oxidizes and goes critical, causing them to erupt in a very small explosion. The explosion is pretty pitiful in size and damage, but it does gib the plasmaman and send his bones flying at dangerous velocities.

We have sprites for their individual body parts (arms, hands, legs, feet, etc.) so give them the embed/impale proc and viola. Plasmamen become unclonable frag grenades upon death. On the plus side, it provides them one last "fuck this gay earth" ability. On the downside, it means that once they die its gg no re see ya next round.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #86702

Cue the plasmamen lining up in front of the cloner.

Also cue the lizards clamouring for racial traits of their own (AHEM AHEM AHEM.)
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Scones

Post by Scones » #86729

DemonFiren wrote:Cue the plasmamen lining up in front of the cloner.

Also cue the lizards clamouring for racial traits of their own (AHEM AHEM AHEM.)
NO MORE DERAILS DIE LIGGER WHERE I'M FROM WE WOULD HANG YOUR KIND FROM TREES BY THE NECK AND IF IT WAS UP TO ME IT'D STILL BE THAT WAY

Loonikus has kind of an interesting idea, honestly. I'll look into that.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #86740

Bitch, pls. You can't stand up to the lizardbus.

(Also, precedent! I get to argue my shitty case convincingly!)
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #86779

If this whole migrant thing pans out I'm going to have the plasmaman spawn point be a big purple cryo tube type thing full of floating bones and skulls. Feeding it plasma sheets will let plasmamen pop out of it.

How and why does this work? I dunno. Maybe they're escaped lab experiments, maybe they're some sort of amorphous parasite/swarm creature that forms up around skeletons of other species. Or maybe no bones already in the tube, and they just grow out of it because ???

My primary concern is that they need a convenient IC reason to be producing more of themselves within a round. We can make them something truly strange and alien though, we don't need them to be quirky humanoid aliens that are just humans but a stereotype.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #86801

Heres another thing.
Your Mononame vote may be useless. In all realty, players may ignore this "newly adopted standard" and come up with their own naming system completely seperate. They may also ignore it and just keep regular names like John Smith. And they will be able to because different species not naming themselves in sync with the standard is not punishable. So players may follow this or ignore completely or come up with something else. The vote really doesnt matter because the players decide what they are going to follow.
Lovecraft

Post by Lovecraft » #86817

NikNakFlak wrote:Heres another thing.
Your Mononame vote may be useless. In all realty, players may ignore this "newly adopted standard" and come up with their own naming system completely seperate. They may also ignore it and just keep regular names like John Smith. And they will be able to because different species not naming themselves in sync with the standard is not punishable.
Considering most Lizards keep it up-to-snuff I don't think it'll be a noticed issue.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #86818

The point is the whole verbs-the-noun thing just kinda happened, and everybody stuck with it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #86822

and now we are forever stuck with lizard people following the naming conventions of late 2000s metalcore bands
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #86823

[youtube]A5HzWp6vhgQ[/youtube]